Ensign Services Employee Reviews

Does not pay well/Great work/home life balance.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  NebraskaSeptember 12, 2018
Does not pay well but the way I'm treated by management out ways that. As for my job. I love it. Great home life/work balance. DON works with you. Administrator is great.
Pros
Managment is awesome.
Cons
Low paying. Sometimes not treated failrly.
Worst job
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville,TxSeptember 3, 2018
Run don’t walk away from this company , management just walks around doing nothing but on cellphones but constantly talking about employees using theirs,disgusting work environment
Do not work here
Activities Aide (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. There is no structure, the expectations are unclear from the beginning and if you don't meet these expectations you get yelled at and verbally attacked. The activities department is a mess and the manager expects everyone to do things in a way that's convenient for her and her schedule only. The nursing department is breaking different state rules and laws daily and the quality of care for the residents is terrible.
Pros
Cons
unorganized
Management horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ and Mesa, AZAugust 22, 2018
I worked at this place for 3 months. Management terrible. If you ask them a question they do not want to help. After my 3 months were up I transferred to a sister company and they cheated me out of my hours the whole time I was there for 1 month. I am not employed. STAY AWAY FROM ENSIGN!
Pros
Salary decent
Cons
Management does not help you and they cheat you out of your money
Poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 16, 2018
This company plays faviorites and down no look out for their employees. The EDs barely work and push the workload off onto their employees. Run screaming from this Company. You will regret ever coming on board.
Pros
Cons
Poor management that takes advantage of employees
Management was horrible
Cargiver (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 16, 2018
Upper management at the facility I worked at was very bias and did nothing to help any of the workers. It was Miserable working for them and I do not intend on working for this company again. Would never recommend to anyone.
Pros
Residents were great
Cons
Staff was horrible, lunches were short, no free lunches, management was biased
Dont go
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 2, 2018
Terrible management , does not look out for patients best interest , company is more worried about making every penny they can ! They will not have your back what so ever , concerning care technic, brings in patients that literally dont meet rehab criteria, very very sad , stressful and upsetting environment, HR IS TERRIBLE , WORST PART OF THE JOB , HR will walk around texting on cell phone, on personal calls , go shopping and not clock out , we are inappropriate clothing to work ,
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Hr
Exceptional Care for the Elderly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hawarden, IAAugust 2, 2018
Excellent overall nursing and therapy cares. A teamwork approach to delivering top quality cares. All staff that exhibit a true passion for their residents & family members. A great network of resources and support staff to assist along the way.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Some long hours
They Say all the right things, “great culture,” or “employees 1st etc, nothing actually practiced
Full time (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 25, 2018
Managers change often, all stressed out to lose their jobs, ultimately a new one replaces the old one, makes same promises to staff but the only consistency is constant change
Pros
Benefits but expensive
Cons
People are dispensable, employees “come first” how exactly i don’t know
Poor management and favoritism
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Management sits in their office and does nothing to help employees. I would not let any of my loved ones stay here.. not even my dog. Their CAPLICO saying is a complete joke.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not somewhere I would work again
Floorhand/Motorman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 15, 2018
Poor breaks, you constantly work the whole 12-16 hours you work in a day. I was thrown to the curb when I had a heat related incident and found out that I didn't have a job there anymore when I was on medical leave from the incident and my insurance sent me a letter stating no more coverage.
Poor management, new nurses beware.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 5, 2018
I worked here as a CNA and it was always short-staffed, and patient care suffered because of it. I came back as an LPN and it was the same. Management is pretty poor. I was a new LPN and at least half of my first few shifts the trainer would show up late or not at all. There are also some risky practices that take place which ended up being the reason I left. I didn't feel comfortable working there as a new nurse at all. The pay is okay.
Pros
Fair pay, as many hours as you want
Cons
Management, risk to license
Poor upper management
Middle managament (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 3, 2018
Very dysfunctional upper management. Insecure and retaliatory. Did not appreciate excellence but felt threatened by it. Divisive and poor communication.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Nope
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngtown, AZJune 28, 2018
Horrible management. Liars. Poor ethic and moral values. Only out to benefit themselves. Do not value or appreciate good employees. Place should be shut down due to poor quality of care. Patient to staff ratio is the worst. Constantly under staffed. High turn over of employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Unethical.
Run go work somewhere else
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 28, 2018
Nothing good to say about this place. Management is horrible. Dont let the great pay lead you down the wrong path. Lead cna doesnt even do her job, but she is rude and bossy and tell you what to do. I had to leave b4 I caught a case. Dont waste your time. Very unprofessional to work. Seek unemployment some place else
Pros
Good $
Cons
Stress, rude and nasty supervisors, they steal your hours, you work overtime but dont get paid for it.
Good hard work but away from home
Pit Hand (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 23, 2018
I really enjoy working for Ensign but as for many people its the time away from home that is tough. The staff are typically fun to work for and have good leadership qualities. I've learned more than i could have imagined out here in the oil/gas field.
Nope
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 15, 2018
No. just NO. Used to be a great place to work with amazing family-feel and culture but now it's all about the bottom dollar. Motivation plummets. End of story. See for yourself. Hoping they can turn it around because there are a lot of good people on a sinking ship.
Pros
some care
Cons
some don't
Best rehab team I've worked with in over 20 years
Therapist (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 12, 2018
Nursing tended to have high turnover but therapy was cohesive and worked well through all ups and downs. Work full time, paid well, like manager and coworkers.
Pros
Pay, hours, team members
Cons
Insurance just "OK"
Great company
Wellness Director (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 9, 2018
Great company mission and statement , great leadership, great mentorship, good benefits, great intentions, overall value of their employees are good .
Pros
Employees emergency fund
Cons
Stressful
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMay 26, 2018
Excellent administrator and Director of. Nursing. Very caring and helpful. Great team of people to work with. I am proud to be part of this team. We are like family.
Pros
Awesome administrator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight