Epic Health Services Employee Reviews

I am never sure of what my schedule will be.
RN, Pediatric and young adult home health care (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2018
I was never sure when I would be working. I would be called off when I needed to work or called in to work at a location too far away for me to arrive in time.
Pros
Very flexable scheduling
Cons
Too flexible of scheduling
Extremely stressful evnironment
Nursing Supervisor/ Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 29, 2018
Poor leadership, too big of a company. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They will tell you to do something one way and you'll have to redo you work because they were wrong.
Pros
8-5 hours
Cons
Leadership puts their responsibilities on you to do
You get to choose your own work hours
RN field nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso TexasOctober 25, 2018
It's been great working here, you have help as you need it, training is just right and useful, skill acquisition is great. Work environment is relaxed
Pros
They work with your schedule and you get enough hours, pay is fair and work is relaxed.
Cons
Some patients family can be difficult to deal with.
had a great flexible schedule
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 24, 2018
great balance of office and field, hardest part was the if was mostly female office and the backstabbing and nitpicky stuff was frustrating. staff would talk to you one day and be helpful and the next would turn away from you and not even acknowledge you were in the room when you were the only one in the room. Talk junk about someone who wasn't in the office one day then be their best friend the next. Most enjoyable part was getting to travel all day on some days and not have to deal with office politics.
Pros
freedom to come and go
Cons
not knowing who to trust at any point.
Nice company to work for
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work you can grow with them they are flexible with schedule!!! Willingly to teach you more to advance your skills consumers are sweethearts !
Good Company to work for
Research & Resolutions Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
Epic is a good company to work for. The way they work with their employees personal obligations is very good. The atmosphere is comfortable. I have enjoyed working here.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Health insurance is costly
Difficult when a family is possibly causing problems with child’s care EPIC believes parents can do no wrong so
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
Wide variety of-pediatric care diagnosis and age
Managers did very little most of the time plan of care was copied from certification to certification medication administration records were released often wrong than right. Orders written copies sent to office but rarerly were on the plan of care
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
Office RN’s weren’t helpful or knowledgeable
Epic
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 7, 2018
They a good company to work for when I started working there changed management couple times office personal things changedjust couldn't get them to give me more hours they lost an account that got them clients by
love Epic Healthcare
LVN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 4, 2018
I love my work environment and my patients. I have grown a-lot at Epic and learned my strengths. Working with my pediatric patients . I find happiness daily by seeing my patients grow and mature. EPIC allows their nurses to have fun
Very great place to work, people are great and so are the clients
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
I loved working for EPIC, they are a great group of people to work with, They are very understanding and compassionate. They care about you as a person and help you with whatever problems you might be having.
Good workplace
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2018
Good workplace. Management worked with you in scheduling. you always had an opportunity for overtime. You always were able to pick up other shifts. Money depended on the case you were on.
Comfortable, clean workplace with steady work flow.
QA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Epic Health Services. Work was steady, fast paced and occasionally stressful. Had planned on working at Epic until retirement but after a corporate merger, the company had a workforce reduction.
dont like it
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
the people that work there don't care about their job or the people that work for them, so I would tell anybody that's thinking about working here; please don't.
I am content with my job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PASeptember 26, 2018
I will not leave epic however, I love my job and to help those in need. Most of the times I am contacted through emergency staffed coordinators on the weekends because they know I won't mind working.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springhouse paSeptember 26, 2018
Good place to work. Always had full time hours. Until the closed the office that was near me. The new office was an hour from my house and after my client passed away their was no clients close enough for me. Would still work their if it was for this. Sometimes the people in scheduleing would be rude but management was great.
Pros
Plenty of hours available
Poor management
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2018
I have only worked at epic for a month. My pay was late the first 2 weeks. I was not paid what the scheduling coordinator quoted and I was not paid for travel time as promised. The clients are nice but they all complain about the treatment from the scheduling department.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Salary
Been with co. 3+ years and I do not reccomend
LVN (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Benefits suck. You get 2 visits per year at the dr even though you pay 52 weeks fir benefits. No pay increases. If patient improves your pay will decrease. Turnover very high. No replacements when your case has an issue. Waiting for new employment with benefits and then I'm out. Dont waste your time you will go broke from either having to pay full price dr visits and medications (which there is no pharmacy plan), or not having work available.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Pay/Benefits
We just merged with a compnay
Research and Resolution Associate, Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Epic which is now Aveanna is a great company to work for. There is a lot of room for growth. They have a training that is hands on and they make sure you have all of the information that you need to get the job done.
Nice place to work for
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The company accommodates the days I’m available to work. If I ask them to train me for a specific skill they are very willing to help and guide me. If I have to go on vacation as long as I notify them ahead of time they are ok with it.
Pros
I work part time/ PRN and I just let them know the days I’m available to work.
Cons
They don’t pay for gas mileage.
Great working environment, until management changed
Bilingual Therapy Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Typical day was not too hectic. Checked in patients & let their therapists know they had arrived. Really enjoyed seeing the patients everyday, helping the therapists with translation during their sessions & helping out with fun projects for the patients to do. Management was great in the beginning but about a year after I started we got a new manager & she was nothing but mean & rude from the beginning. If she saw you as a threat she would get rid of you fast!
Pros
Seeing the patients (kids) everyday
Cons
New management who was mean & rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epic Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight