Epilepsy Foundation Employee Reviews

Good place
Call Center Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 5, 2018
Good place is good and everyone was pleasant as well. The place was fast paced as well too but comfortable too. The people were friendly and helped to.
stressful enviorment
Direct Care Provider/Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJune 7, 2018
working at the epilepsy foundation was only beneficial in the fact that I really enjoyed working with the individuals that lived there. management was horrible and it is a very un organized environment.
productive
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 14, 2018
a typical working day at this company was assisting clients with improving their quality of life through independent training, personal and social awareness, writing behavior goals and behavior plans.
Pros
get the opportunity to work indoor and outdoor
Cons
great
Very Understaffed
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Understaffed but still responsible for an impossible amount of tasks. Many events without enough support from Executive Director creates a lot of stress.
Pros
Flexible with time off requests, convenient location, awesome co workers
Cons
Poor leadership, underperforming non profit, very early weekend work required
Not a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Employees are often mistreated. Inconsistent policies and procedures that change regularly. Inexperienced management. Stressful work environment. Would not recommend.
Pros
Decent benefits
Enjoyed my clients
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 24, 2017
I loved my co- workers and my clients. they were a joy to have. You get to do a lot of site seeing and going a lot of traveling. You get to do a lot more then just work it's like a big family you work with.
Oversight of Residential properties, in which people that are classified in the DD poplulation can live a happy and productive life.
Residence Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Opened and facilitated the start of a group home process. Interviewed potential candidates for verification of residential living. Brought home up to OPWDD (formerly OMRDD standards) provided protection and oversight to those people that moved into residential facilities.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 10, 2017
It was an amazing experience and I wouldn't change volunteering there for anything. It taught me a lot about myself, and it showed just what people go through with epilepsy.
Good for beginners
Patient Advocate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
Working with group of great ladies. Job was not was I expected it to be. It was great while it lasted but turned out to not be worth it. It did give me the opportunity to learn some things in the medical field. I also enjoyed wearing scrubs whenever I wanted, yet I did miss dressing professional which really wasn't needed there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Too much work for one person and not enough pay. Traffic
the administrator trudy is very unprofessional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 2, 2017
the retention rate is very high. they dont train you well and they dont hire the most professional employees. its alot of people who love the job but cant deal with the managers or ghetto coworkers.
Pros
the consumers
Cons
trudy fires all the great employees

Want to know more about Epilepsy Foundation?

Ask a question
a pleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAApril 18, 2017
i learned about customer care and how to label where donations would be and i learned a little about management and i became very good at what i did as i excelled
Pros
always had work and good work enviornment
Cons
there really was none
Great agency
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
This is a good agency to gain experience in a non profit work environment. You gain experience with your clients. Good staff and managers. You will learn each day.
Pros
good experience
Cons
no growth
Horrible Management
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJanuary 7, 2017
I was hired to work at the most difficult house in Suffolk.Their management team honestly sucks.Its like walking on eggshells in that house with management. They help you with nothing but wanna get you in trouble for everything.
Pros
my individuals, great coworkers
Cons
management
Volunteer on the summer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
It was years ago, so don't remember much but it was an alright place to work for some time and not have a very boring summer. Anyways, I was mostly like a helper or a second hand to review, organize, upload documents.
A lot of company support and encouragement--they loved my interaction with customers
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 31, 2016
I got the opportunity to speak with many people and enhance my sales ability. I really enjoyed getting familiar with people.
Great
House Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Dr. Phillip is without question, the most knowledgeable, and painstakingly precise doctors I have ever been to for any procedure. he listened to to his clients , understood there concerns, and wound give then th best treatment
It is a good start point for the field
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 19, 2016
If you are working in direct support in Long Island it is the place to go. The compensation is competitive and the benefits are really good. Your work environment is totally dependent on the residence you choose, and you can usually transfer if you aren't comfortable. I really loved the guys, so I put up with the nonsense and drama so I could see them but it could get very stressful because someone could make a false allegation and you could be labeled as an abusive person and essentially not be able to work in the field again.
Pros
Free food, fun free recs, close bonding with the individuals
Cons
no job security, being mandated to work for extreme hours
Excellent place to work
Assistant Camp Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2016
Very rewarding job. Can be long hours, but you get so much out of it. A good group of people to work with; all have the same goal: to serve those in the community.
N/a
Driver (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 19, 2016
long hours on the road. constantly changing company policies to protect themselves. unfair conditions
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drives
Fast pace job
Temp. Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Productive and very eventful. This was my internship, first time in the work force and I was a little unprepared. Later on I got the hang of things and was flowing with everyone.
Pros
Learnt a lot of things, especially customer service
Cons
No major Con, just the distance was a bit far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epilepsy Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.