Envista Forensics Employee Reviews

Family culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2018
Envista has provided many opportunities for me to grow in my position and work to the best of my abilities. Whether you need help from your immediate team or another division; everyone is willing to go above and beyond to help you. Feeling valued as an employee and having a work family keep me motivated to put my best self forward each day. The pace of the work and daily changes keep things exciting. The continued growth of the company leads to an impressive future.
Pros
Ample PTO time, 401K match, family culture, tuition reimbursement.
Welp!
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 11, 2018
I did not work for Envista Forensics long (a little under 2 months). I knew 2 weeks after starting that I made a mistake going to work for the company. I was looking for jobs online after moving to a new area and found Envista’s ad for an “Administrative Assistant”. I know that title can encompass a wide spectrum of tasks/job duties, however even with that said I don’t think you could group this position in that category or anywhere close to it… The job in a nutshell was to bill insurance companies for use of Envista’s services: Inspections done to tell who is legally liable to pay for insurance claims that are reported. I wish this had been communicated to me more clearly when interviewing the 4 separate times for the position. ***This is a job for someone who has experience in the insurance industry: like a claim processor etc.***

I have mild experience in AP/AR here and there, but I have never done billing/invoicing and insurance claim work as a career, nor would I want to.

I also want to mention that I was “trained” by 3 different people. Each person would give me completely different directions on how to proceed when billing/entering data into the programs the company used. Most of the training if not all was done over IM, Skype, and the phone. When I first started I was given an operations handbook with instructions and references, but 75% of the information was outdated and no longer used. Very frustrating to say the least.

Another aspect I did not care for is the fact that I worked alone in a warehouse building with a small office space Mon-Fri. This was an
  more... extremely bizarre work environment. It felt lonely and cold...

In my opinion the type of person who would flourish in this role is one who does not need social interaction (like the kind that is found in a traditional office setting), also someone who possesses experience in the insurance/billing industry, and enjoys a TON of data entry.
Pros
You could wear Pj's to the office because you work w/ no one!
Cons
Mundane, repetitive work, poor instruction, lonely work environment
Job Fished!
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 23, 2018
I was hired under the pretense that this was a traditional admin role. The job duties that were listed are shown below:

Responsibilities:
Answers telephones, transfers calls, and responds to inquiries; provides information to callers within scope of understanding and responsibility. Takes new assignments from clients. Assists engineers with communication and correspondence regarding status checks from clients.
Composes electronic and hard-copy business memos, reports and correspondence as requested. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Prepares, files, and manages electronic and hard-copy documents, using various software applications as required. Follows established policies and procedures related to the disclosure of information, including proprietary or otherwise confidential information.
Maintains office supplies and replenishes items as necessary, placing vendor orders and organizing supply space as necessary.
Receives and sorts incoming mail as directed, including UPS and FedEx deliveries and notifies recipients as necessary.
Schedules internal conference space as requested; assists in procuring audio-visual equipment and materials, ordering meals and refreshments, and carrying out various clerical duties to facilitate effective meetings and presentations.
Schedules inspections for engineers by contacting the insured and/or adjuster to plan onsite inspections.

Qualifications:
Demonstrates ability to quickly master multi-line enterprise telephone system and a variety of office software, including Microsoft Office Suite (including, but not necessarily limited
  more... to Word, Excel, and Outlook), internet communication tools, Adobe
Sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports; diplomacy; fine and gross motor skills, as well as mental requirements, to operate of standard office equipment, including personal computer, telephone system and wireless communication and computing devices, photocopiers and scanning devices and other routine equipment
Time management, prioritization, and organizing skills
Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills

Instead I have learned that all I am to do is bill insurance claims all day long, there is no “office”, there is no one to support. I am by myself 8 hours a day sitting in front a computer generating invoices and scrutinizing expenses. This would be fine if that’s what I signed up for and was told I would be doing. Not too mention the “system” that they use is very antiquated an arcadic (basically MS Excel) with no macros or advanced formulas implemented to make things efficient.

On the brighter side the people are nice. However this is defiantly not the job I applied and interviewed for. I should also note everyone in the company is spread across the United States (mostly the southern and east regions) so if you are into being trained over Skype for about 5 hours spread over the course of a week and then left to figure things out then by all means this is the job for you! :-(
Pros
Most of the people are nice
Cons
Working alone, poor billing training, tedious work, antiquated system, no local training, no local support
Lots of freedom, growth
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
The company is growing fast and there is a lot of excitement. I enjoy the amount of freedom--they don't micro-manage you. There are some long hours and travel at times.
Pros
Freedom, autonomy, challenging work
Cons
Travel at times
High school Clique
Operations Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 5, 2018
The atmosphere is good and the other coworkers are great but management is horrible. They are very unorganized and they don't work on one accord. Not supportive in training. Your training is on your own.