Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

stop and go
Internal Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 18, 2019
My role was to take the pager from out manager at 4pm which is used to take calls from all floors of the hospital and dived them out by priority and urgency then send them to the other transporters to get them done in a timely manner but in the off time between runs everyone who is free will sit in the break room and wait for another call. I learned a lot about time management and supervisory skills from our manager who tried to divide work equally and fairly among employees but in my opinion he struggled with that. By far the hardest part of the job would be when many people call for time consuming tasks around the same time and we would get far behind but that was rare to happen and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people almost every day and i found enjoyment making relationships with patients and seeing them get well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staffed majority of the time
Small Town Atmosphere with Regional Ties
Emergency Department Clinical Educator/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 2, 2018
I started in 1996 in the mailroom and have advanced to the ED, to an LPN and am now an RN in the ED as a clinical educator and charge nurse. I have grown in this facility and love my work family. I encourage new grads to come to EMRMC because they can learn a lot and not be a number in the mass of the larger university hospitals. We work as a family and have many other associates who have been here for longer than I have been. We have tuition and loan repayment available, many good benefits competitive with other companies, and retirement. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else in a full time position. After 22 years I have seen many changes in healthcare and management. We have always been a family and we take care of each other.
Pros
benefits, retirement, local and family oriented
Cons
staffing, healthcare changes
This was an excellent review.
Diagnostic Imaging Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 19, 2018
This was an excellent place to work and would love to work there again. There are many opportunities at this facility. I would recommend this facility for patients and employees future.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Long way to drive
job security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 30, 2018
close to home. available and receptive management, competitive wages, good working environment, flexible work schedule, awards good works and good evaluations for insie the company and from others
Would not recommend
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 28, 2018
Ephraim is a very unstable environment. HR is a joke. The Directors and supervisors are very cut throat and will push their own employees down. Turn over rate for upper management is very high due to the back biting and vicious environment.
Pros
Health insurance and paid time off
overall a good company
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 5, 2018
12 hour shifts
every place has its pros and cons
management has its good days and bad but overall has improved over the years
close to home
good for team work
Pros
Pto
religious based organization
Night Shift Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 7, 2018
EMRMC is conservative religiously based health care organization. If you are not religious, this might not be the best fit. And if you have tattoos, you will have to cover these as a requirement for employment.
Registered Nurse, Charge (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 28, 2018
I worked on the cardiac unit and learned a lot. I had a lot of great co-workers and everyone worked together as a team. My director was very professional and promoted advancing your career/education.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMay 7, 2018
A very competive place to work
With great benefits
I have been here almost 20 yrs, I would like to relocate to another town in kentucky and do a 3rd shift
And I need more money now with being a single mom
And out on my own
Pros
Competative beneits
Cons
Short breaks
I have never worked in a environment such as this
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 23, 2018
Most employees follow the example of their managers, and in this environment it is true in most departments, with most of its employees, the bad out weigh the good unfortunately.
Pros
some of the benefits were good
Cons
the stress was not worth any of the benefits, neither was the pay.
Hostile workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 17, 2018
The department I worked in was very hostile and most days others wouldn't do their own work yet expected you to do your own and theirs. Management would look the other way and do nothing. I watched many good people leave. I left as soon as I found another full-time job.
good place to work
Internship of 80 (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 27, 2018
Good place to work. Always stayed busy. Roomed patients, took vital signs, and patients history. Would perform simple tests such as testing the hemoglobin and flu swabs.
ephraim mcdowell
paitent transport (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 21, 2018
ephraim mcdowell is a great place to work, the co workers are friendly and care about their paitents, its fast paced so the day goes by quickly and hospital has many policys to keep infections and diseases from spreading so the staff stay healthy
Pros
they have holiday meals every so often
Cons
I haven't had a bad experience with them
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 15, 2018
I had began volunteering in 2014 through 2015 and then in 2016 I took the phlebotomy class offered there and it helped me figure out my passion in life and help me know what I want to do in my life.
Stable company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 28, 2017
Patient load for a Patient Care Technician ranged around 12 patients per PCT. Management pushed for patient satisfaction but never staffed the floors properly.
Busy medium sized hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 9, 2017
Busy lab with the opportunity to work all depts. Schedule was all over the place, made it hard to make advance plans for days off. Under new manager, but the old manager was disconnected from staff and did not really understand issues working the bench. Worked with some really good techs, so the learning experience was great.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Chronically understaffed
less pay,more work load
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  danville ky.June 13, 2017
the work load can be over whelming,pay is not that great.great place to gain experience out of the nursing home sitting. have alot of great nurse's, tech's, doctor's, staff in general.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no free lunch
High Stress
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 13, 2017
The medical industry is always high stress, dealing with life and death everyday. Patients are treated wonderfully, employees... not so much. Remember employees are key to the success.
Everyone is family got treated that way
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 15, 2016
You got treated like family and that what we were family seemed like when one hurt we all did and everyone was very concerned which is hard to find these days
Great organization to work for; priding itself in nursing excellence.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYNovember 17, 2015
Great organization offering flexibility and managerial support. The atmosphere is relaxed with good coworker and physician relationships. I have been able to capitalize on organizational change while implementing strategies to enhance nursing excellence and performance yielding positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Limited career advancement