Environmental Resources Management

Environmental Resources Management Employee Reviews

great place to work!
Awesome place to work! Great People! Managment is great! Worklife balance is a priority. One of the best benefits I have had working at a company. Great location as well.
Erm
SAP Consulting required travel to client sites, implementation and configuration of the tool. Also included testing and training. The most enjoyable part of the job involved the people.
Pros
A nice place to work, knowledgeable, hard working employees.
Cons
IS is struggling getting new project work.
warrier
Not a good place to work, they make u travel, no life poor leadership and management, last minute assignments u must follow the instructions
High energy, professional engineering consultancy.
Partner oriented organization with a strong emphasis on billable hours, certifications and advancement. Very challenging and interesting work requiring a lot of international travel.
A lot of Traveling
This job was never meant to be a salaried position. Work weeks would range from 40 hours a week to 90 hours a week, all while getting paid the same weekly rate. The travel ranged from 50% to 80% based on the month.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Low morale, cutthroat environment
Working hard and doing the right thing isn't enough, you have to be willing to play the game. Do not underestimate the power of politics.
The management tries to addresss the low morale however, actions and words don't match.
Pros
Great and talented group of people to work with
Cons
Not a great place for women if you are looking for advancement.
No comments
good experience. some work very interesting, other work not as interesting. no additional comments at this time. the experience likely outweighed the negatives
Unreachably high expectations, Unwilling to reign in monstrous managers
Many projects with interesting work. Opportunities abound with work. If you like to work and have no life outside of work, this is the place for you.

There was a tremendous variety of projects to work on. Colleagues were there to help and share techniques to complete high quality jobs.

The hardest part of the job was working for a poor manager whose reputation was well known as someone who would make your life difficult if not miserable. The best part of the job was when I was released from the position and no longer had to deal with the individual in question.

Overall a fine place to work if you are a robot, lacking feelings and desire to do anything but work. Additionally, since annual growth targets were unrealistic, firings and layoffs have become the norm. Expect no understanding, mercy, or pity from this bunch of wolves.
Pros
I learned what type of manager not to be.
Cons
I found out how awful some managers could be.
Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech was a great company to work for. Work life balance was great. Compensation was good and benefits as well. Definitely miss the people and environment. Always looked forward to going to the office.
Erm
ERM was a great company to work for. The people and overall culture was positive and a great atmosphere. Great benefits and a great work life balance.
Very stable company
The work day id between 8 am and 5 pm. One knows exactly what and how to do the work assigned. little room for creativity. Can be monotonous.
The company has a set way of doing things and there is not verring from that.

The hardest part is meeting the expectation of the different project managers.
downsized
Used to be a fun place until Obama's war on coal. Smart workers but hard climate to work in. Co-workers are fun to work with.
benefits
Cons
downsized work force
Not such a fun place to work
I really didn't enjoy my time at this company. The employees made me a little uncomfortable. There employees weren't too friendly
This place was the pits
This is a company that is trying to transition from a mid-sized company into a large one. They really don't care much about anything other than what the spreadsheets say. To that end, they have zero interest in employee development. There is zero training and zero opportunities for advancement. They hire outside the company for very nearly every position and don't even tell us they're looking for positions senior to our current level. While I was there, they assigned EVERYBODY an "employee level" that basically just puts you in a specific box. It's nearly impossible to climb out of that box and advance.

I was there nearly 10 years and found that as time went on, they were doing everything possible to get rid of the long term employees and replace us with cheaper, disposable people who would stay for a couple years and then move on.

"Leadership" if you want to call it that, came from England. They wanted no input from us colonists whatsoever and if we offered any, we were silenced almost immediately.
Strong Engineering Company
Great company to work for and provides out of the box thinking to handle any size project. Use all the current up to date computer programs to maximize the design and turn around time to satisfy any client.
Pros
Benefits, ownership
Horrible Experience
ERM will remain the worst company I have worked for during my 20 years in the work force.

I joined in 2007 and realized within a month that the office I belonged to had some serious issues. It was back in the "Opco" days when one ERM office would actually compete against another ERM office for profits and sometimes ignore common sense when delivering services to a client.

Aside from the competitive nature of sales and MY client attitude, I joined a team who's leader told me "you are in a different Opco", I cannot help you...". Needless to say, I did not speak to him ever after unless required to. in 2008-2009, ERM, globally, decided to "address" this counter productive issue and "deployed" a new strategy around "collaboration"... Wow! What a giant step forward in recognizing this rotten environment! I thought the company would turn this around and work on getting new blood with a different mentality to offset the bad vibes often encountered within the office. It did not happen, 5 years later... Ended in the "me, myself and I" mode for over 7 years...

As for the "strategy", ERM put all its eggs in the Oil and Gas and mining basket (recruiting, etc.). Fast forward to 2014/ 15, such markets have stalled and ERM is now leaking its wounds and looking at growth elsewhere... Maybe a diversified sector growth portfolio would have been wiser?

Bottom line, stay away : poor strategy, poor leadership, poor knowledge sharing/ management, rotten work environment...
Cons
poor leadership, poor strategy, rotten work environment, no learning
A good short-term place to work.
Very typical corporate environment. Globally minded, empowering a revolving door of post graduate, energetic, youth. If travelling lifestyle is desirable to you, this is a great place to work.
Great global company to work for
Very laid back friendly company to be a part of. There are many opportunities to volunteer on environmental projects as well as opportunities to interact with other employees out of the office.
Fun workplace environment with great people, but the work was not as sustainability focused as I initially had hoped. Also, poor management and little to no mentorship. Easy to get "pigeon-holed" into work.
Pros
flexible work schedule (can work from office, remotely, or from other offices), great people
Cons
High stress on billability and metrics, no overtime or comp time
Professional family like, fun place to work at
It was a pleasure going to work everyday as my coworkers became good friends. I developed a good relationship with my clients and even though the job was hard, I loved it because I like to be busy all the time. The hardest part of the job was working crazy hours during the end of the month closing. The most enjoyable part was making new friends that until today we communicate.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
End of month closing
no comment
No good things to say about the Atlanta office with the exception of the presence of a hard working crew of staff scientists
Lack of diversity

Unethical practices

Low morale

Demoralizing business practices (requires billability exceeding 100%)

Several of the best staff left due to poor people management

Human resources lead at Atlanta office lacked integrity
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Resources Management. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight