Entercom Communications Corp.
65Average

Entercom Communications Corp. Employee Reviews

United States183 reviews
It's definitely a fun place to work.
Radio is a fun, fast paced and collaborative industry to work in. If you're a forward thinker and problem solver, you'll excel. I've had some of my most memorable experiences working in radio.
Extremely enjoyable, challenging and rewarding environment.
Perhaps the most enjoyable thing about Entercom is that no two days are alike. Each day presented new challenges and new opportunities to learn. There is nothing quite like it.
Not Great
Messy management, overcomplication of every process, lackluster training. Some good people at the company of course, but very little reward and meaning behind the work. Most non-commission employees are not paid well and rarely receive increases based on performance. Just not a great place to work.
Exciting Company
Exciting company with fantastic radio stations and digital properties. 2nd largest radio company in US with 250+ radio stations, amazing podcasts and streaming services.
Fun place and excellent co-workers!!!
I enjoyed working at Entercom, but knew they'd never hire me full-time because they have a lot of college students who work as interns and they are not paid. Saves the company a lot of money. I stayed as long as I did for one reason, I loved my co-workers and still do!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Quality Company
I enjoyed working at Entercom. Considering that it's one of the leading radio corporations in the nation, it should be a coveted company for all radio professionals.
Great opportunities to connect and meet people, but poor management.
I loved working here in the beginning. The actual work is very fun, and working in radio overall is very creative and fun. There are so many different personalities and styles that really make it a great environment. Management was not great, though. There is almost no chance to ever evolve in this company. It's a great internship, or short term job. It was an experience I still cherish, but I would have liked to learn more and be seen as someone with potential to grow and make the company better. Instead, it was very limiting, and one can only stay in that kind of position for so long.
Pros
great people, flexible work environment, great music.
Cons
management sees you as expendable, no way to advance in company, morale dulls quickly.
Outstanding culture
The management is wonderful. Lots of industry changes but management communicates well with staff during the changes. Leadership is one of the best I've ever worked with.
Fun part-time job
Very fun and different experiences each day, new locations and meeting new people was fun. Hours were flexible and at your own discretion, learned a lot about promotions for different radio stations, all radio DJs were a ton of fun to be around
Radio is dying off and there are unknown changes daily. Most lower level employees work in fear of losing their jobs.
There is a revolving door in the radio industry. Leadership does not always make the best decisions. They do enough to cover themselves, but don’t necessarily make employees feel appreciated.
Great Co-Workers, Okay Culture, Tragic Pay
Entercom Norfolk can be a fun and exciting place to work. You'll get the best experience if you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Unfortunately, I saw the ugly side of the corporate world, complete with biases, unfair pay, and no shortage of drama. I certainly don't want to trash the company because the employee-created culture was phenomenal, and for the most part, workdays were fun and went by quickly. I made lifelong friends during my time there. However, it's sad to see so many awful practices from management ruining what could have been a lifetime career decision for all of the extremely talented and brilliant friends I've made -- who no longer work there.

Best Experience: Being advance 3 times in 2.5 years

Worst Experience: Constantly being "tested" and being advanced twice without a pay increase
Pros
awesome co-workers, frequent free food, flexibility in hours, work-life balance
Cons
inconsistencies in company structure, advancement without pay
They emailed me to let me know software had replaced me
Not only that, but multiple people knew that automation was coming. A simple heads up would have been nice. It would have given people time to look for something or to prepare.

So none of us were on the schedule...instead, replaced by "Auto." They wouldn't even properly let us go because then they would have to pay unemployment. So instead, they keep you on the payroll and say that if they ever need a human they'll call you in. Yeah...not exactly legal. You can't keep someone on the payroll without working. My lawyer said it wasn't worth fighting.

People who had been there for over 10 years were let go in an email. Just like that. Automation made sense for our jobs there...it really did. But the way it was handled was horrible.
great products
This company has great products. Good people. Supportive most of the time, very team oriented and management does their best to encourage people to do their best
Large company with talented programmers
Entercom has a huge stable of talented programmers and DJ's. If you work hard for them, there is opportunity to advance. They work hard and play hard!
The good thing it was that I was doing what I love to do SELL
The only problem that I had, it was that neither my family nor I wanted to settle in Greenville SC, I though when I took the position, live style was a little bit similar as Florida, but I was wrong and I decided to quit and moved back to Miami
Fun worklace
I really enjoyed working for this company if it wasn't for budget cuts I did see myself growing within the company. The workplace culture was very versatile. Overall, everyone is super nice!
Pros
Awesome perks
Cons
Too far
Don’t Work Here In Sales If You Want To Make Money
The worst run radio group in the market. Toxic work environment. Favoritism, nepotism, sexism all run rampant. All but 5 or 6 out of 30 sales people are unhappy. The top 6 sales people have been provided quotas that allow them to achieve. 6 month non-compete with a compensation plan that won’t allow success for all the rest. A good seller can bill good numbers but a quota comp plan won’t allow you to make money. Your highest billing months pay you less money than you’ll ever make in radio sales Managers are in constant fear for their jobs making them ineffective. The company regional director could care less about people or concerns. That is the same with the top execs
Amazing place to work
Radio professionalism at its best. Experienced co-workers and environment is amazing. Entercom is a great family environment with a lot of opportunity
Awesome Culture
Entercom always had fun parties, artists coming in, etc... but the pay was absolutely horrible. So for a person just starting a career, it's great because you get great experience and AWESOME perks (concerts, meeting artists, parties, etc..).. but you won't feel super valued, and if you do, you won't get compensated properly for it. Management is very stressed out and that trickles down. They give a TON of freedom to (if you're actually doing your job) so that's nice. I absolutely loved Entercom, just wished it paid more.
Focused on downsizing and cost-cutting
At one time, Entercom was an incredible company and REALLY focused on, and cared about, its people. Those days have passed, as new management has taken over the company from CBS Radio. Those managers have changed Entercom from the inside, and unfortunately, not for the better.
Opportunity to continue my experience level working with Major transactional Advertising agency accounts.
Account Stewardship and account development.
The radio side of advertising

Supportive

Client rejection

Meeting with clients to assess their needs and then design advertising campaigns to meet those needs to drive foot traffic and results.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entercom Communications Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9