Enlivant Employee Reviews

Good Company, good environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 23, 2018
Fast paced job for the charge nurse, but we are given good management support, incentives, and treated like we matter. I left nursing for a year, then returned to my job with Enlivant because of the environment and excellent pay.
Pros
Good support from management
Cons
busy for an assisted living facility
Company not as they portray themselves!!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northwest INSeptember 21, 2018
There is way to much to cover in a short review. No consistency in the way things are done. Constant turnover because of low pay and regular turnover with upper management as well. The company preaches integrity and CORE values when there is absolutely none. This company cares about the bottom line NOT the care and well being of the residents. If the employee hours are over or not in line with budget nursing/care staff are first to get cut which makes no sense when you are supposed to be a resident centered business.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Way to many to mention but the biggest is lack of care/poor care for residents.
Fun and productive environment.
DINING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. It wasn't a high stress job, and the people working there were all very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the people you interacted day to day.
Do not work here.
Chapman Place (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2018
This place sucks. Management is terrible. Abuse is not taken serious. I would not recommend working there. The only good thing about this place is the residents and the activities directors.
Pros
Resdients.
Cons
Everything but the residents
Do not work here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PASeptember 14, 2018
The director is an arrogant, two faced, malicious human being. She does not actually care for anyone. She’s conniving & deceiving. Everyone in management is rude & dishonest. I wouldnt recommend this place caring for my animals let alone my human family members. There are bugs, there is a dog that just urinates on the floor & disinfectant is not sprayed nor is it cleaned. Such a low wage for all that you do. You’re expected to do everything, but you can get paid more sitting on your butt or working at Walmart. You would think taking care of elderly would be higher paying. PATHETIC.
small facilities, rotating management
Med Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WASeptember 7, 2018
Management changes frequently leading to chaotic work environment. individual managers were often well meaning but did not appear to have the autonomy to manage in a consistent manner.
Pros
small facilites equal great relationships with clients
Cons
unstable work environment
No support for the work that we do.
Cook (Current Employee) –  AZSeptember 5, 2018
I wish I could say Im happy n fulfilled. My pay is good but its the staff in the bldg that make life difficult. Ive never seen such drama and there is no accountability. I hope things can turnaround.
Pros
Residents and their families
Cons
Employees, no training, favoritism, bullying
Even treated family members terrible
RCP (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FlSeptember 2, 2018
I was ashamed to work there. The residents, family members, and staff deserved better. Poor management. It will never improve until management leaves. Dishonest.
Pros
residents
Cons
poor managemnet
Favortism
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Blair, NEAugust 29, 2018
I adore Carter Place but the management is horrible with favoritism. The director doesn't know exactly how to do her job . We are not allowed to have a good time.
home like work environment centered on quality care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 26, 2018
assisted living facility focused on quality patient care. a typical day consists of assisting residents with ADL's and activities. Each home is limited to 30-40 beds which allows genuine relationships to form between the residents and the aides.
Pros
smailler work place
Cons
no work advancement
Good residents bad work environment
Resident Care Provider (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCAugust 21, 2018
Overall the best thing about the job was the residents. I came in as a part time employee and was working full time hours but couldnt get the full time benefits. Then we as caregivers always worked short and we had to wash dishes also. When working for this company you must literally be a jack of all trades and towarda the end of my employment they were bringing in all kinds of residents as in total care residents. And managment definetly shows favortism and agency was always having to come in due to working short about every day.
Pros
Good residents
Cons
Managment, work enviroment
If you care about your loved one dont put them here
Didn' work there (Former Employee) –  Tucson,AZAugust 13, 2018
This is by far the worst place you could put your loved ones. Management is by far the worst I have ever seen! Moved my aunt into memory care when she didn't need to be all because she needed help eating, I was there visiting one day when I heard the executive director refer to her and some other residents as "feeders" because they had to help them eat! They older lady at the front desk does way to much gossiping, and there is one resident who calls herself a "bit#h" that runs the place if she doesn't like your family management will move them or ask them to leave in order to make her happy.
Pros
Don't put your loved one here
Cons
Horrible company and management!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Amarillo TexasAugust 10, 2018
Look out for this company! It's awful. They don't respect their employees and could careless if you work hard and actually help improve the place. Management just sits in the office and collects credit for work they don't do.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Nasty place to work< they don't care
N/A (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
Management is Terrible, Patient care people are LAZY , It a fight to get anything done if you want it done they say, do it yourself. The is so NASTY , she complaints about everything. She does not even like herself, so how could she like anyone else.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
everything about the place
Good teams at times, does not bother dedicated workers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 9, 2018
Very busy and stressful but memory care is all that in a nut shell. Treat your staff with respect and you will be able to have a fantastic team to work with. Management changes often just go with the flow, your focus is on the residents and that should be priority. As long as you go your job there will be nothing to worry about and job security.
Pros
grow to be family
Cons
8 hour shifts
Difficult days
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  North WashingtonAugust 7, 2018
This company has a potential to be one of the best. However, they lack in figuring it all out. Instead, they spend so much time trying to blame people for not doing a job that top management should be doing. There is no communication and there is no support to community leaders. They place people in regional positions that have no qualifications and no clue how to manage, coach, and train community leadership. The company reputation is tainted and will never recover. READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE APPLYING. They are true! 2.3 rating speaks volumes
Pros
Hard working care staff
Cons
Poor operational leadership, pricing structure. Non industry stock holders that simply dont care
Smoke and mirrors
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Since the investor came aboard this whole company has gone sideways.
All about revenue to get investor with stock holders to buy the company. They are cash strapped and staff continues to be cut.
I.T. Infrastructure is very weak. No money for media ads. Not allowed any type of social marketing.
They are making stuff up on the fly. Recent roll out of memory care was quite humorous. They have people in charge of managing the training who are clueless about dementia.
No theme attached as they did not want to pay for the branding and marketing to promote.
Their idea of sales is to go in and meet 5 straight days with referral sources and discuss CHIEF!! I guess they feel compassion is a sellable concept vs a given.
They manage by metrics yet refuse to acknowledge the number of inquiries who cannot afford.
You had 6 leads last week and only 1 move in!! The other 5 were low income and could not afford. Doesn't matter you have dropped below the standard so you are now on performance plan of corrections.
Pros
On paper they have great concepts
Cons
95% never get implemented
Low pay and high stress
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2018
If you're willing to take a low paying entry level job, then this place is for you. If you'd like to have high stress, again, this is the place for you.
Corporate management doesn't care about your hourly wage, but they have a goal with employee retention. And they don't care that the gas station is paying more than a caregiver.
Pros
Helping seniors
Cons
wages for what we do is very low.
A horriable company to work for
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29649July 31, 2018
Lack of communication, poor management, poor resident care, best part was relationship with some residents. beautiful facility , some appropriate assisted living residents have asked me to help them find alternate assisted living facilities . admission of inappropriate residents for assisted living. primary goal appears to be just filling the rooms.
Pros
Appropriate Assisted Living Residents (few)
Cons
Total environment, poor communication. constant errors & mistakes by management
No assistance
Former nurse (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 25, 2018
Management says 'if you need help just ask', when you ask for help, they all say' I can't, I have to leave. I font h ave time to help, blah blah blah. 3 generals with 1 lowly private, and the one lowly private to do all the work. Trying to call Doctors get orders pass meds admit residents, and still no help.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Non helpful management Stress level to high, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4