Entertainment Industry

Working at Entertainment Industry: 11 Reviews

Fun place to work

Management is very friendly. Loved to be a part of the team that I'm working on. Everyone is eager to help and yes, we do have free lunches occasionally.

Fun work environment with lots of room for personal growth

- May work for long hours with no over time. - Booked on several gigs during busy season and then none during slow season. - Learn to create a budget - Set etiquette

Entertainment Industry insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Not for the faint of heart.

The typical day is not typical. Everyday is new and creative. On the jobs where there is a budget it is amazing; on the low budget projects (most of them), it is like begging on the street, but not as friendly. Everyone is out to get your job, and there is no security. I have worked with companies for over a decade, and my job was given to someones's cousin, because "he is new in town, and needed the experience." The bottom 5% is all passion and fun. With no money and friends, life is great. The middle 90% sucks. Everyone wants something different than what they agreed to be hired for, and they all know they are better than you. The ones that don't think it, are so self-serving they didn't even notice you. The top 5% is amazing; the people are truly the best of the best at their skill-set, and everyday is a creative endeavor with the time and money to make it happen. The average person gets a taste of this good life, and it keeps them going, like a hole in one will keep you going. Most all of Hollywood is crumbs. The crumbs can sustain you, but it is just crumbs.

You wouldn't believe what i have seen!

I thought my experience in the entertainment industry was one i will never forget. I have met some great people, troubled people, and I was blessed to be able to be alight in a dark world.

Pros

People I met, exposure, learned a lot.

Cons

Long hours, troubled people, watching how human beings can treat each other to make a buck!

Good work place

My experience with this work is immense. Unable to point out to one particular thing that I learnt from here. Time management, speed, perfection and accuracy is something that I have imbibed from this project and I am sure that I will be carrying these winning traits embedded deep within me, till time perpetual. The management is impeccable. A very friendly place to work in. Very good working environment.

Pros

Great managers

Cons

Low pay

This is freelance work

You work for many different companies. The work can be very hard, with extremely long and physically demanding days. Would only recommend if you are using the position as an access point to union industry positions

Productive and fun workplace

Entertainment industry is an industry of antertainment business such as live concerts, tours, festivals, tv shows, events, exhibitions and many others.

Very Fun!

Working on set is the most fulfilling job. You learn a lot and often wear different hats throughout your day of work. Although you work long hours, you have a blast seeing how movies are made.

Pros

It's a blast working on set and the pay is alright.

Cons

There is not enough consistant work.

Love it

Memorization, imitate real life, be myself, and have fun! My gigs are off and on. I still have time to work a job and go to school.

Entertainment Industry - Exciting, Ever Changing, Dedication is required

Finding your way into the industry requires one to take on many roles and humbling yourself to learn from the people you work with. Production Assistant where I have had the opportunity to watch skilled master craftsmen and technicians at work providing me insight to some of the mechanics of making a tv or film production. In addition, I have been come comfortable dealing, informing, and controlling large groups of people by way of working with Background Adult and Child actors. As an Assistant Director, I have learned the importance of onset management and how to effectively deal with executives and crew when you are in a time crunch. In addition, to breaking down scripts and schedule, along with creating Call Sheets and Production Reports. As a Production Coordinator, Manager, and Line Producer the importance of creating and plan and the flexibility in allowing those plans to happen. In addition to making sure crew, actors, and creative heads are giving the space to work freely and safely.

Pros

Learning Experence, Exposure to experenced crew, Creativity

Cons

Low Wages, Job Security from one Gig to the next

productive and fun workplace

everything is under control but sometimes things can be hard.i learned more about how to treat the hard customer and to honest on everything you doing related to work.we have a gud communication with my co-worker and our relationship make our work to be in a high position.the hardest part of the job is where you have dead line or you needed in many places at the same time there you need to use your mind.the most enjoyable if you done with your job like music videos shootings.

Pros

free lunch and breakfast

Cons

no long hours except if we have events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entertainment Industry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits