Enjoy Technology Employee Reviews

Hardest part of the job
Customer Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LANovember 17, 2019
Selling to enjoyers who may or may not buy from you. The company doesn’t understand that everyone falls on hard times and may not have the funds to buy accessories that are over priced!
Truly my best job yet!
Expert (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2019
Such a awesome wok place. I truly love my job. I feel like this job cares about its employees and their well being. If you don’t like engaging with people this is not the job for you. I recommend having customer service or sales in your background in order to be successful at this company.

The management is great! We have a solid team and we each have unique qualities that allow us to work together to be better.

If you are looking for a place that you can be your self and grow as an individual this place is a great start!
Pros
Paid lunch break, benefits, awesome management
Cons
Systematical issues when they arise
My coworkers are my favorite.
Field Expert (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2019
I enjoy meeting new, fascinating people at work. We work ten-hour shifts four days per week. Though it has been advertised as a customer service opportunity, this is a sales position, and you will be let go if you consistently fail to meet their metrics.
Companies give and take
Expert (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2019
They do grade you depending on how your enjoyers rate you and there are a bunch of metrics that go with selling. You are going to try and up sell products and features for various partners. It is selling centric in how they run their business trying to achieve sufficient revenue. Upper management isn't always hired from within and there is some room for growth but not a lot. Scheduling for visits is out of control, there isn't enough time in the day if your schedule has anymore then 9 visits. They will tell you to pay attention to the customer in front of you but they hold your delivery percentage against you as well.

It is a sales job without commission. If I had known this, I would have never joined up in the first place. For sales I would have just stayed where I was. Yes you make a good hourly rate but I actually made more with commission and worked fewer hours.

Shifts are generally 4 days work and 3 off. You'll have to be fast when the scheduling opens to try and get the days you want.
sales
Expert (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2019
If you do not mind long drives and upselling people at their home then this is the job your looking for. Everyone that works there is nice. but you need to get numbers.
Sales job in disguise...
Expert (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2019
If you are an "Expert" at this company, your job is to add new lines of service to AT&T customer accounts and upsell phone insurance and accessories. They will sugar coat this 'til your teeth hurt, but the reality is that you will be judged solely on your ability to SELL, not by the experience you provide for the customer. You're also expected to deliver items, provide technical setup, support, and customer service, and you'll likely be working at least some shifts in the warehouse as well. Since AT&T is their biggest partner and the majority of your visits, you get to try and fix their mistakes while dealing with their Opus program, which is unreliable at best. So in short, you get to do 4 different jobs for the low salary of 1, in potentially dangerous, stressful, and high pressure situations.

Management cannot handle feedback that is anything less than positive and glowing, and it was very apparent that there was some shady business going on in the background such as specific individuals being targeted, and so on. Lots of favoritism, and unfair treatment was the norm.

I've tried to post a review of my experience at Enjoy at least three times already, and none of them have apparently been approved, yet I've never gotten any reason or explanation as to why (despite following all the "rules"). Regardless, I'm going to try again so that others don't fall for the same lies that I did. If you genuinely want to work in sales, there are thousands of jobs that pay better and treat their employees better.
Cool Company with a Cool Vision
Expert (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 4, 2019
My time with Enjoy was wonderful! Their onboarding process is one that I will never forget--your team will quickly become some of your favorite folks.
interesting business model but can be really stressful.
Logistics Expert (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2019
Enjoy has a nice idea of bringing the joy of an apple store to the customer be it at home or work, the downside is that most new hires seem to get blind sighted by how quick the job turns to just metrics on sales which is not what they seemed to sign up for. Over all if you do not mind finding creative ways to help the customer out while keeping your numbers up this is a good place to work.
Not sure
Fulfillment Expert (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2019
Not that great. Having a tough time at this place. My responsibilities have increased exponentially, but my pay has remained the same. Also, I doing the work of multiple people.
Enjoyless
Expert (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2019
Enjoy is an Independent Contractor sales force with benefits, disguised as a Start-up due to an office in Menlo Park, former Apple employees making up most of its management, and the leadership of a former VP of Retail Marketing from Apple.

What they set out to do was reinvigorate retail by “bringing the store to you”.

However, it is a vacuum snake oil salesman gig where the constant is an up sell of overpriced AT&T products one could find on the Internet for cheaper. Plus, people truly don’t mind getting their devices via FedEx and setting them up on their own. Devices they are addicted to.

Yet, the idea of same day delivery could be great, the execution when I was there was poorly done, putting the Expert in harms way constantly to serve an unsuspecting and ungrateful customer.

The idea is wholesome, but the execution is lacking. Oh, and they make promises that are in flux, underdelivered upon, and unrealistic.

