Enlivant Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oregon StateFebruary 19, 2019
I've worked for Enlivant for almost a year now.
I have been in the caregiver business for over 20 years. I've worked for 5 different companies in this time and Enlivant has impressed me the most. The #1 reason is Its the only place I have had the management team support. Example our administrator is hands on with residents and employees. He is the first to arrive in the morning, he will roll up his sleeve and work along beside his caregivers if need be instead of sitting behind his desk knowing we are a caregiver short. Not only the Adminastrator but also our Maintance man will kick in to help from. setting dining room to assisting residence to meals or whatever needs done. First job ever that I worked with a real team.
Pros
all the awsome residents & their personalities
Cons
Life Enrichment program need more activities
Lively, everyday is different, busy, but work like a family
Anonymous employee (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 4, 2019
Work life balance can be a challenge. Attitude is everything when working with a team. Flexibility is a must. Rewarding at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the life of our seniors. Even a few minutes of hand holding and a smile go a long way carings for the residents. The negative reviews are pure bitterness from those that don’t have the compassion and spirit necessary to succeed in the care giving business
Pros
making a difference one senior at a time. Positive feedback from leaders who know how hard we work
Cons
Minimal annual increases not based on merit
If you value your nursing license, don’t work here.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Douglassville, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Terrible company. Basic nursing duties not followed through on. Coumadin tracking had not done in months. Pressure sores throughout the building. Wounds ordered daily not completed for days on end, with no support or assistance from the CSM or corporate nurse due to nursing short staffing. Ignorant CSM(DON) doesn’t know basic nursing common sense. Symptomatic Cdiff residents permitted to roam within the population. Four caregivers for 80 residents, max six, with at least a third true skilled level. 14 hits on the most recent state inspection and would have been more if they would have stayed longer than a day. No support from corporate and ED let go for false claims and rumors from other catty management without any investigation, or asking any questions of the direct care staff. Staff called corporate managers phone and did not return any messages. Management, from all departments constantly overheard talking negatively about each other as well as the direct care staff. Company expects caregivers to run short staffed at all times regardless of the extensively high level of care outside of what is typically expected in a personal care setting. Multiple reports of staff smoking weed, and no push to drug test specific people mentioned. Staff permitted to walk off the job on their shift and contacted by CSM begging to return to the floor. Pay rate for caregivers subpar, with new staff making more money than the minimal staff there for years. Aura of negativity is overwhelming, and understandably so amongst all staff. Turnover rate noted at 100%. If I could leave a zero rating  more... I would.
I could go on...
Pros
Cons
See review
Worse Corporation on the Planet
Dont work here (Former Employee) –  AZJanuary 25, 2019
Nothing this corporation says or does is ethical! I have never seen anything more noncompliant. The review's across the country are horrible. A true testimony to how they treat employees, which ultimately affects the care of the senior residents housed in their ill equipped communities. I wouldn't put my dog in any of their facilities. They care nothing about senior's !!! Why and how does enlivant get away with this..
Wonderful Company
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 25, 2019
While the senior living industry has surely changed in the last 12 years that I have been involved, Enlivant has done a great job adapting to the change and creating a culture centered around their mission, vision, and values. The mission, vision, and values are followed, upheld, and lived out from the chief level down. The company, while large in size, still has a family feel for employees. Enlivant is intentional about building its own bench strength from within, and focuses on leaders developing leaders.

My experience has been great. While there are high expectations and high demands, the company cares for its employees.
Good Company
DIVISIONAL SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  DivisionalJanuary 24, 2019
I have nothing bad to say about Enlivant. It's been a good company. The CEO is personable and caring. Leaders do their best to offer support. Communities and staff are nice and genuinely care about their residents.
No Real Regional Support
Sales (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 23, 2019
Unrealistic goals with no real support from the regional team. They have too many communities in their area and cannot really help nor do they really know what is happening in a community and how difficult it really is. People are allowed to work in a community even when it is not what is best for residents no matter how much they complain. Holding people accountable does not happen which is very sad for residents and employees who actually care.
Pros
The residents
Cons
No regional support, unrealistic goals and not holding people accountable
Marketing
NTX Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company and they gave me so many opportunities to grow in leadership. I would love to work for them again. I was very young in my sales career and my RDSM and RDO were excellent in grooming me to climb the ladder and better myself as a leader within the company.
Too much work, short staffing
Staff (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 19, 2019
Chronic staffing problems, turnover. Staff not anticipatory, but reactive. For profit point system for care and resident charges. Staff working at cross purposes. Poor training
Benefits
Cons
Over worked, under supported
Great Place to Work!
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 14, 2019
I love my job and people I both work for and with. It can range from relax to fast-paced and stressful however that comes with the job. The team members that are currently there are amazing. They work hard and everyone helps each other out. The regional management team is always supportive and does not micro-manage. Great place to be!
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits and Management
Cons

Want to know more about Enlivant?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work or place family members
Med aide (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJanuary 10, 2019
The company hires people that don’t know how to do their jobs. And keep someone just because they have been there 10years that dosent do her job right and is mean to residents and threatens other staff members. They force you to work shift that aren’t your threaten to fire you if you won’t work overnights . Worse place to ever work . The whole enlivant company is about money not resident or staff.
Cons
No breaks, threatened daily
For Profit
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Enlivant operates at the behest of the Real Estate Investment Trust (Sabra) that pulls the strings at the cost of its staff and residents. They will put inappropriate residents in with staff that cannot handle it, be it because of the volume of residents to staff, or residents that need a higher level of care than the staff is trained to do. Everything is motivated by getting the highest census possible with safety and care as an afterthought. Enlivant has proven itself to be incapable of attracting and retaining talented upper management within it's communities. The salaries are relatively low and the expectations are unrealistically high. The ED position seems to be a constantly moving turnstile and I've yet to have one last more than 6 months in the 2 years I have been here. The residents are awesome and unfortunately pay the price for this money hungry, out of touch, corporate machine.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The rest of it.
Lead Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2019
I worked here for over 2 years the company within it self is horrible! Over worked no appreciation For anything u do but word of mouth! Nurseing suck management Sucks! Some no one cares about the workers all the one u to do is pick up shifts they always short and the turn over is Constant!
Pros
Cons
Over worked
Good culture and work environment
Vice President, Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Enlivant is a growing organization in a growing industry. They do a lot of things right, Mission, Vision, Core Values, communication, recognize talent, however the organization still struggles with placing the right people in key leadership positions which hold the company back in many areas,
Pros
Culture, communication
Cons
Lack of leadership in key roles
Family like environment
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHDecember 22, 2018
I’ve been working for this company for 2 1/2 years and plan to continue. Our management team is consistent and fair when dealing with employees & residents. Communication is key to our success and we strive daily to achieve the smiles from the residents.
Pros
Trust. Honesty. Comfort
Cons
Not enough good hearted workers around to hire
Horrible!!
RCP (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 18, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working there we as RCP’s had to rush through care or give no care at all to residents because we had to serve all the residents in dining room, bust tables, clean tables run back and forth to serve food and drink to residents. It was crazy!! In the mist of all that answer bells, do laundry and change linen on bed. A lot of residents were way more work for assisted living get no support from management at all!! It was more like a nursing home then anything else. Company don’t value employees and make us work like dogs..!
Pros
Free lunch!!
Cons
Stressful, get ready to do different jobs in different departments, short staffed, lack of support or change from management.
I enjoy working here
Advanced medication assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 17, 2018
Easy work environment management was layed back and residents was so nice I must say it’s been a pleasure working at enlivant I just honestly need more pay or better pay
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay could be better
New chef at this job
Chef (Current Employee) –  Hayden, IDDecember 16, 2018
After leaving a six figure salary and 30 years in the restaurant business this is the perfect job at the end of my career. Four 10-hour days, 3 days off a week. pays what to be expected in this area. you are left alone to run the kitchen by yourself which may be difficult for inexperienced Cooks but is very refreshing for me. Still challenging but not hard or impossible. Management is always there when you need them but not intrusive. So far so good.
Pros
Great schedule, great benefits. Immediate manager, executive director, is amazing to work with
Cons
Like most places, very tight budget. But challenging and workable
Management not consistant
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 15, 2018
A typical work day would be so stressful. Disrespect from co-workers to which management would turn their head to. There is no team work, it's let's see who can do the least and get away with it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the residents.
Pros
Residents
Corruption/Assisted Killing
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bunkie, LADecember 11, 2018
I was the Maintenance Technician, I was hired by the executive director at the time who was a really great manager to work for. Unfortunately in the meantime the women who also worked under her which was the concierge girl, activity woman, nurse and marketing manager had been plotting to get her fired which they succeeded in doing. They wanted control of the place. They did that easily because the regional management which is a sick joke afforded them to be able to do so. They were all hang out buddies which also gave these four women free reign to do whatever they want even if it is against all work place policies. The rules don't apply to them and they knew it. My job was soon terminated because these women wanted to hire people they wanted to go there and work with them. The elderly residents have also suffered, it is all about the money, they are lied to and made all kinds of promises, when they are moved in permanently they are soon forgotten about. The care that is paid for does not happen and their health deteriorates, then they are also moved out by family members who are not happy with the so called assisted living conditions.
Pros
What pros?!
Cons
The Whole Company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4