Play YouTube video button

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 10,434 reviews
Featured review
Enterprise Holdings selected this as a representative review
Competitive and Fun enviroment with lots of advancment oppurtunities
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 13, 2018
Fast paced, stay on your toes environment that challenges you personally and teaches you the skills to run your own business. Gives you the training and the tools to teach and motivate your team as you move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, bonus opportunities, professional but relaxed
Cons
longer hours, and weekend hours.
good an bad
Management assistant, QB of office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2019
somedays can be good some can be bad its all about location and the people you work with some will make you want to quit and others will make you feel like family you just have to know if its for you. long very long hours if you love being able to have a life DO NOT APPLY
Its what you make of it
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2019
I would never bash this company simply because ive learned alot about myself during my time there as well as many skills. I would say the structure on promotions should switch up a bit. A person that is working hard should always get a promotion over someone who is at the "right store at the right time"
Sales Rep
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2019
A very nice company to work for. The hours are long and the compensation can be much more attractive. Great benefits however. They only promote within as well.
Was OK to work until we moved
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2019
When I first started 7 years ago it was great. Good people and management. Over the years it started to become bad with managers. Now that we are in a new location it has gotten worse. Employees are treated less than people. Managers run the department based off emotions and not logic. overall I would absolutely never want to work for this company again they don't give employees the chance to advance to anything else except for your current department or another the pay is not really great to the work that we're doing and the upper management seems to only care about the other managers not the employees not a great place as of now
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Pay and management
Staff and customers made it fun, long hours.
Various Sales Positions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2019
typical day was managing staff, 143 cars& trucks, pickups, delivery, inventory, service, cleanliness, scheduling, phones, almost everything you can think to maintain top level customer service.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start your professional career
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2019
I worked at several different Enterprise locations and had numerous job titles. It is a culture that want's it's employees to work to be in a position of promote-ability. The benefits are great and you get what you put into the company. Highly recommend Enterprise a place to work especially for new college graduates.
Pros
You learn how to manage a business/Discounts/Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2019
The training program is excellent and can give a recent graduate the tools they need to advance within the company or take what you have learned and move on.
good company
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2019
I worked at Best Companies (Less than a year)
Pros
great place to work, everyone is nice
Cons
i'm having a hard time figuring it out if there is a con
Fast paced environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2019
Dealing with the public sucks. You have to literally be super nice because enterprise is graded on customer service. Also you are forced to work under stressful conditions because that’s how the rental business works.
Good Short-Term Entry Level Job
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 15, 2019
Nice job straight out of college, not ideal for work/life balance. Stressful at time dealing with customers and expectations of hitting goals. 7-7:30 start time isn't ideal as well.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Cool
Manager Trainee/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Cool company. Great for someone just getting out of college. Pay is okay but not for the amount of work you have to do. Hours are tideous. There is no work life balance. You rarely get any days off it’s pretty much 6 days a week
Service Agent
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
You are required to clean 5.5 cars per hour. On busy days the number of cars you’re required to clean increases, and if you don’t clean the number of cars required, you must say overtime.
Pros
You get a bonus
Cons
The bonus policy is terrible
Over worked, under paid and unappreciated
Rental Manager / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Review summary says enough, as I do not have enough time to write what is really wrong with the place. It would take me all day to write it down on this review.
Only good for recent grads.
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
Enterprise was terrible. You must work over 50 hours to see 45k and you're literally cleaning cars in suits all day. It was the worst job I have ever witnessed.
competitive atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
You can make very good money if you are willing to put in the time and move up the ladder. Expect to works 50 hours +. Great for candidates that are right out of college.
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance
High Volume
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  National Alamo ChicagoOctober 10, 2018
As a lead driver I managed a group of 8 to 14 personal. We returned vehicles for cleaners and staged for next day rental.
Monday morning rentals managed vehicles for Customer pick up and maintained available vehicles stage for rental,clean,damaged and Customer meet and greet.
Pros
Overtime work always busy.
Cons
Hire Quality driver personal.
I learned alot about the company
Shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
Working at enterprise I meet alot of exciting people on my shuttle. Also working with some very intelligent people. I will take the trading I've received to higher level in my life
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay
enterprise work place
Driver, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
you have a lead driver that you travel with everyday and that lead driver calls a dispatcher find out what location of where to pick up a different amount of cars and we pick thoses cars up then the lead driver calls back to the dispatcher and asks where should the cars be drop off at and we thtake the cars to we that location is.
n/a
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
I rather not disclose details about the company . 10-12 hrs days, very stressful. You're dealing with customers that cheap, don't speak English, sly, always want something for nothing.
Good exprience
porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2018
No promotion for porters work there for ten years and was in the same position I started they brought in outside help than rather pay us not a place you want to work in if you are looking to move up in ranks
Pros
No work on weekends
Cons
No promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
43.4K
32.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight