Entergy Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 15, 2019
Great Work Environment. Everyone is very friendly and people are always willing to help. There is a lot of room for advancement here. Would recommend working here.
Disorganized work place
Senior I&C Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSFebruary 7, 2019
Majority of supervisors change often and provide little oversight or guidance. Unable to advance because there were few qualified and competent engineers in the organization - therefore I was stuck as the only qualified engineer.
Electrical Engineering
Electrical Design/Procurement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSJanuary 29, 2019
Served as an Electrical Engineer for 3 years. The hours are full of opportunity to learn about Nuclear protocol activities. The plant is in a remote location which is good for overall safety to the community.
Great Place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 21, 2019
I absolutely love working at Entergy, I love the company, I love the people & I would love to work at Entergy full time. No positions have opened up in West Monroe that I am qualified for, so I will keep watching...
nice working there
light company - Teller (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2019
a good job to work at. would help the customers with question of the bills and being a bilingal speak spanish. and english also get payments cash handling
High energy - sometimes stressfull
Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 20, 2019
For Entergy positions at Nuclear Power Plant plants, expect times of high stress (planned and unplanned plant outages), technically knowledgeable staff and management.
Pros
Good pay, opportunities to move up in the organization
Cons
Frequent off hour calls
Job security until layoff time
Human Resources Associate, Senior (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2019
Great job and benefits and felt I was secure to retire until layoffs. Great health insurance. Pay wasn't much to complain about. Advancement within the department was difficult. Overall, I was happy
Great pay but with shift work as a downside
Licensed Reactor Operator, Arkansas Nuclear One (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 6, 2019
Great pay for the kind of person that likes to work with their hands and doesn't mind overtime. work/life balance does become challenging due to the shiftwork.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
shiftwork
Fair rating
Nuclear Reactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Killona, LAJanuary 4, 2019
Great job if you like shift work...pay is very good but quality of life very low. It's your typical nuclear job filled with red tape and over the top job requirments.
Pros
Money
Cons
Quality of life
Compensation
IT Deployment Specialist (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Compensation-wise, it is a good place to work. Management and organization not so good. I am a contractor so I don't know much about the path to promotion.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management
Great company with great opportunities for advancement.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARDecember 21, 2018
Entergy is a great company to work for. I am very grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately it does not provide services in the Dallas area, and that's where I chose to reside.
My Career at Entergy
Human Resource Representative II (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LouisianaDecember 18, 2018
I started as a secretary with Entergy and have advanced in my career through Educational and Development Opportunities. I would highly recommend working for this company
Never worked for entergy
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 17, 2018
never worked for entergy. never was an employee. This must be a mistake. Never with this Company. Knew people with this company but never was enployed.
Exciting Time and Place to Work
Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2018
Entergy is in the midst of significant changes as it works to adapt to the changing energy environment. There are lots of opportunities for new employees to come in and make a big difference. The company is making significant investments across the utility and continues to be one of the best community partners in the country. There is considerable turnover in culture and work going on at this time and upward mobility should be open for curious and hard working professionals. We have a commitment to diversity and I appreciate the opportunity to work with such a varied and talented workforce.
Pros
Job Security, Upward Mobility, Dynamic Environment, Lots of opportunity
Cons
Lots of work, sometimes underfunded initiatives, significant changes in flight
Mismanagement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2018
I have had 6 managers and 5 directors in the past 10 years. Entergy lacks stability in leadership, change management, and in a proactive approach to obvious and critical challenges such as software integration and compatibility that is not based on the cheapest vendor..
Pros
Large company where career movement is possible.
Cons
Lack of career development, role clarity, and transparency.
Limited opportunities for advancement for some demographic groups
Sr. Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 11, 2018
Typical day at work - two meetings, routine work.
What I learned - I learned a lot about the electric industry.
Management - out of touch with impact of policies on employees.
Workplace culture - inconsistent.
Hardest part of the job - making a difference.
Most enjoyable part of the job - compensation and benefits.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Difficult Advancement
Walk average 10 miles a day for 20 days a month. Work in all weather conditions.
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 6, 2018
Good job, just not enough pay for the physical demand. I enjoyed the independence and opportunity, but dreaded dealing with violent animals and unexpected injuries.
Pros
work all you want
Cons
Not enough pay
Offers advancement and fair pay
COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2018
Offered challenging projects and room for advancement. Salaries are in line with positions and bonus incentives were given. Given autonomy to make decisions regarding prioritizing work load.
Pros
Salay and comprehensive beneifts package
Cons
Less employees, higher workload
great place to work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Covert, MIDecember 3, 2018
Loved my job at Entergy. Management is very poor. Work was good and the pay was more than fair. I never intended on leaving my job, but due to a manager dislike for me on a personal level, I was unable to keep my job.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Stressed well compensated engineers
EFIN (Engineering Fix-It-Now) (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 1, 2018
You will be stressed at times but the compensation vs cost of living is better than anywhere I have been. Th leadership tend to make very questionable decisions