Ensign Services Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Horrible place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 20, 2018
Over worked, under staffed, under paid. HUGE turn over rate. No advancement, none. No incentive. Over worked, over worked, under paid, under paid. NO advancement.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Poor nursing management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
Casas Adobe rehab has good potential but Unfortunately the director of nursing doesn’t execute discipline fairly and effectively. The LPN adon gets away with poor work productivity and quality of work thereby causing more work for other members of the team and the director of nursing does nothing about it. Almost like she is under the adon as her boss.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Nursing managment
bad dont work for this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 4, 2018
the management is bad. the other CNA do not do what needs to be done. The pay is really bad. The nurses treat the CNA's like they do not matter. There is drama.
Pros
works with your schedule
Cons
drama, low pay, bad treatment
Workplace culture
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 29, 2018
Culture started out great but went downhill as the company grew. There was also a "boy's club" mentality.

Raises were few and far between and quite low.

There was a failure to hire more people as they company grew so the workload became overwhelming.
Pros
Catered lunch one a month
Cons
Breaks and lunches were often non-existent due to work load.
Great Place to Work!
Social Services Director (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NEApril 24, 2018
I have worked for Ensign for almost 7 years. This company is great to work for, the culture at the Wayne NE facility, Careage Campus of Care and CountryView Assisted Living, is tremendous. People helping others regularly for the benefit of the residents. Typically work 8-9 hours a day, fast paced some days, others more relaxed. Management is responsive to concerns, understanding with emergencies and needing time off, and supportive of their staff. We have fun at work and celebrate successes, most recent our 5 star rating from CMS. We recognize national appreciation days and months to show appreciation to our staff. Everyone helps each other. Many different staff members drive the van, help with activities, and help get people to and from the dining room because they want to, not because they have to. Atmosphere is happy and team oriented. It is a great place to work.
PTA (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 22, 2018
I like working with Ensign because I do not feel so pressured with my productivity as much as I here other companies are requiring of there full time staff.
not what I had in mind.
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2018
Daily struggle to find help with so many mentally, behaviorally and physically sick patients. Most of the time, no one is addressing their needs. I can't lie about my work, but nobody wants to have it reported to the state, either. Management belittles the staff, and workplace culture is floundering. I liked putting smiles on faces, now I just like to leave this place at the end of the day. I would pass each one of these facilities by, if you want a keeper.
Pros
lots of cake
Cons
lots of staff
I do not recommend this place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 8, 2018
I really don’t recommend this place for someone else. I think people need understand that you do your job as if were taking care loved one. I saw some colleagues treating bad staff and patients. You are not robot, we handle with humans and each person has different needs, then I think that management and staff need to allow the staff to take time with each patient, not just do the job as quickly as possible and move on to the next patient.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
over the years I came in contact with some very nice people who really appreciated my help.
certified (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAApril 3, 2018
Nursing was a good it gave me the opportunity to help others, I felt as if I was giving something back to elderly people and those in need,I always ask myself what if it was me so that drove me to treat others as I would like to be treated.
Not enough staff for patient load.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 2, 2018
All unit manager duties were dumped on floor staff which are already overworked. 24 patients to one nurse and sometimes only one CNA with half 2 max assist and lots of behavior patients. They don't follow their own protocol's, management changes them to their favor verbally but don't back you up. Management there lies, makes things up, and stabs other staff in the back. Knows it's a right to work state so they can get away with it.
No help from management, just belittles staff.
No real training, mostly online CEU's. New nurses lucky to get more than 2 days training.
Very hostile work environment. Can't leave your day shift without all orders completed even if you get them all one hour before shift change. Next shift doesn't have to resume keys or shift till your done with them. It is a 24 hour facility bit not ran like one.
Management has favorites.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lots
Work at your own risk
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 2, 2018
Administration does not care for the residents or the staff. Monies and hrs are missing from pay, there are no annual pay increase only performance reviews. You only see administration when its time for dhec. They tell you what you want to hear to get you out their faces. If you try to report what's going on it only comes back to admin...
Pros
Cons
They tell you good things to get you in
Fast paced work
Caregiver/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 23, 2018
Coworkers and managment do not work well together. Food provided for residents was mediocre. Management plays favorites and will retaliate against workers. Human Resources denies any conflict from their workers.
Pros
Medical experience
Cons
Unfair workplace
Stressful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2018
Too much for less money. There was so much nepotism I couldn't stand it and never worked my time as promised one of the main reasons i left after just month and 2 weeks of working with ensign. They talk CAPLICO but it is a fallacy. Run from ensign whenever there're hiring. They never offer you what they promise during an interview
Pros
Cons
No overtime but you're expected to clockout and finish your work
Terrible work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Burley IdahoMarch 8, 2018
The kitchen is filthy and they don’t follow state regulations. The managers act like friends and everyone talks. It’s like being in high school. They write you up for every single little thing instead of talking to you about it and giving you a verbal warning. Wouldn’t recommend working here!!!!!!!!!
Great culture with people who really care about each other and the patients they care for.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2018
Strong culture- team oriented and collaborative. Nothing is perfect but there is a feeling of mutually working towards a common goal of providing great care and being a great place to work.

Working in this industry is hard- there is a lot of burn-out. However, my experience has been that Ensign recognizes this and is supportive and offers solutions. Values input of employees.

The best part of the job is the feeling that I am making a difference, and that my opinions are valued.
Pros
the people, team approach, core values
Cons
difficult industry
Do not work here
CNA (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 1, 2018
Do not work for these people. They are horrible. Management is manipulative, treat their CNAs like trash. If you try to report an issue that needs to be addressed, they laugh in your face. A lot of favoritism amongst management and floor staff. No one wants to help each other. The beds they have the patients sleep on don't work half the time.
Cons
Fast paced and pleasant environment. Very team oriented and collaborative
Speech Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 25, 2018
Excellent rehab team. Good leadership team that is very collaborative, esp with the rehab team. Nsg care needs work, esp for customer service and post acute nsg care. There was large turn over of nsg staff when facility changed to another company. They still struggle with the caliber of cna and nsg staff. Admissions is improving in the type of patient admitted to meet the rehab nature of the ALL REHAB SKILLED facility. The staffing of positions that become available are usually within facility positions that do not consistently or necessarily meet the standards of the positions. I enjoyed my time in facility as a staff Speech therapist and then as Rehab Director and learned a lot personally and professionally.
Best Hospice compnany
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 15, 2018
I have had the opportunity to work at several different hospice companies in Tucson area and by far this has been the best experience. The caring and compassionate staff makes coming to work enjoyable. Management cares as much about their employees as they do about their patients. They truly embrace the philosophy "We need to take care of our selves in order to take care of our patient."
Pros
Caring family like atmosphere.
Great Employer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Golden Acres - Dallas TexasFebruary 12, 2018
In reviewing the negative reviews listed, they are referring to other building not Golden Acres or they are probably disgruntled former employees. The new management is awesome, the new administrator and new human resources are better than they have ever been. They are doing great things for the staff and word has it that Golden Acres for the first time is the running for the ENSIGN FLAG which is the highest award that can be received. This is why I am staying with Golden Acres!!
Pros
New Administrator, new human resources, and great management team.
Cons
Could you more GREAT CNA.
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2018
This company does not value their employees as they pretend to do. Very poor regional management and dishonest company. Do not work for Ensign if you care at all about job security.
Cons
Cut throat company. Quick to fire people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight