Enterprise Community Partners Employee Reviews

Was not a great learning environment
Communication Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
From day one I was thrown into the thick of things with no help or guidance. When I would ask for help everyone was too busy to give me any advice or just looked at me as if they could not understand why I did not know how to do the task at hand. This was my first real internship and I expected to learn a lot and grow from it, but that was not really the case.
Excellent Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
I have worked here for many years and what really sets this company apart from others is the quality of people who work here. The employees are wonderful and it really feels like a family atmosphere.
Enterprise Advisors in Washington DC - 60% turn over rate this last year.
Director, Public Sector Consulting (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2016
There are systemic management issues at Enterprise Advisors in Washington DC. They have gone through three Directors within the past year. This is a 60% turnover rate, as there are only four Director positions. Management and HR need to re-group to better identify goals and mission before hiring again. Be forewarned taking a job with Advisors.
Pros
Smart, Creative, Hardworking Staff
Cons
Extremely Poor Managment
Employee Friendly Culture
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 24, 2016
Enterprise is a great company for diversity.... employees with families, various backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures.

While the .non-profit nature of the company keeps wages for employees below industry standard, there are other great employee benefits.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 22, 2016
Enterprise is a family atmosphere and genuinely strives to do something good for the betterment of the world. The people working there are excellent to work with and are the true highlight of the business.
Review
Sr. Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 9, 2015
Enterprise is an excellent organization. It does great work in the communities they work in. The organization also does great charitable work in the communities to help the low and moderate income residents.

The most enjoyable part is the month long United Way drive they conduct, it's really fun.
Rewarding goals
Program Associate/Grant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 22, 2014
The work environment was family oriented and has rewarding end results. Creating homes for the countries most vulnerable rewards those who can accomplish these goals. Although a rather large company, its employees are close.
Pros
Family oriented
Great Company
Asset Management Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Positive environment. I loved coming to work every day and felt that I actually made change in affordable housing management.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2014
enjoying doing research for the company. I was able to explore much about the housing industry
Great organization with an excellent reputation in the industry
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2013
Large national nonprofit that provides affordable housing options that benefit low and moderate income home buyers. A review is not applicable - company is no longer operating in the Dallas market. Office was closed due to the economic downturn.
A great place to work and the people were great.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 30, 2013
A great place to work and the people were great. I was working as a temporary employee.
Great learning experience
Development Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2013
I learned a great deal working with Kirk Goodrich. I explored a number of models and became deeply acquainted with the Enterprise way.
Great family work environment
HR / Contract Spec. and Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2012
This employer provided a relaxed environment while providing excellent community development, empowerment and funding.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
laid-off
A great place to work and it was created for a great cause.
Receptionist /Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2012
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. was founded by Jim and Patty Rouse of Columbia, MD. The mission was to provide affordable housing for low income and poor people.

Everyone has the same goal and purpose - provide affordable housing. And working toward that goal is very rewarding.

I learned that when you extend yourself to help someone else, YOU are helped also.

The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to different cities, meeting the people you've helped and seeing the joy on their faces because they can have a little piece of the "American Dream."
Pros
traveling and attending conferences
Cons
realizing you can't help everyone.