Enloe Medical Center Employee Reviews

An interesting experience
Unit Host (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 10, 2019
I would say its a good first entry level position. It was a great place to work, the environment can sometimes be stressful but everyone worked well as a team. Management was poor. Not everyone was treated equally.
Great place to get ICU (cardiac and neuro)/critical care experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 6, 2019
Great place to get ICU/critical care experience. One drawback to doing clinical hours at Enloe is that students are not allowed to do any charting or accessing medications. Another drawback is the atmosphere; not all the nurses are student-friendly.
Delightful and friendly staff
EPIC Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 12, 2019
My experience at Enloe was one I will never forget. I would not have left if the contract hadn't expired, I would still be there if they would have me. The staff and the people work there as well as in the area are as warm and sunny as the awesome weather there. Thank you for making a Traveling Consultant feel so welcome. ;)
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 9, 2019
Through the 9+ years at Enole I have seen many changes and a lot of them for the better. The patient care is excellent and the coworkers are great as well. The problem I've witnessed personally is how management wont listen to its employees. One department particularly has been asking for 12 hour shifts for years with all but 1 employee wanting the change. The request for the 30 employee department to switch to 12hr shifts has fallen on deaf ears. The employees of that department have gone the extra mile in proving the cost benefit of 12s and the new schedule structure, yet years later no sign of 12hr shifts in sight. The moral of said department is in steep decline and everyone feels 12hr shifts would be a huge moral boost. Besides the poor management in certain departments Enloe is great to its employees although recently it seems the company is running out of money and cutting back on things such as anual caregiver gifts and Christmas bonuses.
Pros
Great cafe
Cons
Second floor, has become a hostile work environment since Gail Cuhna left
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 7, 2019
The turn over rate on second floor is the highest I have witnessed in all my years of employment there due to the hostile work environment. My co-workers have tried numerous times transferring out of that department, but the management writes every one up, using the excuse “at the discretion of management “, so they are unable to leave, ultimately being stuck in a hostile work environment. The current manager made a grave mistake on one co-workers very last write up, and another manager let her transfer as she sited it was a hostile work environment. Had she not made this mistake, she would not have been allowed to transfer and she would have ultimately been fired. She now flourishes in her current department and we receive positive comments from her current manager about how she goes above and beyond what is asked of her. If you are interested in employment at Enloe, because there are great people and benefits, just don’t apply/transfer to second floor. There are truly SO many honest, kind and caring managers elsewhere. I know, as I have worked for them, which is why I have been employed as long as I have. Best of luck in your employment search.
Pros
6% retirement matching benefits/Family health insurance $300 per month
Cons
Second floor manager/some upper management encourage hostile work environment
Productive & Fun Work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 3, 2019
For more than 10 years that I've been working here, I found a family at work. We have a good team work. We manage to help one another especially on a busy shift.
Pros
Free Lunch on special occasions
Cons
Great coworkers, wonderful pay/benefits but horrible Dept manager
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 21, 2019
I worked in DDC as a Medical Assistant and for the most part loved my job. My patients drew me to work everyday and so did my wonderful coworkers. I unfortunately did not feel supported, or think the department was properly managed . It was very hard to focus on staying positive at this job after witnessing situations of lack of coverage, excessive gossip, and poor attitudes at times.. This is not the place for you if you do not work well with being micromanaged. There was many ongoing situations brought up to the managers superiors that nothing positive ever resulted from. All and all besides management it really is a nice office to work in and the doctors are amazing to their staff. Everyone works hard and gives their all to the patients (8/10%) and helps you if you are not sure how to proceed with something. Also, the office has outgrown the building they are in and needs to move to a bigger space to accommodate the number of employees. Enloe as a whole is amazing to work for and I definitely recommend .
Pros
The doctors treat staff great, Enloe values and mission
Cons
management, gossip, not enough office space
Productive and good work environment
Radiation tech (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 21, 2019
As a whole, I enjoyed working at Enloe medical center. Nearly everyday, I was greeted and acknowledged by management. I was constantly told that I was appreciated. I had the tools to do my job. The environment was fun to work in. The culture, in my opinion, is due to great upper management and leadership within the hospital.

The hardest part of my day, was dealing with patients that did not want to help themselves.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the efforts put forward by management to let me know that I was appreciated and that I had what I needed to produce the greatest patient experience that I could.
Pros
Holiday pay on Holidays that most work places don't. Great management and leadership
Cons
Sometimes understaffed in department. Some dated equipment.
Good Company - Bad Dept
Application Analyst - Technical (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 2, 2019
The company is great. But the management and culture of this department is not good. They have had huge growth but did nothing to institute a good culture or to highlight the culture of the company as a whole. Managment are not people people.
Pros
Good befits
Cons
was a good place to work
Medical Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 12, 2019
typical day required tracking filling delivery managing multiple duties at once must have a very strong ability to answer the phones and do other things at once. good computer skills as everything is used through infor
Productive workplace with caring management
Clinic Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Working at Enloe Medical Center was an amazing opportunity. The company helped me achieve goals in school by allowing for flexible hours and reimbursement on tuition and books. Management was wonderful and genuinely cared about the employees and offered great benefits, paid time off and sick leave.
Benefits
Amazing
RN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Enloe Medical Center was an amazing place to work. Patient centered care was of the highest priority. Employee and patient satisfaction scores always faired very well. Excellent pay, benefits as well and long and short term career advancement encouraged at all levels. I loved working at Enloe
Educator (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Long hours and single mom. Rarely saw youngest son. Ran between three locations during the day. Enjoyed my job very much. Had new manager on ECU who I didn’t get along with as we disagreed on reg compliance. We both interpreted refs differently.
Wonderful place to have a career!
Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 30, 2018
I love working here and plan to stay here unless I move out of state. They promote from within and provide a wealth of education assistance. If I stay in northern CA there is no better place to work.
I enjoyed my coworkers and the culture but wanted to grow
Information Services - Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers and the culture but wanted to grow, and felt like the opportunity would not be at Enloe for this. I left to find a better opportunity.
Rewarding work, bad management
Epic Interface Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 25, 2018
Focus is on patient care and how all work effects patients, which is very rewarding.
However, management is very bureaucratic in nature and fear based, i.e. keep you on your toes.
Worked with great people
Perinatal Scrub Technician, Unit Secretary, CNA (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 23, 2018
Very busy fast paced job, had to be ready to go to the operating room and the drop of a dime.
I learned a new skill set of learning how to be an OB surgical tech.
The hardest part of the job was not always being staffed properly.
The most enjoyable was taking care of moms and babies and being a part of an amazing experiance .
Pros
the benefits
Cons
not staffed well
Supportive, positive work place.
FNP-C (Current Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 21, 2018
Excellent Company,
They provide a matching for retirement.
They provide Vacation and sick leave.
They provide educational reimbursement.
They have been flexible with school or family needs for time off.
Pros
great schedule.
Cons
poor planning with implementing EMR
Productive and friendly work place
Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 5, 2018
The staff is very friendly. I learned it doesn't take all day to gain knowledge of the workflow. Management was very willing to make sure I had everything I needed to get the job complete. The workplace culture was diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job was the demeanor of the workers. There were no attitudes. Things were done decent and in order Everyone were willing to learn the new computer system.
Pros
The staff is willing to help one another if needed
Cons
not enough appreciation for the hard work that's achieved
Supportive hard working staff
ACCOUNTING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 16, 2018
The staff was extremely nice and hard working. They were always willing to help me and teach me something new. I would have loved to stay with the company but they did not have room for me.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
no cons