Envision Physician Services Employee Reviews

Great people, horrid management, cut-throat environment among the senior Physician Assistants.
Physician Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Emergency Physician Services which provides staffing for Banner Estrella, Banner University, Banner Ironwood, and Banner Goldfield is poorly managed. The original group Emergency Physician Services sold out to Emcare, Emcare Sold out to Envision, and Envision is due to be "acquired" by (CCK?) international investment firm. This has essentially castrated the leadership. The group values production and patient's per hour statistics above all else. Greed and incompetence in the local leadership has made this a miserable place to work. The Physician Assistants are treated poorly by management. There are senior physician assistants who will poor guidance, and continue to care only about their numbers "cherry picking" and hoarding easier cases to buffer numbers is a common practice here.
Worse mistake EVER accepting the job
Posting Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Posting department head is a sub-poor manager. Lacks time management skills but wants everyone to add mystical hours on a clock.
Worse manager ever had the displeasure of being under and is ultra prejudice. Downsized entire departments after was already bought out. Its also under suspicion for shady practices with MDs.
Advice: Run!!! Cross the street. If a job offer drops from the sky - duck! If it chases you stone it!! 100,000% being honest.
Pros
Centrally located. Cafeteria overpriced onsite
Cons
Several eateries within walking distance for 30 minutes for lunch
productive
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 22, 2018
Production company. On going continue education. Management assistance with projects and making the environment a better work place. All coding and education tools available.
Pros
confidence in their employees
Cons
No longer remote
work smarter not harder
accounting (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 16, 2018
The company wants you do do a lot but they do not provide with all the tools to work for. IT department is the worst to deal, HR never has no clue what's going on with new hires, Benefits don't have a control over their 401k and benefits, Not a family atmosphere, you only work with strangers. Overall the company is not an organized, errors everywhere, overpayments, employees do what ever they want , no supervision. no controls, no discipline
Pros
Yo dont feeel like a professional workign at Envision
Cons
Nobody knows what you doing
Overall the company was ok until the layoff lost lot of friends
Document Scanner (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 4, 2018
The company was ok overall until the layoffs started every company has its problems and this one is no exception worked there fore 17yrs thought I would retire from there but it didn't happen would not send anyone there to work as there is no job security too many chiefs not enough indians
Workplace culture
Emergency Department Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 20, 2018
I have to say that the company, or at least the institution that I work with, the people are fantastic. Direct colleagues have a great working relationship. We are also able to bond outside of work with occasional outings as well.
Incompetent
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 8, 2018
The management is awful. Each manager/director/supervisor has his or her own set of rules, at least in the post billing department. This company is seriously lacking in organization, incentives, compassion, and professionalism. We were pitched some amateur campaign about how the goal was to be a family atmosphere when the truth is they could not care any less about anyones mental health or well being. Most of the higher ups are ego manaics, and the pay is not worth the stress. There is not clear cut instruction on how to execute the work, and no room for advancement. If you are young and looking for experience by all means waste your time here. If you desire to have a competitve, respectable, professional position at a reputable company, keep looking.
Pros
401k, health insurance
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, corrupt
Good working environment
Coder Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 29, 2018
A day at the job can be very busy and fun and worked and before you know it the day has gone by and all work was accomplished. I enjoy my job working with people.
Good place
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 7, 2018
This was a good place to work for however the contract ended and many people lost their jobs. Overall it was a great company to work for if the pay would've been a little more.
Look elsewhere!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 6, 2018
The company was wonderful and like a family when it was Sheridan Healthcare. Once merged to become Envision the company no longer cares about the employees. Everyone is constantly afraid they will lose their job. Envision is letting go hardworking Sheridan employees so the can transition current Envision employees in their place.
Change in Management
RCM (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 21, 2018
Management in RCM needs to learn how to take control and stop letting their sloppy workers destroy the work culture for those who are actually professional.
Benefits
Cons
Environment disrupts me from being the professional I am
Workplace Culture
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Off SiteApril 9, 2018
Company does not care for employees that work off-site. No room for advancement. Culture - out of sight, out of mind.

High management turn over.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Some Holidays, Now offer tuition Reimbursement
Cons
No room for growth
great pay
Enrollment Specialist, Envision Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2018
great pay. not much room for advancement. made great friends. learned alot about the business. not much appreciation. very corporate environment. good hours and benefits.
workplace culture
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 8, 2018
This job is based on healthcare and there is a lot of production that has to be met. It is a very fast paced job. Must be a quick learning and able to type at 60 wpm
Enjoyable place to work.
Executive Assistant to Executive Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 24, 2018
Although it could be very stressful and overwhelming at time, it is a nice place to work. Team players and all work together to get the job done in a timely manner.
It's a "Who you know" type workplace
Site Hospitalist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2018
When I first started it was as pretty good workplace, upon several different merges it became an uneasy work enviorment. Lack of communication; Lack of training; Lack of upper management support. Just feel like you are out here alone. As a Site Coordinator there is no comminication from Corporate nor Hospital so its hard to know what is going until its too late. Not the best work place literally at one point we were working in a storage that never got cleaned until we complained...We have since moved to a larger storage room...Trying so hard not to be negative, but the only positive was it was close to home and the relationship I built with my physicians because they are pretty much in the same situation as I am...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of support and communication
Productive and Fun workplace
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 6, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. It is relaxed and easy going, while still upholding company standards. Management is wonderful. I enjoy working alongside the physicians and mid level providers. I have gained some really valuable skills here as well. I think overall, Envision Physician Services is a fantastic company to work for.
Very unorganized
Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2018
With the recent merger between EmCare and Sheridan, this company has really gone down hill. There is a big disconnect with the senior management and what is happening on the ground. It is sad because EmCare (now Envision) was a great place to work.
good company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Managers give you feedback and it is an easy job/company to work for. they provide training for everything and if you feel you need more training, they provide it to you. They are family oriented and they have great benefits.
Cons
need to be there for at least a year to apply to another department
Interesting
Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 17, 2018
I loved my co-workers and my supervisor and manager were very nice but all sense of job security was ripped from us when our entire department became outsourced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envision Physician Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight