ENSCO, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
People Oriented
Surveillance Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 26, 2018
Very laid back work atmosphere; management was pretty much hands off unless you needed something; Lots of employee functions; Paid training within your specialty!
Pros
Great Pay, Great paid time off
Cons
Out of sight, out of mind...we work at Fort Belvior and seldom took advantage of company functions
Decent work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 14, 2018
Very small shop, however was able to work with top-level data mining , mathematics, and algorithm design engineers as a peer. Good working relationships and good inter-departmental relationships.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Some lack of direction on goals; non-agile shop
Great Place
Associate Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2018
Great Place to learn and grow and room for plenty of opportunities and growth. Contract options allow great exposure to different aspects of the industry.
Staff Software Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 20, 2018
ENSCO subs out engineers to other companies in the area, so you get the opportunity to work on many different things. They are small enough that they do things together as a company that include your family. Nice people and lots of things to do.
Friendly and professional place
On-Call Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 8, 2018
I was only hired as an On-Call Receptionist and now the company is consolidating local facilities and will go with professional security firm for reception as well as security
Pros
nice people
Cons
Demanding job but great pay
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
If you don't have kids the pipeline is a great place to be. One day off a week and hundreds of miles from home were the worst part of it. The pay was great the upper level managers were awesome.
productive and good place to work
Sr. JAVA/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work involves coding, unit testing, performance testing, meeting with the customer, showing the POCs(Proof-Of-Concept) and clarify other developers’s questions. When I interact with the customer the doubts I get & explain to the other developers is what I do.

Work place is very energetic and fun but does have a lot of work load as we are a small team but, did give lot of expertise in nurturing my skills and ability to adapt to stressful environment.
Family Environment
Sr. Windows Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 10, 2017
The work assignment has been challenging but rewarding. I enjoy the diverse work activities and the satisfaction that comes from this duty. We have an opportunity to provide excellent support to our customer and our expertise and experience greatly enhance our customer's ability to accomplish the mission. The operational pace can be intense at times but when you enjoy what you do its easy to adapt to the operational environment.
Great Company to work for
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2017
I have advanced my knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite along with learning how to create Safety Evacuation Plans. My manager is funny and very understanding when it comes to personal affairs. Everyone is so polite and cordial and willing to strike up conversation and help each other out. Overall great community and great people to work with which makes this company one of my favorites I have had the pleasure of working at.
Cons
Commute
Official response from ENSCO, Inc.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for posting this review, I appreciate you taking the time to write it. I’m so glad you have had a positive experience at ENSCO. We encourage a positive, friendly work environment and work hard to create an environment that supports a good work-life balance. I’m delighted to hear you’ve experienced that personally. We’re glad you are a part of the ENSCO team!

ENSCO is a results oriented, customer focused company
Acquisition Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 28, 2017
ENSCO has treated me very well. I left my prior employer to move to ENSCO as they won the follow on contract. I was provided with an increase in salary that I would have gotten had I stayed with my former employer, The increased my leave benefit and provided me with a great office. I'm doing wor way above my pay scale and I enjoy that very much.

In my experience they take care of their people. I (blush) received a STAR Performer award recently. They do recognize excellence and also have dropped some people that weren't cutting it. I have a lot of respect for ENSCO.
Pros
Correctly evaluates team member's performance
Cons
They bid low to win, so the salary isn't that great
Great Organization
Staff Senior Systems Engineer, Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLNovember 24, 2016
While I was at ENSCO the corporate culture was all about fair play with the employees. I enjoyed my time, but our contract ended with the Government and we were not offered additional employment.
Railway Safety Equiptment
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 10, 2016
Wasnt a bad place to work, lack of communications, We built gear to gu under trucks for the purpose to test tarck layout and find problems and in-perfections
software developer (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYNovember 5, 2015
I loved working for this company. Responsive management. Opportunity for advancement. Would love to work for them again
Pros
Felt like part of a big family
Cons
job insecurity - they were a prime vendor of IT services to IBM, Lockheed. When the layoffs start the consultants go out the door first
ENSCO Avionics
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work. Very comfortable environment with extremely helpful coworkers. I would definitely encourage people to work here.
Challenging workplace with some travel opportunities
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 31, 2015
Plenty of opportunity to apply creativity and engineering skills to develop solutions to customer challenges. Most days included time spent on designing components and assemblies in CAD.
Pros
Lunch time training sessions
Loved them
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for and the work/life balance was awesome. Hate I had to move otherwise I'd still be employed there.
Family Orientated Company that believes in Work-Life balance
Associate Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 28, 2015
Great place to work. Family Orientated Company that believes in Work-Life balance. Benefits are par for the course and pay is slightly below average.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Endicott, New YorkJanuary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flex time.
The co-workers are the top engineers.
The number of management staff is light.
Great work environment!
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 20, 2014
What is enjoyable about the job is the occasionally travel and travel experience. You will not be bored at ENSCO. Also, there are several people that have been with the company for more than 30 years! Which tells us that people stay because its a great company to work for!
Pros
Occasionally free lunch! Great Co-workers!
Cons
Occasionally Long days
Great company to start with
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Endicott NYOctober 28, 2014
I started with ENSCO right out college.

The people there were wonderful.

Because of the economy I was laid-off twice.

Almost went back again before getting picked up by a different company.
Pros
flex time, great people
Cons
low pay