Entergy Employee Reviews

Entergy
Nuclear Power Reactor Operator (Non-licensed) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 16, 2018
Entergy Nuclear New England as a whole is being decommissioned or sold off. The southern branches of the company are better for career longevity to those who are interested in employment.
great company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 11, 2018
A lot of smart people that work there. There are great benefits and many perks. It was kind of boring though but lots of room for advancement. Great job.
On site full gym
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYJuly 4, 2018
great team of employees and management. Well trained and prepared for any unforeseen situations that may arise on site. dedicated group of people working together to protect the plant.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working for Entergy. what i didn't like was the frequent hire and fire routines. Staff was pretty friendly in begginning. It was an experience.
Independent consultant assisting with post Hurricane Katrina Aftermath
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 24, 2018
Organization was very appreciative of the assistance that it received from it's independent consultants. Most of the management staff had been displaced from their homes in New Orleans.
you can make a living there but it can be a long hard career
2nd Class Substation Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2018
A typical day could be 10 hours of good maintance work or 24 hours of back breaking hard labor due to equipment failure or storm damage. Hurricanes,ice storms,thunderstorms
Workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 22, 2018
The work environment was very stressful and fast-paced. Some days we would have mandatory overtime and when you are ready to leave at the end of your shift it hard to stay.
Most days are routine with spirts of unexpected orders that need attention asap.
Material operator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2018
Enjoyed the co-workers and most of your management. However they was one poison Apple in the barrel that just happened to be head of my dept.
Who cared less about protecting his employees and more interested in his own retirement as so to not create any waves like backing one of his guys when H.R. got it wrong.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Mangmnt
Good safety culture
Department Performance Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAJune 6, 2018
Good safety culture, good location, room for advancement, fair pay, gym, diverse, challenging. Plenty of paid time off, great benefits. Solid training program for all crafts. Good inter-departmental integration.
Easiest, hardest job youll ever have
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSJune 4, 2018
Job duties and task are a breeze. The management likes to hire and stab you in the back just to do it. Makes no sense but they are cut throat people. Officers talk about other officers non stop and just drama drama. However come here to yourself youll love it
Pros
Good pay
Good work place
Tech Arch lead (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 28, 2018
It was great place to work with relaxed Management and hardest part was the landscape was huge and had to deal with lots of vendors on hardware and architect new changes which constantly client wanted to change .
Comfortable and friendly place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2018
I worked as a temporary employee at Entergy through another company which I can not remember the name. I did enjoy the work. It was mostly computer entry and formulas for correcting billing errors. I occasionally spoke with customers who felt their meter had not been read or some other complaint and their bill was incorrect. I was one of the people who would check on and correct any errors in billing. I also counseled the customer on ways of making sure they could control their electric bill by either accessing free government plans for evaluating and correcting the electric guzzlers in their homes or getting on level billing program. I would have sheets provided by my head of department to work through the errors and correct them using Entergy's programs, then I would file the sheets. I filed customer account files and shredded anything that needed to be shredded rather than saved. I loved the hours and my little cubicle which I was allowed to decorate. I got along with everyone and loved learning new things when classes were provided. I would still be there if they had not had a reduction of force. They loved my work and tried to keep me full time.
Pros
Everyone tried to help their neighbors.
Cons
The only negative that I can think of is that I was not allowed to stay.
Good
Senior Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 12, 2018
Power Plant Fall and Spring Outage Seasons. Planning, scheduling, cost control, estimating, and risk analysis for Combined Cycle Gas Turbines (CCGT’s) and conventional steam turbine power plants, including Gas Turbines, HRSG’s, Boiler, Transformers, Feed Pumps.
Great company to work for..if you can find interest in your job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 11, 2018
Entergy can really be a great place to work for if you enjoy what you are working on. I have been lucky enough to find projects that interest me and Entergy allows me the resources and flexibility I need to excel at my job. The work/life balance is great in my department and we really have managers that see you as people, rather than just workers.

One down-side, however, is that the culture and compensations seem to be lagging the industry by about 20 years. The culture and compensations aren't terrible, but they could use some updating to fit the younger workforce.
Pros
Work/life balance, Management, People
Cons
Compensation, Dated Culture
Very fast paced but fun environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2018
Entergy was a very fast paced call center and the call volumes were extreme and the work load was heavy but they gave a lot of incentives to keep the moral of the center high
Pros
Good Incentives
Cons
Contract job so no benefits
Temp-Job
Data Entry Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 4, 2018
Get there for 8:00am stay on the phone until 11:00am go to lunch then I was transferred to the research dept, and work there for 12:00pm until 5:00pm or 6:00pm depend on management and if the customer where not satisfied. I sent out bills to customer, research if the bill was to high.
Pros
everything was ok
Cons
managment skills
Good place to work, but requires time
Senior Lead Engineer / Procurement Engineering (Former Employee) –  Killona, LAMay 3, 2018
Entergy Nuclear is a good place to work. Good job security and good benefits. Not so good with proper staffing levels and work life balance. The culture ranges at each of the nuclear facilities. But a general grade is that the cultures are pretty good. Waterford 3 is probably the best overall culture among the southern nuclear fleet plants.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 29, 2018
It was ok...I learned a lot about the job there. The hardest part was the phone ringing back to back none stop. The most enjoyable part was the rewards.
Large responsibility operating and maintaining a nuclear power plant.
Contract System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 25, 2018
I was a fulltime employee at Arkansas Nuclear One for twenty years. My positions in the plant were considered front line positions. If plant issues occurred, the expectation was that people in my type of position would be available to work around the clock to resolve the issue. Due to the nature of nuclear power all errors are unacceptable. This contributes to a high level of stress. I retired in 2011. I returned in 2015 as a part time contractor. As a contractor, the expectations for perfection was still there, but the expectation to work at all hours was not. This greatly eased the stress of working there.
Pros
Excellent compensation, high quality co-workers
Cons
Stressful work environment
Good and nice workers
Linemen (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2018
I did love working there, had a good crew, i worked everyday and tried to be the best as possible but i moved and its to far of a drive for me to make
Benefits
Cons
Bad management