EPAM Systems
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

EPAM Systems Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews

projectsalaryopportunitycompanyteammanagergoodlot

Good

Featured review

EPAM Systems selected this as a representative review
No problem, no complaints. Very interesting projects and co workers. Always something new to learn. Great work and life balance, full package and insurance.

May 5, 2022
Thank you for providing your experience. It’s extremely rewarding to see you are finding value in our diversified projects and technology offerings. We wish you a long career ahead as an EPAMer!

Good life - work balance, friendly atmosphere, diverse projects

I worked in an internal project. Your mileage may vary. Other's people experience might be completely different if they're stuck in some external client project using some boring antiquated stack.Pros:Good life - work balanceFriendly, collaborative atmosphereDiverse projectsLots of opportunities to learn new thingsCons:Very average pay

EPAM Systems insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Best company for juniors to middle developers

Many developers work with Epam customers under customer rules. You can pass certifications freely. You have access to learning portals. Management and workplace culture are good. The hardest part of the job is to work both in customer and Epam networks at the same time.

Management greedy

1 thing I've learned after 9 years at Epam, if management promise you something to you, like benefits, bonuses and wage increase - ask them confirmation to write email with approval from their management first. I had twice situation when they didn't gave me what they promised. After second time I left.Pros: you can work for many different big companies and understand how it would be at google, apple or other big names.

July 19, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to see you found value and were able to grow by working on various projects at EPAM. We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience with management. We've been implementing more leadership trainings so our managers can be the best leaders they can be and improve EPAMer satisfaction. If you'd like to discuss this further, please reach out to us at feedback@indeed.com.

Great company overall, good place to work for many years

Great company overall, you can apply for entry level position and stay in the company for many years, getting promotions or changing career paths if you are ready to work.

Pros

Culture, opportunities, benefits, support

Cons

Depends on the nature of work

July 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to see you are enjoying your time as an EPAMer and feel supported in your growth. Wishing you a long career here!

Career advancement and skill acquisition enabler

The company encourages employee to acquire skills to advance their career. There are various training opportunities and they sponsor certification exams.Management are supportive and collaborative.

July 6, 2022
Thank you for the 5-star review! Providing meaningful career opportunities to EPAMers is one of our top priorities. We are pleased to hear you are taking advantage of our numerous learning programs and certification opportunities.

Amazing Management and work culture

Amazing Management and work culture. Internal systems are really great. Everyone is there to help each other. It is really difficult to grow within the organization because your manager keeps getting changed for no reason.

July 6, 2022
Thanks for your review! We love to see stories of EPAMers that enjoy the supportive culture and leadership. If you have any additional feedback, you're welcome to share it at indeed@epam.com.

All good

Everything is very good.There are a lot of challenges in the process of work, a lot of bureaucracy. The opportunity to gain experience working with large companies and improve your skills

June 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and helping people gain an insight into working at EPAM!

Worst company for developers

1. Management is inadequate and not competitive, they lie starting from first interview. 2. Moving developers from project to project without any negotiations. 3. Too much bureaucracy and spam in workflow.4. No any order in workflow at all.

Pros

No any proc

Cons

See review

May 27, 2022
We appreciate you sharing your experience. If you encountered any form of misconduct with management during your work experience and would be willing to share more information, please report it to us at indeed@epam.com and we will follow up with you directly.

Productive and well run

Overall, a well-run company, which offers many online courses. Hardest parts of job were the numerous meetings which took time away from some projects

May 24, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. One of the great advantages of working at EPAM is LinkedIn Learning access at any time! We are glad to see that you are utilizing this learning and development opportunity. As for your comment on balancing meeting and projects, we would love to improve this for future EPAMers. Please reach out to our team at indeed@epam.com if you have suggestions on how we better balance productivity between meetings and projects.

Mixed

Not learning much at the company and seems to be somewhat disorganized at this time (probably due to the war in the Ukraine). Good internal documentation and internal training to get up to speed on internal processes. But when it comes to actual work... not very engaging and there is no real direction setting at the present time.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We take the concerns and experiences of our EPAMers seriously, and we want you to succeed in your role here. Please contact us at indeed@epam.com so we can discuss this further and ensure you are feeling engaged at EPAM.

No job security

You have to be on a project to keep your job. Getting to interview every now and then as if you are searching for a new job emotionally stressful . If you are looking for job stability, this is not the place for you .

Pros

Good learning curve

Cons

No job security

May 17, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. We want to ensure all our employees feel supported and secure in their role. Please contact us at indeed@epam.com so we can discuss this further and address your concerns about job security.

Everyday is a learning experience

They have good work schedule, even though you have a task everyday. Everyday you will encounter something new when dealing with the installers which for me was a great experience the best part about it makes you feel good when you actually fix the issue.

Weak management

Good salary for the kind contact support work that we are doing. However, there’s no job security and you can be removed from a project at anytime depending on management/client’s decision. Only Russian speakers can move up the corporate ladder at EPAM. Also, favoritism is very common in the office. If one is not a close friend with manger, no information would be shared with the individual. It’s a overpaid body shop at best so there’s not much culture. Power struggles and politics on the management level is quite Soviet-style.

Pros

Very good salary for contact center job

Cons

Weak management, no job security

Fast growing company with lots of opportunity

There's incredible talent working here. And the company is growing very fast providing lots of opportunity to find new projects. It's also a global company which can make the days very long.

Nice place to start

I have been working at EPAM for 5 years and left.As an specialist I grew up and learned much more depending on the day I came. My manager helped me a lot in assessment and development plan. I always was ready to contribute and never had any escalations.Moreover, each project was happy having me there and did not want to release.I was expecting at least to have salary indexation but for 5 years they did it only once regardless the fact I got an assessment. So basically they increased by salary by saying it is my promo. Actually, it was a simple indexation for those 5 years I have been working there.I left EPAM because of this issue.

Unhealthy work place

Company which built business on the fact of visa dependent and underpaid employees. Company enforces employees to keep up by signing contacts where employee own money to employer (no, not because of company loan), just as type of "engagement"Company pays below market, does not share profit, does not share stock units.Company will relocate you all over the country as long as you are visa dependent. Leadership and management, no they don't have them at all. Such called manager can dictate you conditions and can not manage anything. Once manager asked me to go and agree with client about my paternity leave and reused to do that by him self 2 months. Company will never care about your assignments and don`t be surprised if get stuck with no relative assignment forever. There many good places to work. Just try to keep out and don`t make troubles to your self and your family.

Pros

health insurance

Cons

payment, management, leadership, work life balance, no carrier, assigments

Poorly organized and dysfunctional

This was the worst job I’ve ever had. While the people on my immediate team were great, and so was my direct manager, the work environment was stressful, chaotic, and poorly organized. I witnessed lots of turnover and burnout. Additionally, the department head was a terrible leader lacking in people/soft skills. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Nice people and decent salary

Cons

Immature, disorganized, low morale

Long term assignment

Job Security, good benefits. Lot of open opportunities.Global company.Better salary than competitors.Too many layers in titles.Client decides on everything.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

support and maintenance work

Good clients and well organized

They got good clients that push you to be your best everyday. Terrible management - that you might be forgotten for months. High chance you just got a job and not a career at EPAM - also a high chance you will feel that you don’t belong there.

Pros

Relocation

Cons

Management sucks

Great engineers, subpar executive managers

The engineering culture is extremely strong and takes pride in great work. The proposal and diligence processes are fair and ethical. Everyone works hard and has realistic expectations about what the IT industry is. The leadership across North America is poor. They do not provide vision or direction for their mid-level managers like me - my senior manager barely spoke to me. They chase small projects everywhere rather than establishing a brand and a vision for their resources.

Pros

Extremely competent engineers, highly ethical sales & bizdev folks, and excellent line management

Cons

Rather low pay, subpar senior management at least in North America

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EPAM Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at EPAM Systems.
Powered byComparably