ENTREC Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Office Staff - Poor training, no communication, negative work environment
Operations Admin (Former Employee) –  Milliken, COApril 16, 2018
Office management is highly disorganized. Training was inadequate and unstructured. Management complained constantly about the company and office gossip took away from training time. No feedback on your progress during training. I received better information (cheat sheets) from other branches, than any one on one training. Office staff are expected to check and follow endless email threads on their personal time. They are also expected to complete multiple training modules, each 20+ minutes long on their own time. If your offer of employment advises OT will be paid, don't bother it is highly discouraged.
Recommend making a training manual from those cheat sheets. They are obviously sent for a reason.
Pros
Benefits-health
Cons
Negative work environment/poor training/very cliquish
Short lived employment
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Milliken, COMarch 19, 2018
I was given a list of promises before I took the position including pay, housing, hours per week and company truck. After I committed and moved to the area none of the information I was given was correct. My stay was very short needless to say. I would suggest getting something in writing before committing to this job. The hours were far shorter than expected, the pay scale changed to three different amounts after my arrival. I was never given a company truck as promised , the operators damaged every crane I witnessed them operate during my short stay. There wasn't one qualified rigger/oiler except the one I brought with me. Be cautious and be safe out there. With the expense incurred to take the job it was a waste of time, energy and money.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
A long list
Red headed step child of the company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJuly 12, 2017
Let me first say that all the reviews I read on here are from Canada.
I quit my job down south with the promise of 100+ hrs a week, barely got 40hrs wk. Same old bs to get people out there. Never even sat in a seat, did get to drive a truck hauling counter weights and did a little rigging. Oh boy👍. They claim there the bussiest branch in the company but got all the hand me down equipment. I never got a pick-up and from what I understood they don't have enough to out fit the operators they have. New ones go to the operators in Dickinson who beat em up and Watford gets what evers left. Housing is kind of dirty (man camp living no maid), guys that live there think they own em but dont clean em. The operators I met were nice but 3 or 4 quit while I was there. If you do decide (I'd be cautious ) make sure they don't low ball you because I heard it's impossible to get a raise. I wouldnt recommend waisting your time or money.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
No per-dium, to many operators, not enough work.
Great people with a wealth of knowledge
Rigger/Operator (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJanuary 3, 2017
With enough time put in at ENTREC the amount of training and knowledge you can acquire is vast. Hands on training with limited computer training which I believe is a plus.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Being away from home on occasion