Entergy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for..if you can find interest in your job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 11, 2018
Entergy can really be a great place to work for if you enjoy what you are working on. I have been lucky enough to find projects that interest me and Entergy allows me the resources and flexibility I need to excel at my job. The work/life balance is great in my department and we really have managers that see you as people, rather than just workers.

One down-side, however, is that the culture and compensations seem to be lagging the industry by about 20 years. The culture and compensations aren't terrible, but they could use some updating to fit the younger workforce.
Pros
Work/life balance, Management, People
Cons
Compensation, Dated Culture
Very fast paced but fun environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2018
Entergy was a very fast paced call center and the call volumes were extreme and the work load was heavy but they gave a lot of incentives to keep the moral of the center high
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Contract job so no benefits
Temp-Job
Data Entry Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 4, 2018
Get there for 8:00am stay on the phone until 11:00am go to lunch then I was transferred to the research dept, and work there for 12:00pm until 5:00pm or 6:00pm depend on management and if the customer where not satisfied. I sent out bills to customer, research if the bill was to high.
Pros
everything was ok
Cons
managment skills
Good place to work, but requires time
Senior Lead Engineer / Procurement Engineering (Former Employee) –  Killona, LAMay 3, 2018
Entergy Nuclear is a good place to work. Good job security and good benefits. Not so good with proper staffing levels and work life balance. The culture ranges at each of the nuclear facilities. But a general grade is that the cultures are pretty good. Waterford 3 is probably the best overall culture among the southern nuclear fleet plants.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 29, 2018
It was ok...I learned a lot about the job there. The hardest part was the phone ringing back to back none stop. The most enjoyable part was the rewards.
Large responsibility operating and maintaining a nuclear power plant.
Contract System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 25, 2018
I was a fulltime employee at Arkansas Nuclear One for twenty years. My positions in the plant were considered front line positions. If plant issues occurred, the expectation was that people in my type of position would be available to work around the clock to resolve the issue. Due to the nature of nuclear power all errors are unacceptable. This contributes to a high level of stress. I retired in 2011. I returned in 2015 as a part time contractor. As a contractor, the expectations for perfection was still there, but the expectation to work at all hours was not. This greatly eased the stress of working there.
Pros
Excellent compensation, high quality co-workers
Cons
Stressful work environment
Good and nice workers
Linemen (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2018
I did love working there, had a good crew, i worked everyday and tried to be the best as possible but i moved and its to far of a drive for me to make
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Internship
Systems Engineer, Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAApril 16, 2018
It was ok
• Systems Engineer, Intern (6/2013-8/2013)
o Reviewed and analyzed pump and valve component performance on High Pressure Core Spray systems
o Performed early detection of degraded performance in residual heat removal systems/heat transfer systems
o Contributed engineering assistance to the Preventive maintenance strategies of water pump systems and pressure coolant systems
o Observed and documented degraded flow in pumps and valves caused by abnormal vibration. Forwarded information to senior engineer to assist in making informed decision regarding proper time to replace pumps using a Just-In-Time strategy, thereby maximizing pump life and minimizing repair times
Great place to start a career.
Engineer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 16, 2018
Great atmosphere, excellent associates. This place really cares about their people and their home life. Get your foot in the door and the sky is the limit at Entergy.
Workplace culture
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 10, 2018
Entergy is a dynamic, supportive professional company. It is focused on it's employees from a safety, environment and work satisfaction perspective. I would highly recommend this company.
Good Company
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Killona, LA 70057April 1, 2018
The schedule is 4 10's
The culture of the company is very much centered around safety.
The company makes great effort to ensure that all of the staff is properly trained.
IT Supply Chain Leader (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 31, 2018
Good company to work for as a contract manager....

Management needs to more clearly define expectations and do a better job of demanding accountability in the workplace.
Summary
Customer Service Representative/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work great benefits long days of work. Hardest part advising customer no more time can be granted on bills. We had good and bad mangements, diverse culture
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Long hours sometimes
an opporunity
Customer Contact Senior representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 14, 2018
I was a great opportunity for 15 years. I responded to request and calls from customers related to client specific programs and products. I made attempts to resolve issues and deescalated issues of irate or dissatisfied clients.
routine job
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2018
My job is pretty much routine. I mainly know what to expect when I come to wok. We are ranked according to our stats on and off of calls, from quickness of first call resolution to customer experience scores. I am currently ranked # 1 out of 150+ reps. The hardest part of my job is getting a customer that already has their mind made when they get on the phone. However during my duration here I've learned how to deal with the most challenging customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving a problem after a customer has spoken to multiple reps prior to myself.
No Advancement
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 8, 2018
You can't move up in the company, unless you are kin to someone already in the company. Technology is very old. Great Benefits! Pay is great also!!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Advancement
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 1, 2018
Typical day was monitoring and updating project schedules.
Helped project coordinator with updating project cost/budgets on excel spreadsheets.
Excellent work life balance. Work from home every Friday.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
contractor - no benefits.
Productive work environment
Customer Contact Representative Senior (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 28, 2018
Do not wish to share--was downsize out of a job. We were only given a thirty day notice, no severance package or compensation. Employed at this company for over 17years and was asked to come into a meeting one morning and my world was turned upside down. My shift was eliminate too.
Solid place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 24, 2018
Go in, do your job, do it well, and there's no telling how far you could go. Not to the top, of course, but you can do well here. Highly recommended for anyone who likes job security.
Fast Pace work environment
Specialist Treasury/ Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Continued to maintain a strong focus on invoice processing and approvals while meeting critical deadlines in a timely manner. Demonstrated commitment to customer demands and service.