Ensign Therapy Employee Reviews

Pure talk
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 3, 2018
Bought out former company and had dreams of grandeur. 3 years later still a 1 star facility. Management talk a good game but they do not follow " company policy" unless big wigs or state is present. "Good to great" does not apply here. Not willing to pay for quality staff, train or keep accountable new staff and no commitment to staff. They are quick to get rid of anyone who questions their methods no matter how bad. Management (in Chandler) is there because he has connections and has no skill or respect of his staff.
Cons
Does not care about staff or patients
Lots of positive talk, absolutely no action. Worst company I've ever worked with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 18, 2017
At my facility they speak very positively, but it's all talk. The place is absolutely filthy, yet they speak so glowingly about the facility. Since Ensign took over hospitals have basically stopped sending patient's, only a trickle. They hear complaints from patient's, because ultimately patient's are the ones suffering. Management takes no responsibility for what they do. They're corporate ethos has "Customer second"....in health care?
Pros
Cons
Poor management, benefits including time off are terrible
Best place I've worked, great therapy teams!!!
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 8, 2016
I have worked in two consecutive rehab facilities (Hurricane Rehab and Coral Desert Rehab) and have loved everyone I have worked with.
My managers actually listen to me and take action for making things better. That has been a novel thing for me compared to other places. Working in healthcare can be stressful but my managers work hard to make it fun and enjoyable.
I have a lot of support for continuing education and to get training in any special interest area that I want. As a therapist it is nice to be given a lot of support to be able to focus on what I'm good at and enjoy- treating patients.
I love the in-house approach having therapy and nursing employed by the same company so that there is no "us vs. them" attitudes. We all are on the same team for advocating for the patient's care and improvement.
I enjoy working with a therapy team who is collaborative and creative for results and clinically focused.
Pros
Work environment, company values.
Cons
Benefits could be better but seem to be on par with everyone else nowadays.
great way to gain experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2016
I love working with the people I do at Heritage Court! they make it fun and willing to help each other out. Have learned a lot from that facility and Osborn Rehab.
Pros
good therapy staff
Cons
lack of communication from other departments
Opportunities for all!
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 23, 2016
I have been in the rehab field for 18 years now and my last 8 years have been with Ensign therapy.
I am drawn to the values this company follows and the genuine love for the employees. I have been encouraged to grow as an individual as well as a professional moving into a management position 3 years after being with Ensign.
If you seek a company that will hold its self to ethical practices, creating a strong culture for staff for growth and progress and a team that loves to come to work everyday, this is the place for you!
Quality Care and Team Atmosphere
Rehab Director (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 23, 2016
Ensign Therapy embodies the principles and culture that made us all become therapists! The patient's needs come first and the entire building works together to make sure these needs are met. Ensign celebrates their employees and makes sure everyone knows what a valuable team member they are. I have worked in many SNFs during my career and have never had as positive of an experience as at Ensign Willow Bend!
Pros
Awesome therapy team
Where therapy are treated like rock stars
Occuational therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 23, 2016
I have nearly 20 years experience in OT and this is the 8th and final company I will work for because there is nothing better out there in LTC for therapists. It is the first time I feel I and the patient decide how many minutes they get, how long they need therapy, all other companies have a remote person telling you how many minutes to get without seeing the patient. Therapists are regularly recognized for outstanding performances. We have a culture that fosters "doing the right thing for the right reasons". Within our mission is love one another and customer second. To me this means we take good care of our patients because the company is taking care of us and we help each other be the very best we can be. There are opportunities to move within the company. I just moved to a new state and was welcomed with open arms to a sister facility. Before you look any where else, give Ensign a spin!
Pros
A chance to show your best
Cons
Can't honestly think of one, except I do have to show up everyday!
Fun and Excellent Team atmosphere
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 22, 2016
I'm so happy to be part of an amazing Ensign therapy team. Everyone is super friendly and easy going, yet provide a ton of support from top to bottom. The environment in the entire facility is one of teamwork. We all support each other to bring out the best in each other which produces positive patient/resident care/outcomes.
Pros
So much cake!
Cons
So much cake!!!
Excellent Company with an Amazing Culture!
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 22, 2016
I have been working as an Ensign employee as a Director of Rehabilitation for the last 3 years. Before that I was working as a treating therapist. I had a short two year time away from the company and during that time I was always actively seeking an opportunity to return to the culture that I left. One of my favorite things about Ensign is that each facility is unique. Each team shares the same core values, but has a different culture. This culture is based on the employees that work there and the needs that the local community has. We don't give the community what we think they need but rather give what they really want and need in a skilled nursing facility. All of our core values are essential to our success and they are Customer Second, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Celebration, and Ownership. Every employee in every facility has a pivotal role in our success in each facility and their opinions matter. All of us in Skilled Nursing do what we do for the love of each resident. Ensign goes a step further by focusing on their employees with an understanding that if the employees are happy then they will provide the very best care in the industry. I truly love my job! Even with stresses of skilled nursing/rehab life, the company allows me to celebrate our successes with my therapy staff and enjoy time together away from our patient care. We truly have a family like culture in our rehab team and wouldn't trade them for the world. Another huge bonus to being part of Ensign is that we have an anti-corporate model that does not  more... send in regional corporate people to tell our facility how things are supposed to be done. Instead we have an amazing clinical and rehab resource team that is there to answer our questions and give us the support we need. No huge pressure for productivity or RUG levels. Each therapist is given the support and training they need to carryout their position well. AND we all love new grads! Part of our culture is rich with students completing internships in our facilities and many of those students come back to work us after graduation. Overall, Ensign in an amazing company that any therapist would be happy to work with. We have amazing leaders to look up to and learn from. I personally have set aside my desire to operate a private practice to focus on my role as a DOR because Ensign is just that great! I wish you luck in your endeavors for seeking employment and highly encourage you to at least interview with one or more our rehab teams!  less
Pros
Fantastic culture, competitive pay, fun environment
Cons
None that I can think of
Great company that enjoys their therapists and treats everyone like family
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  The Heathcare Resort of WacoAugust 22, 2016
Ensign takes the time to celebrate the therapist that they employ. They give the therapist the autonomy to treat and set up a individualized POC for each of their patients. It is good to work with a group of highly skilled therapist in an environment that promotes quality care. The facility in Waco is beautiful and everyone that works here is a joy to work around. Best job in central Texas for a therapist to have.
Pros
Good happy people to work with, Discount at the resturant in the building
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Overall I love working for Ensign at Granite Creek. They are very supportive and I feel valued as an employee.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 22, 2016
I have worked at Granite creek for 2 years. I feel that the management team listen to all employees and are always trying to improve the facility. I love my co-workers and everyone is flexible with getting days off as needed. They do fun meetings 1x a month with prizes. I feel valued as an employee and look forward to going to work daily. I am proud to say I work for Ensign at Granite Creek.
Pros
flexible with days off, supportive coworkers and managers
Cons
only get 6 sick days.
Culture Makes All the Difference
Therapy Resource (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2016
After over 10 years with this organization, I don't even know what it would take to get me anywhere else. I have never had so much opportunity to contribute, to be a part of making something amazing, and to have the commitment of those who would try and remove any obstacle for me if it meant we'd accomplish great things.

Health care can be challenging as a business - it takes the right sort of people to understand the value of human currency, and internalize that clinical excellence is an engine. It's the culture that remembers every minute of every day that we take care of people...always first and foremost - we take care of people...that makes the difference. If every choice makes us better there, then success is inevitable.

Ensign culture allows those who do the serious and life-changing work of taking care of our patients to have the loudest voice and the most important vote. I felt this as a therapist, as a rehab director and in an organization-wide support role.
Pros
Freedom to build and create great things
Cons
Lean management structure
Ethical employer with great culture!
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
I've worked as an OT for a few different SNF therapy companies during the last several years and Ensign Therapy is by far the best. They are very ethical and have a strong commitment to compliance. I never worry that I will be asked to do something I don't feel comfortable doing. They have a strong commitment to providing great therapy services and giving their clinicians the education and support to do this. They really take care of their employees! I feel like my supervisors really care about me and support me. I would highly recommend Ensign Therapy to any therapist who is looking for a fantastic place to work!
Pros
ethical, value employees, value education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.