Ensemble Health Partners
71Above average

Ensemble Health Partners Employee Reviews

United States179 reviews
Great people
Loved the folks I worked with here more than any other place I worked. The drive from home was just getting too long. Cried when I left, and still keep in contact with many. Wish nothing but the best for this company! Monthly birthday celebrations, condensed scheduling option. A lot of positives. If only they had offered remote work opportunities.
Ensemble saved me & my family
Ensemble saved us; I had lost my job and working a parttime job and not making it. I interviewed with Ensemble and the next day got the phone call and was offered the position. I was so excited as well as my family, I cried I was so happy. I started in the middle of the COVID pandemic, as other companies were furloughing their employees; Ensemble welcomed me with open arms (via Skype). The CEO and the President care about their employees & families. Our President (she is AWESOME) cares and it is not just saying she cares, she shows it, she answers her emails and tells us if we have a problem to call her on her phone. My manager is a very interactive manager, even if she is in a meeting and her IM says she is in a meeting and not to be disturbed; I can personally vouch/say that if you need her she is there and will answer you.
Ensemble saved us by giving me my position, this is not a job but a CAREER. I am able to provide for my family, good food, a nice place to live, provide medical care for my sick/disable spouse. I have joy, peace, a purpose now and most of all it has brought laughter back in my life.

Ensemble was the BRIGHT LIGHT at the end of a very dark and bleak tunnel. My pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

My co-workers really care about you and each other, they have patience and are eager to assist anyone that needs help.

Thank you to my new Ensemble Family, for saving my family and I.
Micromanaging
There is alot of turn around
The pay is low for the job that you do

Always micromanaging. I have had three managers in the past eight months. Short staffed and double the work with deadlines to meet.
Blessed to be part of the Ensemble Difference
This company has changed my viewpoint of what an employer could be in a positive way by showing me that it's clients, community, and people come first, last, and always. This is not only inspiring as a leader, but instills a sense of pride in the career I have chosen and the company that chose me to be a part of their team. The value that is added to you, whether it's purposeful or a simple push to accomplish it on your own is motivating. The gaps I have already discovered from my previous experience to now is substantial and helps support my decision to come work for this amazing company. The faith that my leadership has in me to provide results and take on assignments with little direction is refreshing and has rebuilt lost confidence. I look forward to all of the opportunity Ensemble has to offer in knowledge and experience and I am truly grateful to be a part of the difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Remote Positions, Travel, Education
Cons
None so far
People First, Last, Always
My company stepped up to the plate during the crisis, proud to be a team member of Ensemble Healthcare Partners. I am making a difference. People First, Last, Always
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Hard To Trust The Integrity of the Company
Today I resigned from a company who’s practices went against what was “advertised” during the interview process. Managers create a negative and hostile environment with Gossip and bullying . I was reprimanded for exercising the open door policy. The leaders have a strong inability to appropriately exercise leadership skills. The negative energy leads to a toxic and hostile work environment. You’re constantly on pins and needles and not sure if you’re coming or going. I’ve watched directors , HR, trainers, managers, and supervisors walk out. The opportunities for advancement are primarily based on which leader you’ll be a puppet for. The benefits are horrible. The open door policy is a complete joke. Leadership participates in unethical practices and set a tone in which anything goes. Training is minuscule resulting in you primarily being self taught. Being vocal is looked down upon because they desire people who are defenseless . I made the decision to walk away from this job during and pandemic because id rather stand by my principals than continue to take part in an unhealthy situation for a paycheck. I would recommend this job to no one.
Pros
Nice cubicles
Cons
Management, pay, environment
March 19, 2020
Certainly I won’t fault you for standing by your principles and I am very sorry that you didn’t have a more positive experience at Ensemble, but I want to speak to some of the ways that you have characterized our culture at Ensemble. First, I have maintained a 100% open door since the day I became president. Whether in person or by email (ShareWithShannon@Ensemblehp.com) I always welcome feedback on how we can create a better experience for our associates. This is especially important for situations where an associate may be experiencing difficulty with their leadership. Since being reprimanded for speaking up isn’t something I’ve heard about, I know you did not come to me with your concerns. Conflict happens. There are 5000 people here and I expect there to be challenges from time to time. What I won’t tolerate is leaders who reprimand associates for using their open door. That’s a key reason why the policy goes all the way to the top. You remarked that you have observed people some people walk out. Every company has turnover, but I could not be prouder that our turnover rate is substantially lower than industry benchmarks. And to your remark on advancement, we have a higher internal promotion rate that is 25% higher than benchmark. As to benefits, our benefits are regularly assessed by third parties to ensure that we are offering competitive packages. Our HR team works across every department to ensure our benefits mix represents the best fit for the largest majority of our associates. If you have identified some specific benefit to be lacking I would love - more...
A Great Company
The company is great but the pay is not good so most people work 1-2 jobs in addition to working here. The culture, the leaders, & the PRESIDENT are amazing!
Great Company >Toxic Department
First, let me just start by saying I loved my job as a CSR trainer. It was hard but rewarding because I learned so much about myself during that time. I loved the new hires that I worked with some were more challenging than others but I still found a way to be a support for each individual.

Unfortunately, the reason I decided to leave the company was because of management in that department.

When you are constantly lied to your face and then lied on around others. You begin to have a very disdain taste in your mouth.

I applied for 3-4 leadership positions because I knew I can make a real difference and change the culture in the new hire hub. I had to jump through so many different hoops only to still come out short. It was only then that I started to see peers that I worked with started to move up quicker than I. I would never have a problem with someone moving up only if they deserved it.

Having a manager tell you in front of a group of people saying she relies on you so much and still not be qualified for a leadership position

However, this was never the case it was always about who they felt was easier to manage and less "assertive" and who was willing to be a puppet than a leader. Even though I worked harder, I came up with innovative ideas to help shape the structure of the new hire hub, I would take on more hours, I would act as a supervisor or team leader when the manager was out. Everything I had ever done to show that I was willing to do the work and very much capable was never enough there was always "something" I lacked that made me unqualified
 - more...
Unorganized
full of confusion, arbitrary deadlines, lack of focus, and a general malaise that “this is the way it’s always been done.” new policies or regulations were constantly getting added, and management was never around to help solve problems, these are symptoms of a larger problem stemming from poor leadership and low morale.my boss was always trying to control my every move and felt she was just waiting to pounce on me for messing up. Toxic bosses usually seem unwilling to listen to others and feel as if their way is always the right way. My boss loved wielding her power and showing others that they were charge. she wasnt willing to lend a hand to help in tasks or give me credit for a job well done. They only looked for the bad an never praised the good.
Pros
Cons
To many chiefs not enough indians. Disorganized.
Opportunity to learn, grow, and use all of your training and experience
Fast paced growing company where experienced leaders will have opportunity to utilize all of their skill and training to innovate and enhance services and culture. New and less experienced associates will be surrounded by experienced associates that help them develop professionally.
Pros
amazing atmosphere of learning, collaborating, and growing professionally
Great people
I really like my coworkers. The pay is low for the work you do. Horrible medical benefits, most doctors in the area are out of network. There is a $2500 deductible that has to be met before the insurance even pays. So on top of s low salary that deductible makes it even less.
They say, "our most valuable assets are our team members," but those are just words
They draw you in by saying they care about their associates and that you'll have the opportunity for advancement then work you to death and give you no recognition for your contributions or achievements
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
This is a wonderful company to work for
Leadership help you be successful and give you the tools you need to be successful at your job. They encourage associates to use the tools they give us.
A great place to work and leadership
Ensemble is an excellent place to work if you are willing to learn a lot constantly, adjust to changes, challenges, and more intricacies the healthcare revenue cycle field faces daily. We make a huge difference for clients, patients, and the overall healthcare system in the US. The work goes beyond dollar amounts, patient satisfaction, and improving quality.

The skill sets and career knowledge collectively varies, but if you are willing to train, be coachable, and not afraid to communicate, have an open mind,

There are so many departments in the Revenue Cycle, such as pre/patient access, health information management, revenue integrity, payment integrity, accounts/receivable, customer service, analytics, client delivery, and beyond as well the operations of the sophisticated services Ensemble provides and how they operate such a intricate business. The company has a relatively newer, but evolving highly visible uniquely crafted leader in training program (to groom future leaders in the company), many growth opportunities for promotion, and subject matter experts.

The workplace can be fun with various activities, informational sessions, a creative work environment designed to inspire, leaders who value people, and personality. It is one of the most diverse and vibrant places to work nationally in the revenue cycle aspect of healthcare. We support clients in a wide diverse region all over the US and growing fast.

No typical day is the same. Our large corporate campus in Blue Ash, Ohio is amazing perhaps one of the best office environments in the region and nationally,
 - more...
Pros
Office space, work environment, growth opportunities, fitness, health, wellness, C-Suite and executive leadership, training, variety
Cons
No true cons. Just continue to have a healthy work culture and environment regardless of how big, valuable, and known Ensemble becomes
Its a nice place to work
It's a nice place to work. Nothing to complain about. Some people are nicer than others. I can't wait to move into the new building. Closer to home.
Ensemble is a wonderful company!
I can honestly say that I love this company! It is such a relief to wake up and not dread going to work every day! The department I work in is very supportive and work well together. Leadership is amazing, and really seem to care not only about the bottom line, but also the people working for them.
Pros
Leadership that cares, great benefits, incredible work culture
Cons
I haven't found one yet!
Great concept. --- Poor execution
They sold me on a "dream job" and I bought it. During the interview/hiring process it sounded perfect.... to good to be true and it was. Be very cautious, if you take the job get everything offered to you in writing and save it!!!! Sadly I did not. I did not stick around for the chance of favoritism but you can see it during your onboarding process. Be prepared for self teaching and ok with micromanaging to the extreme. If you're ok with these things jump in!
Uncompetitive pay, poor work/life balance
As an experienced AR Specialist of 14 years at the time, I received entry level pay which did not reflect my level of experience. This company's pay rate for employees with four year degrees and no experience is higher than employees with no degree but years of experience, with the expectation of non-degreed experienced employees training degreed employees with no experience. My direct manager became difficult to work with because she would not allow us to leave unless we spoke with her first to verify if there was more work to be done. This made a work/life balance difficult to have,
Excellent Company
I’ve been with Ensemble Health Partners for a year and the experience has been wonderful. Onboarding, training, leadership and employee satisfaction are top of mind with Ensemble and I am so thankful to work for a company who puts people first, last, always. Client satisfaction and exceeding our goals is a team effort and the thought that every leader puts into helping grow employees and expand our teams is felt throughout.
I am so happy I made the change and joined this wonderful company
No work life balance and company does not care for managers and below
The culture will not be fixed until there is a change at the top of the organization. As the patient access manager it was not long before I realized the turn around rate of supervisors, managers, senior directors regional directors, and VP was extremely high. As a result employees were overly stressed and overworked due to one the high demands every time a new director was hired and two more and more rregistrars abandoned their jobs.
February 5, 2020
I agree, in some cases, change needs to come from the top, but that can only happen if the top gets actionable feedback to work with. I don’t mean to discredit you, but the hard data reflects a very different reality relative to turnover. Our turnover rate of 15% is less than all major benchmarks we track against, including banking & finance (18%), healthcare (20%) and call centers (44%). Also, the results from our internal Speak Up engagement survey reflect an overall engagement score of 79% compared to IBM WorldNorms benchmarking of 74%. Plus over the last year, we have been able to increase our engagement score by 7% showing we put People First, Last, Always. With that said, there are still shifts, as there will be with any company, and those shifts certainly can be disruptive. It looks like you are now a former employee, so those disruptions may have just been over the top for you. I am sorry we lost you. I hope you find success in whatever you pursue.
Low wages and no room for growth.
I have worked here for six months now and I’m starting to wonder if this is really the best place for me. I have worked in health cafe for two years now, but was only offered $14 an hour because of my “experience”. Others who were hired the same time as me with no experience received $15-$17 an hour. This place is backwards and the management is horrible. It’s sad because this could be a really great place but I don’t believe they truly care about being the difference like they say they do
February 5, 2020
Let me start with: 6 months is a short timeframe. For every candidate we hire we turned away 50 applicants. We saw a great fit with you and I believe that’s still there. Please know that the factor that “experience” plays in setting compensation hopes much deeper than number of years. The details of exactly how those years have been spent and the similarity of prior roles to ours make a difference. We look for very specific factors and we go deep when we set our compensation offers. Ensemble’s growth makes it an incredible environment for individuals to grow their careers. What I would encourage you to do is to take affirmative steps to drive your growth. Individuals who do benefit greatly within our walls. We have an internal promotion rate 25% higher than industry benchmark. That could be you! As for caring about being the difference - bringing a real impact to American Healthcare - I will let our industry awards speak to that. We have been consistently recognized as the number one revenue cycle outsourcing services provider. We have 100% client satisfaction and dozens of powerful, meaningful health system leader testimonials.

As for your remarks about management, if you can provide me with something concrete and actionable I will be more than happy to hear from you. ShareWithShannon@EnsembleHP.com
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensemble Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight