Play YouTube video button

Enterprise Holdings Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 691 reviews matching the search See all 10,623 reviews
Featured review
Enterprise Holdings selected this as a representative review
Competitive and Fun enviroment with lots of advancment oppurtunities
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 13, 2018
Fast paced, stay on your toes environment that challenges you personally and teaches you the skills to run your own business. Gives you the training and the tools to teach and motivate your team as you move up in the company.
Pros
Pay, bonus opportunities, professional but relaxed
Cons
longer hours, and weekend hours.
Good part time job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 4, 2019
Not demanding relaxed pace low pay. Perfect for retirees looking for something to do and packet change. Could be a good first job. Advancement is possible should this line of work be appealing to you.
Terrible supervision and management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 1, 2019
Cons-
No standard for productivity, very inefficient management. Some employees are allowed to work with little to no productivity while others are subtly pushed to make up the difference. No incentives to retain good employees.

Pros-
You are allowed to take as many unpaid days off as you want. This is a perfect position for a retired person.
Exciting place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 29, 2019
Enterprise is an exciting place to work and the people are great to work with. Our Supervisors are good to work for and they are all very knowlegable obout there job.
Pros
55% Discount on car rental & $1000.00 Off on car purchases.
Cons
Not knowing who you will be working with, not have a quit time and not knowing where you are going.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJune 28, 2019
Productive and fun working with the manager and other drivers. Delivered Rental Cars to the Upper Peninsula. Enjoyed several makes and models of autos
Service Agent/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 28, 2019
I was a car Prep, working with cleaning cars and parking them. Pick up and drop off customers at their destation. Service agent , I have great customer service
Good for temporary job
Part Time Driver (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJune 27, 2019
This is a good place to work for a part time job or for students who are looking for work over the summer. It is a laid back work environment with excellent management.
Not difficult
Driver (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 24, 2019
moving rental cars to the different locations. not hard at all.
There isnt a boss looking over your shoulder either. Most of the vehicles are air conditioned
Great group of men and women.
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Bridgewater, MAJune 24, 2019
Love working there. My job hired me as part time, but days are getting longer and longer. It is nit what I signed up for. If I had to work longer on a given night I would not mind. It is starting to be every other and at times every night. Sometimes, a person needs a change - just for change!
If this does not work out for me, I would try something else. But I would seek another position within first, before making any decisions.
Proactive
Enterprise- Driver (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 21, 2019
A good place and company to work for!
Relaxed. Friendly people
A lot of fun
Driving a different cars to a different places everyday
I learned a lot about new places
A fun place to work and very fast paced.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78719June 21, 2019
A fun place to work. Very fast paced but everyone worked together. Driving all of the different cars was fun. Running them through the wash was fun too.
Productive and fun place to work at
Car Prep/Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 19, 2019
Easy job to pick up on and very friendly and helpful staff. management is very approachable and very understanding. Hardest part of the job is to remember where to park the car to match the mileage.
Work ethic is appteciated but unnoticed on many occasions
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJune 19, 2019
Lot of wasted time due to lack of communication, vocabulary can be very offensive. Perfect job for retirees who are looking for extra monies. The ability to have time off if needed is a plus
This COULD BE good,but it's BAD!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 19, 2019
Hired part-time,we were required to work 3.5 days a week! But in reality only able to work one or two days a week,consistently for the past three months,and it fluctuates. Saturday work is rare,and it's only for half a day. This job is by far the easiest job I've ever had and at times I do enjoy my job,because I never know what kind of car I'm driving or where I am driving it to. BUT, the downfall is NOT knowing if I'm going to get called in everyday...and that is stressful for anyone!
Pros
different car EVERYDAY...different city EVERYDAY!
Cons
not knowing if you're going to be called in to work
Productive work place with a fun and welcoming environment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216June 19, 2019
I love working for Enterprise! I have a wonderful boss who listens to his employees and treats them with respect. I also love the opportunity to travel with the job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  1800 W Watkins St, Phoenix, AZ 85007June 17, 2019
Working for entreprise has been a awesome experience for . I've ejoy driving as a job and delivering new cars everyday, ive learned to value safety precautions dealing with new vehicle's
Pros
Discount on car buying and rentals
Cons
Drive time differs
Unreasonable management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 17, 2019
Management is unreasonable. Not very flexible. Hard place to work and stay working. If you're looking for a steady job with good income this is not it.
Marginal Working Conditions
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  W.Columbia, SCJune 16, 2019
Conditions are on the edge of dangerous. There are trip hazards everywhere. You work outside in the sun/heat and wash in the winter pushing ice back and forth until your fingers are screaming with pain., Supplies are hard to get, and adequate equipment is extremely hard to come by. Annual pay raises are a joke, not even half of the Cola.
Pros
periodic socials
Cons
poor conditions; poor equipment; high tempo for hours without breaks
Very Hit and Miss
Car Prep/Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 16, 2019
Over the 4 years I worked as a Car Prep at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, it was a very mixed bag experience, often driven by your current manager. Turnover was very quick in the office due to the extreme sales pressure and lack of support from other branches. If you had a good manager, things would run smoothly and the office environment was nice. However, you had a bad manager more often than a good one and you'd end up working very long and hard days due to scheduling issues, lack of discipline, and a lack of care from the office staff. I had one manager who wouldn't go into the back to help the preps, even if we had a full lot of dirty cars and a full lobby of angry customers expecting a clean vehicle. However, I also had a manager that let me take off for two months so that I could get research experience over a summer for my degree.

TLDR: Be prepared for a toxic or pleasant office environment. Generally are flexible with students schedules. Try not to get upset over coworkers you don't like, they'll probably quit soon.
Pros
reduced rental costs and vehicle preference
A good job to work if you like to drive and don't need to make a lot of cash.
Rental Car Driver (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTJune 14, 2019
A good company too work for if you like driving a lot. The pay is poor, but co -workers are all friendly and management is pretty decent. A bonus is the fast you get to know the New England region.
Pros
Terrible pay
Cons
learn my routes around New England
The Driver Position isn't difficult overall!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2019
Years ago, I would say that Enterprise was a great company to work for and my driver position was the greatest job I ever had. I got the opportunity to travel across the state and drive a variety of vehicles to auto dealers that purchased used rental cars from the company. Nowadays, the "party" is over and the job lost its luster. Sure, on a day to day basis, the driver position is not a difficult job. All you are doing is moving cars, trucks, and vans of all sizes from point A to point B. But if one is looking for an easy enough job, Enterprise is a good place to apply to, especially if you're a retiree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K
43.4K
32.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight