Entertainment Cruises Employee Reviews

Deserves negative 50 stars!!! High turn over
Sever (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2019
Simply put, overworked, underpaid and clueless managers who were promoted from server to shift manager in one years time. Many of them never had worked service industry before.

Servers beware. Stay were you are and don’t come here. 14 dollar an hour is pitiful for the amount of work you will be doing here. I work at another restaurant and make 20 per hour on average doing way less work. Working for tips > working for set hourly. I could go on and on....

Training is only three days long. Managers are useless and never around to answer questions they are always in the galley and more concerned about handing out food to run then answering new employees questions. Other servers are way too tied up to help you out because they are super short staffed but of course they are. No experienced server in their right mind would stay here. Almost all the shift managers are 25-26 years old and very pretentious and catty. Ladies if you don’t want drama avoid this place cuz your gonna get it. Typical mean girl behavior here from management and some servers.
Cool Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2019
Cool Job Great People But The Lack Of Professionalisms was Crazy. Co workers fighting. No Discipline No Nothing. I Never Worked Somewhere That always have drama
Pros
Always extra hours
Cons
The mess
Gym or figness field
Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2019
I'd like to work in a gym or fitness center on some sort. If I could work somewhere that was weekly that would be a perfect situation. I would like to work where there is growth
Management is over using there authorities
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2019
I’m a quite and well organized person who like structure they didn’t provide that. I was never late alway in uniform never complained and work hard at all times.
A well-oiled machine.
Waiter for the elite (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2019
I was able to get promoted rather quickly from runner to waiter. Staff was nice, but management was new to the service industry. Captain and Chief were great.
Terrible
sales photographer (Former Employee) –  62 Chelsea piersSeptember 3, 2019
Worst job ever .that pretty much sums it up there’s not much I can say about this lame job their pay is wack their hours are wack the managers are wack and even the co workers are terrible ! Wack job don’t do it to yourselves!
Indentured Servant
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2019
Let's be clear management is inconsistent, incompetent, and unprofessional. Work environment is hood and inexperienced. Clientele mostly ghetto and dont tip. Bunch of attitude and only good for beginner bartenders.
Pros
Harbor skyline views
Cons
No breaks, overworked, and unprofessional
Don't lose your time and hair working here
Did it all (Former Employee) –  Worked on multiple vessels like a bossAugust 29, 2019
Very flexible schedules but terrible hiring and training processes. A difficult place to work made harder by lazy and incompetent coworkers and management. Good place to learn basic culinary skills but overall not worth it considering that you'll be doing an unfair amount of the work due to crew mates not caring enough to show up on time or show up at all for that matter.
Server assistant
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2019
They want you to move at fast pace after working an 16hr shift after having to be back the next day. Seen some cooks not use gloves while prepping food. Over worked and under paid. Just a place to get a couple checks from. Never have I've been exhausted until I worked there.
Great company
Second Mate (Former Employee) –  Southwest DCAugust 15, 2019
This was the best job I ever had and the longest. It was lots to learn and lots of room for advancement. They encourage every one to move up in the chain and there is a great view while on the job. We had holiday parties and raffles to win prizes.
Horrible Management && Under-compensated Labor!
Server Assistant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2019
We received lack of respect from the management over and over again. We were constantly given large task that consisted of physical labor with unreasonable timing to complete the task. They will schedule enough staff for a comfortable day of work, but then send half of the staff home earlier in the shift because they claim “we are going over labor” and then at the end of the shift , 5 people are expected to carry 120 chairs off the boat and then to other side of navy pier. (They don’t even tell the incoming staff about the moving of the chairs when they are being hired.) Also we would work doubles shifts from 10AM-12AM and a lot of times we did not eat until 9:30PM. We only had 10-15 minutes to break and that is the same time we use to eat. That’s if there is left over food for us to eat. They don’t dismiss the staff at a reasonable times which leaves those who take public transportation stranded and spending large amounts on Uber’s without being reimbursed in any way. And it DOESN’t OFFER ANY HEALTH BENEFITS!!!!
good crew to work with
Deck Hand (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 7, 2019
good crew to work with, Captains were there to teach you and help you out. Vessels left on time, guests were nice. Work hours were sometimes flexible.
Don't believe the hype
Mate (Current Employee) –  Chelsea Piers, NyAugust 7, 2019
This is an awful company. They lie about everything. The orientation is fake. they tell you a lot about how much they care then you start and see it's dog eat dog. The manager is a pig and I would not recommend anyone work here
Great Part Time
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2019
Great Part time gig but just offer them 1 day and pick up shifts. It’s seasonal so there is a ton of turnover. The returning crew are fun people and will help good workers advance. I witnessed many young hard working bussers advance to server and some to bartenders or even managers.
If your looking for a cruise-like experience job, this is it!
Host / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2019
I have worked with the next best thing to a mini cruise like employment. With the most wonderful staff, exceptional BOH staff and also FOH staff, I can honestly say in the little time I have worked for Entertainment Cruises (Odyssey Boston), that I have a new found love in the Restaurant/Hospitality field. I had never had any complaints based off of my Pay, hours, not staff that was insubordinate, everyone on staff while I was working was complete and friendly. Supreme recommendation for those who are looking for fun and a great customer service work ethic!
Good to have experience but not a good place to work in
DECKHAND AND MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2019
I have worked in Entertainment Cruises for only 7 months as a deckhand. At first, I was helping and being friendly with passengers and maintenance the facilities on the boat. However, working with supervisors is a challenge that I have faced. Some supervisors can be nice and easy on their deckhands but others can be rude and impolite with the passengers. Most of the staff members are childish and can't take their job title seriously. The upper office of this company fires the good working employees than firing the employees who did less effort and being lazy. Management is not organized, there is no structure to help the staff work properly on the cruise. I felt like the mean supervisors are always on my neck while I am focusing on my task the proper way and I always get yelled at for doing something correctly. However, other than the negative opinion, the good part about working here is some of the hard-working staff I have made connections with help me become more confident, more of a leader, more commutative with my co-workers, show my real personality, and being comfortable of expressing myself.
Gun place to work and nice people
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Chelsea Piers, NYJune 28, 2019
Love the people working here, they made everyday fun. Only problem I had was getting paid and making sure my checks were right because every week check were always messed up
Fun workplace
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2019
An enjoyable place to work for the summer months. Salary is mediocre however the benefits included make up for this. Management was always pleasant to deal with.
Great
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2019
Working on the boat was a great experiment the people were so nice and friendly !!! Everybody splitted the tips at night !!! Me personally had no problems in there
Fast, Punctual and Upbeat
Cook & Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2019
Coming in at E.C I had to start all side preps for the guest. Working on a boat was fun but hectic. We had to be on top of the food and ready by the time all guest board the ship. I prepped and also attended the buffet station making sure it was stacked throughout the night till it was time to close it out. Made sure all my areas were clean and neat. Attended all guests needs when they asked for anything. The workplace culture was awesome all team members helped each other no matter what people worked as, we are all a team at the end of the day and we learn something new when being in a different position. The hardest part of the job was when guest weren't on time or the food wasn't on time or when an order wasn't brought in on the ship and we already cruising around the city and nothing else to do. The best part of the job was when we finishes with most of the work we were able to interact with the guest and dance with them and also be able to enjoy the cruise a little.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.