Epitec, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Avoid this Company By all Means !
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 6, 2018
This is a most shady and hypocritical company I have dealt with in my entire career. Management does not care once you are hired , Health insurance and other benefits take a major chunk of your pay leaving behind peanuts to survive on. Internal Staff changes every month and your emails are left unattended.
Immigration team is a joke here.Once you are at customer site you are unaware of whats going on in the company.Company policies change every now and then and they don't care to inform you.
There was nothing great in epitec that i have seen during my stay unfortunately.Please do your research before joining.
Pros
Onboarding process
Cons
pay, incentives, benefits, immigration process
Was contracted to another company
Linux Deployment (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 16, 2017
They are responsive to the employee, but like all contract companies, the employer comes first. After one gets placed, the contact is minimal and they have no involvement in day to day affairs.
Work from home was nice
IT Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2017
Good job, but no benefits and no paid time off, as it was contract. No ability to renegotiate pay rate after multiple years. Was nice to work from home.
Logistic Analyst
Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 18, 2017
This company was great to work for!
They took me to lunch, sent me xmas card with candy, and took us (their contract employees) out to happy hours. Any issues I had they got back to me as soon as possible and even when I was late on time sheets their finance department is wonderful. You know a head of time if your contract is going to end or keep going. They meet up with your supervisor for performance reviews and bring in food at times. If a contract ends they do their best to place you elsewhere. Also, they state "use us as a resource".. So, if you don't hear back right away someone is always happy to answer your questions or help. They really are a great staffing firm to work for! They took care of me and as long as you have a good work ethic they are going to do their best to keep you on and happy!
Shady Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 13, 2017
This company likes to act like they are a cutthroat Wall Street office, but in reality, they are just another small, mediocre, boring staffing company. They have an extremely high turnover rate, and let employees go multiple times a month. When they end your employment, they give no reason, because the reasons they let employees go are not legitimate. They fired one girl because management didn't like her clothes...Management acts very friendly and open-minded, but they are quietly tallying up strikes against employees they don't think are a "cool" representation of a worker. They are constantly asking for feedback, but if anyone has an actual suggestion, those people mysteriously get fired and people don't realize it for months. Also, salaries are extremely low, they do not give raises, and health insurance is outrageously expensive.
Pros
Clean office
Cons
Bad pay, manipulative management, expensive health insurance
I did not like working for this company
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
Seem to have shady practices. Could not understand the pay schedule - done on purpose in order to confuse you regarding what your check should be. Threaten me with my job if I said anything to the client.
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Minimal contact from company
Design Engineering Detailer (Former Employee) –  Mossville, ILDecember 22, 2016
I was able to work on my own at the company to where I was assigned with little to no contact from my own company. When the company I was assign to work for recognized good work, I would receive an award from Epitec.
Pros
Free lunch every once in a while
Cons
Little to no contact from Epitec
High Turnover Rate
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 5, 2016
Poor management with very low compensations. Upper management micromanaged employees and creates a very stressful working environment.
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
low compensation
Learned a lot but not much room for advancement
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 17, 2015
I had an ok experience at Epitec. I heard that this place had a very high turnover rate and experienced it first hand. I made 5 placements in my first 5 months and they acted like that was out of this world. Then I didn't make a placement in my 6th month and they let me go!

I felt like they used me to get the risiduals, then let me go so they could collect my commissions themselves.