Ensign Services
59Below average

Ensign Services Employee Reviews

United States260 reviews
nursing
my time with this company started out great but the longer I was there, the more I realized how flawed and unprofessional they are. There are too many "higher ups" and not enough "workers". When I would go to the DON or ADMIN with a question, neither would know the answer and say they would have to converse with one another. Getting an answer back would literally take 2-3 business days. All the while, they had nice luncheons or caught many times laughing about on their phones. When approached for an answer I would get the usual, "we have been busy one of us will find you by the end of the day".... 3 days later! Favortism is a huge issue within this building as well. Other departments are allowed to over step and tell other departments what or how they should be doing their job, ex: a housekeeper telling a cna or nurse how she would treat a patient/ask if they are they sure this person needs pain meds because she doesn't think so etc. The list could honestly go on for DAYS but I think I have made my point. I do believe some intentions are good but at the end of the day, everyone on staff is more concerned with the money aspect than patient care.
Management doesn't care!! Unless it's about money.
Residents are skilled when they should actually be on Hospice. It's all about their numbers and how much money the Admissions Coordinator can squeeze out of Medicare, whether the care is needed or not. Management turns a blind eye. Friends and family of DON get preferential treatment/ schedules/ bonuses. DON picks and chooses who gets attendance points..agaiththem.fcalling in.
Great company
I love the oil and gas industry, but the craftsman of building is my passion. Looking at the finished product is gradifing for me. I am a steady fast paced worker with an eye for detail, easy to work with, positive attitude and punctual,
great company culture
i enjoyed working there. the company culture is really what makes it. I enjoyed learning about the company and being able to impact the lives of our residents.
Very highschool clique atmosphere
The patient's are amazing overall, but the managers are mostly related and clearly have nepotism towards each other. The DON'S daughter likes to go around saying "my mother, my mother" when she is giving criticism to a department she doesn't even work in. The supplies are always lacking, as is the work ethic of most that are there. The overall atmosphere is sink or swim. This is a decent place to start and learn everything that is wrong in the healthcare system.
Less than thrilled
My experience as a whole in my 90 days here has been less than perfect. I never received an HR orientation, the HR manager left my paperwork (to be filled out while on shift) out where anyone could see for 7 full days and nights before asking about it. The management is apathetic at best. The administrator seems nice but uninformed. There is a very serious morale problem as two residents have reported missing money. I would not recommend working for ensign services
Culture that promotes being accountable and loving one another is unique. There is a level of ingenuity that promotes thinking outside of the box.
You work hard at Ensign and so does everyone else. People come together to make it happen and celebrate. Opportunity is thought of as a means to collaborate.
Es una buena corporación
Estoy iniciando, solo tengo un mes. Me encanta el ambiente de trabajo y la flexibilidad de los horarios.
I love the people we work with and care for. Some of the management try very hard to make it a great place for the residents and staff. Culture is somewhat lacking.
Supportive environment
Great company that values respecting people and advocating for those who cannot. Training was great and I was provided all the resources to do my job well.
Very good place to work!
Everything in life is about what you make of it - this is a great company, with great people. Reading negative reviews makes me think those people didn't have a good work ethic or share company values. You will do well here if you can embrace the core values, work hard and get along well with others.
Pros
Great values, positive work culture, friendly people
Cons
Healthcare and retirement benefits need improvement
Great company to work for.
Good company to work for take pride in there work and employees great pay and benefits willing to train if you desire more experience in any area of this trade
From the recruiting process to on-boarding, you feel very important to this company.
The recruiting process was the most professional experience I have ever had when seeking employment. The interview process was thorough and you felt the time taken with you was very important to the team interviewing. The on-boarding process was well structured to introduce you to many of the team you will be working with and the work assignments you will be performing. This company is a great place to be each and every day.
Under appreciated staff
Managers only look out for each other. Enjoyed the work but not appreciated. Support is rarely offered and overall culture between supervisors and employees is negative
Best Job I ever had
My time at Ensign was amazing. All the work is outdoors in remote locations. It's harsh and unforgiving, but the brotherhood among the hands makes it all worth it. Take the first off-shore opportunity you get!
Flexible and fun workplace!
My manager and team are amazing. We have fun and make sure our work gets done everyday. Co-workers help each other across departments and we all focus on a common goal. There is flexibility in our schedule which is a huge plus and ability to work from home occasionally. There is lots of fun activities that get planned for birthdays, holidays and special occasions. We have potlucks and food is catered in for meetings. Overall a great place to work.
Great team to work with!
From the day I walked into this office I have felt welcome! Everyone is always willing to help and answers any questions - and not just those here in the Tempe office but at other Service Center locations as well as the facilities. I definitely feel the core value of Love One Another every day.

I can honestly say I have learned so much about the industry and grown in my recruiting knowledge over the two years I have been with Ensign. There are constantly new goals and challenges to face, but it is one of the things that I enjoy most about this role. You definitely have to be open to change and willing to adapt to what is given to you to be successful in this company. I look forward to the ever evolving career journey this road will take me on in the years to come.
Pros
Team Environment, Collaboration, Culture
Full of themselves, only good reviews by ownership
This organization is heavily flawed in that they think they are perfect and have the perfect culture. Inability to truly self evaluate leads to serious dysfunction. They are about money and use people. It’s like joining a fraternity or sorority only all the negative aspects of each. When you only accept and bring in those who think like you, you don’t grow. Stay away unless you have time and carreer to waste. Good luck keeping those scores up...
Lacking transparency, nepotism, poor communications, “closed door management”
Very lacking in leadership by example. Employees are kept in the dark about plans for growth, opportunities, etc. No transparency. Too much nepotism among the staff. Some very good team members left with little or no attempt to keep them.
Horrible company. Run while you’re ahead.
Management is biased. We are overworked, and highly underpaid. There is a lot of racial tension as well as nepotism. Management is only concerned about making themselves look good. No overtime is allowed, so you’re forced to work off the clock. And if you go against anything They say, then you’re almost immediately Made the outcast
good enviroment
knowledge of state regulations as need it to maintain healthcare car facility. familiar with medical equipment and repair biohazards despossals and help residents on their basic needs during their time at the the building
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight