Epicurean Feast Employee Reviews

Great
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJuly 26, 2018
Fun work environment. Laid back and positive employees. Hands on as far as training and levels of creativity. Always fresh approach and local ingredients.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Just a number !
Grill, salad, prep (Current Employee) –  Providence riJuly 11, 2018
Manager walks around with clipboard all day everyday doing inventory, unit always short staff and we are expected to do the job of two, no support from corporate.
10 year employee went out sick w canser and never even received a card from corporate we are just numbers
Pros
Nice professional client
Cons
No vacation time for first 2 years
Nice mgr but lazy help..which made for a stressful day.Benefits too expensiveand pay is low.In 2 wks i didnt even make my rent.not enough help
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 10, 2018
They should hire a dishwasher and decent help.They run the place on barebones.They put money into how the place looks for the companies in the building but not in the kitchen
Pros
Hrs.
Cons
Expensive benefits and lazy help
I like the work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 12, 2018
No thank you except is was a work experience to learn from. Especially after 4 years There is not more to tell. The company was fine, it was a manager that caused problems there is good with the bad
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not really valued
Unprofessional management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 10, 2018
Worked for the company for 6 months, manager very disrespectful to new employees, alot of drama and back stabbing between employees and management, manager talks to other employees about other employees, very unprofessional. Double standards one employee can the next one cant. Pretty much the same as the other review from Carlisle, Pa.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Poor management
Fast pace, Fresh Healthy food cooked to order breakfast, lunch, and House Made Desserts.All natural Flavored waters. FRESH DELI Sandwiches.
Caterer/Deli Chef (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Over worked and under paid. I Love what I do and the hours, however there's not enough employees to meet the customer demand. We need more hands and a dishwasher.
Great
Food Service and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 2, 2018
This place has closed. Otherwise id still be working there. Great hours and great atmosphere. The food was great. A litle more money would have made the job even better
great way to re-enter work force
Front of House Employee (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 24, 2017
manager provided feedback and definitely wants you to succeed. they give you the tools needed to be able to provide an excellent customer experience. if there is something else that you want to learn, you only need to ask.
Do not apply for work with this company or think of using them for your employee feeding contractor
Culinary Service Manager (Former Employee) –  RIDecember 12, 2017
No in house hr dept.
Sub par computer system.
No proper management training.
No room for advancement.
No paid vacation for the first 2 yrs.
Expensive health benefits.
Pros
Clientele was very friendly
Cons
Employees treated like a number from upper managment
great place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 29, 2017
Love the management here. Prices for employees is also a great factor. People are friendly, hours are flexible and the job used really isn't all that challenging.
Looking for job security for a job well done.
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 16, 2017
Creative workplaces that promote passion and productivity. My favorite job in the industry. Wish I knew more about job security then. When I was with this company I lived for the work and loved it.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Job security
Too much expected out of you
cashier food prep (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Been working here for three months. First of all i got the flu and my boss was pretty much telling me that i was screwing them over even though she knew how sick i was. i did everything she asked me to do and still through a fit even after the doctor told me she didnt want me to go to work around food. lastly there is just too much work required of one person in general. its constant runnning back and forth, constantly refilling sodas and things even when you have a line of customers. most of the time you get no help. i will not work for this company in carlisle pa ever again
Pros
money free lunches
Cons
terrible management, no help from others
Friendly
Prep-cook, Sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 27, 2016
The manager was friendly and taught me so much. He diffidently was a great manger. to bad he retired. Work environment was clean and friendly.Tthe costumers were really nice.
Pros
free food
Good place to further culinary experience
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAMay 12, 2016
- Organising and planning daily breakfast and lunch services
- Supervising and advising kitchen staff in daily tasks
- Organising and planning daily special functions for the client's management
- Interviewing, hiring, training, educating and motivating kitchen crew
- Creating seasonal, weekly and daily cycle menus
- Completing weekly and monthly inventories
- Administrative duties included: Payroll, Inventory, Ordering and Receiving, P&L weekly and monthly reports
- Communicating daily with management, advising, reporting regarding day to day operation
Pros
Good place to experience and experiment in a corporate dining as a Chef Manager
Interesting and always a challenge for preparaing meals to functions needed..
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAMarch 11, 2016
Managing a company kitchen for clients setting up breakfast to lunch for workers at plant.

Learn in meeting great friends and try to cater to there needs of likes so sales would climb.

Prepare quick meals from sandwiches to salads and dinner plate.

Surprised them with fresh baked goods to breads and pies for sweet tooth clients.
Pros
Great people work around
Cons
Never a dull moment from challenges of equipment to sechudule of meal times.
not a good company at all
prep person / cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PADecember 4, 2015
y poor company treat his employees very poorly think they are racist they have an account at PCI here in Philadelphia PA and then this is the worst I've ever seen been in food service for over 25 years now and by far they are the worseVvg
Good work environment
CATERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ISO New England Hulyoke maOctober 2, 2015
I like the professional work environment and public service.
and being able to work with and for people who appreciate your knowlege of your job.I like the corporate work monday-Friday.
good benifits.
Pros
self working and reliable
Cons
not much creatvity
Good company
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Telford, PADecember 30, 2014
Strong culinary company, good management. Good work life balance for the salary. Freedom to run account as needed. Good corporate support. Typical day was minor breakfast production, hot entree and soup production. Prior to lunch, receiving and most of the ordering accomplished. Assistants handled deli and salad bar, plus grab and go items. Approx. one hour paper work to close the day.
Okay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 8, 2014
It was an okay company, there was no job security unless you were close with the boss.
Sweet start but stagnant ending....
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2014
This was my second stint with this company. The first was better than the last. One of the cheapest corporations around with no incentives or training opportunities for employee looking to grow.
Pros
five day work week, out by 3 pm
Cons
benefits and pay are subpar