Epes Transport System, Inc.
67Average

Epes Transport System, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews
Dedicated dismay
Poor management at the Mathews Fam $
DC keeping workers in the dark, rumors Running rampant! They hire 10 Drvrs and 12 quit

When I kick butt and run circles around the veterans they would keep me at the yard not working because dispatch didn’t want to think and plan to use the talent
Empty Pockets Everyday Seemingly
The work is easy. Local drivers will have plenty of family time when you want it, but you won't make much money. No competitive wages. Each driver on an account makes the same hourly rate whether you've been driving 1yr or 20. Lowest paying driving job that I've ever had. Management is okay, but can't do much to increase your wages.
Overall good place to work
Good place to work if that is what you are looking for.....I just had to make a change to find better consistantcy in the form of loads. The people were friendly and the equipment was great as well.
Payroll
Need more pay with ICL this is a very good job just need more pay or more hours I would love to work here for a long period of time so please respond about pay raise
Awful
I was employee of the year had 4 years safe driving awards I tried to leave for a job so I could make more money the big boss begged me not to leave they hired a new manager to direct us she didn't know anything about trucking or anything about the job and she came In to the job while I was having serious health problems and I had to be off so when I came back I had to go to the doctor for check ups and she stayed mad about that so when I got hurt and the doctor told me to stay home she fired me after having a doctor's excuse also some of the other employees like to cry like fat baby's and since they kiss butt and cry they get to get easy loads and only work a few hours a day and still make there 750.00 a week check and you work yourself to death cause your a dedicated employee and your family life doesn't matter I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone the driver manager Sandy is the worst IV ever seen in my life and the local driver will in bowling Green KY is the laziest person IV ever seen and sitting in a truck is pretty lazy so if you want Sandy being mad at you cause you have a life outside of Epes and you wanna pick up all of wills work that he don't wanna do cause he's a cry baby then Epes transport is the place for you
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Overall a great company to work for
Overall a great company to work for. Benefits are okay. Hourly money it's great. You are treated with respect. I really enjoy working for apps transport
Good company
Epes is actually a good company to work for. They really help their drivers get the most out of their driving experience. Great home time and decent pay.
Epes itself is a good company
Management for local position needs major improvement. Management for local position doesnt even have saftey meetings before work, i was there over a yr and didnt even get an evaluation.
Overall good company
Good company to work for. Overall the dispatchers are very nice and will work with you if anything family oriented comes up. Trucks are very well maintained. Pay weekly is a plus. Majority of the freight locally is no touch.
Very understanding and caring company
This company does not pressure you to stay out for log periods of time. They really give you the weekends off or any day that you need to take off. They will let you work for as long as you want also. Meaning you can work the entire 70 hours per week.
Pros
Work hours, vacation time
Cons
Wait time between jobs
Don’t work out of Charlotte
Charlotte intermodal manager and account manager play favorites with drivers. They regulate your hours. I was making 50 hrs a week if not more until the new management team for intermodal came in. They have other drivers milking the clock and they know it but don’t do anything. They treat the hard working employees like cr*p. They claim they have a raise but they
increased the cost of benefits so you lose the so called raise
Do like
Not a job you would like over work for petty cash I hated I work there waste of my time and dispatch is horrible trucks are horrible everything about the company horrible
Epes/ip gt
Pay is $1080 pre tax after $750 weekly. Epes awesome company but the people we are contracted to work for are not so nice they don't care about our safety working conditions of very brutal in some instances May pose a safety hazard the people that we work for have a lack of respect and talk to you any kind of way
Been here 3 years. Best place I've worked in my 30 year career
Best Trucking company you'll find. Period. (It IS trucking, so it's tough work. But Epes is the best place to work in the TL industry.)

Drivers, Mechanics, CSR's, Payroll Dept, etc....the folks doing the real work, are quality people and professionals.

The managers and executive team...actually strive to help people succeed in their jobs.

Customers love us because we love them. If you're not safe, or don't care about customers, or don't have strong work ethic, or don't care about treating others with dignity and respect...then please don't apply.
Horrible experience
Worked delivering for family dollar trucks were dangerously loaded I was getting hurt daily pay was even worse you were always rushed dispatchers wouldn't listen it was just a bad time
Nice place to work
Coworkers are helpful, supervisor is supportive and respectful. I learned a lot during my training, but my supervisor is always available to answer any questions even after she has left for the day.
Good Environment, don't value managers.
It's okay. You won't get rich here. Management could be better at supplying resources but hey, it is what it is..........................................
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
Fun work place.
Awesome people to work for an lots of work to do as a truck driver an office worker. I’d recommend anyone to work there. They really care about their workers.
Nice people to work with.
It's a good company to work for. From my previous employment its little different because I did everything, and EPES has different departments for everything which was less work for me.
A great place to work
Working for Epes for almost two years and has so fore been one of the best trucking jobs that I have had. I been in trucking for 30 years! The only thing they could do better is to work on there communication!
Pros
good miles!
Cons
Communication!
Laid back family atmosphere
Family needs required me to leave an OTR company that I absolutely loved and had
great success with to drive local. I chose Epes for a local position because I never encountered a disgruntled Epes driver; and still have not, I have no regrets. Management is approachable and accommodating, benefts and compensation is great.
Pros
Laid back family atmosphere
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epes Transport System, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.