Environmental Solutions Group Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
This company has the worst plant manager ever. lies to your face ,dishonest only cares about himself. High turn over rate,no raises.They will let you go without notice. No communication at all.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no job security, no raises, dishonest management
COMMUNICATIONS LEADER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 2, 2018
Spent more then 3.5 years there. It was a pleasant and engaging place to work, with great opportunities for creativity and travel. Culture is excellent.
Management is clueless
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALFebruary 26, 2018
This could be a great place to work. The pay & benefits are competitive but the leadership is lacking. Last minute OT, unfulfilled promises, lack of safety and generally not caring for quality made it hard to cone to work everyday.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Working for ESG comes with BIG challenges!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2017
Worked here as a fabrication operator making very large plate steel components. The steel is very heavy, well beyond the 50 pound limit you would expect. The work is very physical. Many people come and go quickly so this company is always looking to hire machine operators. The pay and benefits are very good but longevity is difficult to achieve. While at ESG I observed a very high turnover rate. It gave me the impression that management has no real interest in retaining quality employees. In short, the money and benefits are good but it is very hard to stay employed at this company.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Management Style and Operation Plan
Excellent Company
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2016
Good Management and teamwork. Excellent skills acquired. Good Growth opportunities. Excellent cross training. Good compensation benefits.
Worst work environment ever been in.
office work and floor worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJuly 8, 2016
Only care about getting product out the door. No discipline in processes to make everything easier. Management has no idea what goes on past the door to the plant. Requires overtime at last minute. Month end is always a push and quality goes out the door. Human Resoures is practically non existant. Management changes about every 18 months or so. So no polices or goals stay in place. New management starts new programs that never get going. The people on the floor know what changes need to be made to be successful but management won't accept any of them. They violate so many OSHA and laws I can't believe they are still in business.
Pros
Could get yearly bonuses if we meet goals. Many good co-workers
Cons
Management is never sucessfull and never investigates for the truth
Good earning potential with awful management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALMay 17, 2015
I was employed here for 11 years. I can't deny the fact that I made great money but that all came at the expense of sacrificing family time due to having to work 60-70 hours per week. Management is an absolute joke from the ground up. Supervisors constantly lie to the employees about time off and schedule you mandatory overtime at the very last possible minute. The HR department is ran by quite possibly the most inept "specialists" in the country.

Overall I'd say if you want to make great money while sacrificing any kind of personal life then this is the place for you. Just watch for those daggers going in your back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management, especially HR is garbage
use to be a good place
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALAugust 28, 2016
have horrible horrible management. hr don't do anything at all. way too many employees an too many dead beats. try to put you on 40 hours now only make money there on overtime. quality is a joke sending alot of stuff to china now. management doesn't have a clue on how to run things. I use to enjoy my job and feel good about coming to work but now I don't an there's many many more people with the same outlook,management is running it in the ground. waiting on a phone call as it is on a way better job and there's many more people that are also and more people will leave. I wouldn't rate any star if I didn't have to
Pros
close to home
Cons
everything
Soul crushing experience
Strategic Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2016
It was a soul crushing experience. Every Sunday night, how I have dreaded going to work the next day. I know there will be new problems. I do not mind of problems. In the business you fix problems for your customers. That is how it works in the business world. The thing stress people is you know there will be other teams use this as excuse to blame you and your team. The sales never cared how hard you tired, the operation people would blame there is not steel to make parts, or build things, when in fact the shop is poorly laid out, and they could not find any parts. The VP has no idea what is going on the floor. It is the number they care. They only care how much you shipped this month. Come on guys, you want to run this place like an accountant? You know neither the product, nor have any strategy where this is going?
I worked there for a whole year, man, I have to tell you. I could not sleep any better after I quit. Even though I was making a lot of money, but this job offers me no enjoyment at all. I could not be happier knowing, the next day, no one is going to all the name or point the finger at me/ or my team. I treated the business as my own. When I could not stand the blaming and politics, I became verbal to the management. I told them there was no leadership in this organization. The day I quit, my boss does not even have the guts to pick up my call. Such a coward.

Oh, forget to mention, when I first came for the interview, the HR in phoenix plant was leaving. I asked the HR coming from Vernon what is happening. He apologetically says maybe the old guy does not
  more... share the same philosophy. But in fact is nobody wants to work for them. The management team believes they can always find someone to do the job. They bully you and they want you go to bully your suppliers. Such cowards. I am surprised they are still in business.  less
Pros
401k, pay
Cons
everthing
Really bad managers
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Its the worst management team I have seen, they don't listen to team members at all. If you work there do the bare minimum.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great for the money, if you can handle poor management
welder (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 21, 2016
High turn over rate, you have a manager that walks around looking in on you and does nothing to solve problems.

There is one man, a standalone man, Josh that does all the day to day stuff that management should be helping with , but leaves him out so they can walk around doing nothing.

great money if you want to work 12 hour days nearly 7 days a week.
Pros
money
Cons
poor management and higher ups
Extremely proactive IT department
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2013
Handling datacenters throughout 7 locations
Learned how to handle VMware environments in multiple locations
Pros
The forward thinking of administrator
Cons
long hours without compinsation
Good people to work with.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2017
It is a family oriented company. Good location, nice office, good people to work with; flexible schedule...............................................
Great Communication
Social Media Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 2, 2014
While I have only worked at Environmental Solutions Group during an internship for a few months, we have been able to learn how to expand online presence together. Communication is key to all businesses, and I believe that this is something that we excel in. The CEO, Frank, treats you like an equal, and is always available. The Social Media Business Development team is learning how to successfully build B2B communciation through social media outlets.
stodgy old system with desire to change
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 8, 2017
ESG has been around a long time and has a strong expressed desire to change and evolve to become a modern company. Unfortunately they have not been motivated to act on these desires in the time i have been here.
Pros
leader in their core market
Cons
political beaurocrocy
Forward Looking Company
Product Manager, Processing Equipment (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 21, 2017
A waste handling equipment manufacturer that is continually looking for ways to improve its products and bring new products to the market place! Colleaguial environment which rewards success!