Epcon Communities, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Did not know the local standards
New Home Sales Counselor - Courtyards at Cary (Former Employee) –  cary, ncOctober 5, 2018
No support at local level. No sales center or product to show locally.
Price point started at unrealistic level. Sales team was not coordinated to function properly.
Well structured company with kind employees
Contract Administrator/ Front End Relief (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 24, 2018
Epcon is a very nice place to work with a great team atmosphere. One of the few cons is a lack of diversity in the company.
I enjoy how pleasant upper level management is, always have an open door!
Pros
Free lunches, company fun days
Nice place to work
Real Estate Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
This was a great environment where I really felt like I served families. For the most part we sold to couples that were 55+ and they were excited to get into their new home. They were able to design it and it was great to watch their face light up.
Pros
good people
Cons
work weekends.
Complicated
NEW HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Stallings, NCFebruary 15, 2018
The immediate manager gives very little assistance to your training & learning. The upper management is great but the Inventory is Limited great build.
Pros
Vacation, the build, The President
Cons
no lunch breaks, must work on day off to do reach out campaigns
Epcon is an average employer, no growth potential.
Senior New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 20, 2018
My love of new home sales drew me to Epcon due to their reputation as a builder. All sales are employee driven, but, their corporate resources are unlimited. Unfortunately they have a distinct market that they sell to and my sales became limited to that market.
Pros
Management is hands on and very supportive
Cons
Market is very limited.
This company should come with a warning label - especially the Charlotte region.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2017
The hiring manager will promise the sun, moon and stars to entice you to accept the position - after being hired, it takes just a short while to see what a mess this company is. If you've ever worked for an excellent and reputable builder, you will find the EPCON values and culture appalling. The two top sales people there don't make anywhere near the salary EPCON advertises, and are treated as poorly as everyone else. The company employees and the sales team are a revolving door, with only two sales individuals having stayed longer than a year (likely because they have too much of money on the table to walk away from without a current opportune moment). Everyone appeared to be extremely stressed and miserable and the environment is toxic. The fact that EPCON can't keep good people around for more than a few mere months is a testament to what applicants are getting themselves into. There are so many wonderful builders out there... EPCON is not one of them. Do your research.
Pros
They provide standard health insurance benefits, but actually taking any allotted vacation is strongly discouraged.
Cons
They're desperate for good people, do your research, read reviews, talk to former employees, talk to current employees.
I love this job
Land Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my job. Did not like that management did not give me credit for all the hard work that I did. The co workers were great to work with. Wish that I could have another opportunity.
Company is new to the area management is disorganized.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCMay 26, 2016
Full commission position and hard to have any consistency with income, given closing projections are over a year out! Constant turnover with employees which is a hardship of providing good customer service. Jeff Shore training is provided and helpful. Always feels good when you can change peoples lives by providing them a new home and satisfy their needs.
Pros
good money once closings come through
Cons
Management disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epcon Communities, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7