Enviva Employee Reviews

Pay Sucks
Pellet Operator (Current Employee) –  Garysburg, NCJanuary 31, 2019
Good working people around you. Knowledgeable people. Upper management is greedy as it gets. No pay raises worth talking about. You want get pay raises that amount to anything. 30 or 40 cent. Upper management looks at the plant working as if it was some fairy tale. They work on a computer from home and make changes to the plant and don’t have a clue what they’re doing and expect you to run they’re unrealistic changes
Good shift comrade
Pellet Mill Operator (Current Employee) –  Cottondale fJanuary 30, 2019
Great pay and was proud to work in this industry to begin with. That quickly wears off once your there a while. Upper management changes every 1 to 2 years and people with no pellet mill experience are being hired. It has become more policy's and protocol that hinders production more than it helps
Pros
Good hard working fellow employees
Cons
Some of Admi
Good at planning poor at executing
Accountant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 27, 2019
Good at planning poor at executing. Middle Management changes often and along with that people are fired so new managers can bring in their own people.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
HR can't seem to hire the right people
The was a company building a factory in VA.
Administrative Assistant/ Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 18, 2019
I worked in an office in Cary directly with the general manager. We were preparing to build a factory to make wood pellets in VA. I attended all the planning meetings and created PO for millions of dollars.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Manager moods very unpredicable
A Different Culture...
Senior Administrative Assistant... (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 19, 2018
It has been some time since I worked at Enviva. I was extremely excited, initially, to join the team, but quickly realized there was no team and the overall work culture was oppressive. However, I stayed faithful to my work ethic and professionalism until I transitioned. Not that it was a perfect environment, I leveraged the opportunity and experiences to help develop into a well-rounded professional. No matter the situation, there is always something to learn.
Pros
nice pay, plentiful and diverse snacks
Cons
management, culture, management...
Slavery is alive here for all but the elite site leader and corporate chiefs
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 30, 2018
No amount of money is worth your soul because that is what they expect.... your soul. Production and volume at all costs. Confined space entry with no permits. Unbelievable. Want a divorce, health problems, pure slavery, then join enviva
Pros
Pay
Cons
24/7 work expectation
This place is a joke
Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSNovember 13, 2018
Stay away don't even think about it worst working area and environment ever your days off are not your days off they make up meeting to come to on off days pay time off yeah ,
You just swapping days get ready to be throwed to the wolf's if you going to work here NIGHTMARE JOB if your ready to end your life then please work here
Pros
Learn to pinch a penny
Cons
Get promises great things but only get lied to
Do Not Work At Enviva
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Faison, NCOctober 9, 2018
Worst experience I have ever had in ~30 years in engineering. This company's culture is hostile, intimidating, and completely disfunctional to the core.

Numerous examples of executive leadership resorting to yelling expletives to their subordinates.

Numerous examples of short cutting safety. Even saw plant manager witness an employee enter a confined space with no lockout or confined space permit.

Overall, hard working and dedicated hourly staff being led down the wrong path by leaders who have no clue about how to treat the company's most important asset...its people.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to List
Friends, and family
Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VaOctober 8, 2018
Myself along with several others are planning to quit, this place needs new management, and safety. They only hire friends. Need new management and more safety.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Death trap
Not a fan of working Christmas or thanksgiving
Runner (Current Employee) –  Cottondale, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Like everyone on my shift not crazy about most of the admen. Didn’t mind the hours just not to crazy about having to work holidays. I have a great work ethic in my opinion.
Pros
All the hours you want
Cons
Have to over vacations
Good days bad days
Dumping hoppers, Conveyors, Re-chipper (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 8, 2018
Lots of things you can learn from this place. I enjoyed most of it. It is a mill so you have swing shifts. Most of the people were OK. The hardest part was trying to do something one way and someone else try to tell you to do there way
Enviva is a good place to work
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Faisons, NCAugust 6, 2018
I worked for the cleaning crew at Enviva Pellets. I cleaned pellets from under pellet mill machines and dust them. I also dug big piles of dust and dirt build up. I also sprayed off dirt and dust build up on metal and steps. I swept walk-ways and mills areas.
Its not what it seems
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCAugust 1, 2018
To many changes with management that makes their job easier than the people that work for them then they wants all employees to work to hard more work loads and less pay
Micro managed
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Garysburg, NC 27831July 9, 2018
Helped with career. Enjoyed coworkers and local management. Upper management was lacking. concerns over safety. Didn't like rotating shift. Learned about pulp industry.
Driven
Operations (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2018
Small, growing, a lot of travel, many improvement opportunities. pretty frequent turnover, willing to spend money, fast acting, will take risks, sometimes thin support
Pros
willing to spend
Cons
travel
Stay away
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 29, 2018
If you are considering this, just stop. Back stabbing conniving people everywhere. Management is terrible. A revolving door of knowitalls that never ends. No accountability. Everyone just wants to be a boss and blame somebody else. Non skilled labor makes as much or more money than skilled labor.
Pros
Make a paycheck
Cons
Just about everything
Snake pit
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAApril 22, 2018
Everyone is a target. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Not a good experience. Members of management are incompetent of decision making. Everyone there thinks they're in charge but accepts no responsibility.
Busy
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Faison, NCJanuary 25, 2018
On your feet all day with little to no breaks. Have great benefits and you get bonuses if the plant is doing good. Management is easy to work with. Long work day.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses
Cons
No breaks
My experience at the the company
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCJanuary 25, 2018
At Enviva a typical day at work would start at 5am. I would leave ho,e no later than 6am to arrive at work and in the meeting area no later than 7am. As a control room operator I would listen to the operator that was getting off in the morning about what transpired throughout that night. Also listen to the team leader about what went right and wrong throughout the night, From there I would adjust my parameters based on these communications. From that point I would monitor and adjust several feeds based on real-time situations including mix changes, moisture swings and etc. Throughout the day I would also type on the datasheet all current conditions with the material hourly. I'd also send out the 2-hour report every two hours. My experience with this position taught me allot about being responsible for all processes throughout the day. My experience with management were good at times but after being labeled whatever it seemed that I would inevitably be rode hard and put away wet.
Good and easy place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 30, 2017
we go to our designated station and clean the machinery. Then after break we rotate stations. if we every finish one job early we would find another way to stay productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enviva. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7