Ensign Services Employee Reviews

Cultured environment
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 13, 2018
The Service Center really embodies their core values (CAPLICO) and you can feel it in the work environment and when talking to other employees. Everyone supports each other and is super chill. Leadership listens and discourages hierarchy. They're always thinking of ways to give back, especially to employees outside of the SC. PLUS free food every week.
Pros
Bagel/Donut Fridays, Fun coworkers, Relaxed dress code
No Structure
Resource (Current Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 11, 2018
No structure, no one owns the concerns brought forth, the only response you receive is the company is not "cooperate ". They turn on you on a dime, trust no one. You will never have a home life.
Cons
The enitire company
I. Currently work there doing mds and care plans for the facility. The ed lets me go in on other shifts so I can speak with the night shift. He is ver
MDS AND CARE PLANS (Current Employee) –  Legend oaks northwest Houston'sOctober 9, 2018
Very nice and pleasant to work there. Everyone is very friendly. I plan to stay till I retire
The residents are amazing and come by my office everyday is nice because I don't always remember their names but I'm trying
Pros
Everyone gets along
Cons
Restoration
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TxOctober 1, 2018
Management lies to reel you in and they do NOT help like they tell you they will. They will only help when state is there to make themselves look good. Favoritism towards employees and residents, neglect towards residents, understaffed at ALL times, very stressful place. Insurance is also very expensive
Pros
Some of the nurses and CNA's are great
Cons
Management is horrible
Not all it's cut out to be!
HR (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2018
Feels like they oversell you on the values but those facilities really don't follow them. The culture can be toxic and it's cut-throat. There's evidence of retaliation and poor leadership. The benefits truly are not worth the stress. Questionable decision-making for the residents and it's all about the profit.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, culture, leadership
Very deceitful company to work for
Enviromental Services Director (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 18, 2018
In the time that I have worked there, everyone in management preaches equaltity and strong culture. NEITHER of these two are actually followed through. It's a dictatorship. I never felt safe in my job security. EVERYONE that I worked with in management all the way down to the 'bottom level' is great. You can't ever trust the ED's. They'll tell you one thing and later you'll hear either denial or rejection. I can't stand working here. I've seen a lot of great people move on from this unorganized company.
Pros
Hardly any
Cons
ED's and higher up 'resources' can't be trusted!
Does not pay well/Great work/home life balance.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 12, 2018
Does not pay well but the way I'm treated by management out ways that. As for my job. I love it. Great home life/work balance. DON works with you. Administrator is great.
Pros
Managment is awesome.
Cons
Low paying. Sometimes not treated failrly.
Worst job
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville,TxSeptember 3, 2018
Run don’t walk away from this company , management just walks around doing nothing but on cellphones but constantly talking about employees using theirs,disgusting work environment
"CAPLICO" what a joke
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge Island, WAAugust 26, 2018
Don't drink the Kool-Aid like I did in the beginning. This company does NOT care about employees only about the MONEY. New Administrator is a yes man. Lay offs and Terminating good hard working employees with nothing in their record to hire less experienced staff for a lesser wage. Management has no heart or soul, only care about the money.
Pros
Cons
Bad management. No communication. Ugly building. Employee turn over rate. Run away!!!
Do not work here
Activities Aide (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. There is no structure, the expectations are unclear from the beginning and if you don't meet these expectations you get yelled at and verbally attacked. The activities department is a mess and the manager expects everyone to do things in a way that's convenient for her and her schedule only. The nursing department is breaking different state rules and laws daily and the quality of care for the residents is terrible.
Pros
Cons
unorganized
Management horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ and Mesa, AZAugust 22, 2018
I worked at this place for 3 months. Management terrible. If you ask them a question they do not want to help. After my 3 months were up I transferred to a sister company and they cheated me out of my hours the whole time I was there for 1 month. I am not employed. STAY AWAY FROM ENSIGN!
Pros
Salary decent
Cons
Management does not help you and they cheat you out of your money
Poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 16, 2018
This company plays faviorites and down no look out for their employees. The EDs barely work and push the workload off onto their employees. Run screaming from this Company. You will regret ever coming on board.
Pros
Cons
Poor management that takes advantage of employees
Management was horrible
Cargiver (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 16, 2018
Upper management at the facility I worked at was very bias and did nothing to help any of the workers. It was Miserable working for them and I do not intend on working for this company again. Would never recommend to anyone.
Pros
Residents were great
Cons
Staff was horrible, lunches were short, no free lunches, management was biased
Dont go
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 2, 2018
Terrible management , does not look out for patients best interest , company is more worried about making every penny they can ! They will not have your back what so ever , concerning care technic, brings in patients that literally dont meet rehab criteria, very very sad , stressful and upsetting environment, HR IS TERRIBLE , WORST PART OF THE JOB , HR will walk around texting on cell phone, on personal calls , go shopping and not clock out , we are inappropriate clothing to work ,
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Hr
Exceptional Care for the Elderly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hawarden, IAAugust 2, 2018
Excellent overall nursing and therapy cares. A teamwork approach to delivering top quality cares. All staff that exhibit a true passion for their residents & family members. A great network of resources and support staff to assist along the way.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Some long hours
They Say all the right things, “great culture,” or “employees 1st etc, nothing actually practiced
Full time (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 25, 2018
Managers change often, all stressed out to lose their jobs, ultimately a new one replaces the old one, makes same promises to staff but the only consistency is constant change
Pros
Benefits but expensive
Cons
People are dispensable, employees “come first” how exactly i don’t know
Poor management and favoritism
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Management sits in their office and does nothing to help employees. I would not let any of my loved ones stay here.. not even my dog. Their CAPLICO saying is a complete joke.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not somewhere I would work again
Floorhand/Motorman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2018
Poor breaks, you constantly work the whole 12-16 hours you work in a day. I was thrown to the curb when I had a heat related incident and found out that I didn't have a job there anymore when I was on medical leave from the incident and my insurance sent me a letter stating no more coverage.
Poor management, new nurses beware.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 5, 2018
I worked here as a CNA and it was always short-staffed, and patient care suffered because of it. I came back as an LPN and it was the same. Management is pretty poor. I was a new LPN and at least half of my first few shifts the trainer would show up late or not at all. There are also some risky practices that take place which ended up being the reason I left. I didn't feel comfortable working there as a new nurse at all. The pay is okay.
Pros
Fair pay, as many hours as you want
Cons
Management, risk to license
Poor upper management
Middle managament (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 3, 2018
Very dysfunctional upper management. Insecure and retaliatory. Did not appreciate excellence but felt threatened by it. Divisive and poor communication.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight