Envoy Mortgage Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
MARKETING DIRECTOR/SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
This is a great company to work with. Employees are nice and professional. I left in order to pursue my real estate career. Otherwise, the managers and officers are great.
Pretty Good Company Overall
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Going through major changes and they need help. Great co-workers!
A ton of lay offs. Some of the Managers have no business being Managers. Management Training would be extremely beneficial.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Envoy Mortgage
Post Closing - Collateral Shipper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
Good company but it's like all other corporations, it's who you know that will get you advancement. Sometimes, management wants work done in 8 hr but doesn't allow overtime when there's a lot of work that needs to be completed.
Pros
Good Company and management Team
Cons
Doesn't give raises except annual review
good work place and people easy to associate with
customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
enjoyed my time with Envoy and would not have left the job. Staff and management were easy to work with, salary good, job wasn't hard, good place to work
Pros
flexible time
Cons
nothing to add
N/a
Sales Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 19, 2018
Assist with calls, e-mail, and in-person communication with clients and representatives from other companies • Serve as a representative for the company at various events networking with potential customers and partners • Responsible for the duplication and storage of mortgage documents to send for underwriting purposes Operations
Fun place to work provided all the resources needed
Sr. Mortgage Banker/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 5, 2018
This was a 100% commission job. Each day brought on it's own individual challenge. I learned to be very flexible in this job and how to solve problems sometimes with creative solutions. Management and all of my co-workers were team players we all assisted each other in getting the job done. The challenges were there were so many different aspects of the process of which I had no control over. This led to frequent adjustments in order to accomplish the job.
Pros
Awesome work culture and very good compensation
Cons
100% commission...put the time and the work in and don't get compensated
Overall good. Did things to make being at work enjoyable
Escrow Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
A typical day started by pulling a report of all new retail loans to review the initial disclosures. This was for internal purposes to address and see if any major discrepancies. Reviewed all checks disbursed for payment of taxes, insurance and escrow analysis prior to mailing to a third party vendor.for taxes and to the respective payees for the insurance and escrow analysis. I got a better understanding of how our third party vendors operated. I got a better understanding of what management had to do in order to track the work being performed on a daily basis. The workplace culture was good and placed a lot of attention on employee performance and job satisfaction. The job was more difficult when the volume of checks to review and process was at a high volume primarily with tax processing. The most enjoyable part of the job was when things were clicking and going according to plan
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday and celebration of birthdays
Cons
No major dislikes. Good management group
Good pay, poor environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
The work is fairly easy and straight forward. The pay is good. The direct supervisors are the only problem.

If there are issues or problems with employee performance they are not made aware and just fired. There is no cohesiveness among the some departments. Definitely does not feel like you are part of a team.

Company wise they seem to really care about their employees. They provide breakfast every Friday and there's almost always something fun going on.
A good stepping stone
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
I worked as an intern and it was such a good learning experience for what it would be like to have a job in marketing, I really enjoyed the people and still keep in touch with them.
Great Company
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I only left Envoy because I was in an individual branch office and was at the top of my pay grade. There was also no opportunity for advancement because I was working in a small branch office.
Pros
Small Office
Cons
No room for Advancement
Typical Office
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Quick Paced
Time Management is a high priority
Customer interactions
Long hours near the end of the month to make monthly goals
Work and Life balance was okay
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Typical day would be to review loans and prioritize the day. Work on loans that were assigned to me. I felt free to speak with management regarding any issues that came up with a loan. Everyone in the office worked as a team and it felt like we were all working for the same goal. The hardest part of the job was waiting, on customer or underwriter. The best part of my job besides helping our customer to purchase a home, was the friends I made.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
salary was the same for set up and senior processor
summary
Retail Senior Loan Processor (Remote) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2018
typical day consist on managing pipeline - reviewing new files, working on approved files to gather conditions for final loan approval and obtain CTC. Once you have CTC you will order final loan docs
work closely with funding to funding conditions
Pros
not a micro management company
Cons
resposne time from other parties
Be Careful
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 30, 2017
I was let go the business day before Christmas. My manager let me go, her reasoning as she stated was "we've never gotten along". I worked for this manager approximately 2 months in the total 10 months that I worked for Envoy. I was let go because my manager and I did not get along. I was not get let go due to poor job performance, or anything improper. I do not believe that letting someone go just before the holidays exhibits Envoy's mission statement of: "Put people first, commit to excellence, and always do the right thing." I was not given any warning: verbal or written. I would be careful when considering employment with Envoy Mortgage.

I agree with other reviewers that there was a shift in corporate culture and values this year (2017). After the middle of the year, how employees were treated on a day to day basis, changed drastically for the worse.
Pros
Benefits package is very good for the size of company
Cons
No room for advancement or promotion
Working for Envoy was Enjoyable until new Managment
Post-Closing Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056November 13, 2017
I believe the Envoy's CEO's need to vet the Management Staff f or bias in the workplace. Also, vet whom they add to leadership roles. Besides that the job I was doing was manageable and on Fridays they ordered Breakfast for the staff. Also, they were very fair when it came to the bad weather. If it was to bad to come in, work from home if possible.
Pros
Free Breakfast of Fridays, Work at Home if possible
Cons
Bad Management, Staff not customer service friendly.
Overall decent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 8, 2017
A typical day was not overly stressful, there was stress to complete tasks on or before deadlines. Also, loan officers requesting rush reviews always threw a wrench in the day.
Great place to work for years ago!
Closing Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2017
Okay pay. Extensive hours were okay at first as management worked in the trenches with their team, showing their passion for their team, company, and clients. Then a significant change occurred throughout the company, causing the treatment of certain employees to change.
Nice small company
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 25, 2017
Great company culture and great employees.
Process flow is solid, underwriters are nice and helpful closing department. Can close loans quickly. Not too stressful environment.
Overall a really satisfying job
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
As a college student, this was my first office job and I was very intimidated. However, management was understanding of my lack of experience and was patient when training me. My department felt like a family and I had skilled professionals helping me learn the ropes. Deadlines are important but there was always enough time to complete the task, so I wasn't overly stressed. Seeing the diligence of the other employees pushed me to work harder and the time seemed to pass quickly. At the end of the day, I always felt proud of what I had accomplished and the encouragement from my superiors provided positive reinforcement. Furthermore, Envoy coordinates fun events and every Friday we get served a free breakfast! Altogether, I really enjoy working for Envoy and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Nice coworkers, Patient Managers
My initial experience was pleasant
Collateral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
My initial experience was pleasant but after moving to the operations side of the company due to lay off, I experienced a night and day experience in all aspects. My first role with Envoy was perfect and my manager was exceptional. Coming from an efficient dept to inadequate dept was such a dissapointment. I went from having one on one meetings with my manager for self improvement and promotional purposes to on the other hand my new manager calling employees out in front of others and sending mass subliminal emails out addressing specific individuals. I get the overall purpose but it just sets a bad precedence for the company/department's culture. Many current employees warned me after coming over that it was a HUGE mistake, I too soon knew this to be true. No accountability, unprofessional-ism/ work etiquette, not many educated individuals and a flock of family members amongst one department hiring nephews and nieces over qualified individuals.
Pros
Some departments are efficient, Free birthday celebrations and frequent company lunches
Cons
Operations Dept is an absolute mess, unprofessional, uneducated individuals