Epitec Employee Reviews

Great to work at!
DevOps Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 10, 2018
I was presented with many opportunities to learn new skills to further my career in IT. The workplace culture is great and the staff are friendly. Hardest part of working here is to keeping up with management. The part that I enjoy the most while working here is how laid-back it is. As long as you meet their expectations, everything will go smooth for you. Also, the company provides free lunches and outings a lot.
Pros
Free Lunches, fun outings, laid-back, staff and management are great!
Cons
They will easily terminate you if slack off, work can pile up fast
Cutthroat Island
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 4, 2018
I was hired years ago at Epitec to be a recruiter. Several other people were hired along with me. None of us had recruiting experience. For several weeks, we went in for 8 hour training sessions every day. Other recruiters would take us out to lunch and pay with their corporate credit cards. They sold us on the idea of being able to make a lot of money in commissions. They made it sound like a great place to work. After the training ended, we were thrown into the recruiting process and given assignments. The stress levels there are off the charts. Recruiters would steal each other's candidates on a regular basis. Some people seemed to be given easy job postings to fill, while others received postings that were extremely specific and difficult. Despite being successful in placing several candidates and working hard long hours every day, I was let go after just a few weeks on the job. I was given no notice, I was not given any commission for the people I had successfully placed. It appears that is their business model: hire on a bunch of people at once, train them for a few weeks, then throw them in the deep end and pick one or two favorites to keep. The company then gets to keep any commissions for placed candidates that would have gone to the recruiters they let go. If I had known that was how the game was played, I never would have applied. I've heard from former Epitec recruiters that worked there for years how stressful and frustrating it was even for those that made the cut. To stay there for any length of time takes a certain kind of person, one who doesn't mind playing  more... dirty and having a horrible work life balance. It's all about that commission.  less
Pros
A few nice people.
Cons
No job security, poor work/life balance, no teamwork, high stress
Client Relations
QA Analyst/Lead (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 26, 2018
Created, planned and documented test strategies and test plans for large scale system projects
knowledge transfer of information was encouraged
Great relations with the client
Pros
open to new methods of business processes
Cons
budget constraints
Great place
Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIApril 17, 2018
good benefit and management,They always taking care of all employees and their benefit,I was fortunate to work this company Due to my contract end I left the organization. I am still looking forward to join this company
Project Manager
Program Manager (Infrastructure) (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 25, 2018
Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
Use and continually develop leadership skills
Wrong place
Release Engineer/ Ford (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 11, 2018
This place put me in a job that I was not qualified for but I learn quick do hoped I would learn quick. But just a bad placement overall.I think it was just out someone in place.
Epitec had potential with great people, very resistant to innovation
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 28, 2018
Epitec had some great people working there and the potential as a recruiting firm. However, not very many people spoke up in meetings, it was a stiff culture.
Avoid this company by all means if you want to advance in your career! Please
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2018
This is a most shady and hypocritical company I have dealt with in my entire career. Management does not care once you are hired , Health insurance and other benefits take a major chunk of your pay leaving behind peanuts to survive on. Internal Staff changes every month and your emails are left unattended.
Immigration team is a joke here.Once you are at customer site you are unaware of whats going on in the company.Company policies change every now and then and they don't care to inform you.
There was nothing great in epitec that i have seen during my stay unfortunately.Please do your research before joining.
Pros
Onboarding process
Cons
Inexperienced management, low salary, expensive medical care.
Pleasant and relaxed
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Great Company to work for . Lots of training opportunities for growth.My job assignment was a good opportunity to go my knowledge in in the desired field that i was looking to go into. My manger was great to work for. My co-worker was great to work with.I thank Epitec for the opportunity.
Don’t waste your time
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 1, 2018
The turnover is extremely high at this company. Benefits is the worst I ever experienced with a company. For a 2 person family your paying over $500 per month with HMO insurance. None of the people (recruiters, sales,etc.) are their when I started my contract work and if they can’t find new work should the company decides not to renew your terminated from the company as well. The benefits and PTO offered will decrease your pay and if the company has more off days than the company you pretty much uses your PTO to maintain your pay don’t bother.
Pros
Quick responses to your calls
Cons
Health benefits, Pto, and lack of stability
My life as a Epitec Contractor
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 17, 2017
Epitec management is very well structured. When in need of some assistance, their response is quick and they listen to your problem carefully and try to comply to your requirements.
Epitec cares!
Storage Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 13, 2017
I love working for Epitec. They welcomed me, supported me, and have my back every day. I've been staffed by a lot of desk-fillers, contract-grabbers, and under-bidders. Epitec is none of those. They actually value you as a person, an employee, and a resource.
Pros
AMAZING support, decent benefits
Epitec is one of the best decision I have made
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2017
Epitec really cares about their employees and provides a family like atmosphere. Management is very approachable and takes time to get to know their employees. Epitec adopts modern technology, and has created their own employee management system to help with the recruiting and onboarding process. Epitec's process oriented mindset is what makes them one of the best staffing organizations. The staffing industry requires a lot of hard work, but Epitec is always willing to reward a job well done.
The perfect "first job" with amazing learning opportunities
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 9, 2017
Epitec accepts recent college grads with open arms and provides an intensive 3 week training program. The recruiter trainers are great and you will shadow top performing recruiters to see how to perfectly follow the process.

I definitely learned how to work within a team and my managers are always here to help.

I love helping out job searchers and talking with IT and Engineering professionals; I learn so much about different industries.

Although everyday is a challenge, the rewards are plenty.
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 7, 2017
Epitec has provided me with my Dream Job, every day is a new challenge and I feel like I am always learning something new and growing. They have recently changed our core hours to 9:30-3:30 and we have the ability to pick our start time which has definitely helped with the work/life balance. I highly recommend Epitec!
Pros
flexible hours, free lunches, team bonding
Awesome Company
Delivery Support (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MichiganJune 7, 2017
I've only been here for a few months as an intern but so far it is great. I get work done without someone micro-managing but if I need help my manager and co-workers are ready for any questions. The company makes you feel a part of everything and rewards everyone's hard work. Hours are great. I can go home and my work doesn't follow me unless its a busy period.
Pros
Free Food, Good hours, Managers are Awesome, Activities
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 16, 2017
Epitec has provided the type of culture I was not able to find at my last company. Management has an open door policy and welcomes feedback. We have flexible hours that help maintain a good work/life balance.
Management not great and commission is terrible
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 5, 2017
Epitec isn't a terrible company for new recruiters. Great for learning new things and getting your foot in the door. Terrible management though and revolving door
Pros
Free lunches, trips, outings
Cons
Healthcare non-existent, bad management, will fire you for no reason
A company that continues to grow!
Recruiter Trainer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 20, 2017
This is a company that cares about its employees. Recruiting is not easy, it takes a lot of energy and perseverance to be a successful recruiter. Epitec invests it time and money into their employees making sure they are giving everyone all the tools and resources necessary for everyone to make an impact in their professional & personal lives. The people here are second to none, from the recruiters all the way up to executive management. Very enjoyable culture where everyone is willing to help, have fun, and has the drive and determination to get the job done.
Worked with Epitec for brief period of time.
Specialty Developer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 19, 2017
You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epitec. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about