Environmental Resources Management

Great friends

Great life work balance

Great weather

Great god
Pros
work
Cons
work
Good Transition Job
It is easy to get hired, and you will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks; but there is a high turn-over rate and no room for growth. Not a bad place to work for a few months to a year.
Excellent Workplace
Friendly and fun working environment. Employees treat each other as family and everyone work together and helps out in various ways. There is community involvement in various events and contributions.
Good not great
All depends on which office you get hired into. If you have a degree ask a ton of questions during your interview process. Have seen many people that thought they'd be working within their field of study doing basically field technician work. They now find it hard to find new jobs because they've basically done noting in their field of study. Lot of sad faces.
consulting
You get paid based on billable hours.
One haas to fid projects to get paid.

No equity in finding work, one has to go and find work every day. Not enough work at times
Pros
good people
Cons
less work
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good company to work and learn but low salary
Good company to work and learn but low salary. Normally consultants work for some years to get experience and move to a better paid job. Very good benefits.
Low morale, cutthroat environment
Working hard and doing the right thing isn't enough, you have to be willing to play the game. Do not underestimate the power of politics.
The management tries to addresss the low morale however, actions and words don't match.
Pros
Great and talented group of people to work with
Cons
Not a great place for women if you are looking for advancement.
Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech was a great company to work for. Work life balance was great. Compensation was good and benefits as well. Definitely miss the people and environment. Always looked forward to going to the office.
Horrible Experience
ERM will remain the worst company I have worked for during my 20 years in the work force.

I joined in 2007 and realized within a month that the office I belonged to had some serious issues. It was back in the "Opco" days when one ERM office would actually compete against another ERM office for profits and sometimes ignore common sense when delivering services to a client.

Aside from the competitive nature of sales and MY client attitude, I joined a team who's leader told me "you are in a different Opco", I cannot help you...". Needless to say, I did not speak to him ever after unless required to. in 2008-2009, ERM, globally, decided to "address" this counter productive issue and "deployed" a new strategy around "collaboration"... Wow! What a giant step forward in recognizing this rotten environment! I thought the company would turn this around and work on getting new blood with a different mentality to offset the bad vibes often encountered within the office. It did not happen, 5 years later... Ended in the "me, myself and I" mode for over 7 years...

As for the "strategy", ERM put all its eggs in the Oil and Gas and mining basket (recruiting, etc.). Fast forward to 2014/ 15, such markets have stalled and ERM is now leaking its wounds and looking at growth elsewhere... Maybe a diversified sector growth portfolio would have been wiser?

Bottom line, stay away : poor strategy, poor leadership, poor knowledge sharing/ management, rotten work environment...
Cons
poor leadership, poor strategy, rotten work environment, no learning
Great global company to work for
Very laid back friendly company to be a part of. There are many opportunities to volunteer on environmental projects as well as opportunities to interact with other employees out of the office.
Could be a lot better
You need to have a partner to push you to the top, otherwise you struggle to find "billable work". ERM hires a lot of smart people but has a tough time keeping them busy after the project they were hired for ends.
Pros
Global, challenging projects
Cons
Favoritism
Nice company
Learn a lot, nice company, hard to grow simply because they are not sure how the business will make the case for your growth.
Excellent company to get experience in mutilple facets of consulting
ERM works hard to provide employees a chance to work on multiple types of projects. Additionally, the company also promotes working across disciplines to broaden employees' experience and knowledge base. I have worked various projects, and have had hands on experience with many aspects of geology including, well installation procedures, placement of well screens to maximize characteriztion of constituents at depth, aquifer pump and slug testing procedures, and complex subsurface lithology cross section development. Additionally, ERM has provided me the opportunity to project manage smaller semi-annual detection monitoring projects.
The managment at the company is open door. I feel comfortable talking with upper managment as well as my own supervisor on work-related issues.

The personnel who work at ERM are very friendly and will help you at a drop of a hat. In fact, I have met some very good friends at the company.

The hardest part of the job is the expectation for 100% billability, which mean you can work long hours with little compensatory reward.

The best part of the job is the opportunity to work different projects with different project teams from across the globe.
Pros
healthcare benefits; 401k matching
Cons
wages
Staff Geologist/Project Manager
This company is great, lots of great people here and no concern of losing the steady work flow. However, with a 100% bilability goal, it is extremely difficult to have a normal home life, with pressure from all sides to work over 40 hours a week and forego your allotted vacation time. That coupled with the demand to travel and most the work I do being in Baytown has made for a very difficult struggle for me. I have had a very difficult time keeping up with my performance measures for the first time in my life.
Pros
good, knowledgeable people, learning opportunities
Cons
poor work-life balance
Excellent job for learning about environmental contracting
I am able to work at the airport doing sample collection for a major airline
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Resources Management. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight