Entergy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I did not work for Entergy
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 17, 2018
Stationed at an Entergy facility for decommissioning of the facility. Therefore, I am not in a position to give an opinion of the pros and cons working for this company.
Love it !
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little RockSeptember 14, 2018
I’ve been working here for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it. I make a very good salary for my age. The environment is laid back but professional. The managers aren’t micro managing but they are always there when you need them. We have great events such as potlucks, catered breakfast and lunch , paid trips, and just an overall good vibe. You are able to express concerns without judgment and they are constantly pushing for career advancement. The quarterly incentives are nice as well as our yearly bonus! Can see myself here for a long time. Thanks Entergy!
Pros
Lunch, breakfast, gifts, Pto, birthday and anniversary off, relax environment, great pay
Productive and fast pace environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 11, 2018
This company is very productive, and they recognize and reward hard work. The leadership is solid and it is a good work environment to be a part of. I would recommend working for this company.
Great Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 2, 2018
Worked in plants as risk engineer. Also worked as a line design engineer. Great company to work for. Built lots of great relationships. Loved the gym at the corporate office.
Very demanding job with long-time employment security
Design Engineer, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 17, 2018
My work schedule depended on whether or not we were in a refueling outage or not, which happened once every 18 months for either unit. (This meant that every three years there would be two outages that year instead of the usual one.)

When not, I spent a lot of my time addressing small workload items including document updates, modification reviews, and as-needed assistance required by other departments. I didn't spend as much time on my own modification development as expected for a design engineer, due to the large amount of work contracted out to other engineering companies. As such, part of my engineering workload was also contract management. Meetings also took up a fair portion of my work week.

During an outage, which typically lasted between 1-2 months, my daily hours increased and I often had to work night shifts in support of the outage. If any emergencies or unexpected developments occurred, design engineering was often required to assist, even when the situation required little if any input from engineering. A couple of times I was required to suit up and actually enter the reactor to support my own projects or simply assist in the outage closeout.

Due to the situation at the plant, work was often stressful with many time crunches, and the level of work prioritization by management often differed between verbal commands and the administrative and policy requirements of the company, creating some friction in terms of which tasks were truly the highest priority. Additionally, I found I was completing more administrative and management tasks than engineering
  more... tasks as time passed. Being on call 24 hours a day was an adjustment as well.

I learned a lot about how power systems and generating plants operate, as well as the management structure of a larger company. The workplace culture was fairly strong among equal level employees, although there was a fair amount of turnover in my few years at the plant as the older well-established engineers retired and younger hires were made. This complicated the above issues as a lot of in-house experience left when the older engineers retired.

The compensation and employment perks were the best part of the job, though even then, engineering tended to get the shorter end of the stick compared to other departments who earned a larger percentage of overtime pay during outages and otherwise.
Okay
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 15, 2018
Not a good place to work. did the call center and the supervisors pretty much determined if you kept your job or not. They kept laying people offunprofessional
Older Company trying to update its culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2018
Entergy is a great company to work for. There are employees that have been around for 30+ years. Entergy is very slow at modernazation and keeping up with the changing environment. Entergy is regulated by the Louisiana Public Service Commission, so any changes in business has to be approved by the PSC. Being a regulated company makes it difficult to keep up with a changing market.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Hours, Pay
Cons
Storm duty, career development, Diversity
Great Work environment
INTERIUM SUPERVISOR/OPD LEAD (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 10, 2018
Overall it was a great work environment, It was very demanding of your time any outage in the coverage states could extend your workday without warning.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
must be an outsider
Meter Operator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 8, 2018
.very hot must stay hydrated
.i learned how to interact with people
.Management was good
hardest part is the dogs in customer yard
I enjoyed working outside
Cons
dogs
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed every moment that I was employed here at Entergy. It was a great culture and the work environment was incredible. Family environment with customer focus
Good paying company with good benefits
SECURITY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 7, 2018
A procedural driven company that expects and demands accuracy in the work performed because it is a nuclear power plant and errors are taken very seriously.
Great company to work for.
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 4, 2018
I think that the utility industry has longevity and plenty of opportunities on the horizon. I look forward to continuing my growth and development in this sector of energy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 30, 2018
no review for this company as I do not wish to participate. The reason is solely for my purpose . I do not wish to particpate in this survey at all. Please
Great company with excellent benefits, but behind the times.
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2018
Developed my analytical skills, but they need to move forward in the times. Very old school place to work. Salaried position, but required to clock in and out, as well as always be in the office even though my entire job can be done from anywhere with an internet connection. This company has excellent benefits.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
Stressful work environment
Decent place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2018
I think Entergy is a decent place to work. The culture is sort of cut-throat management doesn't seem to care about individuals but the pay is above average. Worth working here if you can handle a lot of stress.
Didn't enjoy working there
Code/Programs Engineer (Former Employee) –  Killona, LAJuly 24, 2018
Working for Entergy is great, but I had a lot of problem with management. I learned a lot while working for Entergy. Working at a plant you never know what's going to happen everyday.
I hated this place with a passion
Don't want to say. (Former Employee) –  New OrleansJuly 23, 2018
It's an old school organization. They refuse to move into the 21st century. Glad to be gone. I hope no one else falls into this death trap of a job. There is ZERO work life balance. Get ready to work 24/7
Pros
Cons
over worked and underpaid.
Entergy
Nuclear Power Reactor Operator (Non-licensed) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 16, 2018
Entergy Nuclear New England as a whole is being decommissioned or sold off. The southern branches of the company are better for career longevity to those who are interested in employment.
great company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 11, 2018
A lot of smart people that work there. There are great benefits and many perks. It was kind of boring though but lots of room for advancement. Great job.
Great pay, no social life
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Francisville, LAJuly 10, 2018
Great pay, hard if you want a lot of time with family. Works rotating 12 hour shift so be prepared for long days and nights. Jobs aren't difficult, many procedures for everything you do.