Ensign Services Employee Reviews

They dont care for employees or residents that live there
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CANovember 21, 2018
You are expected to do a lot with the little they give and pay you. Management never takes you seriously when asked for a raise or advancement, they would say they would get back to you. The managers play favorites. The best employees were treated horribly while the worst got away with everything. Residents were fed the worst food, soups were usually left overs from the night before and that mornings cream of wheat. Short staffed pretty much every day. Made to work 6 days out of the week for most of the year. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and having to let down the residents everyday when certain things weren't available.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Nice place to work ,needs adjustment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 3, 2018
Years ago when owned by a different company it was great cnas meds nurses were appreciated more they had luncheons for holiday's a little something was given to them they had a firm hand and didn't tolerate tardies or call ins after 3 you were let go there was no talking back to charge nurses there was a bit more respect and if you worked on days off or extra you got something it can be like that again if this company would be firm fair and if everyone worked together we all deserve good pay a good place to work and show respect to one another how we look feel act and talk residents see it all and they are the reason we are here Adon Don you have to do for your cnas nurses meds in order to keep them and keep them happy I garntee it'll be a better place to be this is not just a job its a calling there's good and bad in all of us we can make it so much better here's to better days
Pros
Benefits, nice place
Cons
Short, under paid, no incentives, no praises
Not all it's cut out to be!
HR (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2018
Feels like they oversell you on the values but those facilities really don't follow them. The culture can be toxic and it's cut-throat. There's evidence of retaliation and poor leadership. The benefits truly are not worth the stress. Questionable decision-making for the residents and it's all about the profit.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, culture, leadership
Management horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ and Mesa, AZAugust 22, 2018
I worked at this place for 3 months. Management terrible. If you ask them a question they do not want to help. After my 3 months were up I transferred to a sister company and they cheated me out of my hours the whole time I was there for 1 month. I am not employed. STAY AWAY FROM ENSIGN!
Pros
Salary decent
Cons
Management does not help you and they cheat you out of your money
Unethical and unprofessional
NO ONE IMPORTANT, OBVIOUSLY (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJanuary 8, 2019
I was very excited to be a part of what I thought was a great team. Boy was I wrong. Ensign as a company appears to be very solid and has a great vision. The problem is the Kansas market. These people have no clue what they are doing. They preached CAPLICO from day 1, yet they themselves have no idea what it means. They say the culture of the company is the most important piece of Ensign, but it is more like a cult. There is no culture to their environment. The ED in Kansas is a snake and a liar. They pride themselves on sneaky blind sides, back stabbing, scheming, and being money hungry. They don't care about the resident we take care of. It is all about the mighty dollar. Everything encompasses money. This is healthcare!!! It is expensive. They offer NO support for staff when requested, yet they are quick to hand out disciplinary action. They huddle in offices and spend all day in meetings. This is why the Kansas market has no clue what they are doing. Get your butt on the floor where the action is happening and learn something. That is what makes you a good leader and successful! Just so I am being very transparent...if the EDs want to be good leaders, go get your CNA! Try doing the hard work for a change and then maybe your Kansas market will improve. I would stay away from Ensign in the state of Kansas. Your employment will be short lived and miserable.
Pros
Salary, residents, colleagues
Cons
Everything about the Ensign staff that infiltrated our facility.
They Say all the right things, “great culture,” or “employees 1st etc, nothing actually practiced
Full time (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 25, 2018
Managers change often, all stressed out to lose their jobs, ultimately a new one replaces the old one, makes same promises to staff but the only consistency is constant change
Pros
Benefits but expensive
Cons
People are dispensable, employees “come first” how exactly i don’t know
Very deceitful company to work for
Enviromental Services Director (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 18, 2018
In the time that I have worked there, everyone in management preaches equaltity and strong culture. NEITHER of these two are actually followed through. It's a dictatorship. I never felt safe in my job security. EVERYONE that I worked with in management all the way down to the 'bottom level' is great. You can't ever trust the ED's. They'll tell you one thing and later you'll hear either denial or rejection. I can't stand working here. I've seen a lot of great people move on from this unorganized company.
Pros
Hardly any
Cons
ED's and higher up 'resources' can't be trusted!
Workplace culture
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 29, 2018
Culture started out great but went downhill as the company grew. There was also a "boy's club" mentality.

Raises were few and far between and quite low.

