Enlivant Employee Reviews

Awful
RCP (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 15, 2018
The ED and Nurse are the worst! Heartless rude lazy & over paid! Nothing about this place is great except the residents. Worst workplace ever! If you like stress being over worked and talked to like trash then go ahead and apply.
Horrible unprofessional management. Only thing good was the residents
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 8, 2018
Don’t work for this company so much drama and coworkers that threaten you no punishment for that conworker management would threaten job even if you did nothing wrong. Hires anyone off the street. If I could put 0 stars I would such a place of bullying
Pros
Cons
Everything from management to cooperate
Absolutely love my job
HR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
I've never worked for a better company. I'm proud every day to say that the people who work here do their best to not only serve the residents, but to serve our employees. Proud of this company. There's always room for improvement, but we as a company try to get better every day. Love Enlivant!
Pros
Unlimited PTO, room for growth
Cons
Wish we had better systems.
Shame on you Enlivent...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WANovember 3, 2018
The residents deserve better... insufficient staffing. Poorly trained personnel. A culture of covering up serious issues. I’m embarassed to say I worked here breifly...
Too old them
Director of Memory Care (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 29, 2018
I was the Director of Memory Care and the lowest paid manager on staff. If fact the job went to someone else and she is being paid more than I was and had less education and less experience with memory care.
Bad company all together
Rcp (Former Employee) –  Warsaw,inOctober 24, 2018
Considering as an aide you are housekeeping,laundry,dietary,nurse,nursing assistant,and maintaince $11.00/hr is an insult. This company does not care about their employees let alone their residents. It's all about the money not the care or compassion. Lack of respect is an understatement when dealing with management AND EVEN COORPORATE. There's no chance for job advancement . I was there for over a year and never received my PTO time. Unfortunately at the Warsaw facility, the meaner and lazier you are the more youre caterd to. This is not your average nursing setting so please explore your options and don't sell yourself short something's are unfixable and not all company's are like this. Find a company who understands the nursing field and make a difference and care they way you're suppose to.
If you do decide to try it out please remember Residentt Care is more important than mopping floors and hospice patients are still breathing and need care.
Pros
Amazing residents, free food
Cons
Lack of concern, lack of chain of command
I have no comment.
Sever/dinning room (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 24, 2018
They do not appreciate what you do no matter how hard, or how long you work. You get strung along about your pay.staffing is horrible. At times only one person working.
Pros
Outside clean
Cons
Everything else sucks
No life work balance
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 23, 2018
No life work balance. Regionals listen to employees, especially negative ones, and don't ask for ED's side. You are automatically guilty.
This is a churn and burn company for EDs.
Regionals make you admit residents that should be in a skilled nursing facility. Then they don't give you enough help to take care of these high acuity residents.
Rarely see regionals especially nursing; i.e. no support for the DON.
Pros
Loved my staff
Cons
No life work balace
terrible management
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 22, 2018
A lot of favoritism, so some people get written up, and others who have never had a write up just get fired without warning! Management team is all women who go to the bars every night, and hire their personal friends, and leave no room for fair job advancement and no room for fair communication. Pay is poor for people with experience. Pay is poor for the amount of work you will do in the required shift... CNA is not required so I ended up working with people with no experience, which made this place of employment "trashy" due to the lack of compassion needed to care for the elderly. Management is so lazy, and the required training was not thorough for those who had no nursing/caregiving experience. I ended up working 10x harder during my shifts due to new hires not having any experience or proper training....
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay and hard work loads during 12 hour shifts
Love working with my co workers
Resident care partner (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 13, 2018
It a very stressful place... alot of drama... bosses always wait for the last minute to find someone to work for the shift that's working that day.. or work by your self for 40 residents for one person
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Bossese are nagative
Terrible
Residents Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIOctober 6, 2018
This job is terrible they leave all the shifts short mangers show favoritism all the time residents are extremely rude low pay with barely any room for advancements
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks low pay
Very friendly coworkers
RCP - Resident Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INOctober 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, the time that I did. Its very overwhelming at first, because its such a large building. I think I was there for a month before I really got the hang of things. However I was also only just getting the hang of it when they started leaving me to work the floor by myself with around 60 residents. Granted it is Assisted Living, but it still gets very busy. The coworkers and residents are very friendly, the Executive Director is amazing. During meals is probably the worst, it's complete chaos. You'll have at least 5 residents yelling at you for coffee and other items they want.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
No help, meals
Poor management, lack of teamwork
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 25, 2018
I have been working at several different facilities and I understand there is drama anywhere you go but I would honestly have to say Enlivant wins. You don't have to like who you work with but while you're at work at least keep it professional and work together. You're supposed to be able to go to management when you feel a resident is being treated unfairly but not at Enlivant. If you tell management anything they turn right around and tell the person that person who said something and when it was said just so they won't look bad. How do you expect your employees to get along and work together when you are turning them against one another. When people are hired promises are being made and when those promises are not kept people walk right out the door. Employees are mistreating the residents and nothing is being done about it because they are desperate of help. Residents pay ridiculous amounts of money to stay here and do not get the proper care. I have been working for an Enlivant facility for a little over a year now and it is ridiculous how many uncalled for deaths there have been since I have been here. The only reason I stay here is because of my residents and my family.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Employees/ management
Good Company, good environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 23, 2018
Fast paced job for the charge nurse, but we are given good management support, incentives, and treated like we matter. I left nursing for a year, then returned to my job with Enlivant because of the environment and excellent pay.
Pros
Good support from management
Cons
busy for an assisted living facility
Company not as they portray themselves!!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northwest INSeptember 21, 2018
There is way to much to cover in a short review. No consistency in the way things are done. Constant turnover because of low pay and regular turnover with upper management as well. The company preaches integrity and CORE values when there is absolutely none. This company cares about the bottom line NOT the care and well being of the residents. If the employee hours are over or not in line with budget nursing/care staff are first to get cut which makes no sense when you are supposed to be a resident centered business.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Way to many to mention but the biggest is lack of care/poor care for residents.
Fun and productive environment.
DINING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. It wasn't a high stress job, and the people working there were all very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the people you interacted day to day.
Do not work here.
Chapman Place (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2018
This place sucks. Management is terrible. Abuse is not taken serious. I would not recommend working there. The only good thing about this place is the residents and the activities directors.
Pros
Resdients.
Cons
Everything but the residents
Do not work here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 14, 2018
The director is an arrogant, two faced, malicious human being. She does not actually care for anyone. She’s conniving & deceiving. Everyone in management is rude & dishonest. I wouldnt recommend this place caring for my animals let alone my human family members. There are bugs, there is a dog that just urinates on the floor & disinfectant is not sprayed nor is it cleaned. Such a low wage for all that you do. You’re expected to do everything, but you can get paid more sitting on your butt or working at Walmart. You would think taking care of elderly would be higher paying. PATHETIC.
small facilities, rotating management
Med Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WASeptember 7, 2018
Management changes frequently leading to chaotic work environment. individual managers were often well meaning but did not appear to have the autonomy to manage in a consistent manner.
Pros
small facilites equal great relationships with clients
Cons
unstable work environment
No support for the work that we do.
Cook (Current Employee) –  AZSeptember 5, 2018
I wish I could say Im happy n fulfilled. My pay is good but its the staff in the bldg that make life difficult. Ive never seen such drama and there is no accountability. I hope things can turnaround.
Pros
Residents and their families
Cons
Employees, no training, favoritism, bullying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4