Envoy Air Employee Reviews

If you like to travel
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMarch 22, 2019
If you like to travel, you cant go wrong with working here. The flight benefits are fantastic that lets you see the world. A little bit of job insecurity due to the airline world.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Pay otherwise
pay is way to low for the stress
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 21, 2019
pay is capped at 10.50 an hour for a station agent. It is a very stressful environment. Management is the worst I've ever experienced. You deal with late flights and angry passengers.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
management and pay
Great place to learn
Supervisor Ramp Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2019
The company provides teaching and learning programs that will help develop interpersonal and work skills. Working with clerks to insure that tasks were done in a safe and timely matter. Conflict resolution training was also provided and is a most. Never got out on schedule time if you want to make sure everything was covered and in a safe position.
Pros
Flight benifits, pay; people and training
Cons
Personnel scheduling issues
company was okay
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 20, 2019
I go to work and check passenger in or process their boarding pass to board the airplane. I also meet airplane and use the jet bridge to send out airplanes as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the pilots and the flight attendants.Also going abroad the aircraft and speaking with some of the passengers. I also enjoy meeting celebrities.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
not enough pay
Captain (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2019
Great training and fun environment fantastic management skills this company will always stand by any personal matter such as sick kids time off with no questions asked
It's an airline
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2019
For anyone in the airline industry, this is a typical company. Ok pay, you work nights for a year or so before you can bid off of them, and you work with less than ideal tooling and parts. The people you work with are great, and some management has an idea of what they are doing. Parts on hand are always an issue, and you don't get holidays off. You can also be forced to go on road trips to fix planes at outstations, and can be forced to work overtime.
Good Place
Supervisor Airport Services (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMarch 11, 2019
Good environment and great training in place for leadership and front line employees. A fast paced environment that you will never get board at work.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Work Schedule
Free flights but don't stay for the coffee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMarch 10, 2019
get to see the day
a lot of learning opportunities
good amount of training opportunities
travel for work
if you are into working over time potential is there
Pros
Free flights
Cons
shift work
Worse job by far in this industry
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 1, 2019
I had over 10 years experience in the aircraft industry and never have I been treated with less respect as a human. Verbally abused by management in front of peers and singled out. Took job as it was finally close to my family and dying father. I could have made more as a cashier at Walmart. I worked weekend nights and my house got struck by lighting and caught fire with my family inside. They tried to call me for hours, but no one would answer the main phone and we were not allowed to have cell phones on the floor. Poor management, poor culture and I would not fly the planes that go out of these hangers as they do not have safe practices for engine work. They put customers and workers at risk. If you will notice, this ad for this location runs every 6 months, which is the most end of the probation period.... not a coincidence.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Too many to list, but poor management and lack of safety
I really enjoyed envoy airlines
Shift Manager (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 1, 2019
While I worked their, I really enjoyed all my coworkers and management. The hours wasn't very flexible but would work. The fun you have with a rush of getting a plane out on top is exciting.
Envoy air Great company
Lead Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2019
Pretty smooth working for Envoy Airlines, we all get along and work pretty good together. There's a lot of diversity, so to see everybody get along is great
Low wages, bad management, worst job I’ve ever had
Gate agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 23, 2019
Under staffed
POOR communication and management skills
Constantly operating with fewer employees than are “required”...leaving employees stressed and overworked....tired employees make many errors. NOT an industry where you want errors
Flight benefits would be great if you ever had time off to go anywhere...which you don’t. Understaffing leaves no time off...even part timers are scheduled 5-6 days a week. And NOBODY will trade shifts
Pros
Travel
Cons
Low wages...understaffed..AWFUL management
Lack of communication. Dirty work environment. Very clickish and unprofessional!
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2019
Very unprofessional and clickish. Not suitable for older, retired individuals. Caters to the younger ages. Manager stood me up when I came to return my badge after resigning. Never returned phone calls or emails during and after the hiring process. Very poor organization!!!!!
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
Lack of communication and professionalism, hours are awful. Not suitable for retired individuals!
Managerial Issues
customer service Agent/ Station Agent (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 22, 2019
Management was completely unorganized, supervisors soften showed favoritism toward employees while other requests went unresolved. higher authority exhibited no interest in resolving issues brought to attention The pay was often incorrect in relation to hours worked, The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction as well as free travel if you received enough time off to do so.
Pros
free travel
Cons
Work Environment/ Instability within management
Great Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 21, 2019
Loved every minute of it. Gave me the time to see the world. I learned a great deal about the aviation industry I look forward to continuing my career in aviation.
Good stepping stone.
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Ok if your just starting your pilot career. The longer you stay, the harder they make it to stay. They want to be a junior (cheap) company. Very management heavy but most of them are junior so not a lot of experience. Excellent path to the majors as long as you don't come up on thier radar.
Pros
Good path to the majors for a pilot.
Cons
You'll see
nope
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 17, 2019
it was not a good place to work for back in 2004 i don't know about it now. it was 12 hours shifts and I had a 2 hour drive one way. what I learned as a crew chief is that people only care about themselves
American Airline, not envoy
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 17, 2019
I did weight and balancing for departing flights, baggage for passengers, airplane pushback on the runway for takeoff, loaded the plane with potable water, and front counter ticketing
Pros
The people and the environment
Cons
Airlines have pro and cons associated with working there
Fast work environment
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 12, 2019
great staff
professional management
flexible scheduling hours
paid vacation
easy to move up in the company
excellent communication between staff and management
problem solving skills
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Flight benefits are awesome pay is decent once you are there a while and American has it's own bank which is also awesome this is a company you can retire with Male sure your not late to work they pay you for your trading and even give you a welcome check which is about 80p dollars great place to work
Pros
Cons
Getting juinor manned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Envoy Air. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Envoy Air.

Powered by Comparably