Enterprise Holdings
65Average

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager647 reviews
United States647 reviews
A typical day is almost 12 hours long, without the guarantee of a lunch break. The staff can be enjoyable, if you get along with everyone. If there is someone you don't get a long with, you better believe you'll feel like you're back in high school. There is little to no work life balance, even though that is supposedly one of the company's personal matras. Everyone pretends to be a manager. You will only climb the corporate ladder if you happen to find yourself surrounded by supervisors who take a personal interest in you.
Pros
awards events
Cons
no work life balance
You meet some awesome people there but work life balance is definitely a struggle. You will definitely learn a lot and be challenged in many different ways.
Thank you Enteprise for laying me off due to COVID 19, because now I have a job that I don’t have to give my soul to making more money.
Ok job right after college, assuming you’re single and have lots of energy. Hours were awful, I’d never been so tired in my life. Ethics in the company do not exist, people will do anything to get promoted. They laid off their most loyal employees during Covid
Pros
Healthcare, looks good on resume
Cons
Work life balance, pay, job security, ethics, you have to be popular to be promoted
Coworkers typically were great to work with. Often had hostile/odd customers coming in. The way you advanced through your the company had a lot to do with store numbers that you aren’t in control off as a trainee which is irritating. Advancement can sometimes just be luck of the draw based on which location you end up working for. Work/life balance is non existent
Pros
Days go by quickly
Cons
Work/life balance, advancement
It was a wonderful place to work if you don't mind 60-80 hour weeks as a manger. The company and admin itself does little to support your branch when in need. The group I was in did not provide any training for airports or National Alamo locations. No support from from remote workers overseeing fleet numbers and class bookings. You are constantly overbooked no matter what and will not receive promised help from upper management when needed.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Worked an average of 70 hours a week for a year +
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good company to work for with good benefits. Pay not all that great considering the hours you have to put in and the amount of cars you'll need to wash in a suit.
Pros
Good discounts on rental cars
Cons
Long hours, washing cars in suits
Long hours long hours long hours. Did i mention long hours? 48-50 hour work weeks. You get paid hourly so the time and a half is nice but it is all included in your “salary”. They’ll tell you you’ll make $40,000 a year but really it’s around $16/hr + overtime pay 8-10 hours a week. Not complaining, but its not what i was sold when i started the job.
It was a very productive work environment where teamwork is valued. The hardest part was the work life balance. If you are willing to put in the time to learn and understand what it takes to become successful in the industry then you can go a long ways.
If you are willing to move at the drop of a hat and work many many hours over the normal 60 hrs a week you will do well and promote quickly. This is a great job for single new grads
Be prepared to work long hours. The company does offer advancement but the company's major push is to get people who just graduated college in to fill open positions.
A typical day would be to handle travelers flying in from other states and countries making sure that we met their requirements to the best of our abilities.
What they don't tell you is your life is not yours anymore. Start you off great making $18 per hour as a trainee. Then you move into management and go down to $15 an hour, but now you are bonus eligible. 52 hours is the minimum hours per weekwweek, but expect to be there more like 60 hours
I do like the company but it does sell you the “dream”. It is a great stepping stone to a better career. If you can reach assistant branch manager level i suggest look for better jobs afterward.
The diversified environment made it possible for a fun-friendly environment. The long hours in the cold and rain while dressing professional instilled handwork and perseverance. And doing a lot of job duties such as washing cars to showing people to the car. The business side showed me how to deal with conflicts, advertisement and selling. The management of time and being able to handle everyday situations in a efficient mannor.
All I'm saying is Schwab paid me double after a year there. I would say don't trust anyone there. The system is based on the individual and they only look out for themselves.
Pros
Movement to other positions
Cons
House. People. Trust issues.
Some day will be longer than others, but what keeps you motivated is the bonuses. You will be washing cars throughout the day, and providing customer service to customers.
Great company and great people to work with. Benefits are comprehensive and lots of room to advance for those that work hard. Long hours and you will likely get dirty at times but I loved the job and my work family.
Enterprise was a blessing and a curse. Definitely a sales driven job but they definitely helped provide all the necessary tools and guidance should you ever ask for it. Their DOORS were always open. You are definitely valued if you can produce sales but if you were a decent seller but emphasized customer experience over profits then you were frowned upon because at the end of the day Enterprise is running a business and upper management wants their production goals exceeded always. Ultimately, Enterprise is a great spring board to other opportunities but unless you value your work over your family Enterprise is a place for singles not for families due to the long hours for the amount of pay. Honestly the amount of work we did and the hundreds of hats we had to wear everyday they should pay their employees more but that's my opinion. They definitely prepare you for everything should you move on to another management opportunity because their training in sales and customer service is top notch.
I love Enterprise for the environment that the close net staff offered at you local branches along with the easy communication among the other surrounding branches. It was challenging enough to be engaging and yet not so challenging that you ever felt overwhelmed. This company is dedicated to only advancing employees with in the company instead of hiring Management titles from outside the company. It has very good benefits and retirement programs. The only problem area is that to move up in the company you have to be very good at sale, which can help or hurt employee's chances of being promoted.
As a white straight male, I felt I was looked over for promotions. This job was very stressful and not worth the pay. They say you'll work 48 hours a week but it is closer to 50-60 hours. My advise, work there for a year to get the experience and look for a new job. Don't drink the green Kool-Aid.
Great pay, training, benefits. Great sales and management experience. Super secure job; only getting fired if you are unethical. However, work life balance and long term incentives are shaky.

Work week consists of 12+ hour days, sometimes no break, for about 6 days a week. Weekday hours tend to be 6:45am arriving -7:30pm leaving. Many stores are being changed to having 7am-7pm weekend hours. the higher the position, the less balance, is what I've seen and heard. I've heard some managers having to work for 27+ days straight. Based on the 100+ employees I've known/spoken to, work life tends to be in the "too much time at at work" spectrum.

The only thing going for the position is pay. If you like getting paid good money, you can stay with this career and make six figures in under 4 years, and much more in under 10. But to make it there, you have to be cold blooded. You have to do whatever it takes to sell. You've got to "shake hands and kiss babies". I've seen this trend of success to only lie in those who aren't the nicest or good-hearted, in my (very) personal opinion.

It seems as if those in the corporate side of the business may be better off, with better work hours and job environment. But I can't say for certain. May be the best path to take if you aren't sales driven?

I learned a lot from Enterprise, but for those interested, you'll do great if you like to work hard and are great at sales. Otherwise, you'll find yourself very fatigued and disappointed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K
Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Career recommendations for Assistant Manager
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more