ENSERVIO Employee Reviews

Buy-outs killed the fun
Pricing Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 15, 2018
I originally worked for Insurers World which was sold to Enservio, who then started cutting corners and took all the joy out of the office. I left the company to go back to school full time and returned after a year or so because we needed the income. Being hired back to the same job with years of experience in the systems for $5 less an hour and worse benefits was a rude awakening.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Por pay, bad insurance
Love What I Do
Contents Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 23, 2018
Since being employed at Enservio I have been able to apply the 20+ years of Customer Service skills to this position. Being able to work with my schedule is a huge plus since we have 4 kids and always having something going on. I enjoy seeing other parts of the Country but under the circumstances of visiting someone who has potentially lost everything in a fire is probably the hardest part of this job otherwise you get to help people get their stuff back and back to some normalcy once I have collected the data for their Personal Property. Ive learned how to maintain each claim when having multiple and how to stay on top of what the adjusters needs are while continuing to work other claims as well.
Pros
Meet New People on every claim, see different parts of the country
Cons
None.
Full time employment turned into Unknown Black Hole
Personal Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 6, 2018
After training, no hours.
Boss would make me re-do work for free.

Nothing is stable here: very few hours, cold wet environment.
Then long days.

Boss was unstructured and erratic.
Pros
Out in the field
Cons
Out in the field
Worst Company Ever!!!
Service on Site Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 21, 2015
You use your own equipment, your own car, you have to wait over a month to get reimbursed for expenses. The turnover is ridiculous, people are walking out left and right! It is a revolving door. You have to drive long, long hours to a job and they bill the insurance company for your travel time, however, you do not get paid for travel time! They work you full time and keep you part time so they dont have to provide health insurance or any benefits.
Pros
Cons
Worst company ever!
Productive fun workplace,good benefits
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 20, 2015
Productive fun workplace with good benefits. Team, family like environment with pot lucks and corporate outings. The down side is lack of communication with managers and also processes and rules change way too often, so it is hard to stay up to date with how things need to be handled.
Pros
working from home 3 days a week
Cons
lack of communication
Worst Company ever
keep you part time but work you full time so they dont have to pay you benefits. They do not pay travel time yet they get paid for it. With employees it is a revolving door!
Cons
Company with no clear sense of direction
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 1, 2017
Management doesn't heed the advice of employees. There is now little to no opportunity for advancement. The culture is ok. There is a regimented structure in place for learning all the processes, however, these are often changing. Management doesn't set clear guidelines. The business is often fluctuating.
the hardest part of the job
Content Inventory claim specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
must difficult part is the weather changes...working in the cold weather is difficult but doable. i like fall weather its perfect for this job. cant wait to see how the spring be.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
cold weather
PT job/pay, full time work with no benefits
Service On Site Personal Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 24, 2016
Company bills for travel but SOS Specialist is not paid for travel and majority of the jobs require one day travel to and from the work site. Also not paid for admin time once you leave the job site. Reps get paid for 20-25 hours a week, but will work 40 hours. Also required to pay for hotel and car rental while waiting 30 plus days for reimbursement. It's Part Time but on call 24/7.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not paid for travel time, add admin time.
Enservio
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYOctober 19, 2016
I Started in 2014 and have been at Enservio for two years. Enservio is a great company. We work for insurance companies and insured's to recover personal property during a loss.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Full Time Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 16, 2016
Company has great work life balance and good technology and talent, and recently acquired. Starting to become part of the larger organization, which is fantastic!
Pros
work life balance;Talent and Technology
Cons
Vision and Mission
Not a bad job
PERSONAL CONTENTS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 2, 2017
Good pay, fast paced environment. Very good training program. Had plenty of support from my manager. Sometimes the environmental conditions were hard.
Friendly work environment with room for growth
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 2, 2014
Enservio is an exceptional company with a philosophy that is focused on the upside down pyramid style of management and an employee first attitude. Enservio promotes from within and there is a lot of room for growth within the company. It is a relaxed and flexible work environment that but is highly results driven.
Poorly managed company
Sales (Current Employee) –  NeedhamJuly 19, 2015
Services company trying very hard to be a software company with aging products. Management changes the operating procedures again and again with little communication and rationale. Customers are constantly shifted to new people as there is a steady flow of professionals out of Enservio. Salaries are low and only yes-men are promoted.
Pros
Lots of people my age (mid-20s)
Cons
No vision; constantly changing processes
Energetic forward thinking company with a startup atmosphere
Recoverable Depreciation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 7, 2015
My work day entails managing projects and assignments for my team and providing answers to any questions regarding my area of expertise. the afternoons are usually spent responding to emails and phone calls that I received over the course of the day and taking on any of the more complicated projects to handle myself. I tend to average about 8.5 hours a day but will work over that at least one to two times a week.
Working at Enservio has given me great experience, and insight into how to properly manage and deal with large scale projects. I've learned how to speak up for myself and when to properly let my opinions and thoughts on a matter get heard. I feel my greatest strength that I've gained, is my ability to accurately, and eloquently state what needs to be done and allocate the proper steps to the right people in order to make sure projects get completed as quickly as they can.
My co-workers are mostly very hard working and friendly. The the company culture is very small, and open so we all work hard because we know that any slack we create will have to be picked up by someone that we are good friends with. Most people will tend to stay later than their allocated shifts to make sure that they were able to take care of everything they possibly could before leaving.
I am not a particular fan of the management of the company though. They tend to talk about the "upside down pyramid" technique of management which, according to them, means that the lowest worker is the most important, but from my experience, it showed me that it just gave the move responsibilities of work quality
  more... down onto the smallest of workers, while removing themselves of any fault if something was goes wrong. In my opinion, a managers role is to lead and not to ask "what do we do?" from their workers. I appreciate the idea of getting opinions of all the workers, but I feel that it slows decision making to much and creates a strange culture of people passing down responsibility of tough decisions to other people which I find counterproductive.
The most enjoyable part of my work is the flexibility. Although I rarely take them up on it, my job is very open to the idea of working from home. They are also very considerate when it comes to flexibility of work time throughout the day, meaning if I have a doctors appointment, it isn't difficult to leave for a few hours to go to it, so long as I get my work done later in the day.
Pros
very good vacation time and healthcare
Cons
lack of communication among teams
Productive place fun environment
Inventory/Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 22, 2013
Fun place to work at. always food in the kitchen along with a Foosball table haha. Management is always around to talk to with an open door policy. Co-workers are down to earth and right next to you to talk to.
Productive Workplace with Great People
Services, Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 2, 2012
The people at Enservio are some of the best around. Some of my best friends are colleagues from Enservio. I cannot say enough about the environment that is created with so many talented people in one building.
Opportunity to learn the insurance side of jewelry.
Graduate Gemologist (Former Employee) –  Easthampton, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Enservio offered me the opportunity to see and deal with the inner workings of jewelry loss insurance claims.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENSERVIO. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight