Environmental Restoration, LLC Employee Reviews

worked with some great people
Emergency Response Manager / Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAOctober 28, 2018
I got to do what I love and work with some great people I had some great projects with some fantastic clients and locations. While I was busy beyond belief, I enjoyed the pace and challenges
Pros
Fast paced, never dull or boring
Cons
not a lot of backup, I had no benefits at my position
Tough at Times
Laborer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2018
I’ve worked here for years but have been lucky. Hard to approach management. Strict chain of command that you are retaliated against if you go against. Pays (literally) to know somebody.
Pros
Industry that will always be needed = job security
Field Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 8, 2018
Very Friendly co-workers, upper management are amazing, hardest part of job is to get your supervisor to respond within 7 days. Amazing place.. Thought I would be there forever
Pros
Lots of Pros
Cons
Lack of communication from supervisor, not all just one
Er
Environmental Cleanup Technician (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Good company you can earn a good amount of money if you work hard enough and get on the right jobs. Just wasn’t for me with traveling all the time but if that’s for you then you can make good money.
Poor management communication
Hazmat Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
It’s a good company and good line of work if you don’t like your home life, management at the Indy office was poor at best, micro managed on every part of the job whether you’re at the shop organizing, or just driving to a spill, would recommend if in a different state.
If you don't have family in management you don't work
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2018
Loved my job but if you don't have family in management you sit home or you get put on low paying jobs. If your not part of a core employee pack you don't get benefits and they regulate that as well so you don't get them.
Official response from Environmental Restoration, LLC
September 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. In 2015, ER incorporated an ACA compliant “look back” process to offer benefits to qualifying variable hour employees (based on hours worked during their first year). This look back is not only done on the employee’s anniversary date, but at every open enrollment period thereafter. Last open enrollment, ER was able to offer full benefits to 73% of the variable staff. ER sets out to hire the best qualified candidates for all positions. All employees go through the same hiring process. At ER, we consider all employees to be a part of the ER family; and that family is made up of highly skilled personnel that contribute to the awesome workforce we currently have and continue to grow.

Excellent, solid company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
This company truly is a great place to work. They care about the employees like family and go to great lengths make sure they are taken care of. They put a lot of emphasis on doing the job right and safely.
Pros
Great work, pay, and culture.
Great work culture
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2018
This company really cares about each individual. This is the first place I've worked where every person can interact directly with the owners of the company; and the owners work in the office alongside everyone else (when they aren't traveling to expand the business).

Environmental Restoration (ER) is also amazing at working with people who have medical issues and let you work around doctors appointments and family emergencies.

The environment is very laid back (although you are expected to get your work done) and they are open to new ideas. This is a great place to learn and grow in any field (admin, environmental, etc).

Sometimes the work can come in massive waves and you have to put in extra time but it comes and goes depending on what projects are happening, and honestly I enjoy those little bursts (I'm just glad they aren't constant). There is always plenty to do and the work in fulfilling. Overall, there is a great work-life balance and they encourage that balance as well.
Pros
Lots of free food/lunches, great environment, friendly managers and owners
Cons
Limited parking, running out of office space due to growth (also a pro)
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 10, 2018
I love working at Environmental Restoration, LLC. I've been able to grow and learn immensely throughout my time here. I cannot imagine working anywhere else. I love the pace, the culture and the team atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible schedule
loved working for the company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2018
traveled from state to state to clean chemical spills the management really cared about the employees the hardest part was being away from my family for months
Environmental Technicians/ Laborer
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MoAugust 21, 2018
I just want people to know if they hire you your salary will vary depending on the job they want to send you. 13.50 hour for remediation, 18 hr for spills and if they don't have a place to send you. You will be ask to come to the shop and that's a salary of 12.50 hr. They show favoritism on who gets the better jobs while the rest of their employees struggle to have work so, expect to make 12.50 hr.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not enough work to go around.
Official response from Environmental Restoration, LLC
September 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As is the industry norm, ER does have varying rates depending on the type of work. Those include remediation rates, emergency response rates, prevailing wages and shop rates. While the workflow can fluctuate, we do our best to utilize everyone on a project so they can benefit from premium wages, but in those times of fluctuation, shop rates do apply. Our employees are the heart of everything we do and we do our best to balance all employees, both full-time and variable staff as best we can.

work was good but some other of the employee's were not professional
Driver/Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work at but some of the other employee's were not professional at all. they had there pick's even tho other employee's work just as hard as every one else.
Pros
professional
Cons
some employee's were not professionals
some days good some days not so good.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 8, 2018
Environmental Restoration (ER) was at first a fun and enjoyable work place. I learned the art of team work. Working together towards a common goal. I was able to attend a couple of courses during my employment with ER that taught me a lot of valuable information that I can now carry on with me. I also was able to travel for this job which was a positive experience. It was nice not to be in the same spot day in and day out. Some negative experiences that I had while at ER was that it wasn't a very diverse work environment.
Pros
good pay, travel, paid courses
Cons
no diversity, nepotism
Na
Technician/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOApril 14, 2018
This was a temporary position and not able to give much information about the company. Would have like to travel for the general labor position, but did not have the opportunity.
Rough Days
Remediation Technician (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHJanuary 8, 2018
The hardest part of the job while at office/warehouse was staying busy. Management never seemed eager to train to advance personnel. Tools for the job would come up missing, later learning that a past employee took them home and never returned them. Anytime you tried to give advice or idea, you would get yelled at.
Pros
Some travel
Cons
On call 24/7 365 days a year, hard to plan with a family, no liberty or relaxation cause your phone had to be with you all the time
Great place to start a career.
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 9, 2017
The typical day to day and the construction side of the work is great. This job does have people that you will encounter that will make it difficult. If you can stick threw it your golden.
Pros
Very intresting and exciting work.
Cons
Too much competitiveness
Job that has no true schedule of work hours
HAZMAT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 25, 2017
Good job for a new hazmat technician. Management will teach/supervise you throughout your time there. Hours are 24/7 depending on spills that happen and are assigned to you. Pay is too low for that type of schedule. Not a family friendly type job.
Pros
Challenging/boring job depending on day
Cons
same as above and hours can be tought
good job
ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
it is a very good job and they are very nice people you have fun and make money at the same time cleaning the environment everyone there is trustworthy
Ok place
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 18, 2017
Ok place to work ,on call all the time and bad time management with employment ,need more incentives and need to offer a bonus...company has a hard time hiring employee.
its ok
technician lll (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2017
is a basic company with limited growth as I want to expand an grow with a company. reach higher goals and excel while working in a safe environment . e
Pros
travel
Cons
consistencty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Environmental Restoration, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.