Entertainment Cruises Employee Reviews

Great team enviornment
Personal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2018
The great part was that the workplace did care about what happens to you. The manager I had was poor, but other than that I did enjoy selling tickets and the way customers and employees were handled and appreciated.
Pros
Got discounts on tickets and food along the pier
Cons
If you get stuck with a bad manager thiers not much one can do
Great Place, Terrible Teamwork
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea Piers, NYDecember 20, 2018
Working here was fun for me on a normal day, ONLY if certain workers were there. I don't know if its the way we're trained or just bad management, the workers that have been there for more than a couple months automatically feel like they can boss around others. Manifests are handed out to every server and bartender but none of the server assistants, who are the ones who do most of the work for the servers. If you're employed as a server assistant, you do two jobs for the price of one and servers rip you off when they tip you out for the day. Management isn't the best on the NY boat. There's two on board the entire cruise, yet somehow its always chaos between how to set up or where, if theres any supplies missing (always is), and who's working on which deck. Long story short, its a great place to work if you don't let those "older" workers take advantage of you and if you work on a different boat.
Pros
Great View
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2018
The work & cruise was very refreshing until people stop coming into work on your shift leaving you stuck with two other people job 7 not there pay for the agoning that you have to go thru
Pros
The boat ride was great
Cons
You can loose your job very quickly especially if you dont' know all the details
Fun, exciting, sailing.
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2018
Fun, entertaining environment. A place to create special memories. All ages can enjoy the sailing, dining & dancing experience. Guests enjoy being able to go out on deck to enjoy the air & views.
Marine Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2018
Have you do to much for what you not getting paid to do boats are poorly taken care of and they don’t treat they crew as they should and the way they talk to people is rude
Wonderful company to work for.
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2018
Entertainment Cruises is more of a family type business,we eat together, party together at the proper time and I truly love working for the company, besides management is awesome as well.
Pros
You get to cruise for free as well as seeing the city in all it's glory.
Cons
There really are none to me.
Great establishment
Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
learned how to work with a variety of people. the management team was very helpful whenever needed they were very supportive. this is a fast past all around fun company with many benefits (outings, events, etc.)
Restaraunt Supervisor
RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Working for Entertainment cruises is a great experience. It expresses, diversity, culture and inclusion at its best. It is a fun filled atmosphere, which great opportunities to learn and develop socially and professionally.
Exciting, Fun Character building
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2018
If you love cooking , cruising on water,music ,lake Michigan and don't mind staying up late. you'll enjoy working here.Lots of fun creating yummy dishes. they have great benefits. Christmas Parties at Palmer
house hotel downtown Chicago
Pros
eat food that is served
Cons
Can't party with guest
Great productive Environment
Admin Asst/ Guest Services Sup. (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
I love working at Entertainment Cruises. They work place and hours balance so well with my schedule at home. I would recommend hard workers to work here. Its such a great experience.

Want to know more about Entertainment Cruises?

Ask a question
Wonderful Experience
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
Such a wonderful company to work for! Management was very professional in helping all guest needs and going beyond to make sure the guest had a memorable experience.
Entertainment Cruises
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of pre-shift and then we go set up the decks we are using and I have to put out games, the bouquet of roses, rose petals, and candles than after that we are filling up water glasses and polishing plates/ silver wear. then after that, we are ready to board our guest.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, ignorant managers
Grreat company on room t grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
They areva great company however there is no room to grow at all there company has favoritism and indont think thats right all people should be treated the same
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
N/a
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
The job is fun but there’s to much drama. Between the managers and the employees it’s like high school all over again. There’s to much lack of communication and there are managers that will do everything in their power to get you fired for no reason. Also the favoritism in the job is something else.
Each and every cruise was very exciting
Fine Dining Server for "The Bateaux" Cruise Ship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
I loved working at Entertainment Cruises, LCC. My most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests from all over the world. It was great to see how people from different countries were in awe to see the "Statue of Liberty" and all the beautiful sights on the Hudson and East River. The entertainment and food on "The Bateaux" are exquisite.
Pros
very rewarding to see the guests so excited about seeing all the sights on the Hudson and East River
Cons
Getting off the boat very late at night and traveling on the subway
Productive and Fun work place..
Galley Supervisor/ Chef (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 26, 2018
Typical day at work Surprizing daily
I've learned to Manage the Unmanage
Management is Open
Hardest part of my job is Time
Enjoyable part is Happy Guest
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Making time work for the better good.
good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2018
this place was a good place to work. Basic server job but the atmosphere is amazing. No day will be like the other. Company cultire was great and managers were very supportive
Stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
Just wish they paid better and they promote the right people...the supervisors are under trained and know nothing...they have to ask the line cooks daily what needs to be done when they are suppose to be running the show
Very out going and fast learner
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Working with Entertainment Cruise have my ability to become the best cook and well understanding with my accomplishments in my cooking skills, as you'll see on my resume I have the education background,profrssional experience,and fast track and success of my job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
go elsewhere
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2018
Each year they have a "mass hiring week"...why? because they do mass firings. As many as 14 employees in 1 day. The work environment changed during my 6 years here. When I started there were family members working together. Not now...because now no one would want to subject a friend or family to this type of abuse. The elites in management believe that you are theirs to punish. No parking means that oif you make $10.50/ hour you will have to pay out of pocket $20 for the day and if you work a double your car can be towed after 5pm for $250.....with damage. The demands on your time will severe any family bonds and you have to decide if you will give yourself 110%.....14 to 16 to 18 hours in 1 day during the season then, they fire you in mass 2 weeks later.
Pros
Cons
you can ruin your life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.