Ensign Services Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Poor management and favoritism
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Management sits in their office and does nothing to help employees. I would not let any of my loved ones stay here.. not even my dog. Their CAPLICO saying is a complete joke.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not somewhere I would work again
Floorhand/Motorman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2018
Poor breaks, you constantly work the whole 12-16 hours you work in a day. I was thrown to the curb when I had a heat related incident and found out that I didn't have a job there anymore when I was on medical leave from the incident and my insurance sent me a letter stating no more coverage.
Poor upper management
Middle managament (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 3, 2018
Very dysfunctional upper management. Insecure and retaliatory. Did not appreciate excellence but felt threatened by it. Divisive and poor communication.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Nope
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngtown, AZJune 28, 2018
Horrible management. Liars. Poor ethic and moral values. Only out to benefit themselves. Do not value or appreciate good employees. Place should be shut down due to poor quality of care. Patient to staff ratio is the worst. Constantly under staffed. High turn over of employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Unethical.
Run go work somewhere else
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2018
Nothing good to say about this place. Management is horrible. Dont let the great pay lead you down the wrong path. Lead cna doesnt even do her job, but she is rude and bossy and tell you what to do. I had to leave b4 I caught a case. Dont waste your time. Very unprofessional to work. Seek unemployment some place else
Pros
Good $
Cons
Stress, rude and nasty supervisors, they steal your hours, you work overtime but dont get paid for it.
Good hard work but away from home
Pit Hand (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2018
I really enjoy working for Ensign but as for many people its the time away from home that is tough. The staff are typically fun to work for and have good leadership qualities. I've learned more than i could have imagined out here in the oil/gas field.
Nope
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2018
No. just NO. Used to be a great place to work with amazing family-feel and culture but now it's all about the bottom dollar. Motivation plummets. End of story. See for yourself. Hoping they can turn it around because there are a lot of good people on a sinking ship.
Pros
some care
Cons
some don't
Best rehab team I've worked with in over 20 years
Therapist (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 12, 2018
Nursing tended to have high turnover but therapy was cohesive and worked well through all ups and downs. Work full time, paid well, like manager and coworkers.
Pros
Pay, hours, team members
Cons
Insurance just "OK"
Great company
Wellness Director (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 9, 2018
Great company mission and statement , great leadership, great mentorship, good benefits, great intentions, overall value of their employees are good .
Pros
Employees emergency fund
Cons
Stressful
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 26, 2018
Excellent administrator and Director of. Nursing. Very caring and helpful. Great team of people to work with. I am proud to be part of this team. We are like family.
Pros
Awesome administrator
Don't work for Ensign
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2018
The Worst place that I have ever worked, cut throat, liars, they only look out for each other. They don't care about the residents, turn over is very high because of management. Management also leaves reviews giving 5 stars for everything, which shows if they have to do that, must be a pretty bad place.
Pros
Cons
Working for Ensign
Horrible place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 20, 2018
Over worked, under staffed, under paid. HUGE turn over rate. No advancement, none. No incentive. Over worked, over worked, under paid, under paid. NO advancement.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Poor nursing management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
Casas Adobe rehab has good potential but Unfortunately the director of nursing doesn’t execute discipline fairly and effectively. The LPN adon gets away with poor work productivity and quality of work thereby causing more work for other members of the team and the director of nursing does nothing about it. Almost like she is under the adon as her boss.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Nursing managment
NOT ok to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 16, 2018
crazy bosses, can change schedules without warning you, thats what happened to me and 5 others. No respect to juniors. huge turn around. Their old nurses were fired while training the new ones
bad dont work for this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 4, 2018
the management is bad. the other CNA do not do what needs to be done. The pay is really bad. The nurses treat the CNA's like they do not matter. There is drama.
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
drama, low pay, bad treatment
Workplace culture
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 29, 2018
Culture started out great but went downhill as the company grew. There was also a "boy's club" mentality.

Raises were few and far between and quite low.

There was a failure to hire more people as they company grew so the workload became overwhelming.
Pros
Catered lunch one a month
Cons
Breaks and lunches were often non-existent due to work load.
Great Place to Work!
Social Services Director (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NEApril 24, 2018
I have worked for Ensign for almost 7 years. This company is great to work for, the culture at the Wayne NE facility, Careage Campus of Care and CountryView Assisted Living, is tremendous. People helping others regularly for the benefit of the residents. Typically work 8-9 hours a day, fast paced some days, others more relaxed. Management is responsive to concerns, understanding with emergencies and needing time off, and supportive of their staff. We have fun at work and celebrate successes, most recent our 5 star rating from CMS. We recognize national appreciation days and months to show appreciation to our staff. Everyone helps each other. Many different staff members drive the van, help with activities, and help get people to and from the dining room because they want to, not because they have to. Atmosphere is happy and team oriented. It is a great place to work.
PTA (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 22, 2018
I like working with Ensign because I do not feel so pressured with my productivity as much as I here other companies are requiring of there full time staff.
not what I had in mind.
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
Daily struggle to find help with so many mentally, behaviorally and physically sick patients. Most of the time, no one is addressing their needs. I can't lie about my work, but nobody wants to have it reported to the state, either. Management belittles the staff, and workplace culture is floundering. I liked putting smiles on faces, now I just like to leave this place at the end of the day. I would pass each one of these facilities by, if you want a keeper.
Pros
lots of cake
Cons
lots of staff
I do not recommend this place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 8, 2018
I really don’t recommend this place for someone else. I think people need understand that you do your job as if were taking care loved one. I saw some colleagues treating bad staff and patients. You are not robot, we handle with humans and each person has different needs, then I think that management and staff need to allow the staff to take time with each patient, not just do the job as quickly as possible and move on to the next patient.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight