Enlivant
46Low

Enlivant Employee Reviews

United States567 reviews
I am a newly resigned employee. I felt like there was no hope for a company that did not adhere to state wide policies, showed little respect for employees that were overworked and understaffed and no managment was willing to help, only complain about being on call. They frequently turn the other cheek. I recently was informed that a former coworker was even forced to attend a meeting off the clock in which a prayer took place, this also happened while I was employed
Pros
residents and floor staff bond is amazing, the house keeping, cooks, activities are so helpful
Cons
the managment makes people attend meeting off the clock, force political, racial, and religous veiws on staff, and prayers during meetings, does not validate concerns and take them seriously, care staff is not veiwed as essential or treated essential, certain employees can smoke on property without consequence, care staff is repremanded for voicing concerns
I truly love my job at Mansfield place I work as a nurse there and feel like it is my second family. Great team work and support. Negative reviews by past assistant chef's is bogus and stems from hard feelings because they weren't cut out for the position they were hired for, nothing more nothing less. Sad that they would shame such a great place. Would highly recommend we absolutely love our residents as we would our own family.
Pros
Great team
Cons
This place is beautiful on the outside and dirty on the inside. The residents are not properly taken care of, they are understaffed badly and to top it off, the residents feet are always black from the floors being dirty. Management goes around in circles so the staff have to listen to multiple orders which puts them clueless on what to do and who to listen to. Please act dumb and you will be fine at this job. If management thinks your smart and can make a difference, you will be fired for caring about those poor elderly people. The place is filthy....filthy....filthy....
Pros
N/a
Cons
No staff want to be there
I love Enlivant. I greatly appreciate the leadership and the opportunities to advance with this company. Enlivant is innovative and adapting to the changing environment. I feel very supported.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Good Benefits
Cons
ATTENTION ATTENTION This is a horrible place to work poor management I don't care if you have the experience for a job they won't even let you apply for it they would pass it on to one of their friends no matter if that person don't have a clue about that job. It's a thing called equal employer opportunity standards that company does not go by. do not I repeat do not see your loved ones there they all about taking their money once your loved ones get through them doors they can't even remember their name which is a shame. I learned very quickly in orientation how everybody talks about the other person from managers to staff members it's a big stabbed in the back show. I was one of the kitchen staff me and another young lady we both left because other Management in the kitchen. They didn't order certain food items and they were quickly blame it on the staff members in the kitchen saying we burnt up food and threw it away or either took it home wow who wants to work under them conditions.It will be be so easy and honest to say I forgot to order it. The resident does not get the meals they have paid for because is constantly nothing in the kitchen so we had the makeup stuff at the last minute that is not how you run a business. So just a fair warning if you put your application in you going to be running for the hills quickly. STAY AWAY FROM MANSFIELD Place please stay away there's many companies out there and that's not one you should choose. Boy do I wish I had warnings like this before I took the job I would have never took it.
Pros
There is none
Cons
Horrible place
This is perhaps the worst culture and senior care company in America. Corrupt and inefficient and Only about the bottom line. Pay is horrible and they will throw anyone under the bus to cover for their lies.
Pros
Cons
No integrity, low pay and horrible culture
I worked for Enlivant at a facility in Dalton Georgia. Dalton Place Senior Living was the worse job I ever had. There is no job security. They fire good employyees for the smallest things. They fire employees for managements mistakes. Enlivant does not take accountability and neither does management at Dalton Place. If you care about people and this your passion I wouldn’t advise you to work. This place needs to be shut down. The kitchen is disgusting! Mold everywhere. No extermination. Laundry rooms are hideous and unsanitary. They failed inspection multiple times
Pros
Residents are amazing
Cons
Unfair pay, favoritism, no job security, violation of patient rights
It’s a shame really, the ED, was outstanding, reason that I took the job, only been at my work place almost 2 months, but the gossip has made a caustic work environment, working in the kitchen staff along with the “Chef” accuse the cooks of burning food, spreading false rumors, etc. after just 2 months I am already looking for another job. 😢
Pros
Hours worked
Cons
Everything else
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for! There is no structure, no one is held accountable for their actions. The Regional Executive Director is one rude person, she speaks to everyone in a condescending manor as if ppl are beneath her & no matter if you report her to HR the Regional Director Of Operations is her best friend! And once you report her to HR you should just resign because the retaliation is unbearable! This company is a joke and I don’t know how they have lasted this long they have a high turnover in management and staff my heart goes out to the the innocent residents
Pros
The loving residents & Their Families
Cons
Meals, Morale, Unsupportive/Abusive Regional Team
I enjoyed my time working with Enlivant. My manager and the upper leadership team was very solid and a joy to work with. I think the pay could have been a little higher based on the position but that’s a choice that I made.
Not a good place to work!! Corporate doesn’t care about the residents!! Hide important information about the residents to the families!! Do not work for them or put your family members there!!
Horrible organization
Horrible culture

Horrible experience

Horrible leadership the executive team degraded the front line staff and regional teams constantly
Pros
Both
Cons
Management sucks. They are racist and intimidating. They follow you. They are rude to the residents and family. They are liars and fall short when it comes to the well being of they residents.
Pros
You get a pay check
Cons
Everything else
Clean nice residents poor managment
Loved my residents and employees OK most of them but a few are lazy don't care about people or them residents and I couldn't stay for that purpose
Pros
Easy
Cons
People sleep on job messy staff as far as managment
lots of overtime available. Family oriented atmosphere. Kind team members. Good benefits. Opportunities for growth. Flexible work schedule. PTO and 401k
If Enlivant was what they claim in their Mission, Vision, Values It would be a wonderful place to work, but unfortunately that’s not the case. Working with seniors is a true joy but it can’t compensate for the negative daily experience of working for Enlivant and local leadership that offers little collaboration or support with plenty of dictation and condescension. A frustrating and stressful experience.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Lack of strong local leadership and company culture
This company is so poorly managed it's almost unbelievable. Too many managers micromanaging other managers resulting in major communication breakdowns, hypocritical input, and major departmental overstepping is the norm. They will throw you to the wolves with little to no training and obscure goals and expectations so you will always feel left in the dark. There are many wonderful people that work for this company but the organization is quick to fire people with potential, I have seen them violate employee rights as well. Since the majority of the time, they are understaffed so you will be burning out very fast with little to no real support from upper management as you try to do multiple people's jobs while trying to do your own.

Also, the corporation is extremely top-heavy with managers, almost everyone is a manager beyond housekeeping and some lower care providers. While you are getting paid below what you are worth in the marketplace, be rest assured that all that loose change is going to the countless managers above you as they all cannibalize each other creating a major "dog eat dog" turnover within the company.

The company tries to assure others that they are "a great place to work" as they smear this marketing campaign everywhere they can, yet no one other than a couple that is getting paid well would agree. And like many other 1 star reviews, yes this company is all about money and has no problem drownding you in so much work while at the same time reducing or restricting your hours.

The facility that I was in was so neglected that if the state came in
 - more...
I felt at the end of my employment there, I was not getting the support I needed dealing with some disrespectful employees.
I was required to work 12 hour days on my weekends to work. It was too much.
Love my community is S.C.! Management is wonderful! Residents are even better! I feel like I have another family I’m going to see every morning! Definitely gives you a feel of purpose in life
Roanoke Virginia. Our Region has excellent Nursing and Operational Support! A great team, works like a family. Residents are happy! Always building and growing. Always learning new things and bettering ways to act in time saving ways.
Worst place to work. You have a so called nurse who does absolutely nothing and lies about all the work he does and literally know nothing about the residents. staffing is a joke residents are constantly complaining about neglect from the staff and nothing gets done about it. Staff literally does nothing, and no one seems to care. They show up when it's convenient for them.
Cons
Horrible management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4