EPIQ Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

The most unprofessional staffing company ever!
Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  BostonDecember 20, 2018
If you're a consistent person that wants to just get by and keep your bills paid you still have to have some of the thickest skin ever. The clients that Epiq works for are some of the most judgmental nit-picking miserable unprofessional old and tired people ever. Even the managers are incompetent & ignorant who have the slightest bit of common sense. They don't pay you fairly and it isn't worth the stress!
Pros
Ha!
Epic formerly DTI / Document Technology Inc
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2018
This was the worst job i ever had. Management does not have your back because this is contract work. Some managers are not qualified to hold management positions. They use you up until they no longer need you. You will not have the opportunity to advance most positions were given to a buddy. The raise was 1% per year it will take you 4 years for a whole dollar stay away!!!
Pros
Discount website and regular paychecks.
Cons
Management, pay increase, support
Good Luck they dont appriciate your work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 22, 2018
Worked as a paralegal there for 8 months, enjoyed my co-workers and supervisor. The management above is a mess and it feels like survivor in there. You won't be sure from day to day if your key will work in the door. No matter how hard you work, you are expendable. Just a matter of time until they lay you off. Absolute chaos. Good for a few month job, but don't go there looking for a career.
Pros
Co-workers and lower level staff
Cons
Unstable work environment
back stabbing coworkers, useless upper level management
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 31, 2018
second in command was mentally challenged with a superiority complex. she “trains” people. actual boss was a failed bro that couldnt cut it in college and used family connections to get his job. he didnt care about his employees and treated them as disposable. attorneys and secretaries will treat you like trash. youll only get a 1% raise once per year after your manager is given a massive bonus. which he will keep quiet. he would lie and act like hes just scraping by when hes clearly financially secure. his employees meanwhile work multiple jobs. this place is terrible. and the district manager is never available while his lower level managers abuse employees and make veiled threats. no one respects him. youre better off anywhere else.
Cons
youll literally make more money at chick fil a
Great place to build your career
Project Director (eDiscovery Managed Services) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2018
Epiq provided many opportunities to build a solid skill set in eDiscovery. Management is somewhat conflicted on how to best support their lines of business - would strongly recommend building skill-sets and leaving once possible.
Pros
Plenty opportunity to learn
Cons
Sink or swim, poor management and HR culture
Can be enjoyable
Epiq Support Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2018
My only complaint with Epiq is that they need to become more active in developing a stronger relationship with their customers. Operational Managers should have bi-monthly meetings with their firm's admins to develop strategy, accountability and detail progress reporting for each location and site manager. Site Managers should have measurable reporting between the Operations Manager and Firm Administration.
Work is what you make of it...
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 13, 2018
If it weren't for the awesome upper management team that I had, I probably would not have worked for EPIQ at all. Employees are grossly underpaid and overworked in some accounts. However, Management is so in-sync and attentive with their staff that you develop bonds and want to work hard to show your loyalty. The most enjoyable part about working with EPIQ is we all work hard as a team. We incorporate a family culture to make each day fun and productive.
Pros
Family culture, great management team, annual bonuses
Cons
low pay, poor health benefits
Easy going work area
Mailroom Clerk/ Document Control (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 29, 2018
The work load is fairly easy and doesn't effect your personal life. Training for the actual postion was fairly easy as well. The staff there are fun to get along as well.
Pros
Free Barque on the summer, sometimes ice cream
Cons
parking is terrible. you have to walk 10 mins to the actual building, and they don't plan on hiring on new people
I enjoyed working on the various cases I had the opportunity to work on and for the various case managers and project managers at Epiq
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
The workplace was friendly and welcoming, but the transient nature of the work and short case durations make formation of lasting relationships a challenge.
Pros
Free breakfast Friday.
Cons
Some of the case hours.
Wonderful place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 23, 2018
If I change jobs, I hope it will offer at least as much or more than that which Epiq has introduced me to. Epiq is a wonderful company, but I'm always looking to expand my horizons and challenge my intellect, my abilities and my contributions to our society.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Short lunch hour, long commute
Great place to work before new owners took over
WINDOWS NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 21, 2018
I worked there a long time 20+ years. Was a small family owned company. Then we grew and grew and grew. Went public. GREAT stock option plan. EVERYBODY was an owner. CEO decided to retire. Sold company. Went private. The day the new owners took over the laid off all the old timers. Morale took a nosedive. Benefits cut. It was time to get out of there.
Pros
Nice facilities.
Cons
Mangement is horrible
cheap and outsourcing people a lot
Senior QA Analyst, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KS 66105October 31, 2018
you never know if you lost your job next because they try to save on everything. They let one guy go who worked there over 5 years and they gave him 2-day notice. the reason because developer start doing his job and they outsourcing people from overseas.
It was the best job I ever had.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
Prepare documents for computer entry by evaluating data for missing or incorrect information while establishing entry priority. Input data from a clients voicemail message. Examine confidential claims that were scanned into the company's software program.
Pros
Team Oriented. Great people to work with. Free coffee.
Cons
The assignment never lead to anything permanent.
S t r e s s
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 18, 2018
This place can be great to work in but with how much the world load swings and the upper managements desire for quantity over quality If you attain any level of responsibility or begin to care about the work you do you will probably spend the rest of your time there slamming your head on your desk.
It was a good job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
It was a good work environment. I enjoyed working every day. The pace was decent there was some waits in between calls but it was worth it. I liked the people that worked there it was overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Far from my house
Abusive and okay with it.
Records (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 30, 2018
My client was very abusive. This was raised to my superiors multiple times and they did not care. They begged me not to quit knowing how bad the abuse was. Don't work for people like that!
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Daily abuse
Customer Care Representative/ Interpreter
Customer Care Representative/ Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
Helped interpret requested information and necessary FAQs for clients who needed financial assistance or needed to be set up with the proper insurance. Furthered and grew my customer service skills by interacting with clients to the best extent to give Epiq a positive name.
Pros
Great benefits, Calm work environment, Helpful management, Room for growth
Avoid
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
Some of the management borders on the mentality of a low functioning moron. They micromanage wherever possible.
There are individuals in the NYC office which are purely spiteful and drunk with their low level power. Avoid unless desperate to work for a deteriorating wage with your law degree and bar admission.
Over all a good experience
Paralegal Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
You learn a lot from there but no reliability of being permanent and the job is temporary because of Project. Low wages still good for resume and career advancement.
Pros
Learning experience, good for entry level, good environment.
Cons
No paid holiday, less wage
Bad management
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2019
Poor management. I cannot say that enough. No one should take a job there. If they do, it should only be temporary. Keep looking. You will soon find out why.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management. They put anyone in charge.