Play YouTube video button

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Found 187 reviews matching the search See all 10,769 reviews
Featured review
Enterprise Holdings selected this as a representative review
Competitive and Fun enviroment with lots of advancment oppurtunities
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 13, 2018
Fast paced, stay on your toes environment that challenges you personally and teaches you the skills to run your own business. Gives you the training and the tools to teach and motivate your team as you move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, bonus opportunities, professional but relaxed
Cons
longer hours, and weekend hours.
Great place to grow
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2019
Enterprise is a great place to learn and grow as a person. It is filled with several challenges which if you are able to overcome them you'll be able to handle any challenge thrown at you
Do not work here
Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2019
Managers are childish and messy.. Employees smoke on clock,, steal time,, n sleep at work and never get in trouble. They pick and choose who to harass and blame things on. DO NOT WORK HERE unless u want to be mistreated and underpaid
Great work atmosphere
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2019
No matter what you do, or what location you visit, you are part of the Enterprise team! Great place to work if you're just looking for a part time job while going to school full time. Great place for advancement and or change in job position within the company. Full time employment is even better, and the benefits are good. Great work/life balance no matter the position.
Productive and long days at work. Merit based
Car Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2019
Management oriented
workplace culture is fun and friendly
a typical day at work involved being on the phone, contacting clients and bringing them to the office to talk about their needs to purchase the vehicle.
fun work place
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2019
not enough work life balance
treat employer well
enjoyed my time at eEnterprise but I had small baby at the time didn't have that work life balance I was looking for
Enterprise was a good work environment, the older employees will always step in to show you the right way to do things. very safe place.
Detail Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2019
Enterprise was a good work environment, the older employees will always step in to show you the right way to do things. I work place was a safe place.
Great Company Experience Comes Down to Management
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2019
Enteprise is a great company.
You will work a ton, but you will also be rewarded the more effort you put into it.
I guess you can say you really get out what you put in.
Your overall experience will be tied to your personal effort and also your direct manager.

People don't leave this company they leave their managers.
Terrible Employee Development
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2019
When I first started with the company retention rates were great and the concern for the employees development was apparent. Let's just say retention is terrible now. There is no work and personal life balance. Enterprise is not the ideal job for one with a family. Enterprise use to be a company that celebrated their employees and accomplishments but that slowly dwindled away. Very stressful work environment. Customer's place their issues on you, coworkers get burnt and ultimately stop doing their jobs, upper management dismisses issues and does not have your back, and you still have your own personal issues to tend to. Ability to promote is more political than based off performance. Enterprise is always conveniently under staffed to save on personnel expense at the expense of their employees. I was constantly working through lunches but if I ever asked to leave early due to personal matters or working through my lunch there was an issue. Not too many minorities in upper management but there are a lot that work for the company.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
hours, upper management, under staffed, poor culture, work life balance
Not a good place to work.
Remarketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2019
Bottom line based company that doesn't care about there employees.
Not a very good work/life balance and management only cares about profit. The employees are overall good but management is terrible.
Pros
Employees
Long Hours
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2019
If you can swallow your pride that you graduated college and now you find yourself vacuuming out rentals with your tie on when it's 110 degrees outside then Enterprise is for you. The hours are long at approximately 60-80 hrs per week, however the bonus and base pay is competitive.
Pros
Base Pay, Bonus, Management
Cons
Long Hours
n/a
Customer Service, Sales, Finance and Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
As a Management Trainee, you’ll start learning our business from day one while based out of one of our neighborhood branches. You will be entrusted to serve as both the face of Enterprise to customers and partners and the behind-the-scenes operational expert. In our structured program, you will master the knowledge and skills you need to eventually run your own branch, cultivate new business and develop your team.

In our hands-on learning environment, you will receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful. You will also get out into the community and establish the relationships essential to building your own business.

We’ll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales and marketing, finance, and operations. And you’ll learn what it means to always put our customers first. Ours is a culture of friendly competition, which is critical to growing our business — and your success.
Good job out of college
City Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2019
Supervised seven managers, fifteen+ inside sales and forty-five support staff. Piloted all business growth initiatives, daily operations management, and sales force development for two major markets for a leading automotive rental, leasing, and sales provider. Consistently exceeded set goals in assigned territory, including leads and strategy development, prospecting, client relationship management, and acquisition and management of business-to-business accounts. Provided long- and short-term business planning, fleet planning, automotive purchasing, budget management, and conducted union negotiations.
Pros
Training and job advancement
Cons
Work life balance
Productive work place that helps you develop skills
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2019
Fast paced environment that makes you think,and act on the spot. You also develop management and leadership qualities. hardest part of the job is making sure you accommodate everyone's needs but that can be the most rewarding part of the job knowing that you went above and beyond to make the customer happy.
Agent
Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
Management showed little back end support on the busy days. Instead of hiring extra workers, they send the Management Trainee's to help & they give little to no effort when it comes to assisting the agents.
Pros
Pay Bonuses
Cons
Management could be better
Good stepping stone to another career
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2019
This was a good experience overall. You can get a lot out of ERAC if you know how to look for teh resources.
Great work experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
I loved working for ERAC. This was on of the best experiences that I have every had. I felt like a mini CEO. Many of the tools learned here were applicable many years later when I acquired my Master's Degree.
Good start to a career
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Enterprise is a great place to begin your professional career. It can teach numerous office skills that are required in your professional life.

It can however be very stressful with very long hours, having to be in the heat/rain/cold/etc often.
Pros
Benefits/Bonuses
Cons
Stress, hours
Great place to transition from college to work.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Enterprise Rent-A-Car teaches valuable lessons regarding customer service and management. If you are a student or recent graduate I recommend Enterprise as a first-job out of college.
horrible job
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2018
horrible job. sales over service. they can have you working a month straight 7 days (12 hours a day) and nobody would care. children are managing the company which causes them to lose so much business
Pros
Cons
every single thing. this is not a real job. turn down this offer if one is made
good job but they dont treat there employees very well
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
good job but I didn't want to dedicate my life to car rentals. I could have made if high in the company but decided that I wanted to get a job I was truly passionate about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight