Entergy Employee Reviews

Job Development
Sr. Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 11, 2018
To many friends and family working for friends and family. Not a company who encouraged thinking out of the box. The company had a group of managers who felt that they had all of the answers. However they never worked for another company and relied on consultants. You were only allowed to think outside of the box if you were white.This cause the company to implement change that didn't work. Examples are financial operation system and company financial structure. Major delays becasue internal implementation team members didn't have shills and knowledge to execute deliverables.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hot a lot of opportunities for minorities (brown people).
Good pay and benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 1, 2018
The company had good pay and benefits, but the culture and work environment was abysmal. Job advancement was average, but heavy politics required to advance.
a good place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  saintfrancisvilleOctober 24, 2018
energy nuclear plant was well ran and organized people loved working there it was a place that demanded safety from everyone there overall all the workers there were nice people
Great Place to work
MISCELLANEOUS PAYMENT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 21, 2018
Loved working at Entergy. Great benefits. Offer job advancements. Corporate environment was stressful, competitive and fun. Entergy always show employee appreciation on a yearly basis and the yearly bonus was great.
Pros
Yearly bonus, great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, especially at the end of the year.
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 19, 2018
Entergy is a good place to work but you need to understand what it means to work for a regulated utility company. The company is more likely to take a conservative approach preferring proven technologies to the latest innovations. IT is still viewed as an expense rather than an asset. At the end of the day, Entergy sells energy not technology.
thanks
Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2018
The culture we have cultivated is caring and flexible, supporting Teammates in their professional and personal endeavors. Giving back matters, so we are pleased to give members of our team the opportunity to aid their local communities through opportunities to volunteer and give through
Professional co-workers
Certified Fuel Handler / Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, VTOctober 15, 2018
Workers are dedicated to the professionalism of nuclear power, where safety is promoted before profits. Integrity is the most important commodity to have.
awesome employer
Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 1, 2018
great company providing a needed service and product to the community. Energy drives our economy and Entergy is a leader in the field of energy. Great people
Excellent Company, Poor Wages
Engineering Helper (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Great company and some of the best people I have worked with in the electric utility industry. The wages were mediocre which is the one and only reason why I left. Management was great to work with
I did not work for Entergy
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTSeptember 17, 2018
Stationed at an Entergy facility for decommissioning of the facility. Therefore, I am not in a position to give an opinion of the pros and cons working for this company.
Love it !
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little RockSeptember 14, 2018
I’ve been working here for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it. I make a very good salary for my age. The environment is laid back but professional. The managers aren’t micro managing but they are always there when you need them. We have great events such as potlucks, catered breakfast and lunch , paid trips, and just an overall good vibe. You are able to express concerns without judgment and they are constantly pushing for career advancement. The quarterly incentives are nice as well as our yearly bonus! Can see myself here for a long time. Thanks Entergy!
Pros
Lunch, breakfast, gifts, Pto, birthday and anniversary off, relax environment, great pay
Productive and fast pace environment
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 11, 2018
This company is very productive, and they recognize and reward hard work. The leadership is solid and it is a good work environment to be a part of. I would recommend working for this company.
no thanks
Not saying (Current Employee) –  doesn't matterSeptember 3, 2018
very stressful, fast paced, no training. expectations are high, overworked, underpaid, not fun at all, different environment and hard to get to solutions.
Great Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 2, 2018
Worked in plants as risk engineer. Also worked as a line design engineer. Great company to work for. Built lots of great relationships. Loved the gym at the corporate office.
Very demanding job with long-time employment security
Design Engineer, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 17, 2018
My work schedule depended on whether or not we were in a refueling outage or not, which happened once every 18 months for either unit. (This meant that every three years there would be two outages that year instead of the usual one.)

When not, I spent a lot of my time addressing small workload items including document updates, modification reviews, and as-needed assistance required by other departments. I didn't spend as much time on my own modification development as expected for a design engineer, due to the large amount of work contracted out to other engineering companies. As such, part of my engineering workload was also contract management. Meetings also took up a fair portion of my work week.

During an outage, which typically lasted between 1-2 months, my daily hours increased and I often had to work night shifts in support of the outage. If any emergencies or unexpected developments occurred, design engineering was often required to assist, even when the situation required little if any input from engineering. A couple of times I was required to suit up and actually enter the reactor to support my own projects or simply assist in the outage closeout.

Due to the situation at the plant, work was often stressful with many time crunches, and the level of work prioritization by management often differed between verbal commands and the administrative and policy requirements of the company, creating some friction in terms of which tasks were truly the highest priority. Additionally, I found I was completing more administrative and management tasks than engineering
  more... tasks as time passed. Being on call 24 hours a day was an adjustment as well.

I learned a lot about how power systems and generating plants operate, as well as the management structure of a larger company. The workplace culture was fairly strong among equal level employees, although there was a fair amount of turnover in my few years at the plant as the older well-established engineers retired and younger hires were made. This complicated the above issues as a lot of in-house experience left when the older engineers retired.

The compensation and employment perks were the best part of the job, though even then, engineering tended to get the shorter end of the stick compared to other departments who earned a larger percentage of overtime pay during outages and otherwise.
Okay
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 15, 2018
Not a good place to work. did the call center and the supervisors pretty much determined if you kept your job or not. They kept laying people offunprofessional
Older Company trying to update its culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2018
Entergy is a great company to work for. There are employees that have been around for 30+ years. Entergy is very slow at modernazation and keeping up with the changing environment. Entergy is regulated by the Louisiana Public Service Commission, so any changes in business has to be approved by the PSC. Being a regulated company makes it difficult to keep up with a changing market.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Hours, Pay
Cons
Storm duty, career development, Diversity
Great Work environment
INTERIUM SUPERVISOR/OPD LEAD (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 10, 2018
Overall it was a great work environment, It was very demanding of your time any outage in the coverage states could extend your workday without warning.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
must be an outsider
Meter Operator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 8, 2018
.very hot must stay hydrated
.i learned how to interact with people
.Management was good
hardest part is the dogs in customer yard
I enjoyed working outside
Cons
dogs
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed every moment that I was employed here at Entergy. It was a great culture and the work environment was incredible. Family environment with customer focus