Episcopal Retirement Services Employee Reviews

Frustrating and Stressful Environment
Meals on Wheels Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Rewarding, challenging work delivering meals to seniors around the city, so that they can remain in their own homes as long as possible. I grew fond of each client and looked forward to each visit. They were always happy to see us, and I considered each one a friend.
The downside was management. they had zero respect for employees and we had no support from the higher ups. The drivers input and ideas were never valued. We were treated like dumb, incapable children who were never to be trusted. I finally left with a heavy heart when the micro-management and over-all dread of going to work became too unbearable.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Stay away from Meals on Wheels
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2018
New management clearly does not know what they are doing. Micro manages, lies, deflects blame, and overall cluelessness as to what made the job respected & thrive. There's a reason so many have quit in such a short time frame.
Pros
Cons
Micro managed, Treated like a child, not knowing what to expect daily, taking on tasks that are not in job description
Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2018
The environment here is very relaxed and comfortable I would recommend this job to others that are look to do social services. The culture here is good for all employees and staff. The culture let everyone do their job with high expectations.
Pros
Available to time to take breaks throughout the day
Cons
Remember to close your office door or put signs up for lunch breaks
Great company with good values
Dining Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2016
Episcopal Retirment Services is an excellent employer whether you're just starting your career or are a seasoned professional. The compensations and benefits are highly competitive. The environment is professional and completely focused on customer satisfaction. Episcopal Retirement Services has been nominate best place to work in Cincinnati for seven consecutive years.
Highly ranked facility in patient care, well trained and professional staff, strong administrative support.
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2015
My responsibilities included serving as a member of interdisciplinary healthcare teams in providing critical care and long term care for residents. This was accomplished by utilizing interpersonal communication strengths to establish rapport and build trust with patients, families, and staff.I contributed to strategic plans and initiatives to advance standards of care excellence resulting in improved patient outcomes and facilitated continuous improvements. Helped the flow of care by utilization and distribution of personnel when effectively staffing nursing areas through coordinating work schedules and shift coverage while maintaining harmony in the
work environment. Supervised and helped organize and delegate nursing care and responsibilities in an established long term care
facility Fortunate to work with a wonderful team of professionals, but the night shift was difficult when dealing with my own personal family life. .
Pros
Staff support from administration was evident, worked with highly trained and professional team, pay and benefits were competitive
Cons
difficult working night shift and maintaining my ow home responsibilities.
Great company!
Administrative and Social Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45208May 8, 2018
Great place to work! I enjoy the residents, staff and families. I have been with ERS for a long time and they have given me plenty of opportunities. Great culture!
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
A company with great vision, but poorly managed
manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2015
This is a wonderful company with great vision, however the management and training was lackluster. ERH was a mix of good with the bad. They value family so work life balance which is wonderful. Unfortunately, management was always confused when it came to executing a project, they lacked confidence in there decisions so they would pass you along to the hire up. But, when you got to the source they would tell you to do something else, which caused alot of confusion. Be prepared to take on multiple roles, the one you are hired in to do is not going to be your main focus, they will find multiple things to do, its not a one role company. If something goes wrong do not count on management, they are not confident in themselves so they will play the blame game when confronted.
Pros
the communities and residents
Cons
poor management lack confidence
N/a
Versatile worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2017
Over a good experience enjoyed working with residents.Really like the culture of person centered allowing residents to have control over what they wanted. Had supplies to complete work requirements and to assist with the residents.
Pros
Person-center care, enjoyed working with the resindents, and having supplies needed to complete daily task.
Cons
I didn't like multiple jobs within one job titles, a lack of support from management.
Friendly and collaborative work environement
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2017
ERS is a fantastic company to be a part of. The culture is one of acceptance, advancement, and cooperation. There is never a lack of someone that is willing to help.
Review Summmary
Licensed Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Long-term, skilled and Assisted Living Social Worker

Provided d/c planning to residents

Acted as a liaison with therapy, nursing, hospice and medical staff to promote quality of life

Assessing and coordinating and implementing services to enhance residents emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs
Pros
Enjoyed working with client population
Relaxed
Dietary Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The work day is really short its only 3 hours, the managers are nice and efficient, the hardest part of the job is dealing with the emotions of the residents and the most enjoyable is building a bond with each and every resident. I have learned a lot from this job like patient care and how to deal with certain individulas
productive and fun place to work
Resident Assistant/Independent Living (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2018
great place to work. its based on the residents needs and how they usually operate on a daily basis so we try to make it as thery are home and keep a daily routine
Good Experience
Dining Services Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed almost every single day at work. There were many different types of people who worked there and everyone enjoyed interacting with the residents.
Productive and great learning opportunity
DUPREE HOUSE INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2017
The company has an outstanding culture. I took inventory of paintings throughout the Company, labeling pictures and using excel. The project was relegated without a timeline except for an end date.
Forward-thinking company
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2015
This company is ahead of the curve in assessing and targeting needs in Long Term Care.

My Director and Supervisor were always supportive and inclusive creating respect, inclusion and dignity in the workplace.
Pros
Well-established company with outstanding future plans
Cons
A fun workplace, learning new things.
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2014
It was very fun environment, I loved working with the residents they always made me laugh. Co workers helped each other out great teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Episcopal Retirement Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Episcopal Retirement Services Reviews by Location