There was a failure to hire more people as they company grew so the workload became overwhelming.
Pros
Catered lunch one a month
Cons
Breaks and lunches were often non-existent due to work load.
The moat horrible place I have ever worked
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 13, 2018
They fake the culture and sabotage your efforts if you do not fit in the "in crowd". The pay is insultingly low and there is no way to EVER get a annual raise as it is based on goals set that are meant to be attainable. Part of the culture is to master how to get employees to work more and work harder for no more pay. It is cult like at management level..following certain rules and pushing certain agendas. Blatant favoritism and discrimination as they are owned by white morman men. Always made to feel less then and excluded when important information was circulating. Not given the training and tools needed to succeed. Unethical ED who can not be trusted!
Over worked Salary employees
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Yes they will put you on salary and your life is pretty much all theirs. Poor support you ask for help and they wont. They bring in their consultant and they are just on facebook instead of helping you out. Gave all my effort to this company long hours and even lost time with my own family at the end of the day I didnt do enough. Notice how most positive reviews are from directors or administrators. You will never be able to take a day off and if you do be prepared no one will fill in. If they put in a resource be prepared to expect a halfass job why because its all yours to deal with when you come back. Emails all day starting at 5am and ending at 11pm. Be prepared they expect you to dropp it all and answer. Most stressful sickening job.
Pros
Cons
No help, no coverage, over worked.
Poor support
RN (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 21, 2018
Working for this company was a nightmare. Management micromanages. The job training was very poor and then I spent the next few months being criticized for the mistakes I was making.. It is very cult-like. You better fit into their culture or you will be an outsider. Expectations are unrealistic as far as productivity. All they care about is money. Benefits are very poor. Expect to work long hours. No support for field staff. They don't listen to you and your suggestions. Processes for getting things done are not efficient. Charting is done on an android phone.
Pros
Some great peers/co-workers
Cons
Poor pay, hours, benefits, balance of life/work.
This company is a joke they only care about the bottom line MONEY...
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 26, 2018
I worked here for 2 yrs co workers were great Most upper management terrible sit in there office. The Administrator rarely comes out of his office never speaks to his staff unless he has to or your part of the management team. You don't get words of encouragement ,They say its employees first so not true.Its all about the money .I left of my own free will .I was not mad or angry just could not watch the disrespect for fellow co workers.Its a very busy health center with amazing bunch of aides and nurses who are over worked. The health insurance is terrible very high deductibles. And expensive.
Pros
Pay .excellent co workers
Cons
Disrespectful managment.
Great company
Wellness Director (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 9, 2018
Great company mission and statement , great leadership, great mentorship, good benefits, great intentions, overall value of their employees are good .
Pros
Employees emergency fund
Cons
Stressful
Lies all around
Manager (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 10, 2019
They seek out and recruit their management staff pulling them from jobs that are solid and loved with lies about how they are different and better. They preach transparency, but then when you practice transparency it is a problem. They even hide important information until someone finds out then try to lie their way out of the cover up. They preach teamwork, yet the department heads are coddled and left in the dark. They preach accountability, but then they don't want you to hold others accountable. They talk about the awesome support you get from resources and other facilities, yet when you cry out for help no one comes or those that do can't help. They are all about the financials even at the expense of resident safety and well-being. One of their sayings is customer second, somewhat true, but the staff are not put first. Compassion is another part of CAPLICO, but there really is none. Love one another as long as you benefit from it not because it is the right thing to do. They use you to get what they want and then toss you aside once they get it.
Pros
Some good staff there
Cons
Their mission and values are just lies.
Management is terrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Management is terrible. High turnover with administrators, no respect or appreciation for staff, management does not back you up. Lazy staff gets away with safety hazards. No advancement. Management only cares about the money in their pocket.
Pros
Patients were fun
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, overworked, underpaid
Absolutely Horrific Place to Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJanuary 16, 2019
This company speaks of "culture" often, but really on the inside, it is cut-throat & horrific, management is cruel with some nice condescending smiles and niceties on the surface.

There are far too many patients to Caregivers for anyone to give good quality, safe or ethical care that they deserve, working there takes something away from you as a caregiver.
Bad Management
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 4, 2018
High turnover rate and bad reputation. Unable to repair relationships with other facilities. Low moral. Management plays favorites. No job security.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Horrible management.
Ensign is company that cares about its employees
Recruitment Resource (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2017
Working for Ensign has been a wonderful experience so far. The company's culture really sets it apart from the competitors. One part of our culture is "Customers Second". Ensign puts its employees first by promoting support, teamwork, and guidance so that its employees are able to provide the patients and their families with the best care possible. I have personally experienced this support from my team, managers, and coworkers on a daily basis. As with most positions in healthcare the work is challenging but extremely reward. I am grateful to be a part of such a wonderful group.
Pros
Coworkers, culture, management, benefits
Exceptional Care for the Elderly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hawarden, IAAugust 2, 2018
Excellent overall nursing and therapy cares. A teamwork approach to delivering top quality cares. All staff that exhibit a true passion for their residents & family members. A great network of resources and support staff to assist along the way.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Some long hours
Terrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TxOctober 1, 2018
Management lies to reel you in and they do NOT help like they tell you they will. They will only help when state is there to make themselves look good. Favoritism towards employees and residents, neglect towards residents, understaffed at ALL times, very stressful place. Insurance is also very expensive
Pros
Some of the nurses and CNA's are great
Cons
Management is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight