Environmental Restoration, LLC Employee Reviews

Be Warned...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2019
They don't care about their employees and are not professional. If they don't like you they won't follow the procedures they have in place for promotions etc. Would not recommend.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Environmental Restoration (ER). I’m sorry you feel you were treated unfairly. ER cares very much about our employees – they are truly at the heart of what we do and we cherish their commitment and hard work. We are proud of our strong, skilled and capable workforce and we promote from within based on a number of factors (knowledge, experience, work ethic, contribution to the team, leadership skills, etc.). Please feel free to contact ER's HR Department; ER is open and available to talking about your experience so we can improve our processes and procedures.

Must have tough skin
Technician/ Operator (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 15, 2019
Some coworkers wont like you because of your skin color, if your not part of their crew you wont work. Everyone wants to be the boss. To many Chiefs not enough Indians. Must be a family member or know the boss to keep working.
Pros
Make good money on good jobs.
Cons
Need hours to get the Benefits
February 18, 2019

Thank you for providing a review. While we understand your concerns and do take reviews into consideration for improving our business, ER is proud to have a workforce that is diverse, not only in race, but in gender, ethnicity, experience and background. If you would like to contact us directly, we welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you.

Management was not very good
Truck Driver equipment Operater (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOFebruary 6, 2019
It was a good job management was poor. I enjoyed the traveling and enjoyed the work but no security and with government shutdown the worked for epa so work shut down
Pros
Good money
Cons
No security
February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, the government shutdown impacted many industries. This shutdown was an anomaly in our otherwise stable work schedule. In extreme cases, such as a government shutdown, some work has to be temporarily paused. ER is happy to report that jobs have started to resume work. If you’d like to expand more on your review, please contact us. We value your feedback.

All around poor coms.
Heavy equipment operator, aasit foreman (Former Employee) –  Connecticut WindsorFebruary 3, 2019
Was hire in February of one year, did not start till almost end of that year,that was after continued calling, only to find out one of the ER's supervisors was not doing his job, meaning ER had spend thousands of dollars to hire me (and nothing),the day finally came to go to work by then I was employed but decided to give a shot,was told to be in a certain state by Monday (working on Friday), that being said this contract was a prevailing rate job,but no amount of money could have prepaired me for what transpired on this project it was an EPA project ,let's just say long story short I got caught in the middle of two Supervisors fighting which in turn made me look like I had no clue on how to run heavy equipment, (BULL),THE SUPERS HAD NO CLUE ON HOW TO RUN A SITE, ordering materials, equipment, complaining I can't do that they take it out of my pay(B.S), so much more to story ,bottom line complete lack of communication between supers and upper mang, I would NOT recommend this company at any level Oh and one of the supervisors that started this project was a DRUNK, .
Pros
Cons
Good per diem
February 18, 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback. We take these allegations seriously and would like to understand more of the situation you’ve described, but would need some additional details. Please feel free to contact HR directly to discuss this review further.

HAZMAT was supposed to be cleaned, not kept.
Hazmat Responder/Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 10, 2019
The job itself was not that bad. The problems arose when HAZMAT such as ASBESTOS-contaminated materials were returned to the shop and subsequently cleaned with an AIR WAND.
Nobody gave a care about chemistry so violent, toxic reactions were commonplace as employees attempted to "neutralize" nitrates and oxidizers.
All this for $15/hour.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Hazardous
January 14, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. We take our processes and procedures very seriously. ER has an established and proven Health and Safety program with standard operating procedures in place to ensure compliance with all applicable guidelines and laws. Our standard practices are to decontaminate all equipment on-site and then provide a thorough inspection and cleaning prior to the equipment being placed back into stock for future use. We apologize if you were under another assumption. ER encourages employees to discuss any suspected violation to the ER Code of Business Ethics with their supervisor and/or contract manager. In addition, ER also utilizes a third party reporting hotline. The hotline can be accessed by phone or via a website. Either method can be used and both allow anonymous reporting. Notification can be done without fear of retribution. We grow from the feedback we receive and we appreciate you taking the time to provide it.

Day at work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2018
Typical day starts off with a safety meeting and then the field work begins. Hardest part of the job is the weather and combining that with the PPE that needed to be worn for the type of job performed (i.e. confined spaces, deconning a tank, etc.).Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who have a common goal in getting the job done, and overcoming obstacles by participating together.
Pros
lot of overtime
Cons
out of state travel - long periods
February 18, 2019

Thank you for such a positive review! Environmental Restoration values safety and appreciate you noting that every day starts out with safety from the beginning.

worked with some great people
Emergency Response Manager / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAOctober 28, 2018
I got to do what I love and work with some great people I had some great projects with some fantastic clients and locations. While I was busy beyond belief, I enjoyed the pace and challenges
Pros
Fast paced, never dull or boring
Cons
not a lot of backup, I had no benefits at my position
February 18, 2019

We are so glad to hear that you loved what you did. I'm not sure when you were managing an office, but benefits are now available for all full time positions.

Field Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 8, 2018
Very Friendly co-workers, upper management are amazing, hardest part of job is to get your supervisor to respond within 7 days. Amazing place.. Thought I would be there forever
Pros
Lots of Pros
Cons
Lack of communication from supervisor, not all just one
February 18, 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback! We hope to take this and continue improving.

Er
Environmental Cleanup Technician (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Good company you can earn a good amount of money if you work hard enough and get on the right jobs. Just wasn’t for me with traveling all the time but if that’s for you then you can make good money.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for the positive feedback! Working on the road isn't cut out for everyone, ER truly appreciates everyone who gives up time away from home to get the job done.

Poor management communication
Hazmat Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
It’s a good company and good line of work if you don’t like your home life, management at the Indy office was poor at best, micro managed on every part of the job whether you’re at the shop organizing, or just driving to a spill, would recommend if in a different state.
If you don't have family in management you don't work
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2018
Loved my job but if you don't have family in management you sit home or you get put on low paying jobs. If your not part of a core employee pack you don't get benefits and they regulate that as well so you don't get them.
September 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. In 2015, ER incorporated an ACA compliant “look back” process to offer benefits to qualifying variable hour employees (based on hours worked during their first year). This look back is not only done on the employee’s anniversary date, but at every open enrollment period thereafter. Last open enrollment, ER was able to offer full benefits to 73% of the variable staff. ER sets out to hire the best qualified candidates for all positions. All employees go through the same hiring process. At ER, we consider all employees to be a part of the ER family; and that family is made up of highly skilled personnel that contribute to the awesome workforce we currently have and continue to grow.

Excellent, solid company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
This company truly is a great place to work. They care about the employees like family and go to great lengths make sure they are taken care of. They put a lot of emphasis on doing the job right and safely.
Pros
Great work, pay, and culture.
Great work culture
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
This company really cares about each individual. This is the first place I've worked where every person can interact directly with the owners of the company; and the owners work in the office alongside everyone else (when they aren't traveling to expand the business).

Environmental Restoration (ER) is also amazing at working with people who have medical issues and let you work around doctors appointments and family emergencies.

The environment is very laid back (although you are expected to get your work done) and they are open to new ideas. This is a great place to learn and grow in any field (admin, environmental, etc).

Sometimes the work can come in massive waves and you have to put in extra time but it comes and goes depending on what projects are happening, and honestly I enjoy those little bursts (I'm just glad they aren't constant). There is always plenty to do and the work in fulfilling. Overall, there is a great work-life balance and they encourage that balance as well.
Pros
Lots of free food/lunches, great environment, friendly managers and owners
Cons
Limited parking, running out of office space due to growth (also a pro)
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 10, 2018
I love working at Environmental Restoration, LLC. I've been able to grow and learn immensely throughout my time here. I cannot imagine working anywhere else. I love the pace, the culture and the team atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible schedule
loved working for the company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2018
traveled from state to state to clean chemical spills the management really cared about the employees the hardest part was being away from my family for months
Environmental Technicians/ Laborer
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MoAugust 21, 2018
I just want people to know if they hire you your salary will vary depending on the job they want to send you. 13.50 hour for remediation, 18 hr for spills and if they don't have a place to send you. You will be ask to come to the shop and that's a salary of 12.50 hr. They show favoritism on who gets the better jobs while the rest of their employees struggle to have work so, expect to make 12.50 hr.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not enough work to go around.
September 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As is the industry norm, ER does have varying rates depending on the type of work. Those include remediation rates, emergency response rates, prevailing wages and shop rates. While the workflow can fluctuate, we do our best to utilize everyone on a project so they can benefit from premium wages, but in those times of fluctuation, shop rates do apply. Our employees are the heart of everything we do and we do our best to balance all employees, both full-time and variable staff as best we can.

work was good but some other of the employee's were not professional
Driver/Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work at but some of the other employee's were not professional at all. they had there pick's even tho other employee's work just as hard as every one else.
Pros
professional
Cons
some employee's were not professionals
some days good some days not so good.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 8, 2018
Environmental Restoration (ER) was at first a fun and enjoyable work place. I learned the art of team work. Working together towards a common goal. I was able to attend a couple of courses during my employment with ER that taught me a lot of valuable information that I can now carry on with me. I also was able to travel for this job which was a positive experience. It was nice not to be in the same spot day in and day out. Some negative experiences that I had while at ER was that it wasn't a very diverse work environment.
Pros
good pay, travel, paid courses
Cons
no diversity, nepotism
Na
Technician/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 14, 2018
This was a temporary position and not able to give much information about the company. Would have like to travel for the general labor position, but did not have the opportunity.
Rough Days
Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHJanuary 8, 2018
The hardest part of the job while at office/warehouse was staying busy. Management never seemed eager to train to advance personnel. Tools for the job would come up missing, later learning that a past employee took them home and never returned them. Anytime you tried to give advice or idea, you would get yelled at.
Pros
Some travel
Cons
On call 24/7 365 days a year, hard to plan with a family, no liberty or relaxation cause your phone had to be with you all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Restoration, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.