Envision Employee Reviews

Family Environment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2018
Envision has a great working environment. They treat their employees like family. I feel that I can make a real difference working with the individuals with disabilities. My boss listens to me and I feel like they really care.
Supportive working environment
Skill Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Very supportive Environment. Could be stressful at times when you are working with aggressive kids.
I learned a lot about myself at this job. Specifically how to be self aware and not to address a concern when I an frustrated about something.
The hardest part of the job is working with the kids and at times feeling like you are not making progress.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are working with a child on a skill and they start to show signs of "getting it."
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
working evenings
N/a
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2017
Not happy with the company poor management not enough pay benefit is not worth it you are not compensated for any of the work you put in needs a lot of change with the company
Productive and encouraging workplace with high-spirited coworkers who are all focused on the betterment of the program.
Scholar Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Ohio, and BostonOctober 27, 2017
A typical day at work would be early mornings, some days it would be a struggle to get up and be 100% ready to jump into the workplace. Days were long, but I would consider that more of a pro, than a con.
I learned that you can change a kids' whole summer for the better in just one week, and to me, that makes the job so worth it. Management was very professional and encouraging. They made sure I was always on task while never becoming discouraging. I liked the workplace culture. Although there were points where I believe not everyone was focused on their job, all of my coworkers and I became a family over the summer. At the end of the day, our main goal was the success and betterment of Envision and to give the kids a productive and awesome week. The hardest part of the job for me was getting up on time and being able to jump right into the workplace at full force. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was trying to get all of the kids to make me their favorite advisor. I would want to put a smile on as many kids faces as I could. I was very successful with this, and that was by far my favorite part of the job!
Pros
Meals per diem, Flight costs covered, nice living quarters
Cons
Alot of hours (pro as well), not very much free time
Easy flexible
Direct support Person (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2017
A good, friendly company. Paid training and flexible. They are really supportive and accommodating. There are a lot of benefits and you can always come back as long as you leave on good terms.
Could be better
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Questionable ethics, but great compensation and benefits, company makes you feel as if your position isn't important and disposable. Also they need to incorporate more integration with individuals being cared for.
great company
Light house keeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2016
awesome job to work for, very fun place to work at. its challenging but helping people is what we love to do. we cook clean. pass meds. take residents out on outings and to and from their workshops.
I've been there for a while but its ok
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2015
It has changed to be a little bad in the next year. But I guess it will get better. my co worker are ok but at the same time. Management changes often. The hardest part of the job is my schedule.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
I love interacting with my individuals
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhJune 18, 2015
Conversing with my individuals about their day. Having one on one time getting to know them and enjoying seeing them smile. My coworkers are wonderful and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job will be parting from my individuals, I've grown extremely attached to them.
Pros
Getting to know my individuals likes and dislikes
Cons
Lack of communication
Enjoyable work environment
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of passing medication, preparing meals, assisting with hygiene task, documenting goals, and taking residents out in the community. I have learned that working with residents as a team is imperative to complete all tasks during a shift. The hardest part of the job is when co-workers do not come into work and you have to stay for the shift until coverage is found. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with the residents to see their progress.
Pros
The pros are working with residents and co-workers.
Cons
The cons are not getting challenging assignments and responsibilities.
Company seems as though the employees do not matter.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 29, 2013
I did learn a little bit more about the insurance side of billing.
Management is nice, but to help with issues.
My co-workers were wonderful and willing to help, but were not allowed to do so.
The hardest part of the job was working everyday without knowing for sure that I was providing the correct information to the members.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to actually help a member with their issue and taking breaks with co-workers.
Pros
They paid me
Cons
Lack of care for employees and lack of training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envision. Our community is ready to answer.

Envision Reviews by Location