Epic Piping Employee Reviews

Do not work here.
Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 15, 2019
Petty office drama and backstabbing. Especially in QC office. Rumor mill worse than any high school. Corporate office will let good people go for "policy violations" and label them ineligible for rehire but take others back after refusing drug tests they know they would fail. Shop management gives no cares for quality and will frequently bypass quality control and risk pushing out bad product. These pipes are used on pipelines and offshore rigs. 2 words. Deepwater Horizon.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Poor managemet
how i liked employment
custodian warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 4, 2019
I had fun people were nice started cleaning learned how to get along with people learned how to do things enjoyed holidays and weekends off and enjoyed company parties
Not the greatest place to work
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Livingston, LAJanuary 9, 2019
Would not recommend working there until they get their act together. The ones in authority do not understand how a shop is run. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Taking time off is a rare thing
Challenging work environment
Welder surveillance and audits (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 20, 2018
The management is not supportive of inspectors and their findings. It is difficult to obtain answers to questions. Problem-solving skills are invaluable at this job.
Good job environment can’t beat an air conditioned shop. They are detail oriented which I think is a plus as a Pipefitter I appreciate the opportunity
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Livingston, LAJuly 1, 2018
As a Pipefitter I appreciate the opportunity to learn from other more knowledgeable fitters within the shop. The shop is a little more advanced/progressive and equipped than many others and allows for a good good working environment to expand your capabilities as a fitter. I really like all of the management. They have a few production flaws but nothing that is unbearable. Overall a great place to work but are strict and don’t put up with any slack from employees. Only complaint is that they are very controlling when it comes to employees. For example they are very strict about punctuality, behavior, and privileges for example recently took away all radios to restrict any distractions while clients are in house. Also restricted smoking except for on scheduled breaks and there is absolutely no smoking in the shop. They are just a little high and mighty and definitely bigheaded. But you learn to throw it back when you can.
Pros
Top of the line equipment/benefits plus a/c
Cons
Strict regulations
Very busy and requires a lot of hours.
Q.C. Department (Current Employee) –  Livingston, LAJune 27, 2018
Good place to work if you don’t have kids at home and you need overtime. Pay is pretty good. Lots of friendly people. The first fabrication shop with air conditioning.
Pros
They do work with you when necessary.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours.
grate place to learn
Welder (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 17, 2018
just a good place to work and learn and grow with an up and comeing fabrication company i came in with no knowledge of welding and was trained to be a tig welder in a short time
It starts at the top
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos TexasApril 16, 2018
To answer the suggested bullets:
A typical day at work - constant change in direction, arguments over meaningless topics
What I learned - watch your back.
Management - The only good managers left on their own because they recognized how terrible upper management is.
Work place culture - "Not my job", no team work, no drive to get better or use technology, how can we hide a mistake is a common theme.
The hardest part of the job - dealing with people and management that have no idea what they are doing but are never wrong and will never even hear another opinion or option.
The most enjoyable part of the job - The day I terminated my employment.
Pros
There are no pros to speak of.
Cons
Terrible work environment and leadership.
Daily work
PipeFitter - Level III (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 14, 2018
I have been employed with Epic for 3 years, they have changed managements 4 times since I've been there. Favoritism is a problem here and you are not shown you're appreciated much.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, not appreciated, unfair
Poor management, low pay
Tack Welder (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 18, 2018
It's fine if you have never welded or fitted before because that's who they primarily hire. Management are all young. Welding supervisor has never welded before. A lot of back and forth tossing blame. Not a great environment.
Pros
Any experience is good experience
Cons
Poor management, low pay, low skilled labor, poor planning and inability to follow procedures
excellent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Its a great place to learn different material definitely recommend for a hard working person they treat you fair and always hear you out if anyone has a problem
VERY poor management. Wasted man hours.
Non disclosed (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Unqualified people hired regularly. Favorites played w management. Dept Heads self-serving. Production is disfunctional. Poor mgmt in all aspects. Not a nice place to work.
Cons
Healthcare, 401K
not too bad, but not the best
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 9, 2018
could do better with the supervisors and all management. people treated unfairly, with pay and with other stuff. workers need to work harder and faster.
Horrible place to work
Recruiter / HR Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 27, 2017
This has to be the worse Co. that I have ever worked for. I would starve to death before I ever worked for that place ever again

The Management is horrible and the working conditions are very stressful.
not good at all
Material Handler/ crane operator (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 7, 2017
very slow paced, the management is horrible and not 2 of the many employees are on the same page what so ever. i would not recommend anyone to apply at this company.
Productive and awsome team
Fabrication/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 28, 2017
No Complains. I left Texas to be with my Kids after my divorce or else i would had still been there doing my thing. I was learning a lot more and would had been my retiring job.
productive place to work
BAY LEADER/PIPE FITTER (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 18, 2017
good hours for work and family balance, I learned how effectively read a blueprint, the workplace culture was diverse which made it interesting. management was very knowledgeable and worked with each employee to have them feel like it was one family.
awesome place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 11, 2017
epic piping is a great place to work. i enjoyed it a little minor incidents but over all its also a learning experience. the people there are great and will teach you.
mis-managed
Materials Receiving Supervisor/Stock Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 3, 2017
place is constantly on the verge of closing

upper management doesn't plan. doesn't benchmark, and is always behind the eight ball

they went from 350 employees to less than 70, I do not see them as a going concern much longer
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Great facilty for pipe welding and fitting.
Welder- III (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 24, 2017
Good place for manufacturing spools of pipe.
TIG and MIG welding were the primary welding processes used there.
Job titles in shop where, material handler, tack welder, pipe fitter, pipe welder.