epiq Insurance Agency

epiq Insurance Agency Employee Reviews in Solon, OH

Solon, OH16 reviews

Call Center job

We talk to people all across the country who requested a quote for auto insurance. Some people you talk to are nice, others can be really rude. It's like this at all the call centers I've ever worked at though. The job itself isn't hard but you have to be okay talking to people over the phone. We ask them a bunch of questions to verify their information and then transfer them over to an agent to get a quote. I like the people I work with and have made some new friends. The management is fairly new and have been making some changes. The company is growing and is hiring more people.

A great job with great people and amazing pay

EpiQ is by far the best insurance agency to work for hands down! The pay is way better then any other agency I interviewed with. It’s a bit more difficult now that it’s work from home because the daily banter and friendly competition really helped with sales goals but the weekly check ins with the team and management and the ongoing training does help offset that! This company really cares about employees! They go way out of the way for us! The only reason I left was due to covid and having to teach my child at home. I have considered returning and I still maintain friendships with lots of the people there. Turn over for agents is low you can’t say that about other insurance agencies.

Pros

Pay, friendly environment

Cons

Nothing bad sales can be hard and redundant but that’s the nature of sales

epiq Insurance Agency insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Awful management

Awful training, signed a contract to work a specific job then got shifted to a new position without a contract, management does not communicate, culture was never discussed .

Pros

They provide the equipment

Cons

Everything else

Ok

Little room for advancement and arbitrary management can leave you feeling directionless. This is an OK place if you do not ask many questions and continue seeking other opportunities for yourself.

Inside sales not Insurance processing

If they were honest about the job I would have NEVER applied...it is a sales position and if you can't FORCE people to talk to an agent then you will not succeed...its almost telemarketing..management is the worst...training is terrible...just avoid

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else

Work place

Very boring job be careful they not give you 90 from your start date to meet your numbers if you don’t they terminate you never met My supervisor must say everything verbatim of mot you will fail all Of your audits

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No raise

Nothing is what it seems in the beginning!

nothing good to say lies lies lies management is totally clueless it was a joke you say the same thing all day and get cursed out by the people you are calling all day long terrible job just terrible!

Pros

free coffee nice onsite gym

Cons

Management lies to you crazy hr manager and weird owner!

Poor management, very slow, high rates

I used to work here, it wasn’t a great place to work. It’s not very professional, managers just goof off all day and throw the football to each other or shoot hoops on the mini basketball hoop or play games on the older arcade video game system. Always changing the way they operate the business, environment is corporate like. They make you feel that you will be a top agent but very few make it to that. Calls are generated by performance. Only the reps that have been there for a while get the better leads. Be very cautious

Pros

Free coffee, free parking, work from home after 90 days

Cons

Healthcare, poor management, bad leads

Insurance Quoting Agent

I've been at Epiq for 2 years now and i must say its one of the best places and jobs i've ever had worked at! The environment is laid back while everyone here is very nice and professional! And i must say they treat their employees great! You'd be happy to be apart of a great growing family

Pros

weekly incentives, lunches and work from home

Insurance Quoting Agent

Excellent company to work for..finally a company that makes you feel like you are part of a family. Great work/life balance with huge opportunities for advancement. Management is great very flexible with your work schedule with work from home privileges not only care about your well-being..but the your family as well. Very friendly fun environment that makes coming to work fun. They also give incentives..gift cards(weekly) for providing excellent service...they often provide food for us as well .Overall a great company to work for!

Pros

Great weekly incentives, flexible work from home opportunities

Management friendly

Management is very helpful and friendly. The work environment in the office is loud and chaotic. There is a lot of immature and disruptive behavior on the floor, which is problematic when on the phone with potential customers.

Pros

Potential to work from home.

Cons

Product that is oftentimes not competitively priced.

Awesome Place to Work

Compensation is way above average an insurance agent! Personal and professional growth is encouraged and management is very engaged with employees. It is tough to get the work done in a 9-5 shift, but when you're helping customers and feel like you're making a different- it is worth it!

Lies

Where do I start, there is no formal training for this job, training consisted of learning of ways to beat the system to get a lower price. Managers know nothing about insurance, I asked if Liberty(who they sale) would write insurance on a home with no current insurance and the answer was did you ask the customer on a recorded line if they have it yet I said yes and then will you get the auto i said yes and they said just write it. Every time you write a policy here you're putting your license on the line. They also give better leads to older agents in which you sign something when you start working there that says that. Most of the leads are low intent they buy leads from everquote who says they interrrupted this billion dollar business blah blah.. no they are selling your information to places like epiq and others who will call you multiple times trying to give you a quote. If you don't have a job it's a job not a career.

Cons

Challenging and rewarding work place

This place is both unique and welcoming. The atmosphere is unlike any other. This is a place is a team environment and is about the greater good for the agent and the agency. Management is great and is always available. The owner takes time to conduct training meetings and provides great insight! Above average pay that includes salary/commission and there is always other incentives like Cavs/Indians tickets and cash/gift cards. You can also earn work from home privileges 3 days a week but if your in the office we have a work out gym, basketball game, arcade machine and a shuffle board game and unlimited Keurig coffee and tea! This assessment is from an agent that has been here for a while "not management" this place is truly great! Thanks T

Productive beautiful office great people

A typical work day consists of helping customers with their insurance needs. Leads are all provided for all the agents. Referrals are a bonus. It is truely one of a kind company. No cold calling!!! All leads are provided!!!! Base salary plus commission plus full benefits.

Pros

Great pay great hours

Cons

The commute is long makes for a lond day

Dream job with great pay!!!

I have been with Epiq since May 2014. It by far exceeded my expectations. I have been an agent for 23 years, This agency is by far the best place I have worked. If you are driven and good in sales you will make well over six figures. The management is amazing!!! If you are dedicated, driven and can adapt to a few changes here and there this is a great job!!

Pros

Work from home opportunities, great benefits, generous compensation package

Cons

The drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at epiq Insurance Agency. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits