Epicurean Feast Employee Reviews

Great
Food Service and Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 2, 2018
This place has closed. Otherwise id still be working there. Great hours and great atmosphere. The food was great. A litle more money would have made the job even better
Do not apply for work with this company or think of using them for your employee feeding contractor
Culinary Service Manager (Former Employee) –  RIDecember 12, 2017
No in house hr dept.
Sub par computer system.
No proper management training.
No room for advancement.
No paid vacation for the first 2 yrs.
Expensive health benefits.
Pros
Clientele was very friendly
Cons
Employees treated like a number from upper managment
great place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 29, 2017
Love the management here. Prices for employees is also a great factor. People are friendly, hours are flexible and the job used really isn't all that challenging.
Looking for job security for a job well done.
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 16, 2017
Creative workplaces that promote passion and productivity. My favorite job in the industry. Wish I knew more about job security then. When I was with this company I lived for the work and loved it.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Job security
Too much expected out of you
cashier food prep (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Been working here for three months. First of all i got the flu and my boss was pretty much telling me that i was screwing them over even though she knew how sick i was. i did everything she asked me to do and still through a fit even after the doctor told me she didnt want me to go to work around food. lastly there is just too much work required of one person in general. its constant runnning back and forth, constantly refilling sodas and things even when you have a line of customers. most of the time you get no help. i will not work for this company in carlisle pa ever again
Pros
money free lunches
Cons
terrible management, no help from others
Friendly
Prep-cook, Sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 27, 2016
The manager was friendly and taught me so much. He diffidently was a great manger. to bad he retired. Work environment was clean and friendly.Tthe costumers were really nice.
Pros
free food
Good place to further culinary experience
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAMay 12, 2016
- Organising and planning daily breakfast and lunch services
- Supervising and advising kitchen staff in daily tasks
- Organising and planning daily special functions for the client's management
- Interviewing, hiring, training, educating and motivating kitchen crew
- Creating seasonal, weekly and daily cycle menus
- Completing weekly and monthly inventories
- Administrative duties included: Payroll, Inventory, Ordering and Receiving, P&L weekly and monthly reports
- Communicating daily with management, advising, reporting regarding day to day operation
Pros
Good place to experience and experiment in a corporate dining as a Chef Manager
Interesting and always a challenge for preparaing meals to functions needed..
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAMarch 11, 2016
Managing a company kitchen for clients setting up breakfast to lunch for workers at plant.

Learn in meeting great friends and try to cater to there needs of likes so sales would climb.

Prepare quick meals from sandwiches to salads and dinner plate.

Surprised them with fresh baked goods to breads and pies for sweet tooth clients.
Pros
Great people work around
Cons
Never a dull moment from challenges of equipment to sechudule of meal times.
not a good company at all
prep person / cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PADecember 4, 2015
y poor company treat his employees very poorly think they are racist they have an account at PCI here in Philadelphia PA and then this is the worst I've ever seen been in food service for over 25 years now and by far they are the worseVvg
Good work environment
CATERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ISO New England Hulyoke maOctober 2, 2015
I like the professional work environment and public service.
and being able to work with and for people who appreciate your knowlege of your job.I like the corporate work monday-Friday.
good benifits.
Pros
self working and reliable
Cons
not much creatvity
Good company
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Telford, PADecember 30, 2014
Strong culinary company, good management. Good work life balance for the salary. Freedom to run account as needed. Good corporate support. Typical day was minor breakfast production, hot entree and soup production. Prior to lunch, receiving and most of the ordering accomplished. Assistants handled deli and salad bar, plus grab and go items. Approx. one hour paper work to close the day.
Okay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 8, 2014
It was an okay company, there was no job security unless you were close with the boss.
Sweet start but stagnant ending....
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2014
This was my second stint with this company. The first was better than the last. One of the cheapest corporations around with no incentives or training opportunities for employee looking to grow.
Pros
five day work week, out by 3 pm
Cons
benefits and pay are subpar
Food Service/Assisted Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LPM Holding Co.July 16, 2014
A Typical day would be open setting up for the day.Set up the salad and deli bar. cook for breakfast and lunch. Do cash register and daily deposit. Learned more about doing orders on computer and doing orders.When boss went on vacation I would do all the work.Worked very will with co-workers .The hardest was Last minutes catering for 20 people.Be able to talk to the customers and seeing what they wanted and needed. I enjoy Doing what I do.
An okay job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 24, 2013
Liked working there until I got hurt on the job. Its hard work to work in a factory cafeteria cause all of the people getting lunch at the same time. But enjoyable to see the same people everyday.
Pros
Nice enviornment
Cons
Getting hurt on the job
Fun and busy place to work.
Deli Clerk/Catering (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAOctober 27, 2013
Great team players to work with as you learn. I have learned so much as it relates to the hospitality arena.
Pros
Plenty of overtime.
I loved my actual job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 19, 2012
I loved my job very much, but management was very poor also they do not have Any consideration for their employees, but, despite that I continued to work there for 4 years, because I really enjoyed my actual job, despite management.
Excellent Company to work for/with
Multi-Unit Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Maynard, MAJuly 25, 2012
If you are hard working, on time & willing too learn and grow with them, you will advance quickly.
Pros
excellent growth potential.
A day on the job!!
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CT (company is in Maynard, MA)June 9, 2012
The account I am at is wonderful! People are very nice and welcoming! A typical day at my job is I am up at 4am...in at work at 6am....I get up everything for the morning before customers get in....then I start on my menu for the day which consist of a hot entree or deli special. I also, on any day could have up to 1-3 caterings a day...sometimes none. At the end of the day I clean up and make sure stations are broken down....make sure the kitchen is clean. I also make sure all papaerwork is put into system and completeded. All order put in for following week and inventory is done on a monthly basis. I enjoy my job very much and the people around me. I have one employee the works for me. The hardest part of my job....is not the labor part its the pay increase part and advancement. I would have to say the most enjoyable part is honestly the friends I have made!!
Pros
great customers!!
Cons
pay increase/advancement