Play YouTube video button

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews

Found 8,714 reviews matching the search See all 9,479 reviews
Featured review
Enterprise Holdings selected this as a representative review
Competitive and Fun enviroment with lots of advancment oppurtunities
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 13, 2018
Fast paced, stay on your toes environment that challenges you personally and teaches you the skills to run your own business. Gives you the training and the tools to teach and motivate your team as you move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, bonus opportunities, professional but relaxed
Cons
longer hours, and weekend hours.
Work hard and reward hard work with more time at work
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 16, 2019
No work life balance with " required" meetings after work to reward you for performing. Easy to move up, but very political. Too conservative. They make you work a full year before you're granted any vacation time. You work 50+ hours. The business professional d Dress code is very strict for this to be such a blue collared job.

Its easy to get trapped. Get out while you can.
Pros
honestly, nothing
Cons
work life balance
Great Company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
This company will teach you how to run a business. They show you how to work ARs, how to set expectations with customers and how to look at P&Ls. This company is great.
You better know how to sell!
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
At the end of the day, you better know how to sell and be confident about it. Don't expect to go far unless you can sell and be friends with everyone!
Great Spring Board to advance your career
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 16, 2019
You will work long hours and deal with stressful situations, however it is all worth it at the end. You gain a lot of experience and knowledge. You do have the ability to make a lot of money with Enterprise and there is a lot of room for career growth. If it doesn't work out then finding another job should come easily.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Cons
difficult to manage work/life balance
Good Experience
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJanuary 16, 2019
You will work a lot, but learn a lot and gain valuable experience. Once you become a branch manager the money is good and you get really good benefits including a car.
Pros
company car
Cons
hours, stress, work/life balance
Very fun to work & fast pace but very stressful.
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I have been with enterprise for almost 3 months & i still enjoy working here. It is very fast paced mostly on Monday’s & Friday’s so be ready to work quite a lot. Management can sometimes be real uptight & be smart with you if it’s not clean within 6-8 minutes. But overall, pretty good management!
Pros
Hours, Drive & Clean nice cars.
Cons
Pay, Benefits, More understanding management.
Porter
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Steger, ILJanuary 15, 2019
a normal work day was chill i didn't learn much from washing cars the management was not there enough the workplace culture was like a cool high school the job wasnt hard it was mostly washing cars
Great starting position, but many cons too
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 15, 2019
I have been working for enterprise for 1 year (February will make 1 year). “Customer service is our way of life” they say, but if you don’t get the numbers they expect you to, forget about that customer service BS. It’s supposed to be one of their founding values, but they want you to do all that all the while over charging customers, making them spend more than what their insurance policy covers, and EVEN IF your customer service is ON POINT, you don’t miss a day of work, and bring customers back, if you’re not pushing for car sale leads, corporate leads, charging customers for coverages they don’t need or catching customers who have higher policy limits per day, you can say goodbye to a promotion.

They rank you based mostly on numbers and leads. I never have customers coming back with issues from me, yet I’m ranked bottom 10 on the matrix. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, as we all had to do the same thing and they made the job more enjoyable, but if you’re not the type of person to put sales over service, enterprise isn’t going to cut it. I get told I have to “be selfish and hustle” to get better numbers, all because of THEIR ranking calculations. Most people ranked high on this matrix aren’t always ethical in their sales process. I don’t mind a competitive sales environment, but I’d rather be in a company that if FAIR and I’m actually passionate in what I’m selling to people.

And god forbid you call out unexpectedly because you’re not feeling good. Business before personal care, work life balance, and helping customers save money. That’s
  more... what I’ve learned from this company. I’m not about that comporate life CLEARLY.  less
Pros
You meet some good people, learn managing a business
Cons
Sales over service, business over employees, burn out
Good start to a career
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Enterprise is a great place to begin your professional career. It can teach numerous office skills that are required in your professional life.

It can however be very stressful with very long hours, having to be in the heat/rain/cold/etc often.
Pros
Benefits/Bonuses
Cons
Stress, hours
Long Hours
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 14, 2019
If you can make it past the long hours, you'll do just fine. There are plenty of advancement opportunities if you feel like sticking around for a little over a year. The work week is grueling but you are rewarded in the end with options if you can make yourself stand out

Want to know more about Enterprise Holdings?

Ask a question
Great place to learn, work a lot for little pay.
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2019
Working at Enterprise is a great experience. You learn how to run a smart, profitable business. That being said you are expected to work a ton of hours for little pay. There are a lot of advancement opportunities but you will be expected to move.
Pros
Great place to learn, structure
Cons
Work-Life Balance, hours, pay
Excellent Company Culture
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 14, 2019
The employees are treated extremely well. The culture is laid back, good work is rewarded, and management is flexible. Overall, great work experience.
n/a
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2019
very fast pace environment. work balance isn't the best. well it depends what branch you work at. Not a very professional place. A lot of young men and women who graduated college. Some good incentives if you are on top of sales.
Terrible place
VSA (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 13, 2019
I read lots of the reviews by other employees and found situations similar to mine. Working outside in the cold, snow,rain, excessive heat, thunder storms etc.. people blaming one another. Not well organized. I had the experiance where the MT’s were not cleaning the cars well, and then the VSA’s got blamed for the dirty cars. Also some of the employees drove extremely wreklessly. I’m supprised we weren’t in an accident more than once. The pay is low. Many hours. Disorganized. Odd schedule. One employee says do this while the other employee scolds you for doing it. Enterprise is very money greedy. They care more about making a sales commission. Our branche rented some cars that had bald tires, and messed up steering columns. Yet they assured to the customer everything is fine with the car. They don’t close during incliment weather. Even during a power outage. They don’t provide the VSA’s with correct cleaning supplies. The vacuum cleaner heads are too bulky to fit in between the seats, so that part never gets cleaned properly. They expect the VSA’s to clean the cars quickly. But how do you clean a really dirty car in a short amount of time? It’s not possible. Sometimes the cars get rented and they are still dirty with mud on the carpet and stains in the seats, and the interior of the car smells bad. I can’t believe people would rent some of these cars.
Pros
Good health benefits, dental, vision, prescription medication.
Cons
Look at the review
Great place to work if you can afford the extra time
Assistant Branch Manager/Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Enterprise is a company that rewards hard work and time spent. Unfortunately that time is upwards of 55 hours a week with nights and weekends depending on where you work. It is a very competitive culture, but it also a culture built on reputations earned, whether they are an accurate representation or not.
Great
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 13, 2019
Great job for anyone just getting out of college looking to get into the faced paced world of car rentals plenty of room for advancement within the company
Pros
drive nice cars
Cons
late nights
Character
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 12, 2019
Plenty of character is given in all u do as team players we are very hard workers we get our jobs done. If u dont want to work dont apply here this place is constant and very fast paced.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Some negative workers
A big corporation that doesn’t care about the little guys.
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2019
One of those corporations that is part of the reason nobody has any work ethic in today’s day and age. No reward for working hard, takes forever to get a raise, managers don’t like getting hands dirty and properly handling situations in workplace.
Cons
No benefits, no reward for working hard.
Lots of hours
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 11, 2019
Learned a lot with this particular position. Great first job getting out of college. Problem was the work weeks were based on a 48 hour work week to make a very average salary. Lots of dishonest salespeople got old as well.
Pros
Great first job
Cons
Hours and pay
Sick Time
Managment Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2019
During the last month of my employment I was able to take my 8 days worth of paid sick day known as choice time but the manager was discouraging me and asking me not to take this because I would get them paid out as I did not at the end of my employment.

This was easily $800 worth that I could have taken but they did not allow to happen. At this company they do not care about you personally and it is all about the numbers to get promoted.
Pros
Discount, Culture
Cons
Hours, Cut throat money driven, Numbers driven

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
43.1K
32.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Enterprise Holdings.

Powered by Comparably