Enlivant Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 14, 2019
I love my job and people I both work for and with. It can range from relax to fast-paced and stressful however that comes with the job. The team members that are currently there are amazing. They work hard and everyone helps each other out. The regional management team is always supportive and does not micro-manage. Great place to be!
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits and Management
Cons
Horrible place to work or place family members
Med aide (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJanuary 10, 2019
The company hires people that don’t know how to do their jobs. And keep someone just because they have been there 10years that dosent do her job right and is mean to residents and threatens other staff members. They force you to work shift that aren’t your threaten to fire you if you won’t work overnights . Worse place to ever work . The whole enlivant company is about money not resident or staff.
Cons
No breaks, threatened daily
For Profit
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedarburg, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Enlivant operates at the behest of the Real Estate Investment Trust (Sabra) that pulls the strings at the cost of its staff and residents. They will put inappropriate residents in with staff that cannot handle it, be it because of the volume of residents to staff, or residents that need a higher level of care than the staff is trained to do. Everything is motivated by getting the highest census possible with safety and care as an afterthought. Enlivant has proven itself to be incapable of attracting and retaining talented upper management within it's communities. The salaries are relatively low and the expectations are unrealistically high. The ED position seems to be a constantly moving turnstile and I've yet to have one last more than 6 months in the 2 years I have been here. The residents are awesome and unfortunately pay the price for this money hungry, out of touch, corporate machine.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The rest of it.
Lead Caregiver (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIJanuary 8, 2019
I worked here for over 2 years the company within it self is horrible! Over worked no appreciation For anything u do but word of mouth! Nurseing suck management Sucks! Some no one cares about the workers all the one u to do is pick up shifts they always short and the turn over is Constant!
Pros
Cons
Over worked
Good culture and work environment
Vice President, Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Enlivant is a growing organization in a growing industry. They do a lot of things right, Mission, Vision, Core Values, communication, recognize talent, however the organization still struggles with placing the right people in key leadership positions which hold the company back in many areas,
Pros
Culture, communication
Cons
Lack of leadership in key roles
Family like environment
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHDecember 22, 2018
I’ve been working for this company for 2 1/2 years and plan to continue. Our management team is consistent and fair when dealing with employees & residents. Communication is key to our success and we strive daily to achieve the smiles from the residents.
Pros
Trust. Honesty. Comfort
Cons
Not enough good hearted workers around to hire
Horrible!!
RCP (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 18, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working there we as RCP’s had to rush through care or give no care at all to residents because we had to serve all the residents in dining room, bust tables, clean tables run back and forth to serve food and drink to residents. It was crazy!! In the mist of all that answer bells, do laundry and change linen on bed. A lot of residents were way more work for assisted living get no support from management at all!! It was more like a nursing home then anything else. Company don’t value employees and make us work like dogs..!
Pros
Free lunch!!
Cons
Stressful, get ready to do different jobs in different departments, short staffed, lack of support or change from management.
I enjoy working here
Advanced medication assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 17, 2018
Easy work environment management was layed back and residents was so nice I must say it’s been a pleasure working at enlivant I just honestly need more pay or better pay
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay could be better
New chef at this job
Chef (Current Employee) –  Hayden, IDDecember 16, 2018
After leaving a six figure salary and 30 years in the restaurant business this is the perfect job at the end of my career. Four 10-hour days, 3 days off a week. pays what to be expected in this area. you are left alone to run the kitchen by yourself which may be difficult for inexperienced Cooks but is very refreshing for me. Still challenging but not hard or impossible. Management is always there when you need them but not intrusive. So far so good.
Pros
Great schedule, great benefits. Immediate manager, executive director, is amazing to work with
Cons
Like most places, very tight budget. But challenging and workable
Management not consistant
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEDecember 15, 2018
A typical work day would be so stressful. Disrespect from co-workers to which management would turn their head to. There is no team work, it's let's see who can do the least and get away with it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the residents.
Pros
Residents
Corruption/Assisted Killing
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bunkie, LADecember 11, 2018
I was the Maintenance Technician, I was hired by the executive director at the time who was a really great manager to work for. Unfortunately in the meantime the women who also worked under her which was the concierge girl, activity woman, nurse and marketing manager had been plotting to get her fired which they succeeded in doing. They wanted control of the place. They did that easily because the regional management which is a sick joke afforded them to be able to do so. They were all hang out buddies which also gave these four women free reign to do whatever they want even if it is against all work place policies. The rules don't apply to them and they knew it. My job was soon terminated because these women wanted to hire people they wanted to go there and work with them. The elderly residents have also suffered, it is all about the money, they are lied to and made all kinds of promises, when they are moved in permanently they are soon forgotten about. The care that is paid for does not happen and their health deteriorates, then they are also moved out by family members who are not happy with the so called assisted living conditions.
Pros
What pros?!
Cons
The Whole Company!
Horrible place to work at!
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCDecember 5, 2018
The residents is what keeps this place running. Management shows favoritism and allows bullying. If you are not close to management they will not look out for you.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Exective Director
Perfect working place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 25, 2018
I may have been fired, due to miscommunication. This place is a fairly paying job. i worked in all departments in this building from housekeeping to dinning room. i loved my job more than anything in the world. the employees are fun loving people well most of them i have been not working there for almost 2 years, but i am still welcomed into that building with open arms. they treat me as if i was a part of the work family still i love everyone that works there they are all perfect. and i would glady go back any time.
Pros
free lunch, great work enviroment, super bosses.
A absolute joke
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 17, 2018
They do not follow their own CORE values.
Compassion Humility integrity Excellence Fun
They hire management that could care less about residents and families or staff. push employees who do care out the door! Regional and corporate believe crooked management over entire building of employees when it comes to problems, care concerns, and overall building. they allow management to harass employees and cause hostile enviorments on a daily basis. Allow special employees to cause issues with employees without being written up. They hire new caregivers at interview without checking previous employers. Resulting in high turn over and horrible care of residents. Community was the best in the area and highly recommended until recently, now the place has took a dive to the worst care facility in the area.
That's what happens when you have management that could careless, is only worried about warm or cold body counts. Went from full to 7+ empty rooms in less than two months should tell the company something, but obviously not they are not as smart as they think they are.
Good riddance.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management could careless about residents, families, or staff that cares.
Awful
RCP (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 15, 2018
The ED and Nurse are the worst! Heartless rude lazy & over paid! Nothing about this place is great except the residents. Worst workplace ever! If you like stress being over worked and talked to like trash then go ahead and apply.
Bait and switch
Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
I currently work 70-77 hour weeks. 7 days a week. Managment doesn’t see me or my job or lack of staff as a priority . My lob load gets bigger every week and the expectations out weight my capabilities now due to complete exhaustion. Employees will come in to work , and quit after their first week.

They only thing keeping me holding on is the residents . I can’t stand leaving them with no one to feed them .
Cons
No work life balance, . Poor lower and upper Managment, Poor training for staff, Poor treatment of residents
Horrible unprofessional management. Only thing good was the residents
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 8, 2018
Don’t work for this company so much drama and coworkers that threaten you no punishment for that conworker management would threaten job even if you did nothing wrong. Hires anyone off the street. If I could put 0 stars I would such a place of bullying
Pros
Cons
Everything from management to cooperate
Absolutely love my job
HR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
I've never worked for a better company. I'm proud every day to say that the people who work here do their best to not only serve the residents, but to serve our employees. Proud of this company. There's always room for improvement, but we as a company try to get better every day. Love Enlivant!
Pros
Unlimited PTO, room for growth
Cons
Wish we had better systems.
Shame on you Enlivent...
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WANovember 3, 2018
The residents deserve better... insufficient staffing. Poorly trained personnel. A culture of covering up serious issues. I’m embarassed to say I worked here breifly...
Too old them
Director of Memory Care (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 29, 2018
I was the Director of Memory Care and the lowest paid manager on staff. If fact the job went to someone else and she is being paid more than I was and had less education and less experience with memory care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4