Enterprise Holdings

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 8,538 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Enterprise Holdings selected this as a representative review
Fast paced, stay on your toes environment that challenges you personally and teaches you the skills to run your own business. Gives you the training and the tools to teach and motivate your team as you move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, bonus opportunities, professional but relaxed
Cons
longer hours, and weekend hours.
Enterprise was a great first job, the people I worked with were great- hardworking, outgoing and always willing to help. However, there is no work life balance. Management expects you to work all the time, late nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Very stressful job, only thing that helped me get through it were the people I worked with.
Pros
People
Cons
no work life balance
I liked my job and the people in other departments were nice. The benefits were excellent but they really don't pay enough. I left due to not really feeling like I was an equal part of the team but just there to do the work no one else wanted to do with zero chance of ever advancing.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, excellent vacation time and insurance
Cons
Low pay
Best part is compensation and training, worst part is contradictory environment of supposed to do versus allowed to do. If you can handle a fast paced environment that lets you learn to better manage life goals this is the company for you. BUT you're not goin any where without a degree that you don't need.
Pros
Well compensated for commitment to the career path oriented environment.
Cons
Degree required to get trained with information not related to the degree just to advance.
Best place I have ever worked. Bosses were wonderful along with 99% of my coworkers. Enterprise WANTED you to excel and helped you do so. Unfortunately, like a lot of people, they had to let me go during Covid-19.
Pros
Profit sharing. Cost of health care, dental, and vision plans. Occasional free lunch.
Cons
None.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Enterprise Is A Horrible Company! You work long hours and your not compensated for the amount of work you put in or stuff you have to deal with from customers, employees, and management! Area manager will overbook your branch with reservations but doesn’t make sure you have adequate amount of cars to fulfill those reservations. Majority of the time branches are short staff so you will be running a entire branch by yourself which is very stressful! None of your paychecks will look the same! Sure there is diversity in enterprise for Management trainee, management assistant, and branch manager but if you look at certain positions like Corporate positions there’s no diversity. You are literally slaving yourself for 11+ hours majority of the time without a lunch break because your short staffed. Corporate is not there 24/7 in the Branches, so branch managers can get away with anything they want . The only thing good about this company is their training and development otherwise it’s just another sales job so the fact they require a bachelors degree is ludicrous! If your looking for a career then this is not the job for you!
Pros
Happy Hours
Cons
Low Pay, No Work Life Balance, Horrible Management, Lacks Diversity In Corporate Roles
It’s a good resume builder & you learn all the parts of a business/how to successfully run one. This isn’t a place I’d recommend staying for more than a few years once you get the tenure. Political/biased environment. Consistently understaffed which makes the days longer. This job is easy but due to human errors is gets annoying and not worth the low pay. They hype the pay when you get to management level but for all the hours you work? You can find a job working 40/week making the same or more. Get out of daily rental if you can!
Pros
Fun people, Branch lunch, a lot of divisions to work in
Cons
Long hours, short staffed, political environment, not diverse, work/life balance, low pay
Enterprise is marred by a lack of empathetic, competent leadership. Although they "listen" when you try to address issues, it s never to actually to resolve them. The culture can be hostile due to people being entitled and favoritism is toxic there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with leadership that does not understand what is needed and is unable to provide proper tools and resources. If the management could be fixed, it would be a much better place to work. Also, the HR departments are trained to protect managers so you don't always get issues resolved by contacting them. From serial predators to inappropriate relationships, the supervisors and managers rarely get the reprimanded for their bad behavior.
Pros
Vacation time, decent benefits
Cons
The leadership structure, poor community partner, racial and favoritism issues
Working at Enterprise is a great way to get some management experience. The hours are long but they keep things fun by having competitions and access to cool opportunities such as getting tickets for the Lakers or going to Disneyland on a work day. Your love or hate for the job depends on who your manager is. However, because there is a culture of constantly moving up, those experiences are short lived. Definitely a great resume builder. If you take the time and get involved, you’ll definitely meet some of your closest friends here because everyone they hire has really great personalities.
Pros
Happy hours
Cons
Long, work holidays and weekends
I worked for Enterprise for 3 years in an in house position with insurance support. Eventually moving to work at home for the contact center also doing insurance support. Work like balance was great in this role. No guilt for using personal time. Very flexible. Obtaining daily goals. I really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
work life balance, paid time off, flexibility
The work life balance has always been seen as an area to improve on, whoever lately the balance is very bad and keeps getting worse. Compensation Is great and we have great people that work for the company at all levels. The CEO of the company is fantastic!
Enterprise is a great job for people who just graduated out of college. Here I got to learn so much about the ins-and-outs of business. It's really long hours but were 21 again, I would definitely make my start there.
Pros
Experience, happy hours, 401k, people
Cons
Quick interview processGood trainingWork is straight forward and system is easy to navigateManagement is profession approachable and fun.Coworkers supported me and each otherTakes health and safety measures seriouslyShifts were flexibleLots of gooddddd hours and overtime
Pros
Lunch and transportation
Cons
None yet ;p
It's a job until I can do. Better I'll find me a better job where they treat you better and really care who works hard for the company the most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid
I quite enjoyed working there at first. Friendly, respectful co-workers, good hours, a pleasure. Then got laid off for virus. Management offered to go to another branch during lay off {branch closed} but could`nt make extra commute, Came back when store reopened in Oct but felt outcast even during holidays. Got called to managment for first time sick implied I could`nt do job. Don`t know if it was my age, did`nt fit in with energetic younger staff [most in 20s], eventually forced to resign after out of context,exaggerated, set up complaints without warning of problems{coincidence? all within weeks before i resigned}. Don`t tell me all`s well {you`re appreciated} if it`s not. Discuss issues/problems for solutions before putting to paper write up. mostly good people. I was a good worker, friendly, helpful, courtious, very few Human issues{ill or late}and ready to do extra to help. Their Loss
Pros
Mostly good, friendly people
Cons
Managment lacking common sense and keeping cleaners supplied
Sorry I ever went to work for enterprise . Poor managers, . How they make more money selling their used cars than by renting them is very suspicious.
Pros
Cons
Too long to list
I have been a manager in the car rental industry over 25 years. This company doesn't care about customers or subordinates. No moral values, their mantra is my way or the highway. When there's a customer dispute they handle it by calling the police to remove them even if the customer is RIGHT!! SHADY MANAGEMENT. THEY NEVER HAVE PROPER CAR CLASS FOR RESAVATIONS, BOOK A FULL SIZE TAKE A COMPACT OR SMALL SUV MAYBE A MINIVAN,CRAZY!!!
Good until i got furloughed. Pay is good. You will wash cars suit or not! Needs more car preps. Some good management and some that speak well to get promoted to management
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Work long days
Unless you want to give up your personal life take the job. Upper management does not protect employees. Lots of pressure to up sale extra products from management that you know the customer does not need. Little opportunity for advancement because it has the structure of a pyramid.
Cons
Work long hours & very little room for advancement
Can be a really cool place to work. Advancement is easy. You must be comfortable with cleaning cars, something that anyone at the store you’re at will have to do at some point. Customer service is top priority.
Heavy workload for the below average pay. Little pay for the bad work life balance. Major staffing issues and as result management overworks the employees who do show up. They always over book reservations and this causes car waits and customers to be angry and yell and be abuse to employees.
Pros
They’ll hire anybody
Cons
Bad pay, too much work, no work life balance.