Ennis Care Center Employee Reviews

I love working there
CNA Training (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMay 15, 2019
The 5 stars are well deserved. Everyone is absolutely nice and the care they provide for the residents is amazing and follows guidelines.
Staff is very nice and welcoming, always smiling.
Thanks for this opportunity.
Full Time Nurse
LVN (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Very fast paced. But part of this is because there is not enough help. The pt suffer. They all have dirty fingernails, lack showers, and often have to eat in bed. The aides refuse to feed pt in the dining hall, so nurses are stuck doing that. Weekends are horrible! The DON and ADON are very nice and will work with your schedule. But you will be worked to death. The kitchen is very rude. You never see the administrator. Charts are still on paper. The computer system sucks and the computers are very old. There's a lot of extra charting. This is the best paying facility in the area; but there's a reason why.
Pros
pay, Don, Adon, healthcare
Cons
Horrible parking, lack of CNAs, unorganized
Fast-paced, but rewarding. Good training and treated with respect.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Not the easiest job I've ever had, but one of the most rewarding. I went through their free CNA certification program and the training and mentors are really good, and treated with respect (more than I can say for most my jobs). They pay seems to be higher than other places, hours and shifts are flexible, they treat people right, care about their residents, and benefits are pretty good. May not be for everyone, but I don't mind being on my feet and I love taking care of my people.
Pros
Training, culture, flexible shifts/hours
Cons
Fast-paced, on feet a lot
good staff, administration, family and friends day one friday a month
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXJuly 29, 2017
We have a great DON Sharon Wolfe she has been there for 25+ years and she is a great mind to learn from its stresssful some days but mostly everyone will team up and work together and it makes for a good place to work.
Cons
Health insurance is too high for families
Not a 5-star nursing home as adversities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJuly 14, 2017
The work hours are 6a-2p and 2p-10p. But there was never enough aides or someone was always calling in so you have to work longer hours.
This is not a pleasant place to work. The hours are long and the pay is thankless.

The only thing that I enjoyed was caring for my patients.
Cons
Short Breaks bad pay
Ennis Care Center
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJune 11, 2017
They worked wonderfully with staff members who were furthering their career. They arranged schedules to meet the needs of the staff while also meeting the needs of their residents.
Great workplace and team oriented environment
Assisant Cook (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Productive and always busy would make for the day to fly by. I learned how to be helpful in assisting everyone with our job duties. My co-workers were great and were always willing to help if needed. The hardest part of the job was the early starting hours of the shift. The most enjoyable part was working with great co-workers that were in general great people.
Pros
Discounted lunches, developing patient/work relationships
Cons
Getting up at 4 am for work
great
cna (Former Employee) –  ennis,txNovember 29, 2012
It was a great experience working at Ennis Care Center but then I become introduced to home health care and Hospice