Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

Poor management
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2018
I have only worked at epic for a month. My pay was late the first 2 weeks. I was not paid what the scheduling coordinator quoted and I was not paid for travel time as promised. The clients are nice but they all complain about the treatment from the scheduling department.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Salary
Been with co. 3+ years and I do not reccomend
LVN (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Benefits suck. You get 2 visits per year at the dr even though you pay 52 weeks fir benefits. No pay increases. If patient improves your pay will decrease. Turnover very high. No replacements when your case has an issue. Waiting for new employment with benefits and then I'm out. Dont waste your time you will go broke from either having to pay full price dr visits and medications (which there is no pharmacy plan), or not having work available.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Pay/Benefits
We just merged with a compnay
Research and Resolution Associate, Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Epic which is now Aveanna is a great company to work for. There is a lot of room for growth. They have a training that is hands on and they make sure you have all of the information that you need to get the job done.
Great working environment, until management changed
Bilingual Therapy Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Typical day was not too hectic. Checked in patients & let their therapists know they had arrived. Really enjoyed seeing the patients everyday, helping the therapists with translation during their sessions & helping out with fun projects for the patients to do. Management was great in the beginning but about a year after I started we got a new manager & she was nothing but mean & rude from the beginning. If she saw you as a threat she would get rid of you fast!
Pros
Seeing the patients (kids) everyday
Cons
New management who was mean & rude
Schedulers are a dishonest and unprofessional group of people.
nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
When I initially started working for Epic, the schedulers used to match nurses with families. Now, the schedulers (high turnover) attempt to force nurses on cases. They will pull happy nurses off their cases/patient assignment and attempt to make them work cases they have refused. Many nurses had > 5years tenure when I started. Today, few nurses remain with more than 2 years.
Pros
many cases
Cons
favoritism, dishonest office staff, no pay increases, short-pay checks, forced assignment...
Long days
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 7, 2018
Very long days worked an average of 80 hours a week. taking on call phone home some nights. However I would work here again the employees were great. Would recommend to someone.
Does not follow through
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I applied to this job as an RN; was offered $25 but talked them up to $27. First let me say the staff at the Houston office were nice. We went over what cases I was interested in, but they were constantly placing me with patients I could not take due to my size or other reasons. I felt like they were placing me with cases they wanted filled and that my desires were not being met. So after 3 weeks of " We'll call you to set you up with a case". They finally gave me a case without giving me a POC prior to the shift so I walked in blind. All this on the day the pt had a doctor's appointment. I was left alone with the pt and was 1 hr late with giving a med trying to find my footing with a pt I knew nothing about, and the mom called Epic complaining. Now, I do take responsibility for that but the way management came to me made me feel like I was being penalized. I felt like they wanted to address my issue and save face but ignore the fact that I went in blind, with no training with a kiddo with this issue, then the mom leaves me alone. So I decided to break ties with the company and emailed a scheduler to remove me from the email list because I was not going to take cases with Epic any longer, but I still kept getting emails. I found a better home health company and moved on. Recently, I got an email from Epic stating that I was terminated for not completing compliance training for a company I did not work for. I felt like the staff doesn't follow through with their word as far as assigning cases and actually returning phone calls. I wouldn't waste time with this company. I was out  more... of work for 3 weeks b/c of them but I'm doing great with my new company so I'm glad this happened and another door was opened  less
Pros
Friendly staff very inviting to new employees
Cons
Unreliable with cases and doesn't take the nurse's preference into consideration
management sucks
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Exton, PASeptember 4, 2018
they are horrible with finding people to cover shifts
management doesn’t work well with the aides out in the field
they are very last minute when it comes to scheduling
no paid vacation
milage an hour is horrible
they don’t give you a good idea on what your clients are like or what their needs are.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low pay rate
Great place to work.
Entry Level Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
Epic is dedicated to you succeeding at your job. They will give you the resources needed to do your job well. Being able to work as a team is a MUST. Doing so keeps the peace and makes it a pleasant place to work even when the work load itself becomes stressful.
Pros
Promotes from within the company
Cons
Work load
too many supervisors
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2018
Too many supervisors. Poor communication with field nurses. Supervisors did always make time to see me in person when I went to the office but took days responding to phone messages sometimes.
Pros
I got to pick my own hours with the family of my client
Cons
No pay raises, bad insurance and no PTO, vacation time
Prouctive and positive atmosphere
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 30, 2018
Gained knowledge and insight to working with the pediatric community with autoimmune and genetic disorders. Worked with little to no supervision, home setting
Pediatric Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 28, 2018
This was a very awesome place to work. It unfortunately did not have the funds to run the way it needed to be ran. We could have done so much more had we had better oppurtunities. This place was a warm and comfortable environment and put a smile on my face every day.
Wouldn’t recommend this company unless ur desperate.
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 22, 2018
Very poor communication and poor management. Schedulers lied to me and families to cover their a*. Poor morals and ethics, training. Rude to nurses. Schedulers are unprofessional and immature.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management and rude.
Epic
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2018
It was a great place to learn new things as a nurse. I loved the autonomy and loved the families. I worked on the field and didn't have much time getting to know the people who managed from the office. But the ones I had contact with were fine.
Parents desires met before clients needs
LVN FIELD NURSE (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 16, 2018
Parents wants where placed above the safety needs of the child more so than what was actually the goal: make sure that the actual client is cared for in all medical needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management easily swayed why parents of client
Micromanagement at best accompanied with long hours!
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2018
If you want to work for a company that breaths down your neck constantly and watches your every move than look no further. Epic Health Services promotes customer service to its clients, but the company does not support its employees. The company is green when it comes to leadership. Epic Health promotes individuals whom they feel are successful in the numbers only. Not those who have real world experience with customer service.
Pros
Helping to provide families with quality patient care.
Cons
Micromanagement, poor leaders, long hours, low pay, untrustworthy culture
Was not a good environment to work in
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 30, 2018
This was not a good company to work for. they did not have cases or cases were cancelled with very little notice. they did not keep up with employees when on sick leave and it was difficult if one had to come back from a period of time off.
Really enjoyed working with this office
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  NewtonJuly 30, 2018
The Epic office in Newton, NC really cares about their patients and nurses. They worked hard to keep the cases staffed and take care of each patient individually. I felt like they respected my input.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work you make your own hours and days and some of the residents are nice and some not so nice but you deal with it do your job and go to your next home or rehab
Pros
people
Cons
people
Good company, work varies
Field RN (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 29, 2018
Company is good to work for but there is the instability of patient care. More nurses than patients available. Hard to be primary nurse for single patient.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Benefits, high nurse turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight