Environment Control of Wisconsin, Inc. Employee Reviews

Bad management
Clean porter (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIMay 11, 2019
I really liked working with this company but they dont train you correctly and every day it felt like they where adding work but it was the training. I tried to clean like it was my house but the manager disagree he wanted everything done In the time they give you for every building you go clean (4 buildings). They really dont care for your safety if there is bad weather they want you at the place I almost crashed and fell in a ditch cuz there was a snow storm 0 cares given from them I have arthritist and sometimes i couldnt get up because of how my joints hurt but again 0 cares. I gave my 2 weeks but my bills where piling and it was a better pay that was my bad on my end but I couldn't afford to lose my home. I tried going back like I said I liked it but since I left with out finishing my 2 weeks they won't take me back. Wish them best of luck finding that person cuz ive seen for the past week their ad is still here on indeed.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Bad training
June 10, 2019

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Everyone's training week is different but we try to give at least three days to training each employee according to the policies and procedures and methods that have work for many years. We do have to clean accounts rain or sunshine, even when it snows and managers try to accomodate for all situations. Safety being paramount. Thank you for your feedback.

Great company, physical work
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 4, 2019
I started off as an office cleaner and was trained and cleaned facilities on my own at night. Most jobs at EC are very independent where you work on your own and you are held accountable. After a few months, I was promoted and supervised a larger facility. Everyone I met was polite, respectful and answered my questions. The job is challenging and physical work. No weekends, M-F, but the company does rely on people to be at work since the schedule is set. Turnover was a challenge as a supervisor but most of the turnover was inherent to the type of work, not as a result of flaws with the company or management as others have suggested in reviews. If you come to work and do the work, you will do well and succeed. For every great employee I would meet and train, there would be 5 who came at the job negatively and there was nothing I or anyone else could do. EC does exactly what they say they will do and the jobs are exactly as advertised. I'm thankful that there are polite, straight forward, and honest people and places of business like EC. I highly recommend working here if you are committed and ready to actually work.
Pros
straight forward, friendly people
Cons
jobs are not for everyone, physical, time sensitive
poor managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2019
I had a interview and it went well I was supposed to have 2 interview for a supervisor position.
I was supposed to get a phone back the same as my first interview never got the call back.
so i call 3 time and left a message and never received a call .
this is extremely rude on their part.
Will never recamond this company to anyone very very poor management .
I give this company a 1 star rating
I never even had a chance to start this position.
Pros
pay was some what fair
Cons
never recived my 2 call back
March 6, 2019

Hi,I am sorry you had such a frustrating experience interviewing with our company. We have hundreds of inquiries monthly and cannot return every call. But I am sorry that you felt so bad about your encounter with us. I hope you might reconsider your 1 star. I'd be happy to discuss your concerns in person. Call our office and ask for the Director of Recruitment.

Not a place if you want an employer who cares about their employees.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 16, 2018
If I could give 0 stars I would. This place has terrible management. I was out sick for a week, with multiple Dr. Excuses, I called every other day to let know know my conditions, I had a heart rate of over 150, a fever of 102. I could barely move I was in so much pain and had terrible migraines. But none of that mattered. I got back to work thinking everything was okay and apparently to them it wasn’t. They told me I couldn’t just call in and take a week of work off of like that. When they knew how bad of condition I was in and had doctors excuses. The interview was super unprofessional. I was left in their office alone waiting for 40 minutes past my scheduled interview time because the lady was still out eating when we agreed upon that timeframe. During the interview they also spoke poorly of their employees. The also train you with bare minimum. So a couple weeks into doing the job apparently I was supposed to be moving these really heavy beds and getting under them when I was never trained/told to do so until they complained about it.
Garbage
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Central WisconsinOctober 18, 2017
Constantly changing schedule with no notice. No benefits, low pay, incompetent management. Work and location changed almost nightly with no training or communication of expectations. Had to know 4 or 5 jobs at 9 different locations from clinics to warehouses without knowing what the customer wanted done. The jobs were constantly rushed to keep the hours under budget because there weren't enough people to do the jobs, and the Sales team constantly underbid jobs to keep customers. One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Whole mess
December 18, 2018

Hi, we're very sorry you had such an experience with our company. Of course employee experiences depend on the direct supervisor. We are hopeful that upon reflection you might consider your 1 star. I'd be happy to discuss your concerns in person. Call our office and ask for the Director of Recruitment.

high stress, low pay
Inside sales-telephone (Former Employee) –  Monona, WISeptember 21, 2017
All management out of touch with each departments, creating massive confusions, unable to communicate with management . payroll timekeeping print out records not available lacking in HR. Company does not follow it's own policies
Pros
part time work
Cons
short breaks were not paid
June 10, 2019

Hello, We're surprised by your experience as we prioritize professionalism and good communication.

Poor management, training period and communication
Lead Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIAugust 30, 2017
I worked here for over a year and the management was poor. The company botched my training period and the employees I worked with didn't even know I was the Lead Cleaner. I had to be retrained after two months because management didn't know how to manage. My manager also didn't know my name when I met him after being at the company for two months. The employees I worked with were stressed out and unpleasant and it might have stemmed from management. Management also tried to force me to do other people's work with a 1 hour notice. The area manager also never showed up when he said he would. I also never had a badge to get into the building for weeks.
Pros
Physical work
Cons
Poor management, poor training, tense work environment, disorganized
Obgyn facility housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 23, 2017
Team-member helping keep facility sanitized and wiped down, as well as sweeping and mopping the facility. Also emptying trash barrels in each office and taking to trash bin outside the facility.
Pros
Work at a even pace
Cons
Have to pick up slack if anyone called in.
Also started in college, and still here 3.5+ years later...
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 3, 2016
I started here while pursuing my Bachelor's Degree - I was looking for a weekend job with consistent hours that wouldn't interfere with my school schedule and didn't involve fast food or working directly with customers. I had anticipated it being a part-time gig until I found a full-time position elsewhere, but was offered a full-time Day Porter role a few months after graduating and did janitorial work at a large clinic - which I also figured would also be temporary. After another few months, a Recruiter position opened at our Milwaukee office and I eagerly pursued it and was offered the role. I was able to utilize the experience I gained in Operations and my Liberal Arts degree to jump right into HR and the recruitment world. During the 3+ years I have been a Recruiter I have also gained additional experience working in Operations Administration roles and Sales roles; doing this has really given me an understanding of the business from top to bottom and offered valuable leadership experience.

I really enjoy the HR team - they are all very caring, positive, and a joy to work with. We work well as a team - I just wish we got to work together more often! (we are spread out between 3 branches). I also get along with my boss (and the other VP's of the company) very well, which is a rarity in most organizations.
Pros
A lot of room to grow in Ops, Independent work, Flexibility, Fast-Paced environment, etc.
Cons
Lots of room to grow in the Operations dept but not as much room to grow in HR
Great Place to Work!
HR and Payroll Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 2, 2016
I have worked for Environment Control for nearly two years now and I have to say, it truly is a great place to work! Our motto, “It’s About Lives” is very important to me, the people here are so friendly, straight-forward and honest and more than anything… I enjoy interacting with all of our employees!
Started here in college and here I am 24 years later
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 31, 2016
I started at EC as a general cleaner back in 1992. I've done every single job in the company except actually present a bid to a potential new customer. I can very authentically tell you what it's like working at EC. The jobs are truly as straight-forward as jobs can get. You will know exactly what your job is, what is expected of you and you will have the comfort of knowing the company will treat you fairly, honestly, and with the respect you deserve. I'm proof that the opportunity is nearly endless for those who are willing and able to put in the time and effort necessary to take care of customers, be a positive, productive coworker, and to strive for excellence. If you are ready and willing to clean, you are ready for EC and we are ready to meet you!
Pros
set schedules, great people!
Cons
none that the company can control