Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

efficient place to work
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 14, 2018
Memorial Medical was a great place to work and I appreciate greatly the opportunity I was provided, motivated and a safe efficient place to work, along with flexible hours
Great starting point.
CORPORATE BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
Overall Epic is a great starting point for any individual looking to get their foot in the door of corporate America. You get a glimpse into office life. It sells you the same pitch any other corporate job does. The team is quite helpful given you are open to warming, if you are arrogant and sure of yourself don't expect too much. The management can vary from day to day based on how numbers are looking. It's a rapidly growing company, they seem to acquire more quickly than they can actually adapt. The issues trickle down to those who work the billing primarily. They state team work all day and for the most part that is true, amongst your primary team, but in all honestly, it can be a very immature environment and work conditions simmer more often than not. Those who work at the branch level can be cooperative, but more often then not they will blame any and all issues on the corporate team instead taking responsibility. It's degree level high school. What you'd expect from viewing any TV sitcom. Work and keep your head down, find a few you can trust, become proficient at a few things and you should do fine. It's great place to start for all, but only a place to remain for some. I have other aspirations and the constant back and forth with branch operations disappointed me. The upside is, all the negative I experienced kept me motivated to remain focused on what I truly desire.
Pros
Great starting point to get a taste of the adult working world.
Cons
Burn out very quickly. Not that interesting, and management can be quite fickle and controlling at times.
Epic Health
Field Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
excellent company to work for, the company really cares about all of its nurses and office staff. All of my experiences were excellent and I really miss working for Epic.
I truly enjoy and love working with these patients.
Pediatric Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2018
Nursing staff is very supportive in helping with any nursing needs in field. Scheduling can be difficult for coverage and sometimes I feel overworked.
Not appreciated
Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
The company has lost their vision to help the patients. It's all about meeting budget and revenue "numbers" that only benefit upper management. It is in the health care industry but there is nothing healthy about it when you are glued to a computer 10-12hrs a day. New changes are thrown at you every day with unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
They slave you to the "T"
Fast paced environment to work
PAYROLL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
Learn to prioritize tasks so that you are able to meet the set deadlines in order to have payroll processed in a timely manner and accurately. You also learn that attention to detail is very critical as well.
it use to be a great place to work
Pediatric Field RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
This agency is money focused. they staff so they do not care about your license. I would not recommend this agency to any nurse. Poor culture, staff does not accept accountability for their failures. it's always the nurses fault. Poor training. Poor leadership, poor management. Hardest part of the job was leaving the patient at the end of the day.
Pros
it was a job
Great people to work with.
CLIENT SERVICE SUPERVISOR/RECRUITOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 1, 2018
Good company and great staff members. The training hasn't been streamlined so there is really no set/standard guide for training new employees in some positions.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Training
not flexible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 30, 2018
management lacks advancing lpn's to higher office positions even if the person has the degree qualifications.

The company does not make sure the proper equipment is in the homes (lifts).
Pros
work was closer, training for vent was good
Cons
pay, distance for training, and turning in paperwork
RN managers are rude, no place for advancement
LVN (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 29, 2018
Worked for this company for 2 years. Night shift nurse would NEVER be on time, reported it to the office, nothing was done. Parents complained to me about same nurse coming to work under the influence of marijuana. Nothing happened when reported to office. Got another patient, parents didnt work, slept all day but wanted to complain about everything. The house you work in may be filthy, have roaches or animals urinating or defecating on the floor. Overall, the company lies, to nurses as well as parents.
Pros
Cons
No raises, filthy work environment, rude nurse managers, lack of communication within office personell
at the beginning was a very positive place to work in
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
busy days were the best days , applications, background checks , orientations.Management could've been a lot better communicating with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was orientation getting to know new people of all kind HHA, CNA ,
Not Happy
Clinical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 21, 2018
This was a very Stressful position you never know when you could find a nurse for a client and you did not always have management to back you for help. Epic could not keep Home health aids to come to work, always asking for help and being told to hire anyone that walks in off the street. The nurses and Home Health Aides all ways had trouble with there checks.
Steady work environment.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new clients. I enjoyed assisting my clients and spending quality time with themVarioffff as well as getting to know them. I had the opportunity to learn about different illnesses and how they affect people. I also learned to humble myself.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Ability to converse the majority of the day.
Cons
Various unpleasant attitudes from some clients.
Productive and good work ethic
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
Over all I’m pleased to be working for the company they are also known to be one of the only companies that work with children so this is a wonderful experience
good place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 16, 2018
Pros: competitive pay rates, flexible, employee incentives to take new cases

Cons: no paid time off, high turnover of office staff, may have some difficulty with getting cases
Okay work place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2018
They’re alright it’s just certain people you don’t wanna deal with all the time and they talk to you like your a child. They also have a lot of miscommunication
Working in the field with the Pediatric patients was very rewarding.
LVN Pediatric Homehealth Trach & Vent Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2018
Field work and direct patient care was challenging and rewarding.
Management and workman comp was very difficult to work with. Company does not stand behind you if a WC claim is long term.
Pros
Working with sweet pedi patients
Cons
Dealing with workman comp is a nightmare.
Pediatric Home health
LVN (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job with EPIC is taking care of pediatric populations who are very sick and unable to care for themselves. It is very full filling job.

The hardest part of this job is seeing your patient deteriorate and see them in pain.
Loved the patients... Hated everything else.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 28, 2018
I was hired as an Aveanna employee in a different location and the office was wonderful. Roughly 3 months after I began working for the company, I transferred to EPIC and needed to work day shift instead of working nights. The communication never got to the branch manager. I had health problems due to working nights and still was made to jump through hoops to attempt to move to days. Eventually I just left the company because they made it absolutely impossible for me to work the shift I requested.

No one is hired on as a full-time employee. For the nurses this means more money. But this also means little-to-no benefits. The company hires everyone PRN to avoid having to provide benefit coverage. They also do not cover mileage which can be a deal breaker depending on your location.

The office staff is rude and unhelpful but the clients and their families are amazing to say the least. They make the job worth every bit of stress. I miss the job for that reason alone.

Epic and Aveanna need some major cooperate restructuring in order to keep the best nurses.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Everything else.
Pleasant Interactions
Psychiatric and Medical Surgical Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 28, 2018
Working with the patients is always a delight and its the highlight of my working day. Having the new tablets in place has improved better documenting than being paper.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight