Enlivant Employee Reviews

set you up to fail
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  texasMay 24, 2018
Expect 5 activities a day for residents but expect you to only work 30-35 hours-impossible. Manager couldn't ever look you in the eye. Residents pay way too much for the services they are proivided and care given
Pros
the residents
Cons
pay, hours, expect too much for low pay
terrible!
Kitchen Assistant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 23, 2018
The work itself as kitchen help/housekeeper was simple. They were nice during the hiring process, but once I got in the door it was all downhill. Management was terrible, she always had snarky remarks and was in her office every morning because everything was being nit picked..from your tone of voice, to the way you walk, to the way you poured your OWN coffee, etc. Very disrespectful staff. It was like being back in high school with the girls I worked with. The residents were very sweet, but treated so poorly by the resident aides. I lasted 3 days & had to get out. Would NOT recommend.
Pros
easy work
Cons
horrible managment and staff
Is it REALLY about the residents? Are you living your mission and values on a daily basis??
Management (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 21, 2018
There is a definite theme to the ratings of this company. Each employee that has come through the doors have been promised many things. Unfortunately, none of these promises are kept. The staff work diligently in order to bring excellent care to the residents. When your corporate building is in Chicago, right next to a Trump building, you might be spending way too much money on your corporate building and not putting your monies back into the residences. When the residents have to use broken dishes, chairs, and are unsafe related to old items, you may want to look re-look at your mission and values and your management team. It certainly is a business, but the residents MUST COME FIRST. Your boots on the ground need to be taken care of too.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Senior Leadership, Poor Follow Through
I did not work for enlivant and do not know anything about the company
Licensed Assistant Living Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2018
When I was employed with assisted living it was known as assisted living concepts
Assisted living consists before it sold the company was great with their Administrators ensuring their voice was heard and gave you owner ship in your residence to make decisions that would benefit the residents and staff
I enjoyed coming to work in a non stressful environment meeting people from all walks of life and helping to maintain dignity ,respect and quality of life for my residents
Pros
easy environment, fun without stress, wonderful peers to work with
Cons
company sold and the mission statement and vision changed
Would not recommend
Staff member (Former Employee) –  OH West Wood PlaceApril 28, 2018
In beginning was great place to work after current CSM came facility went down hill and has not gotten any better. ED is not better. There are some good staff. But majority have no prior experience. Marketer does great job. Other management is awful, there goal is to get people to quit or fire them if they don't agree with there tactics. Care to residents is not acceptable. House Keeper is exceptional and could run the building as she is previous aid and best aid in the building but no credit given. Nursing staff are over worked with no assistance from CSM. Deficient free status is because of a couple of the nursing staff not the management. I would not put my loved on here. If they like you your schedule will be what you need. Rarely get to take a break
Money is all that matters
RCP (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 28, 2018
This company is all about favoritism. If the boss doesn't like you, they make it known and make each day miserable. Then you have a manager who requests staff to set up other workers to get them out the door. Residents mean nothing to anyone. Bottom line this corporation cares only about the money and not the welfare of each person. Many residents are being neglected and left on the floor for hours before anyone checks on them. Heaven forbid you speak up since you get reprimanded or fired. Food is inconsistent, staff doesn't care about doing the right thing, residents are degraded by staff. It's a nightmare.
Pros
Interaction withthe residents
Cons
Blackmail by corporate staff
Terrible Management.
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 27, 2018
Loved what I did, but ED liked to take what I had organized for residents and use it for herself. Gave my heart and soul to the building and received nothing in return. Was sad to leave the residents, but I just couldn't do it anymore.
People don't matter, numbers matter.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 26, 2018
In Arizona there is a culture of fear and intimidation. Nobody is given any leadership development. Nobody is given any formal review. No transparency in investigation process. HR is "king" and if you rock the boat by having an opinion about something that is contrary to operations you will be terminated without a second thought. micromanagement of the sales process with extreme pressure to bring the numbers. The care services dept is a necessary evil as far as they are concerned. No respect, no investment, no thought really to what it means to actually provide care for the residents.
I enjoyed working in the communities with the staff and the residents and their families, but the "powers that be" in this division are not leaders but only driven by sales and will always throw nurses under the bus. I am disgusted by my experience with this company. RUN, don't walk!
Poor Facility being run to the ground
Manageent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 24, 2018
Under qualified management. Ghetto, understaffed facility. Extremely unprofessional can never get a hold on anyone. No nurses no aides no dietary staff. Nice rooms with nursing home residents this is NOT assisted living.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no staffing, high workload, multiple units for nurses
Its not a job its a calling...
Care Services Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 9, 2018
Since joining the Enlivant team I have not been disappointed. Their mission statement is more then just words to attract employees and residents, it is truely lived and stands for not just resident care but QUALITY of LIFE for anyone who is admitted. The residents at Grand Emerald are cared for like we would care for our own loved ones. This is the first job I have had that my Regional team is truely behind me giving me the support I need and that is a gift. I am honored to be a part of the Enlivant team!!
Pros
Support of Regional team, Integrity, humility, compassion, and fun!! Job advancement possibilities
Cons
Hiring process takes long time.
Poor Corpotate follow up in all areas.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHApril 7, 2018
No Care Manager RN in over 3 months, Director leaving, Census dropping, Corporate staff lacking ability to get positions filled and care issues resolved. Very high turnover since recent very poor survey results.
Pros
Currently None
Cons
Favortism for young and thin staff, no nurse managent and ran by LPNs with minimal qualifications.
Started Great. Ended horribly
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 27, 2018
Since a new investment group came in to the picture everything changed. Now just like all the rest of Assisted Livibg companies.

You can probably do better.
Pros
Nice community, the residents
Cons
Lot of sales pressure. Understaffed
Wonderful Position
Area Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
Enlivant has a great Mission and Values for the company. Corporate does live by the Mission and values of the company. I would still work for Enlivant if not for a temporary personal issue had not happened.
The position I held as an Area Executve Director was a wonderful position even with the 100% travel time that came with the position.
Pros
Able to experience multiple communities within the company
Cons
100% travel time could be exhausting at times.
Very caring staff. Great team work
Care Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work! The residents are family! The focus is on providing excellent care for the folks in our community and choosing what is best for thme always!
Pros
Free lunch and great resident and work family!
Excellent Company
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anamosa, IAMarch 20, 2018
Staff very friendly and helpful. Everyone made time to interact with the residents. Residents and families were wonderful and very involved in activities.
Pros
residents
Cons
pay
Horrible management they encourage bullying and cursing plus gossiping
CPR 2 (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 17, 2018
It all starts with the management; they lie too you’re face. CPR 2 do more housekeeping then the person that is getting paid to do housekeeping? Also they “management “ are friendly with some of their workers to were they go out bar hoping, That was mind blowing. They have their favorites, so the new girls do everything wrong...it’s always the new girls fault, at the blue bonnet place almost all residences see all what goes on. Which is sad. They gave me warnings of who not to talk too and why. Meanwhile the management let the favorable employees do whatever they want,
Pros
Nonexistent
Cons
All the above
Love it here
Rcp (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMarch 11, 2018
I like working here I have been here three years and it’s a very nice place to work. We are a small community and I feel like we are one big family that look out for each other.
Pros
Relaxed, small, happy residents
Desire to be different
Regional Director Operations (Current Employee) –  West DivisionMarch 10, 2018
If you’ve ever worked in a “young” company or startup you know that things are always changing and in motion until the company groundwork and culture are set. Well add in the ever changing discipline of healthcare and you can have some feelings of instability. Enlivant is this and that is normal. Where they are different is their focus and leadership. They focus on the resident care and the people they hire to care for them. They truly want to be better and different and aren’t striving to be the biggest senior housing but the “most trusted”. They listen and support and are trying to do it right. The end of a day, it’s still business and what pays the bills is occupancy so for any review that says they focus a lot on occupancy or sales...good, they should to keep the bldg going for other residents living there and staff that work there, people are counting on them for this and so are the communities they are in. I’m excited to be part of a company that cares.
Pros
Culture, leadership support, Response time from the support center
Cons
No Tuition Reimbursement, business intelligence systems need structure and refinement
Deceptive
Director (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHMarch 6, 2018
Do not believe any reviews on here from Chicago. They are all from the corporate office. They are told to put great reviews on here to build positive outcomes. They are now teaching this because they know the truth and why their employees leave. Residents don't come first, just the dollar! Nothing will ever change with this company. All they did was change there name a few years ago because they ran into financial difficulty and the share holders thought it would look good to the public. They spend $30,000 on regional meetings but then won't invest money into their communities and say they need to cut the budget. If you watch how many times their are positions open its because retention is not possible with the expectation of the staff and low wages. They only hire people based off of personality profiles and A players. They do not care if your a hard worker, care about the residents and love what you do. Run as fast as you can from this company!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over worked, underpaid, not enough supplies, not enough staff, terrible transportation, nursing, etc
company violates employee laws
Emeritus (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 1, 2018
labor abuse, hostile work environment, poor upper management, high turn over of staff. I would not recommend the industry of assisted living to anyone, small, private, or the largest company it does not matter work environment is very hard, and it is all about profit not the elderly people within the community, You can't sell something you don't believe in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4