Envoy Air Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
American Eagle
Maintenance Supervisor/Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Krum, TXJuly 15, 2018
I overall liked working for this company. But when I needed to move due to marriage there was no position available to transfer to. I gave my notice and was sad to leave.
Slight training hiccups, otherwise a decent position
Time and Attendance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 10, 2018
My department is growing at a faster pace than we can effectively train new hires. Otherwise, it is a great position, especially if you do not have prior airline experience.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lack of training resources
good
Customer Care-Operations Agent-Ramp Fleet Service (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
i loved it it was very professional enviornments really loved the people there and the pay was good and managments was good as well as the co workers.
Not a safe place to work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 7, 2018
Terrible environment for growth and development. HR is convoluted and they have no idea what their jobs are because there is no structure on policy or how to properly execute strategy. The HR organization is not capable of leading and are seen as bullies to people. Layoffs are about to occur and transparency is non-existent, stay away from them luring you with "flight benefits" from AA, they are terrible.
Fun palce to work
FLEET SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  O'hare International Airport, ILJuly 6, 2018
Envoy was a fun fast place place to work. there is always overtime available the hardest part of the job was the heavy luggage. the most enjoyable part of the job if the environment and the people.
Pros
Work makes the time go by.
Cons
The pay is to low for what is expected of you.
Do not work for this company!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 1, 2018
My first avaition job as a mechanic and I hate it! The pay is horrible they only pay you 13.33 an hour and you top off at 28 after 12 years! This is also a heavy check station so with all the work your doing your busy the entire time for 10 hours and they still pay you terribly! I know kids out of highschool getting paid as much as me but I work on airplanes?!!? I'm only getting 4 days off a month just to get a decent check from this terrible company and with all the over time I'm putting in I'm not even clearing 1k a week how terrible! Everyone says Abilene Texas is cheap but most apartments here are $650 - $700 and that's not including utilities electric gas water etc and when your only getting 1100 every two weeks how are you suppose to survive off of that? Everyone I know here is living pay check to pay check except the old timers who been here 20 years and barely only making 1800 every two weeks after being topped out how sad... also you get free flights which is cool but its nearly always almost impossible to get a flight to and from Dallas because the planes are always full so you'll end up having to drive to Dallas which is a 3 hour drive without traffic... also if you want to transfer within the company to other locations guess what you automatically lose seniority and if you have been here 3 years making $18 an hour and transfer they bump you back down to $13 an hour how stupid is that!? Also another horrible thing here at Abilene station is they will let you work someone's shift and theyll work your shift and you'll get 6 days off straight but you can only do that  more... once a year and at every other station for envoy they get to do that an unlimited amount of time! So like I said stay away from here and also the worst part about this place is these airplanes are not considered large aircraft so if you plan on getting with a major airline the experience here doesn't count because if it did I know all these guys would have left her a long long time ago to the major airlines.  less
Pros
Free flights
Cons
The entire company
Good for the benefits
Lead Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2018
Good for the benefits. One thing is the stories you come home with. Co workers are great. Like a family. Management could need some approvement. And of course the pay could be better. A lot better for what the job is.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay sucks
Relaxed fast laced at time
Customer Service/sales/clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
At times when planes are not in then you can relax and get yourself in order for next plane. I loved thd benefits and also how emplyoyees plus one companion can fly for free anywhere you want. The mangement team was very nice and ecplained eveything during training.
Too much for little pay
CREW SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2018
The best benefit was being able to use the flight benefits immediately. The worst was coming to work and be around my co-workers who obviously hated being there and complained about it instead of being proactive about it.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
poorly managed department
This job is good if you are able to push pass your limits
Air Craft Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 19, 2018
A 10 hour day with two breaks during it , Cleaning the inside and outside of airplanes. How to clean a aircraft. Management is decent. The workplace culture is very diverse. Not having the proper tools to finish my job. The benefits that come with the job
Good work place.
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
My point of view is going to be based on the job's experience itself. It is high paced and team work oriented. Most of the co-workers have a good actitude towards their position and ever rotating role in the company. Most of the managers are very professional and worker friendly. Excelent job opportunity for people with no work experience.
Pros
Lots of work hours and a spectrum of positions.
Cons
Pay is to low for the standart of living.
Poor Management
Lead Operation and Traffic Planner DFW Tower (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 15, 2018
Over all Good Company, Lack of great leadership and training is most concerning. Great Befits .Company is here to make money for themselves . Not Customer Friendly . Customers are herded like sheep.
Was a great place to work.
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 7, 2018
It was good until the new GM arrived then it was horrible so I decided to leave the job. Too much preference with others employees. Poor management .
fast pace work environment
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJune 5, 2018
A typical day at Envoy Air started at 5pm. They do not give you a grace period after clocking in. So you go directly to the gate, behind the counter the lead gave you a fast briefing about your daily duties. It is a very fast paced job with time limits and governmental regulations. You learn to help passengers face to face. The hardest part is definitely when there are delays and passengers get mad at you but then again I enjoyed going out of my way to have other passengers that are either in an emergency or had a bad day, make their flight.
Pros
big group of co-workers, fly benefits
Cons
short-no breaks, low salary
Not a Career
Lead Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 5, 2018
Working for Envoy is an amazing experience. If you’re not looking for a career then I recommend this job but looking for a career, it’s not quick advancement. You have to put in work and even then you may not advance quickly. It has good benefits and being able to fly for free is amazing but it doesn’t pay you for the work you do
Pros
Free Flight Benefits
Cons
Pay is low
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Second shift: Get turnover, meeting with agents, delegate workload to all agents, meeting with management, delegate last bank assignments. The hardest part is making sure everyone abides by TSA, FAA and AOSSP procedures and regulations.
Manager is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2018
This terminal could thrive; but the manager has ZERO people skills, ZERO management skills keeping the entire team in constant turmoil. New hires are not trained properly - NO off time to enjoy the benefits of free flights - Manager is horrible - very unorganized, procrastinator. This station could be great - IF she was not the leader of this terminal.
Pros
Great co-workers -
Cons
MANAGER is awful
My first real job
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time with dobbs. I had fun being a food prep, especially for the airlines. Before I started working there, that was as close as I’ve ever gotten to flying, so it was an exhilarating experience.
Very friendly environment
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2018
I don’t have any complaints. I Love my job & I Love what I do even more. I’m looking forward to many more years to come with this company. My co workers are exceptional & my bosses are even better.
Very bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 19, 2018
Horrible and bad place to even try to work . Manager very disrespectful, gossip to much , lead agent sucks , They expect u know all in few days or week without no proper training and assistant . Very bad place to work . Envoy mobile Al
Pros
Free flight
Cons
No time to fly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envoy Air. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight