Enterprise Holdings Culture reviews

Found 1,809 reviews matching the search See all 9,359 reviews
stressful, long hours, competitive
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHNovember 30, 2018
Great job out of college. When you start to advance in your career do know that upper management does have preset candidates for job openings for positions. There is little support if upper managements does not think you are doing a good job. There is no work life balance, be prepared to work very very long hours. You will deal with very difficult customers that are upset because of not being able to add to your fleet when you need them.
Pros
full benefits, retirement, paid time off, competitive
Cons
very stressful, very long hours, no work life balance
In a nut shell
Regional Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaNovember 29, 2018
I grew a lot as a person at Enterprise. They taught me a lot about professionalism and corporate structure. Their promotion polices are not perfect but if you work hard you will definitely get the chance to make more money. There's a lot of really cool people working here. The culture is great but for some positions the compensation is definitely lacking. For me the hardest thing about this job was simply that its a for profit business that doesn't really help anyone. This job provides a service or need but not a life changing one.
hard working place
Return agent (Former Employee) –  washNovember 29, 2018
learned to deal with a huge corporation with lack of management presence, workplace culture was work till your 8hrs till you're done, rest and do it again the next day. I enjoyed the paychecks.
My coworkers and I tried to make the job as fun as we could, sometimes It was impossible with a total of 1,300 customers rushing in on our busy days, but we did it with the outmost professionalism you can imagine.
Pros
endless amount of walking
Cons
endless amount of walking
great work place culture
Accounting clerk/title clerk (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSOctober 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with they are all amazing and we have great comradery. I have been promoted twice while here. They gave me a chance when the odds were not in my favor and let me prove myself as a dependable and highly productive employee. They have not let my talents go to waste where other companies never gave me the chance because of my lack of experience in certain areas. They believed in me when no one else did.
Pros
workplace culture and co-workers
Cons
compensation is not adequate for work load
Poor work life balance but fun environment
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Enterprise is a great job for recent college graduates, opportunity for growth and advancement is available if you are competitive in sales and work hard. There is not much time when it comes to work life balance, especially if you are promoted to an airport location where 12 hour days are the norm. I would not advise working here if your social calendar is important to you , or you value time more than money. However, if you are money motivated and have no family or social life this is a great fit for you ! (MOST Management is awesome)
Pros
Free food
Cons
Work life balance
Challenging
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 14, 2018
Great company to work for if you need money immediately out of college. I've worked with great colleagues and I've worked with not so great colleagues. Must have thick skin when problem solving for irate customers. Sales heavy culture. If your sales skills come naturally to you this is an ideal job for you, however if sales is not your strongest skill I'd suggest exploring other options. It is critical for your career growth to have a high sales performance while not compromising customer service.
Pros
Good insurance, Company happy hours, roadmaps for promotions, training experience, and leadership roles available
Cons
Long hours, No Tuition Assistance
Not good
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 2, 2018
Being a return agent is non-stop. I never got a lunch break, and rarely received help from management when the garage got busy. The culture was dirt-poor, as many of the drivers were uncooperative and the garage manager was one of nastiest women I've ever met. There were never breaks, and I only enjoyed working with one co-worker.
Pros
cheap rentals, if you ever got time to use them
Cons
very inflexible schedule, long hours, no breaks
Great Start
Car Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2018
Great company to build personal confidence. They will teach you the art of hardwork, customer service, running a business and sales. The hardships that come with this company stem from ineffective management, favoritism, lack or work/life balance and not always providing its employees with the tools they need to be successful.
Pros
Promote frow within, competitive entry level pay, management training
Cons
Work/life balance, management pay, weak upper manangement
Friendly fast pace highly competitive
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 26, 2018
Fast pace fun and friendly environment
Coach and develop future leaders in our industry
Developed a sales culture to improve the overall profitability of the branch
Responsible for growing sales in an assigned territory
Build relationships with current and potential clients
Maintain monthly sales and marketing reports regarding current and prospective business
Logistically support and maintain over 300 vehicles in fleet for safety of our customers
Manage payroll of the branch interview and hire new management trainees
Inspired others to meet and exceed expectations on a daily basis through my own enthusiasm and energy
Executed customer focus strategies, polices and programs as measured by customer satisfaction ESQi
Not for me
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 23, 2018
The long hours and work are only worth it if you want to make it a career. You'll know after 6 months honestly. You' ll received great training but WORK LIFE BALANCE SUCKS! And no matter how long you are with the company you will be doing every job (washing cars, branch manager, area manager, etc) in the branch including your own with no extra compensation
Pros
great work environment, competitive, great benefits
Cons
competitive, Work life balance sucks
Fantastic company to jumpstart your career
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Stone Park, ILDecember 8, 2018
Great community with great culture. Diversity is huge within in the company and work environments are suitable for every one. Your success is based on how well you work and mitigate others in order to achieve the ultimate goal each month. Huge negative is your overall responsibilities in not conducive with the amount of time spent and pay level.
Definitely a grind, but can be worth it
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2018
Everyone will mention the work/life balance, but you honestly accomplish so much in one day. It is a grind but you're in it together with your team. Great benefit options, and PTO. You do learn alot besides selling protections, but what you do learn there can ultimately take you in so many directions after. You make quality connections with the people around you in and out of Enterprise, and the day goes by fast.
Pros
Relationships with coworkers, competitive pay, good PTO/Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance, Management depending on the area you're in
Outstanding Culture, Long Term Growth
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 5, 2018
For the people who stick with Enterprise and perform at a high level to get promoted, this is a fantastic company. Nobody should go in expecting immediate advancement without hard work, so work ethic and drive to succeed is critical. The opportunities and the mentorship are outstanding, and the company culture is built on loyalty and performance.
Pros
Great culture, promote from within, significant training
Cons
Some opportunity in compensation and benefits areas
No work/life balance and unethical sales tactics.
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 5, 2018
The minimum amount of working hours per week was 49 and using vacation days was extremely frowned upon. The office seemed to always need an additional employee to be hired but the nature of the company is to work less employees harder instead of hiring someone additional. The company was also ran with a cut-throat sales mentality that breaded unethical sales tactics used by employees in order to get ahead. This was not the job for me.
Cons
Rare lunch breaks, no work/life balance, cut-throat sales expectations
High accountability and fun place to work
Director of Sales / Northern Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2018
My typical day included supporting/leading the sales and admin team. I learned a tremendous amount in my role as the Director of Sales from managing/motivating people to make sure they hit sales quota's, networking, client relationships, etc... Enterprise has a terrific culture that primarily consisted of working hard and rewarding hard work through compensation and various reward mechanisms. The most challenging aspect of the position was recruiting/finding top talent when the need to fill a sales and/or admin position came up. The most rewarding part of my job was developing each individual and seeing them succeed in their respective roles and the impact their success had on their personal lives.
Pros
promotional opportunites and compensation
Cons
pressure to relocate every 3-5 years
Can be stressful at times
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 29, 2018
During the busy seasons we would tend to be short on cars, which didn't help our customers attitudes after they'd been traveling all day. It was fun to be able to do different things throughout the day, if you want to be busy you definitely have options. Management was uncoordinated and seemed burnt out, but I have lifelong friends with most of them. It's a good place to work if you're in school, but not a pleasant career.
Work hard and get rewarded
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 3, 2018
Enterprise is not for everyone, but if you are self motivated and willing to work hard you can be successful. There are a lot of “politics” involved with promotions, but if you perform well enough you will force the decision makers to consider you. Work life balance can be difficult due to the long hours, but it’s better than being on call or not knowing what shift you will be working. Anyone who works at Enterprise will leave a better employee at whatever they choose to do next. The best part of working for Enterprise is the relationships that you make with those around you.
Pros
Pay structure, company car for Managers and above, great training, great experience, the people you work with
Cons
A lot of hours worked, most days are stressful and long, some managers can micromanage you
Fast Paced work hard reward hard work.
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 14, 2018
Enterprise is a great career to start your professional career. You will work long hours but you will learn so much to prepare you for your next career. This is and ideal position for first time graduate that is single and willing to relocate to advance your career to the next level. Please be prepared to work hard and put the time in to be successful. You are in charge of your own career so seek out mentors and colleagues who have a proven and successful track record. Be very competitive and be sales driven and you will go far in the company.
Pros
Company car, run your own branch, meet great people
Cons
long hours, tough work-life balance.
Really Great Company to work for in the business world
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 30, 2018
Enterprise Holdings is one of the best companies I have worked for to train and develop my skills in management, accounting, teamwork, and training/development of other personnel.
Pros
Teamwork, Accounting Skills, Travel Opportunities, Culture, Great place to work, and great pay.
Cons
Low Promotion Opportunities
Excellent place to begin your career
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 22, 2018
The training you receive is unmatched, the people you meet will become your best friends, the environment is fun and competitive. The hours are longer than most but the compensation is fair. If you are willing to work hard, you will succeed and move up quickly.
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Cons
Work/life balance could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enterprise Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Enterprise Holdings.

Powered by Comparably