Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 8,514 reviews matching the search See all 9,252 reviews
Very conservative
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2018
While I was there white shirts and ties were required. I understand that is no longer the case and even shorts are allowed. Most of their IT services are located in the Midwest.
High accountability and fun place to work
Director of Sales / Northern Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2018
My typical day included supporting/leading the sales and admin team. I learned a tremendous amount in my role as the Director of Sales from managing/motivating people to make sure they hit sales quota's, networking, client relationships, etc... Enterprise has a terrific culture that primarily consisted of working hard and rewarding hard work through compensation and various reward mechanisms. The most challenging aspect of the position was recruiting/finding top talent when the need to fill a sales and/or admin position came up. The most rewarding part of my job was developing each individual and seeing them succeed in their respective roles and the impact their success had on their personal lives.
Pros
promotional opportunites and compensation
Cons
pressure to relocate every 3-5 years
Workplace is not what it is cut out to be.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 15, 2018
No work life balance. You will work a lot of hours and make little of nothing. If you want to be promoted. You have to relocate your family and that not good because you will bounce around a lot while your there at Enterprise.
Pros
Discount on your rentals.
Cons
No work life balance.
Management only cared about themselves
Courtesy Shuttle Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
Some Good People and Some Bad People there
It was mainly a cut throat environment.
Co workers always throwing each other under the bus
to suck up to the bosses.
I guess that goes on everywhere now days.
Pros
Occassional Free lunches
Cons
Fast Paced and Stressful
5 starts all across the board
ACCOUNTING TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 15, 2018
My time at Enterprise has taught me not only about interacting and operating effectively in the business environment but also how to manage and maintain a healthy work life balance.
Great company
MANAGER TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Fresno CaliforniaNovember 15, 2018
I would say that the base for all customer service and sales jobs can be started at this company. What I learned here and the tools it provides me with have stayed with me through my entire career. If I was a hiring manager and saw an applicant with this company on their resume I would consider them a top candidate.
Pros
Great building block
Cons
Not my career goal
Very little work/life balance
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYNovember 15, 2018
There was absolutely no work/life balance at all. Great culture within the company- fun but worked extremely long hours. If hours could change I feel there would be less turnover.
This is a great place to work for workaholics. You learn a lot, but work long hours. The pay is fair.
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2018
Enterprise is great company to work for with great C-level management. The company has gotten to be very large, but is now inconsistent in executing the mission statement. Some groups are really good at it, and others have opportunity. You can't learn more about business at any other place. The business model for Enterprise is genius. There are many divisions outside the branches, and those rarely open, but they have much better work/life balance. This is almost non existent with the daily rental stores. As you promote in rental, you work more hours than when you were a management trainee.
Pros
Great C level, great knowledge, great products, benefits, coworkers are amazing
Cons
work/life balance, pay is tough at first but gets better, very lean on staffing, raises are small
Productive and fast pace
SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 15, 2018
Great place to work for those seeking a part-time job. There are times where you might get overwhelmed but there is help given to you. All you have to do is treat each car like your own and clean it like you want your car to be cleaned.
Overall great experience
Retail Agent (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 15, 2018
Great place to work but Enterprise struggle terribly with work life balance. Good money can be made if employee choose their path within the company carefully.
Great place to work with many opportunities if willing to relocate
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 14, 2018
I loved working at Enterprise. I worked with an awesome team. It was super chaotic but the customers and team made it fun. I highly recommend Enterprise especially if your are willing to relocate...your success is all in your hands from that point. The only complaint was the amount of hours that is required. When you have a large family its very hard to balance such a long workday and after work duties. I was lucky that management was very considerate.
Pros
free lunches and starbucks
Relaxed but not Good for Long Term
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 14, 2018
A typical day at Enterprise for me involved washing cars, digging cars out of snow, delivering/picking up cars up to 100 miles away, repossessing lost and stolen cars, and picking up, dropping off customers. The only thing I really learned is how to best do my job as to not make my superiors look bad. Management wasn't always great, but it always felt like they had your back. I worked at a branch that seemed to only employ recently graduated fraternity guys, so there was an overwhelming amount of aggressive testosterone that would often manifest itself in arguments and feuds between coworkers. Hardest part of the job is keeping all the cars clean every day. Most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of freedom it grants you.
Pros
Discounts on rentals
Cons
Absolutely no possibility of promotion unless you have some kind of two year college degree, which arbitrarily holds less fortunate people back from success.
Fun environment
Manger in Training (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 14, 2018
Working at Enterprise was stressful at time for me because I was so new but once you got a hang of the programs their it was very easy to work with the systems.
Fun and relaxed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 14, 2018
Basically only driving cars to other locations. The employees are amazing and very friendly and the bosses are just as nice. Love working for this company.
A perfect place for people without a soul.
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
Love washing cars in the winter? in the summer? in the pouring rain? all in a business suit? Well this is the place for you. Enterprise is the closet thing to underworld that you could possible get to without dying. Forceful sales culture, with constantly changing objectives...manipulation from management and extreme unethical behavior seen to be directly related to company success. No employee appreciation. Abundant micromanagement. There is an extreme political structure that makes this company perfect for wealthy people who already know someone higher up. Under staffing is highly prevalent, as area and branch managers commissions are based on cost of personnel. If you would love to be sold a pipe dream of the opportunity of success and milked of all the ambition and energy that you have, working at enterprise 60 hours a week while washing cars in your finest clothes is the way to go!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything Else
Good compensation but very long hours and not much time off.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
Enterprise is a very good job but I am just looking for better work/life balance with my career. I believe it was a good stepping stone in the path of me finding something I love and that benefits me financially.
Good Work Enviroment
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
Management was good at relaying information to employees and keeping the business running smoothly. Depending on how busy the airport is the job can be very demanding or not very demanding at all.
Great Company, Questionable Business Model
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Enterprise Holdings. I did question some of their business models, though. We were told to ALWAYS say "Yes" and set up a reservation for them, but then if we did not have a vehicle we had to call them back and tell them we do not have a car. I am an honest person and do not feel comfortable lying to customers. This is a big reason I was always stressed and decided to leave.
Not typical part time job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 12, 2018
This job is not the job you need if you are looking to stay close to home during the work day. You can travel hundreds of miles in a day. You maybe out of town transporting vehicle for hours and never be in your hometown.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
lots of driving even in bad weather
enterprise is a great company
Management Trainee/Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 12, 2018
ERAC was the first company i worked for right out of college. they trained me to run my own business and how to be a leader. greta promotion opportunities.
Pros
everything
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
43K
32.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Enterprise Holdings.

Powered by Comparably