Epsilon Systems Solutions Employee Reviews

Government contractor
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I’ve seen the company grow and it has struggled to keep it culture and employee moral up. The benefits are ok. No real employee training or actual growth potential
Pros
People
Cons
Hostile work environmet, and sneaky ways of forcing you to work over time whether you like it or not.
Electrician 1 (Former Employee) –  National city, californiaJanuary 25, 2019
The management is awful, and truly doesnt care about you. They will tell you that you will work monday-friday, 8 hours a day, with optional overtime. But if they have to many contracts going on, then they will force every one to work 12 hours a day monday-saturday, and 8 hours on sunday. If you cant work excessive amounts of overtime steer clear.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Excessive overtime, bad management, hostile work environment, stressful.
Very inconsistent job
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 24, 2018
● Monitor the welding/cutting work on both sides of walls/floors and be on the alert for
signs of a fire.
● Correct or stop conditions which may lead to a fire and report any incipient fires.
Create challenging situations which optimized professional development and maximized
opportunity for success.
● Act as the first line of defense in protecting other workers and property from harm during
hot work.
Pros
easy to do job
Cons
always laid off employees
seems to be business only
Red Badge Fire watch technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 30, 2018
My time at Episilon was report to work and follow directions. I learned nothing there for I was already advanced of the position I filled there. The manager I worked for was good at his job, The culture of the workplace was business first and professional. The job was not hard, I was a fire watch. Some of the people there were very friendly.
Pros
Some people were kind
Cons
I have no comment on this
Excellent benefits with opportunity to contribut to the mission.
Senior Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Excellent management team that allowed for free and open exchange of ideas,

Provided an outstanding work environment that enhanced morale and employee participation in attaining goals,
Pros
Fantastic work environment
Cons
None.
Nice Work Place
Laborer on Navy Ships (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 30, 2018
Te company was a great company to work for. unluckily I was laid off due to contracts falling through so I did not gt to work long. Other than that I dont have muc to say about the company.
Great place
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
The company is mostly a government defense constructor.
This is Epsilon Systems headquarters and the workforce is very enthusiastic in the support of their installations and programs around the country. Being a defense constructor it is affected by programs put on hold by the budget dealings in Washington DC.
Pros
Once a week bagels, birthday and holidays celebrations
Cons
nothing really, it's a good place to work at.
Stressful
Electrician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 22, 2018
Disconnect between office and people on the deck plates. Hard to believe what is said to you from management. Hard work and dependability not considered during raises and travel.
Productive and Employee Owned
General Engineer Nonskid OSR (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23707July 17, 2018
Well balanced company that will make sure the employees are taken care of for the everyday needs. Flexible hours with great benefits with outstanding management.
Air Conditioning Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2018
I like that I work around military, makes fill like I'm still in the military. My work lead is a good he should be a supervisor. I've learned a lot while working on Navy Ships. Lately they have been coming out with new refrigeration compressor that we have to figure out how they work. With new Navy Ships comes with new equipment to work on.
Pros
Have a chance to go Government
Cons
No pay raise
Epsilon
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123May 15, 2018
Can not provide a summary of Epsilon due to be sub-contracted to another company. From the beginning of employment with Epsilon, I was assigned to work with another company.
Industrial Painter / Insulator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my fellow employee's , when it was time for work we went to work . Everyone got along very well together , we all worked good as a unit together . Plus the company was lovely altogether.
Good company with positive outlook
Program/Project Manager, Aviation (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAFebruary 25, 2018
Working at Epsilon was a pleasure. The drive and spirit of my fellow employees was admirable, everyone knew and understood their collective roles and strived to make the company successful. I learned when teams are exposed to good planning, understand the company direction, they generally want to proactively be a part of the successes and failures. Management was goal driven and supportive. Hardest part of the job was leaving the company. Most enjoyable was the culture.
Pros
Good overall vibe
Cons
Epsilon is stable company to work for. If your working as a contractor there is no growth within position.
Simulation Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIFebruary 25, 2018
President take time to meet with staff once or twice a year to discussed change that may be coming up within the company. President is easy to talk and asked questions. Overall staff are very helpful.
My experience working for company has been good. I like what I do in my position. I'm always learning something new on the job. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of dead line. The position can be very demanding at time but very rewarding.
Pros
Stable company to work for.
Cons
No growth within position.
Not the best
Programs Manager - Program Management Office (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 30, 2018
The company is diverse so overall the company is stable but there are elements that are losing finances that make job security not so well in certain divisions. The loss in these divisions is because poor management
Epsilon Systems
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Epsilon is not a company you work with as a career it is a job. A stepping stone to get to the next level and the management is not willing to build a great team.
Pros
Leniant on employees
Cons
Pay raises
Productive and fun place to work
TQP Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 2, 2018
There was plenty of work to do, busy days. I started as an administrative person and quickly advanced to running the technical qualification program for all Albuquerque site office. We had great customers and a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Local management, employer that really cared about the employees
Cons
Company grew too fast, contract had to be jointly bid on, second company was terrible
Disorganized and Unprofessional
Electrician I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 26, 2017
Although my immediate supervisors were nothing short of amazing, overall there are big disconnects between the major parts of this business. Advancement is based off doing well and more importantly, knowing the right manager. Too many people have a manager leave, and with that, all their accolades and accomplishments. Work is not steady, you'll go from working 10 hours a week for 3 weeks, then a project will start and you'll be working 60-80 hours a week.
Pros
Easy to stand out for doing a good job
Cons
Basically everything else
Ok for most
Temporary Services Foreman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2017
Not a terrible place to work but I have reached a point that I can not advance any further until someone leaves or retires. Good community and job security.
productive and fun.
Quality Assurance Inspector / Skilled Rigger (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2017
Fun work place. Easy to gain knowledge and very helpful Co workers. A Lil hard to advance and get a pay increase. In all very relax working environment and very great Co workers.