Envoy Air Employee Reviews

Bad
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
I did not like this job at all. They don't care about you and let you get blamed for things out of your control. The pay is terrible. Not making enough a month to live in a basic apartment. Managers and supervisors are terrible. Everything is unorganized. Bad job.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
everything about it especially the LOW PAY!
Best Regional Airline in the World
Commercial Airline Pilot - First Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2018
You want to learn how to become a professional airline pilot? start with Envoy... excellent airline with great benefits and path to grow with AA. you will love it
poor only job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2018
this job is meant for people searching for free flights. the job doesn't pay much meaning working full time makes taking flights hard. the poor management staff does nothing to help accommodate your everyday life. the shift bid is based on seniority but is shady meaning spots being saved my management off days being give to the "Friends" of management staff. poor conditions in msy airport other airport for envoy unknown
Pros
free flights
Cons
poor management, poor condtions, bad pay, bad pay raises
Amazing benefits good place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2018
Envoy is the largest wholly owned regional airline for American Airlines. The company has the feeling of a small company even though it is large. The senior management is approachable and makes you feel that you belong to the team. The benefits are amazing. My only complaint would be the lack of direction for upward mobility. I enjoy working here and unless a much better offer was to come along I will most likely retire, a second time, from here.
Pros
Flight benefits, small business feel, good people
Cons
No map for advancement
Basic
OPERATIONS PLANNING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Travel benefits was the only real benefit. Wages are below poverty and corporate executives do not care about employees below them. The airline industry is a difficult industry to make a career in unless you are a pilot.
nice job
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
Management is nice but not organized. The very quickly and very very fast paced. I was very new and they didnt not consider that of me. I had to get alot done and memorize codes in very short time .
Excellent Company
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2018
As a Regional Airline, Envoy supports American Airlines as a cost competitive alternative to mainline employees and pay. You learn through a less aggressive red tape oriented process to be efficient and employee focused. Workplace culture is supported by the desire to do a great job, as opposed to the expectation to get more just because of your time with the company. The job is as hard as you make it, but working for your team and seeing the achievement of working together makes every day enjoyable.
Pros
Great company with multiple growth opportunities
Cons
Less pay than working for the parent company
How I loved the job
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
I Really Love This Job It was very easy learning how to do everything they made sure the safety was big and they I love the pay and the hours you can work as many hours you want I loved this job
it is ok
Fleet Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2018
this job is only good right now if you like to fly. The flying benefits is great but you need to work so many hours just to make a good paycheck. But if they give a good pay raise this will be the ideal job
A good stepping stone to the individual looking to start a career in the airline industry.
Station Agent/Ground Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 26, 2018
This is a good company to work with as it is wholly owned by AAG. You get pretty much the same flight benefits folks at mainline American get. Other then that its gonna be a while before we see an increase in hourly pay for a ground handling employees.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Low pay
Productive environment there was always something to do. Great place to work to stay in shape.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2018
Envoy air was a great experience for me. From the benefits of flying anywhere in the world for free to having dental and life insurance. Envoy was a great place to work if you needed to pick extra hours up. Overall envoy was a go to job for me and I highly recommend it for anybody who wants to travel the world
It was ok
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 23, 2018
The management was disorganized. This job could’ve been somewhat enjoyable if the station had a better management team. My co-workers were amazing considering the circumstances and we all practiced teamwork and pretty much became family. The station currently has a high turnover rate due to the pay and the bipolar attitude of management. If Envoy just switched out management with a manager that actually genuinely cares and has a positive attitude towards employees, this would be an enjoyable workplace.
Pros
Free flights, amazing co-workers, Health insurance, 401k
Cons
Terrible management, poor pay
Long days low pay
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 22, 2018
Long days for $10 per hour (starting wage, but never fear - after 6 months you get $10.50). This company does not value its employees. They will work you 10+ hours a day for peanuts. The bottom line is: you make more money working at a sandwich shop.
Pros
free flights
Cons
pay, schedule
Too much work for small amount of pay
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2018
Pay and management are horrible. It's a manual labor job and it's very hard or your body causing illness and pains. I am just writing anything to have
Great Company with great travrl benifits
Supervisor Of airport Operations (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29418September 19, 2018
A good company to work for with amazing travel benefits. People are very friendly and management is very helpful. {i love working for them and the industry.
fun to work
A&P Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 18, 2018
every day is a challenge, theres so many different systems to learn and areas of the plane that all have their unique idiosyncrasies. you continue to learn every single day.
Who you know or who you blow
GSE Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
They have the absurd mentality that I have seen in many organizations....the idea that because you have supervisory experience then surely you can supervise any group of workers. Makes sense right? Ground support equipment is a skilled trade with technicians that need leaders that can understand what their job entails. However, Envoy has no problem putting a supervisor of attendance in charge of running a shop. It's funny to me that to be in a management role of any type in aircraft maintenance an Airframe & Powerplant license is REQUIRED per the FAA. Apparantly at Envoy to supervise GSE technicians you don't have to have any mechanical knowledge. Seems to me if you want the best performing company you would hire people that at least understood the job of the people they are supervising. Just my 2 cents.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough pay or time to use the travel benefits
Favorite job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
working on the ramp is fun, at times difficult but overall an awesome experience. I would highly recommend this job to anyone, plus you get free flights within the US through American Airlines
It was a really nice place to meet all types of people.
Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2018
Working for the airline industry granted me access to all different cultures. I really enjoyed getting out and meeting new people on a daily basis. I also got to travel for free.
Pros
On time performance bonus
Cons
Delayed Flights which could come in late at night.
good company
Air Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2018
you really have to love what you do in order to work for envoy. The pay isnt equal to what you would expect to the point you would probably make more money flipping burgers at some places. So just know what you are getting yourself into.
Pros
foot in the door, travel perks
Cons
pay, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envoy Air. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight