Entergy

3.9Pay & Benefits

Entergy insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great money lousy leadership

This job is great if you want to make money. Lots of OT. Poor management and terrible work/life balance. Always short required number of workers due to hiring process. Overall good pay and benefits but a lot of time at work and very long hours.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Poor management, long hours

Can be here if you make enough friends.

It's hard to advance unless you know someone. If you can get hired on make sure you find contentment in your role just in case you have to stay there for your entire career. Promotions based on favoritism and how well known you are. A popularity contest. Its like High school all over again.

Pros

Ok salary. Depending on your lifestyle.

Cons

Hard to advance. Not alot of training. Mostly on the job. Sink or swim.

Great place to learn and grow

Safety is top priority. Lots of things to learn in the industry. Great people and great locations. Very well ran. Awesome place to start a career and grow until retirement

Benefits

Cons

Slow

Good pay with decent benefits

Pay is slightly below average and the benefits are fine.After obtaining initial qualifications, the day-to-day can become overwhelming due to an exponentially large backlog.

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

Work isn’t cutting edge

Change is not always good

I love Entergy or did when I joined the company some time ago. Recent changes in leadership though have left a lot to be desired.No promotions or career development exists. There is no work life balance. I do appreciate the ability to work from home.

Pros

Telecommuting options. Coworkers truly care about each other. Great pay. Good benefits

Cons

Leadership changes have not been positive. No work life balance.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great opportunities

This company has a lot of opportunity for growth. Very good job security. It has very competitive wages. The benefits are average at best. Very diverse culture.

Pros

Pay

Cons

N:a

The pay and flexibility was only good thing

I was hired through a contractor so that may be why my experience with entergy wasn’t as great. I was there for 5 years I loved it but they didn’t offer any benefits and as a lead meter reader we weren’t treated the best no benefits at all, and employers who worked upstairs treated us like we had the plague even when mandates were lifted we still had port-o-potty’s

Pros

Pay, great supervisor

Cons

No benefits, fair treatment

Good company, when you dont have a job

10+ years in Entergy as a mid-level manager. Almost impossible to move ahead as too many incompetent people are at the top, making Entergy a top-heavy company. If you want a supportive atmosphere, this is not your company

Pros

You get salary

Cons

You are never recognized

The PTO is good. Raises and job title advancements no good.

Getting a raise or job title advancement alone is very tiring and almost impossible. You have to be an “advanced” level on all your performance reviews. And the performance reviews are stressful to keep up with and very time consuming. On top of your job that is already stressful, you have to constantly come up with ideas for the company, volunteering, and go above and beyond to be involved in other work groups as well as your current group to even be considered for a raise. Doesn’t matter if you excel in your department alone. They want more out of you. It is quite tiring and extremely hard to keep up with.

Pros

Working from home. Benefits. Off every other Friday.

Cons

Over worked and used to the max.

Attention to safety is a plus. However, advancement and pay is based on nepotism and favoritism instead of education, experience and qualifications. Work/life balance is practically non-existent. Unions have a choke-hold on the company and company policies, thus salaried employees are the scapegoat and suffer to make up for the extras that the union employees get, such as benefits, time off, compensation, and raises. Upper management focuses on their own advancement and bonuses, and ignores the validated issues brought to their attention with dismissive words or actions, or by simply not responding.

Pros

For union workers and upper management, typical pay is higher than most companies.

Cons

No paid lunch break, no free coffee, parking is a problem, work/life balance is almost non-existent, advancement opportunities are limited and unfairly distributed.

Good

Good people who went out of their way to make it. Great place to work Plus good benefits and nice environment for all workers and co workers who participated

Hard but good career choice

Good entry level meter service positions. Company trains you and provides all safety tools. Lineman is fun and hard. Long hours and travelling. Company provides all training needed.

Pros

Career style job

Cons

Long hours, strenuous work

Needs better management

I really enjoyed my job. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. The guys in the field were decent. However once the management was switched to someone else it was horrible.

Pros

Busy all day. Good hours. Overtime.

Cons

Poor management. Not good training.

Solid employer

Very large company. Operates like a quasi-governmental entity so can be very slow adapting. However with Many different departments there is opportunity to move into other areas.

Pros

9-80 schedule, solid pay and benefits

Cons

The best workers will carry the load

Great pay

High paying if you're in nuclear. Other than that, not a lot to offer here. The people are decent, but your actual career growth is pretty subpar.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work-life balance is way off

Great benefits and better salary than comparable jobs in the area

I didn't care for the company overall. They say a lot, but do less. I lasted as long as I did because of the pay. I did learn a few things while I was there and that's the most positive review I can give at this time. Everyone isn't bad, but mostly everyone is afraid of losing their job, so no one speaks up.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Very oppressed culture. The ones in leadership ARE the problem.

Great company to work for

Awesome place to work great benefits and a family atmosphere.Opportunity to move up in the company Training at this company year round Opportunity to work in multiple states if desired

Pros

Good options for advancement

Cons

Some are not held accountable for task that should be completed

Large Beaurocratic Utility

Bad management. Managers can't communicate among themselves at to what they want. Large utilities are often political and this company is exactly that.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Totally unorganized.

Good company, but no work/life balance

Entergy is a good company; however, there is no such thing as work-life balance on the nuclear side. Managers are required to perform three additional jobs, from the management role, at the sites which makes for many weeks working greater than 60-70 hours. There are a lot of very good people working the company and the management team at my site works well together. Entergy pays very well, but that does not make up for the time missed with family.

Pros

Excellent pay, good benefits

Cons

No work-life balance, too many extraneous roles for managers

Its a great company to work for..good benefits, time off, raises, overtime pay, shift differential, etc...my mangement and coworkers are great people and i will miss them. I would recommend this company

Need to work on Communication and ability to Train new Hires

Any position I believe within the company most likely would be great, in a non-pandemic state. There was a lot of confusion during the on-boarding process which sent red flags in the beginning. There after communication was very limited between management and new hire not providing a sense of direction for position. No training provided, only advised if you need assistance contact one of your co-worker's which was not very helpful at all when starting a new position with a new company. Entergy is a major corporation in the Southeast and my expectation regarding training and best practices for a new position were high, but were shown to limited at best. For any company working completely remotely should have outstanding training and communication allowing the new hire to feel that same sense of importance as if they were in office.

Pros

Competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

No training or communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entergy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Entergy.
Powered byComparably