EPB Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Customer Support and Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 3, 2017
Excellent team. Great company. Never boring. No micromanagement. You are empowered by the CEO to do your job even if it means that you will be making your own sound decisions. Once you get in the door, it is hard to leave. This is the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture
Cons
No Part-time
great
Customer Service & Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 29, 2017
great place to work, very stressful at times, but all in all the work was good. The pay was great, but the overtime was required 70% of the time. Sometimes it required working over every day.
One of the best mid-size companies to work for in the city.
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2017
Just listen to what their customers have to say.

EPB has a stellar company culture that promotes employee development and advancement. Managers, at least in the departments I've worked with (most of them), are very good at their jobs and dedicated to their subordinates. EPB has a very good internal recruitment process for management. The benefits are also the absolute best I've come across in Chattanooga, including from BCBS, City of Chattanooga, Unum, and Lamp Post Group. I don't know anyone with healthcare like EPB.

The extra benefits are also seemingly endless. Gyms, a credit union, discounts, PTO, etc. It's also challenging to find a company who invests more in the local community. EPB seems to have involvement with every every community benefit program, and they're always testing new ways to serve Chattanooga and the surrounding area.

I expect I'll personally be here a long while and would encourage anyone to consider EPB.
Pros
good culture, credit union, advancement opportunity, investment in training
Last resort only
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 23, 2017
Management in tech support has no idea what is going on. Plays favorites, applies rules differently to different people on different days. The benefits are good, but there is mandatory overtime and can be called in without notice.
Benefits
No work/life balance - no advancement - awful management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 9, 2017
If you enjoy being degraded on a weekly basis, having no work life balance, and no opportunity to advance or move around laterally within the company, then look no further! The management in the call center is absolutely disgusting. They treat the call center workers so poorly, more than 80% of them are on antidepressants. The cliques within management are disgusting.

Perks: excellent benefits and decent pay!
Pros
Excellent benefits and decent pay.
Cons
No work life balance, no opportunity for advancement, poor management
Excellent Benefits
Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2016
Wonderful Health Insurance, retirement pension, and paid time off, but management in certain divisions could use some improvement. Lots of favoritism and unfair treatment for certain employees. For any type of advancement or good review, it is unfortunately based off of not what you know, but who you know.
Best experinece if you are looking for progressive employment.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TNMarch 10, 2015
EPB is a non-profit agency of the City of Chattanooga and provides electric power to the Chattanooga area. They are the largest publicly-owned providers of electric power in the country serving more than 169,000 residents in a 600 square mile area. While working at EPB I have held two positions. During my time, EPB installed a fiber optic backbone and put Chattanooga on the map, earning the name of Gig City.
overrated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2014
Customer service pays well but the management doesn't treat reps with dignity
Pros
great benefits
Cons
never know when you will be allowed to leave
was a good place to work at one time
BILLING SPECIALIST EPB (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 21, 2013
i worked here for 13 years and was let go because a manager decided that from 1 mistake and she didn't like me and i was not in there work click i was not valued. All i can say is that I loved working for EPB at one time but they became people that didn't care about there employees and I know for a fact i'm not the first ex employee that feels this way. They are backstabbers and they will use you up and don't care how it affects your life. I even spoke with the CEO of this company and I thought that he would at least try to understand but he didn't even give me enough respect to give me a call back.
Me gusta
APOYO ESCOLAR (Current Employee) –  mi domicilioJanuary 22, 2013
Este trabajo lo realizo en mi tiempo libre, utilizando los recursos que me dejaron mis formaciones académicas.
En una primera instancia lo hice como una salida laboral, pero luego realmente me gustó.
Pros
me gusta
Cons
temporário