Envoy Air Employee Reviews

The company does not care about you
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago O'Hare Intl. AirportDecember 7, 2018
The management at this job is what made it so horrible. The managers at the Chicago O'Hare location do not care about you as an employee all they care about is that the work gets done. They act like it is illegal to get sick or have an emergency, and will make you feel absolutely horrible for trying to talk to them about it. Some people said the travel benefits were worth it, but try finding any time at all to even use them. I actually enjoyed the job and my coworkers, but the abuse from management was just unbearable and it explains why their turnover rate is so high. If they want to keep employers they have to make some changes in their management and especially their training staff.
Pros
Flight Benefits (when you could use them), fun atomsphere
Cons
Everything else
fact passed and lots of travel
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
Greeted passengers, verified tickets and directed passengers to assigned seats. Addressed passengers'' concerns about delayed and canceled flights, resolved the issue through updated information and trying to point them in the right direction to get re-booked either by customer service agents or to the re-booking center. Explained the use of safety equipment and answered passengers'' questions. Promoted the safety, comfort and welfare of passengers by listening to the customers'' needs and that the work environment is a safe place for everyone. Supervised unaccompanied minors during flights. Administered first aid to passengers experiencing medical emergencies. Relayed updates and information to passengers in a friendly and timely manner. Maintained a friendly, positive attitude when dealing with distressed passengers.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
long hours and gone a lot of the time
Who you know or who you blow
GSE Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
They have the absurd mentality that I have seen in many organizations....the idea that because you have supervisory experience then surely you can supervise any group of workers. Makes sense right? Ground support equipment is a skilled trade with technicians that need leaders that can understand what their job entails. However, Envoy has no problem putting a supervisor of attendance in charge of running a shop. It's funny to me that to be in a management role of any type in aircraft maintenance an Airframe & Powerplant license is REQUIRED per the FAA. Apparantly at Envoy to supervise GSE technicians you don't have to have any mechanical knowledge. Seems to me if you want the best performing company you would hire people that at least understood the job of the people they are supervising. Just my 2 cents.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough pay or time to use the travel benefits
Amazing benefits good place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2018
Envoy is the largest wholly owned regional airline for American Airlines. The company has the feeling of a small company even though it is large. The senior management is approachable and makes you feel that you belong to the team. The benefits are amazing. My only complaint would be the lack of direction for upward mobility. I enjoy working here and unless a much better offer was to come along I will most likely retire, a second time, from here.
Pros
Flight benefits, small business feel, good people
Cons
No map for advancement
poor only job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 13, 2018
this job is meant for people searching for free flights. the job doesn't pay much meaning working full time makes taking flights hard. the poor management staff does nothing to help accommodate your everyday life. the shift bid is based on seniority but is shady meaning spots being saved my management off days being give to the "Friends" of management staff. poor conditions in msy airport other airport for envoy unknown
Pros
free flights
Cons
poor management, poor condtions, bad pay, bad pay raises
Great benefits, poor pay.
FLEET SERVICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  dfw airport terminal bAugust 20, 2018
A great company with so much potential but they do not appreciate the employees neither pay fair and their management needs so much fixing. The benefits for this company speaks for itself .. You can fly for free almost anywhere as long as you travel with American Airlines, you and your close family such as Wife, children and parents, other members and friends have discounts but not for free. The company also provides great flexibility and you can make your own hours and vacations, As I said, the perfect company for a Part-Time or Second Job.
Pros
you fly for free and have flexible schedule hours
Cons
low payment and poor management
Stressful work environment riddles with safety concerns
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 26, 2018
You work in the elements heat, cold, and rainy and are hardly compensated. Your day can be filled with flights and heavy bags in inclinant weather all while being paid $9 hr. The option to pick up shifts is essential because 40hr weeks doesn’t provide enough for a rent and bills some people have opted out of that and found that the only way is to live in their car or airport and it’s disgusting. Management is incompetent and hardly aware, and that leads to confusion and stress! They hire anyone with a pulse and the turnover rate is exponentially high because the work/life balance is all work and no life. Yeah there are flight benefits but you definitely can’t travel anywhere within the US considering the little you make has to be allocated to rent/bills. I find the positive reviews of this company appalling and disengenous. Top pay for over a decades worth of working is the minimum wage in other areas, and nearly the start pay for American Airlines/Southwest Airlines.
Pros
Flight benefits but good luck making enough money to use it
Cons
Pay, poor management, high turnover yields an unskilled workforce
Wish I was still there
Station agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 27, 2018
I had almost 25 yrs, but there was a mandatory training at DFW which I could not stay at DFW for, but was willing to drive each day(home responsiblys), unfortunately the training hours were held at times that made driving impossible. The people are great ! My manager was wonderful, always worked with you if you needed help. The pay was good, but after 15 yrs, you top out. Health insurance wasn't as good as it once was, but 401k is good and flight benefits too. If I hadn't had home responsibilities, I'd still be there.
Pros
Tyler is a great airport.
Cons
To much paperwork, and since USAirways took over, it's not the same.
Fast paced and stressful
STATION AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 22, 2018
A typical day consisted of being yelled at or talked down to by at least 5 customers upset about cancelled or delayed flights, lost baggage, missed flights or not being able to answer questions regarding private passenger information. Management was rarely available to assist in such incidents and continuously held you over to work extra hours because they were under staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job and one of the main reasons I stayed on so long was the flight benefits. You also make great friends since you're around each other so often they become family.
Summary for what
Lead Customer Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 14, 2018
To explain the same thing in the questionnaire....Low wage, healthcare too high, stressful environment, incompetent employees, too Political and broken promises.
Pros
Flight ✈️ benefits
Cons
Pay too low, healthcare too high, stressful environment, incompetent staff, biased work environment with Above the Wing and Below the Wing, Prejudice/Racist employees, too Political and etc. There you have it, all that you wanted to know.
Pleasant surprise
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 22, 2018
Envoy has invested in my growth and development in different job roles. What started off as a job because of travel benefits became an absolute love. There is so much that goes into aviation and I love learning about all of it! The company also treats me well and I genuinely feel valued. For the most part I work with like minded people and my coworkers have become good friends, an added bonus.
Pros
Travel/ flights, ongoing training, medical/ 401k, cell phone discounts, discounted gym membership
Cons
Bags can be heavy
I learn a lot of safety procedures it was a good job to have for flying benefits but it did not pay the rent or morgage.
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 28, 2018
it is a very fast past job and very productive place to work and safety is a big issue with the fleet servicers cause you can get hurt in a instant also the benefits are great they need to just raise the hourly rate.
Pros
uniforms
Have to pick up LOTS shifts to make enough money
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
Fun, laid back work environment. Doesn't pay enough for you to be able to support yourself. You can pick up lots of hours so if you love to be at work all the time just to make ends meet this is the place for you. Great benefits for full time employees, free flights but you'll never be able to use them because you'll have to pick up shifts everyday just to make enough. Will not pay you for anytime you work over your scheduled clock out time.
Pros
Lots of down time
Cons
Dangerous work environment, wont pay you for anytime you stay over.
Productive environment there was always something to do. Great place to work to stay in shape.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2018
Envoy air was a great experience for me. From the benefits of flying anywhere in the world for free to having dental and life insurance. Envoy was a great place to work if you needed to pick extra hours up. Overall envoy was a go to job for me and I highly recommend it for anybody who wants to travel the world
Flexible Schedule
Ramp Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Every day operation differs depending on the weather of that day.
Long hours are spent at work due to deicing and delays on typical snowy days. There is downtime as long as flights are on time.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Working outside in the cold windy weather
Loved it there. Wish I could go back.
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 7, 2018
Early morning involved prepping aircraft and passengers for flight. Mid-morning and afternoon flights were simple turns of offloading and reloading for their departure. Late evening flight was offloading, security searching, cleaning, and sealing aircraft as well as taking care of baggage claims and cleaning office and break room. Management was rocky at first but great towards the end. Each day was different in some way and provided some challenges and some really cool experiences and chances to help people out. Coworkers were just like anywhere, lots of laughs and some feuds but we all acted like a team in the end. Hardest part was just having to deal with problems that we were not the cause of, such as weather. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel benefits by far.
Pros
Great travel benefits, physical work, health benefits, discounts with partner airlines.
Cons
Early mornings or late nights, working in heat, cold, rain, snow
Basic
OPERATIONS PLANNING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Travel benefits was the only real benefit. Wages are below poverty and corporate executives do not care about employees below them. The airline industry is a difficult industry to make a career in unless you are a pilot.
Flight Benefits
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2018
Horrible Pay, management treats employees like kids. There's constant turnover. Terrible shift with mandatory overtime. Borderline EEOC complaints. Not a place I would recommend
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Worst training, cattle call, poor management, not a living wage
A good stepping stone to the individual looking to start a career in the airline industry.
Station Agent/Ground Security Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 26, 2018
This is a good company to work with as it is wholly owned by AAG. You get pretty much the same flight benefits folks at mainline American get. Other then that its gonna be a while before we see an increase in hourly pay for a ground handling employees.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Low pay
You might as well apply for a major Airline
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
At least at a major Airline you receive a better pay, become part of a fully-functioning union and get benefits at a better price. Envoy Air has no integrity. Treats their employees like numbers instead of thanking them for their hard-work and years of dedication. It is completely a legal mess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envoy Air. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight