EnviroSolar Employee Reviews

Energy Auditor In Houston Area
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
If you are looking for a lucrative outside sales gig, look no further. The compensation is the best in the business. I drove around the entire Houston metro area for pre-set appointments and made a bunch of sales and the end result was well worth it. Office staff and management are very friendly and helpful, especially in the beginning. The training program is very impressive and ongoing. I always felt like there were people to help me through every step of the sales process.They have vested interest in making sure you are successful.
Pros
Compensation, flexible hours, friendly staff, excellent training program
Cons
Not all homeowners qualify
Sales representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
My time at EnviroSolar has been extremely rewarding. The company is fast growing and has put me in a great position financially.

There are daily trainings and the company has tons of people who are always willing to help you succeed.

I highly recommend this job to anyone who wants to control how much they make. If you are a person who wants a comfortable 9-5 this isn’t for you because it does require hard work.

The CEO and management are involved daily, they are a huge help and will do anything to help you succeed.

If you can get hired on I highly recommend it
Pros
High earnings and great training program
Cons
Extremely hard work
Extremely high turnover
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 21, 2018
This company has an extremely high turnover rate.
You will be driving as much as 1000 miles per week in your own vehicle with no mileage compensation.
Most new hires will end up spending more on fuel than they make.
Leads appear to be generated and purchased from third party sources. Most appointments didn't seem to know the company's name until we arrived. While I do believe the leads are scrubbed as well as possible under the circumstances, you will be faced with a high percentage of no shows and bad credit and these will count against your sales record.
Pros
Rarely in the office
Cons
Extremely high employee turnover
Misleading and waste of timw
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 20, 2018
Worked with them for 6 months before I got fed up of the misleading sales tactics and terrible work culture. All they care about is being in control and give no help to make you better. Didn’t want to leave, becosse I was waiting to get paid on installs, but felt that I had to move on and cut my losses.
Solar Consultant
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 10, 2018
I worked for EnviroSolar for a little over a year. It was full commission but I managed to do well. I ended up making 117K. Only downside is it did take about 6 weeks to ramp up and start making good money. You are going to drive a lot but it's worth it if you can close.

Occasionally you will get no-shows and bad credit, but that's just apart of being in sales. I would recommend this job if you're motivated to control your paycheck and have uncapped commissions. If driving is an issue don't take this job.
Pros
Uncapped Commissions
Cons
Lots of driving
Stay clear
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
The CEO is a snake oil salesman. The leads are awful and rarely do the homeowners have credit to qualify for the overpriced solar. It is a great industry to get into, just do it with a more reputable company.
Pros
Cons
Commissions, miles driven, leads, management
August 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a valuable review. We're sorry your experience wasn't successful. The leads are scrubbed and qualified over the phone before we send out an energy auditor to close the deal. Also, it's highly recommended to work the self-gen side of the business to make more income. We know this position isn't for everyone, and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Horrible work environment, a complete scam
Energy Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
You will end up driving over a 1000 miles a week to poor credit situation with no chance of earning a commission. The CEO has all ready shut down one company because of poor customer service. They also do not pay their commission if at all. Go work anywhere but here. The highest turnover I have ever seen. Do not believe anything they say.
Pros
There are no pros working here
Cons
Zero pay, horrible leads and it will be cheaper to not work
May 30, 2018

Thank you for taking time to write us a meaningful review, and we're sorry that this wasn't a good fit. We are very clear in the recruiting and training process on the amount of driving done for the outside sales position. As well as, how helpful an app can be to manage your vehicles miles, gas, and maintenance. The company has learned a lot from being in energy efficiency/home improvement business over the years, and this is why we only use certain manufacturers we know will honor their warranties. Because of our improved processes this has led us to be the leading residential installer in the state of Texas. Thank you again for your feedback, this helps us better the Envirosolar Power brand.

Horrible company and work environment
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
Horrible company! They lie to their customers, they over charge for solar at 5.50 a watt. They sell cheap packages and they will bait and switch their customers. They will say they're getting good panels and then buy cheap polycrystalline panels from china and do the customer wrong. Leads are horrible.
Pros
Cons
Whole company
August 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write the above review. We sell North American manufactured products and bundle the solar with energy efficiency items to help reduce the homeowner's consumption. We stand behind the products we sell with some of the best service and monitoring warranties on the market today. This has helped us to become the number 1 residential installer in the state of Texas.

We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors, and thank you for your feedback.

False promises. Horrible appointments. Everyone has left in sales that’s been there more than 4 months in sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2018
When you start they feed you the “bad leads” openly with the promise after so many closes they will feed you good ones. Then after like 10 credit fails they send you on some descent ones. Here is the catch. Their pricing is 60% higher than the competitors so they buy leads 100 miles out of DFW hoping the competition won’t go that far. More than half won’t be home. Others will say they called to cancel. If your awesome you convert 10% of the appts (company’s own words). I closed at close to 25%. Do the math. Driving 300+ miles per day at your expense and if your good doing a sale per week you would be better off at McDonalds. Now if your applying for a market other than DFW you don’t have to drive as much due to lack of competition. For now. But in DFW the cat is out of the bag and the market has been flooded with competition that offers the same exact product and services and charges a great deal less. What makes it even worst, their customer service is horrible. You will spend most of you time between appts dealing with customer issues. Most of them caused by corporate posting bad phone numbers and not responding to the few that actually tracks down their contact info. Last but not least, your commission check will never be right. If your interested in the solar industry I encourage you to pursue it. Just not with this group of clowns.
Pros
Not in an office most of the time. I enjoyed that. Meeting interesting folks on appts.
Cons
Wrong pay. Lousy management. Unqualified leads. Pricing. Customer service
May 30, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a valuable review. We're transparent as possible when it comes to the job description, and what this position entails as far as personal resources are involved. All new reps should download an app to document mileage, gas, and maintenance on their vehicle, that way you can be reimbursed on your taxes.

The leads are scrubbed and qualified as much as possible before a sales professional is sent out to the home for an appointment. Leads are being converted to sales consistently on a daily basis, allowing us the be the largest residential solar contractor in Texas. There is also the opportunity to earn a higher commissions while working on self generated leads.

We strive for every single member of our sales family to be successful through a top notch training program. We're sorry that this wasn't a good fit for your situation, and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Great Environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
Envirosolar is a great place to work! I love coming to work everyday the atmosphere is amazing. I have grown so much in the time I have been employed here. I've had the opportunity to learn a little bit in every department which I feel I wouldn't get in another work environment. Training is a main focus with this company, and I think that has a huge impact on the great success!
Pros
Management is very involved, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Occasional Weekends
Fast Paced, Exciting Company With Lots of Growth Potential
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2017
Envirosolar is a fun, fast-paced company in the solar industry that is growing by leaps and bounds! Everyone who works here has the common goal of being a part of something bigger than themselves: leading the renewable energy revolution in this country and saving hard working families lots of money, both today and in the future.

It is so great to be a part of something that you 100% know is for the betterment of our future. Helping home owners achieve energy independence while decreasing one of their biggest monthly expenses keeps me driven and excited to come to work in the morning! We are all working towards making Envirosolar the household name in the solar industry, and our company's potential for advancement is incredible. We have fun, but with a great purpose.
Pros
Unlimited Future Potential
Cons
Long Commute
Growing Company with endless opportunities!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2017
Before coming to work for EnviroSolar. I really didn't know much about the industry. Now my passion lies deeply in this industry with so much knowledge of Energy Renewables that I look forward to coming to work everyday. This is a growing company but still somewhat that "family" environment where the CEO and VP are both heavily involved in the day to day and are hands on and do a lot of training with the Sales teams.
Pros
Hands down highest paying in this industry
Cons
Wish I had some more training when I onboarded
Fantastic Opportunity
Sr. Energy Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2018
I've now worked for Envirosolar for about 4 months. My pipeline is full and I am making a great living. If you are confident and you take the time to learn and follow the process, you will be successful. Great products and whole home solutions. A job to feel good about, because you are saving folks money and helping the planet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EnviroSolar. Our community is ready to answer.