Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

Productive and good work ethic
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
Over all I’m pleased to be working for the company they are also known to be one of the only companies that work with children so this is a wonderful experience
Okay work place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2018
They’re alright it’s just certain people you don’t wanna deal with all the time and they talk to you like your a child. They also have a lot of miscommunication
Working in the field with the Pediatric patients was very rewarding.
LVN Pediatric Homehealth Trach & Vent Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2018
Field work and direct patient care was challenging and rewarding.
Management and workman comp was very difficult to work with. Company does not stand behind you if a WC claim is long term.
Pros
Working with sweet pedi patients
Cons
Dealing with workman comp is a nightmare.
Pediatric Home health
LVN (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job with EPIC is taking care of pediatric populations who are very sick and unable to care for themselves. It is very full filling job.

The hardest part of this job is seeing your patient deteriorate and see them in pain.
Loved the patients... Hated everything else.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 28, 2018
I was hired as an Aveanna employee in a different location and the office was wonderful. Roughly 3 months after I began working for the company, I transferred to EPIC and needed to work day shift instead of working nights. The communication never got to the branch manager. I had health problems due to working nights and still was made to jump through hoops to attempt to move to days. Eventually I just left the company because they made it absolutely impossible for me to work the shift I requested.

No one is hired on as a full-time employee. For the nurses this means more money. But this also means little-to-no benefits. The company hires everyone PRN to avoid having to provide benefit coverage. They also do not cover mileage which can be a deal breaker depending on your location.

The office staff is rude and unhelpful but the clients and their families are amazing to say the least. They make the job worth every bit of stress. I miss the job for that reason alone.

Epic and Aveanna need some major cooperate restructuring in order to keep the best nurses.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Everything else.
Pleasant Interactions
Psychiatric and Medical Surgical Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 28, 2018
Working with the patients is always a delight and its the highlight of my working day. Having the new tablets in place has improved better documenting than being paper.
It's not job but the people you care for at the job
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2018
This job is like any other. There is not a lot of internal perks for administrative but loads for the field staff. The job could sometimes be stressful and management could be petty about small things but that is with any company. Overall they have their bias but again what job doesn't.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Could be petty at times
It was fair
Behavior Technician, Part Time (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 18, 2018
I only work part time
I think the support is good.
I don't think it is fair that we have to mail in all of our time sheets. It is time consuming and costly. I would rather scan or email them.
Sales
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 17, 2018
Sales is very much a 2nd and 3rd tier referral network. Definitely ample opportunity to advance. Management was quite a challenge. Very much ruled with a military type of management.
Low ball
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
20 years in this specific specialty, vent kiddos. Pay is horrible. Sometimes large corporate is not good. After recent merger, absolutely no benefits for employees/nurses. Beware of a company that doesn't state their starting pay or pay scale. And they hate to give overtime. I feel their goal is to give the lowest acceptable rate they can. There are other companies that value their nurses and will pay a vent nurse lvn 24/hr. AND have other benefits like 401k, PTO, etc .
Pros
Make your own schedue as with all pdn companies, loved my case
Cons
Pay, no benefits that matter, no OT
My Favorite Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
I was devastated when I had to relocate and leave this company. They are amazing in every aspect. If I had to say one negative it would be in regards to the oncall because it could be stressful and interfere in personal lives however they paid accordingly for being on call.
Pros
Coworkers, company growth
Cons
on-call
It's all about the kids
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2018
Provides advancement, great teaching, great culture, multiple duties. Loving caring for children. Difficult to loose a child. Management is wonderful.
Taking care of individuals can really be a rewarding job
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004April 2, 2018
There are so many things you can achieve working with these clients that you wont be able to get this kind of experience anywhere else. Sometimes its hard and sometimes its easy
Dont go there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Springhouse paMarch 27, 2018
Act like they have a lot of work. Send you to meet and greets that are a waste of time. Management care about themselves not about getting you work. Wouldn't recommend epic
Pros
Pay is reasinable
Cons
Very poor management
Revolving door
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 25, 2018
The office staff is constantly new, every few months the office is full of new faces. Too many nurses on staff for the amount of work available. Have to go into the office almost every day to BEG for a case to work on...
fun workplace
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2018
i love healthcare so this was perfect. i got to work with people in the comfort of their own homes. the team is excellent with helping to match you with people.
Don’t recommend
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMarch 22, 2018
Terrible management, no room for job advancement, lack of communication, lies to clients and nurses. Have worked here for 5+ years and have no been treated fairly since new management has taken over. I have been talked to terribly by the management.
Pros
The clients are great
Cons
Terribly ran
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 19, 2018
I learned a great deal about pediatrics health care, and nursing. In addition I was learned about human resources. The Best part of the job was knowing that our employees were providing children with the healthcare they needed.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
unpaid health insurance
Poor management!!
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 18, 2018
Poor management. Branch manager would bark orders but couldnt fix or help with problems. Clinical manager was more worried about her outfits than her patients. One clinical supervisor would talk about the other one in front of all of the office staff and make fun of her when she wasnt there. The pay was way too low for how much work we had to do and how many hours we had to work. On call was not optional and things that should have been a clinical call to the clincal manager went to use because thats how management instructed us to handle it because they were too lazy to take calls at home.
Productive place with flexbile cases to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAMarch 17, 2018
Great environment, Staff is willing to work to coordinate you on cases that best suit you and level of experience. Great place to learn. Visiting patient's and families in home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight