Entertainment Cruises Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Wonderful Experience
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2018
Such a wonderful company to work for! Management was very professional in helping all guest needs and going beyond to make sure the guest had a memorable experience.
Entertainment Cruises
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of pre-shift and then we go set up the decks we are using and I have to put out games, the bouquet of roses, rose petals, and candles than after that we are filling up water glasses and polishing plates/ silver wear. then after that, we are ready to board our guest.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, ignorant managers
Grreat company on room t grow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
They areva great company however there is no room to grow at all there company has favoritism and indont think thats right all people should be treated the same
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
N/a
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
The job is fun but there’s to much drama. Between the managers and the employees it’s like high school all over again. There’s to much lack of communication and there are managers that will do everything in their power to get you fired for no reason. Also the favoritism in the job is something else.
Each and every cruise was very exciting
Fine Dining Server for "The Bateaux" Cruise Ship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
I loved working at Entertainment Cruises, LCC. My most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests from all over the world. It was great to see how people from different countries were in awe to see the "Statue of Liberty" and all the beautiful sights on the Hudson and East River. The entertainment and food on "The Bateaux" are exquisite.
Pros
very rewarding to see the guests so excited about seeing all the sights on the Hudson and East River
Cons
Getting off the boat very late at night and traveling on the subway
Productive and Fun work place..
Galley Supervisor/ Chef (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 26, 2018
Typical day at work Surprizing daily
I've learned to Manage the Unmanage
Management is Open
Hardest part of my job is Time
Enjoyable part is Happy Guest
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Making time work for the better good.
Stressful
Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
Just wish they paid better and they promote the right people...the supervisors are under trained and know nothing...they have to ask the line cooks daily what needs to be done when they are suppose to be running the show
Very out going and fast learner
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Working with Entertainment Cruise have my ability to become the best cook and well understanding with my accomplishments in my cooking skills, as you'll see on my resume I have the education background,profrssional experience,and fast track and success of my job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
go elsewhere
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2018
Each year they have a "mass hiring week"...why? because they do mass firings. As many as 14 employees in 1 day. The work environment changed during my 6 years here. When I started there were family members working together. Not now...because now no one would want to subject a friend or family to this type of abuse. The elites in management believe that you are theirs to punish. No parking means that oif you make $10.50/ hour you will have to pay out of pocket $20 for the day and if you work a double your car can be towed after 5pm for $250.....with damage. The demands on your time will severe any family bonds and you have to decide if you will give yourself 110%.....14 to 16 to 18 hours in 1 day during the season then, they fire you in mass 2 weeks later.
Pros
Cons
you can ruin your life
Sold a bartenders dream - turned into a nightmare
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2018
Hired as a "bartender" - New bartenders are treated as barbacks/support staff to current employees. Service well 3 hours per shift & cleaner/errand boy for 4 hrs.
Not many people walk up to the bar for tips. Server tip-outs are on the honor code - most are OK.
You are given 40+ HRS per week but 1 out of 5 shifts you are cut from. For example, I was "cut" on my 2nd & 6th day after paying $30 for parking - Not exactly the way to keep new employees.
They feed you well - except when your manager doesn't give you a break... which happend last night.

I've had 6 other bartending jobs & it's my least favorite - just not a great place to work.
I lovemy job i tink yu will too its what yu make of it there
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2018
It really fun when for hired at the job you get four tickets two for the spirit of Boston and two for the odessey and whenever you have a day off you can cruise on either boat with onegust using those tickets. At every end of the month they try to give an employee party and you get WOW!!!!!! BUCKS and at the employee parties you can when lots of cool prizes with them.
Pros
Feed yu, parties, and trips
Cons
Their is none
Great for New Bartenders, and Part-time gig
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2018
Really cool place to work, particularly for people new to the industry. Just as with any place there will be issues. But an overall great place to hone you bartending skills and become better.
Pros
Cruise, Guest, Free Food
Cons
Clean up/Reset, Student Cruises
Diverse and fun
Sales and Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
I've been with the company for almost 5 years and i love the company and what they stand for. I would recommend it to anyone i know. You get to interact with new people and be a part of something greater.
Pros
Incentives
Fun, fast paced work environment
Call Center Agent /Reservations (seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
This is a production based job working in the Reservation Center. They measure input and output while you work on their incoming phone calls for new reservations and current ones.
Pros
Chance to do well and reach the top sales volume.
Cons
Sales do not pay commission.
Fun,
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2018
I Got To Experince So Much Working There I Loved It,I Was Only A Diswasher When I Started Making 9.25 ,Before I Left I Was A Line Cook.I Really Enjoyed Working On The Boats
Amazing experience working on the lake every day
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
This job is great for college students. You get great hours, free lunch, and a killer view to top it off. I spent two summers here, and I have nothing bad to say about anyone there.
Pros
Free lunch, great hours, the view
Great co-workers, terrible hours
Lead Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
This was one of the roughest serving jobs I have had...

1) These are long hours. a 3-hour boat ride is actually 6-8 hours for employees (set-up, service, break down), plus they could schedule you for two or three cruises some days.

2) Large sections, on a very large boat... It's near impossible to keep track of the guests you have in your section. Some could be on their floor and other guests explore the whole ship. Impossible to maintain and keep every single guest in your section satisfied.

3) If you're good, they're going to ask you to work 50+ hours a week. It's one thing if you're making money... but there is zero mention of the ZERO GRATUITY to all guests. It is not discussed, it is not even written anywhere... You could easily work a double (12-16 hours) and walk out with only $160, because that's your hourly wage. If people are spending $200+ on a dinner for his and hers, they would just assume the gratuity is included in the package, right?? Nope.

I hope the formula of success is slightly better than what it was 5 years ago... but man, lots of hours and money wasted on working very hard for so little.

There's a legitimate reason people just stop showing up.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
strict guidelines, long hours, inconsistent scheduling
Awesome place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2018
I worked there for 7 years and will work there another 7 If they ever called me back. The staff was the absolute best and everyone really cared about their jobs
fast paced.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
Very fast paced on the boats. They talk a big game about helping each other and how collaborative and how amazing there company culture is, but on the boats, it doesn't feel like that. Schedules where regularly late and employees would get screwed over by being forced to stay for shifts they didn't attend to or staying late to "get everything done" even if they had completed all of their required work. People, in general, were not kind. They were a few gems, but it did not make up for those who were toxic. Only redeeming factor is that you can make big money in tips.
Pros
free food (when you get to eat, if at all), can make a lot of money
Cons
environment, more bad management than good.
Productive work environemnt
Restaurant Manager (FOH Manager) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
Worked with some great people, However later management changed and I felt it was no longer about your years of loyalty and success it was about budgeting money even if that meant get rid of your strongest employees to save money.
Pros
OSS events, benifits
Cons
short breaks, worked well over 40 hours with no over time if salary, worked EVERY Major Holiday