Overall, one of the worst places I have ever worked, hence the high churn and turnover of the workforce.
Constant Job Role Changes
Customer Service Expert (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 7, 2019
Job role consistently change to where now they want you be a sales agent. However they don’t want to compensate for the sales you make for AT&T and google. We make all the money for AT&T while Enjoy keeps all the money that we make for them. When I was hired on, I was told I would not have to be sales man. Only a in hole set up expert. Next thing I know we are all being forced to sell or get written up and fores.
Pros
4 days a week? Three days off
Cons
No commission, selling people in there homes, be
Cell phone sales on the road
Captain (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2019
Enjoy started as a dream to create to the best place to shop and the best place to work. Initially the vision was true for both customers and employees as Experts delivered the latest tech with an immersive experience on site. As time went on, there was a push to switch from providing the best customer service to meeting metrics set by remaining partners. The company provides massive freedom to those that are able to achieve sales success, and can be rewarding to those who work well under pressure.
Don’t be fooled
Expert (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJuly 22, 2019
This is a door to door sales job disguised as an “experience job”. They’re still in a start up mentality where everything can change day to day and the turnover rate is unfortunate. The management were either internal promotions with no management experience but people who made sales, or external hires who don’t understand the way the job works. Most locations are staffed with new hires.
Face-Pace Start up, get ready to change expectations every few months
Market Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2019
The company had a great onboarding experience, the company says they aren't a sales company but they have high expectations for sales with no additional compensation and barely any training. They drastically change direction every 2-3 months. They are in a high growth period, so if you bust your butt and make sure to stay active on their Slack channel to be seen (because its a remote company) then there is a good chance of advancement every 18-24 months. They won't pay you enough for the work you are required to do, be warned. Their merit increase/salary increases rarely happen and when they do it will be less than 3%. Good luck! If you can handle the start up life... then this might be perfect for you.
Do not believe their pretty words. It's all a lie.
Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2019
They sell you on a dream when trying to hire you, but it's a bait and switch. They claim it's a customer service job, but it's a sales job (what this company calls "solutions" is another way of saying sales without saying it). They say they are all about culture and that they're a "people company". Do NOT believe this. The days are 10+ hours, though yes, you do only work 4 in any given week. Management is terrible, useless at best and destructive at worse. They claim they want feedback, but they will tell you you're being negative when you're being honest. They do NOT tell you at first this is a sales job, but then threaten to fire you for several months if you don't have adequate numbers. They sell a pretty dream and treat the face of their company despicably. The day is spent wasting a good 30-40 minutes in the morning and then rushing out to your first visit, which is anywhere from 30-45 or more minutes away. Your day is spent stuck in traffic, trying to rush to finish all your visits, and you're not given enough time in the day, or enough time in the visit for everything this company wants you to do. Their solutions consist of selling accessories, insurance, add additional lines of service, or additional speakers to someone... IN THEIR HOME! Most people who get this service do not want it, nor do they want anything more than whatever it is your delivering them. Customers are anywhere from peeved, to annoyed, to downright hostile. When you try to explain this to management, they don't listen to you, and say that you're making excuses, or that you need to try a different approach  more... to find a solution.
Honestly? The best part of this job was the people, and I will truly miss those that I met there. That's the most amazing part of this position - which is that your coworkers are generally really amazing people. The down side to this part is that you only see them about 10-20 minutes of your day, towards the beginning and the end of it.
Management is a joke. They do not care to help you through your day, and they are not there for you, at least in NY. When you ask them for help, they dance around the subject, and end up not being helpful. When you let them know that you have too many visits, or cannot physically do all that they give you in a day, they either ignore you, or simply don't want to help you. They honestly ONLY care about the numbers and your performance.
All in all, no, I do not recommend you trying to get a job here. Run away, as fast as you can, and do not apply.
no growth
Fulfillment Expert (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 4, 2019
no matter how long you've been there there isn't much growth when a company is hiring outside instead of employees within the company that already knows the workplace culture
This is a cult.
In-Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJune 28, 2019
This is the most disrespectful company I have ever worked for, they truly don't care about you and only care about squeezing the last dollar they can out of you before they axe you without a second thought.

The upper management, specifically the coaches (regional managers, cuz they like to use different names to pretend they aren't corporate) full of superficially personal people who will say things like "I hear you", and "That us a wonderful point" while ignoring everything you say.

They have even acknowledged that you don't have time to take a lunch with their schedules they put you on and they don't care to do anything about it.

Back that will sales metrics that, "we are working to figure out as we don't know what's appropriate yet" but will fire you when you can't sell insurance to people who already have it.

From the bottom of my heart it pained me to see some co-workers stuck there only because they needed income in exchange for mentally abusive upper management, who would prod them with "well if you don't like it just leave".
Cons
No lunches, 11+ hour days, no real HR, no feedback loop, HEAVY and uncommission sales.
A Dream That Wasn't True
Field Expert (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2019
While I take pleasure in providing a convenient service to Enjoyers that Enjoy provides, we have simply become employees of a particular partner at this point because of the services that we are asked to offer. After being told that we were an experience company that didn't focus on sales, in recent months, that language has totally changed. Management has been reluctant to admit the truth that we are indeed a sales company and that our job is to make money for our biggest partner, and not provide the experience that many thought they were signing up for.
Pros
Free time, ability to make own schedule, benefits
Cons
Job security, constant turnover, compensation
Fun experiment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2019
Good company to work for if you want to have something no as strict sitting in an office staring out a window hoping thunder will kill you. Getting to travel around the bay area was awesome, having the ability to meet up with fellow co-workers for lunch was awesome.
Job expectations did a 180 degree turn within months
Field Expert (Former Employee) –  PortlandMay 28, 2019
I was hired to be a field expert. Like the rest of my team, we were told during multiple interviews that the job was all about delivering a high quality, personal experience for the customer. We had a lot of trainjng to provide an exceptional experience. It was great helping people. That changed. Quickly. Within 6 months, it became a straight sales job for AT&T wireless customers. You are pushed and pushed to sell additional lines of service and cell phone insurance. If you don't meet the quota (which is ridiculously high), you're placed on 30 days notice. 75% of my team was on a write up.

Management is hired based on their sales history. They aren't hired based on leadership skills or abilities. So you get paper pushers instead of leaders.

The company should be honest during it's recruiting and interviews that this is a straight sales job with no commission. They can barely maintain staff in many major cities because the hourly wage is so low.

I don't know how the company will survive.
Pros
Good co-workers. Good health insurance.
Cons
Paid time off barely exceeds state law. Hired under false expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enjoy Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8